BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ankarya & Dia

Ankarya, with Dia on her back, walked carefully into the room, coming up to the same side of the bed as the nurse.

"I just wanted be sure that you would recover, you gave us... me, a big scare back there." Dia looked at the toa with a kind, reassuring smile on her face.

IC: "Gray" (Onu-Koro Hospital)

She looked at the Fe-Matoran where she was perched on the Skakdi's back, feeling a bit uneasy by the large, hulking fire elemental coming so close.

She slowly nodded at Dia, as her hand fell back to the side of the bed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Khervos and Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's forge):

Khervos looked at Noka with worried eyes as Tuli searched Ferron's place. "Noka...", he started. "Have you...?"

"Bingo!" Tuli's high-pitched voice echoed from Ferron's wardrobe. "His winter coat! It's missing!"

"That must mean he and Rhea went to Ko-Wahi", Khervos deduced with some annoyance. After his experiences with Viima, he had hoped not to be forced to enter the cold Wahi again.

Tuli wasn't any happier than Khervos about having to go for the snow region. After all, she was a fire Matoran and would be exceptionally weak in cold conditions. Ta-Koro guards who had had to make trips to Ko-Koro often told about the incredile weakness it gave them. However, Tuli knew she would be kept warm by the thought of being able to help Ferron with whatever he was going through. She would also have Khervos by her side. And the weird Po-Matoran, though she didn't care for her that much.

"Ko-Koro it is then", Tuli said. "We'll take some supplies with us and head for the Onu-Ko-tunnel."

"You need something before we leave?" Khervos asked Noka, still wondering what was going through the reserved Po-Matoran's head.

IC: Noka

For a brief moment, Noka was overcome with rage. Need something? Was she now a needy child that had been forced upon them? Need something... She needed her grandfather back, she needed to find Kuhrin, she needed-

She shook her head. "Let's go." The faster they left, the faster they'd find Kuhrin.

IC Kirgan, Hile and Teede

(Onu-Koro):

"Oh really?" Teede returned. "Then why do you insist on keeping me around in the first place? There's nothing you can accomplish that way."

"We'll think about that", Kirgan said. "For now, we need to weigh our options. We can all go to my hut to discuss."

He began leading the way. "If that's okay with you guys."

IC Khervos and Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's Forge):

Tuli gathered some supplies from her hut while Khervos and Noka waited outside. Khervos wanted to talk to Noka to distract her from the recent tragedies, but found no words. He was afraid of further upsetting the Po-Matoran anyway.

Tuli came out minutes later with warm robes for all of them to wear and two bags with supplies. "I think these will be enough for our trip", she said.

Khervos nodded and took one of the robes, putting it on. He also volunteered to carry the other bag, while Tuli did the other. They gave one of the robes to Noka to put on.

"Well, I guess we shouldn't waste any more time", Khervos said. "Let us go."

OOC: Khervos, Tuli and Noka to Ko-Wahi.

IC:

"Fine with me. And Teede, you still have an arm or two I could use. And you'd make a great punching bag as well. You're still...kinda useful."

Xaron, please stop.

fine, fine, fine. I'm trying to scare him though.

Still, man, everyone else is going to think you're bonkers.

They don't already?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

I glared at Teede.

"Would you like to be kicked in the face again? Or would you rather be hit with my arm that got cut off by that stupid robot? You're really, really getting on my last nerve, Teede. And that isn't a good place to be."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC Kirgan, Hile and Teede

(Onu-Koro):

As if sensing Xaron's dwindling patience, Bot made a faint "blip" sound. Hile looked at the small robot with curiosity.

"Hey, I never wished your arm to be cut off", Teede said. "I just wanted you to stay trapped in that lab until I got a chance to dissect you later, but that's not evil, is it? There's nothing wrong with progress."

"You were gonna dissect us?!" Kirgan shot, turning to face the scientist. "What kind of a sicko are you?!"

"No sicko, just a curious scientist", Teede replied calmly. "Your bodies would have gone to good use."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

I blinked. I blinked again.

"And you call me crazy?"

I looked down at Bot, and picked up the little robot. "I think even your little repair drone finds you bonkers..."

I put Bot down on the ground again.

"Now then, how are we going to bring him to your hut?"

1Ydp0mg.jpg

“That sword looks as durable as it does ancient,” Ra’lhen remarked, cocking his head towards the glimmering work of weaponsmithing, “That’s hardly a trait you see too much nowadays,”

The storekeeper looked to where Ra’lhen was nodding and saw the sword. Indeed, it was one of the shopkeeper’s most prized pieces of merchandise, and had been at the shop for the longest. The shopkeeper then looked down at the arguably priceless relics and still-practical weapons from the dark days of Makuta. There was also the obvious and uncomfortable fact that the guy who used them best was the one now bartering them.

“The sword… for your Proto-Knuckles?” the shopkeeper confirmed.

There were a moment of tense silence that followed, and Stannis continued to stand close to the side, not yet saying a word.

Ic:

"That's right," Ra'lhen said.

The shopkeeper's gaze drifted from Ra'lhen over to Stannis, who's imposing figure finally rose into full view of the merchant, as he gradually put two-and-two together. A Toa Maru (the leader, no less) accompanying a toa presenting the [in]famous Ronkshou's Proto-Knuckles was no mere coincidence; clearly there was a connection. The keeper gasped wide-eyed with the reckoning but was hushed by Stannis calmly cutting in with a mere nod before he said anything stupid.

With a responsive tip of his head the matoran quieted himself and, smilingly, agreed to Ra'lhen's offer of a trade. "You have a deal!"

Stannis understood the toa's exchange of weapons as a last parting from his past as he shed the final identifying vestige of Ronkshou. Ral'hen was eager to rid himself of a nightmare he shared with the island -- and with Stannis -- and doing the near-ceremonial trade before the esteemed Maru only heightened the event's importance, as if to say to Stannis "Look at what I am doing to find peace; see what I am doing to make amends."

Ra'lhen gave Stannis a sincere look as the two toa left the shop and entered Onu-Koro's avenues of industry and trade, almost like the redeemed toa was looking for a sign of approval or forgiveness in the Guardian's foggy eyes. But in that particular situation Stannis wished his eyes would betray some level of emotion and be less mystical than they were so he could convey what needed to be said without saying it. That blessing-turned-curse meant he had to speak with Ra'lhen, the first time since they left Le-Koro and vastly more candid.

"How many others know?" Stannis asked, referring to the toa-hero's past identity and the reversion to a sane identity. "Wokapu...?

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: "Gray" and NPC (Onu-Koro Hospital)

"Now, if you don't mind, our patient needs to rest and recover" Nurse Kay said as she ushered Ankarya and Dia out of the patient's room.

"You just take it easy, Kakama, and you should be good to leave in the morning" she assured the Toa with a motherly smile.

She nodded slowly, and laid down, letting the deep and palpable silence that followed run its course.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "Gray" and NPC (Onu-Koro Hospital)

Night:

Although she wasn’t aware of it, she was tossing and turning in bed, her limbs waving like seaweeds in the current, physical manifestations of her inner turmoil as she struggled futilely to rest.

Her mind was enraptured in vivid and chaotic imagery, images that warped reality and bent the mind to its uttermost extremes, forcing her consciousness along a twisted and winding path.

She was dreaming, and they were not sweet. The night mares were at full gallop tonight.

She had failed, failed to do her duty, failed to protect what mattered to her:

The waves were lapping gently against the shore, producing a frothing roar that hollered in her ears to announce the new day beginning. She was already up, sitting down in the sand watching the sunlight creep across the horizon. Beside her sat the man who’d for the longest time been her only friend, the only one who had ever believed in her. He was a man of few words, much like herself, they could find common ground in absolute, serene silence and tranquility.

It was that morning he had presented her with an offer, an offer to finally be something she had only dreamed of; someone who could stand up for both herself and the things she believed in; righteousness, mercy, love.

He had once known a great hero, who had passed his last torch to him, in hopes he would find someone worthy of carrying it further, and now he offered it to her.

Her spirit was confounded by shock, her consciousness abounded with surprise, and her mind buzzed with disbelief. Did he really think her worthy of this?

And he looked her in the eyes, and said that yes, he truly did.

She was reluctant, but slowly, she reached out, her fingertip closing in on the offering, and the power and energy that had rushed into her felt like a new beginning, a new life… a rebirth.

And then… NO.

She woke up with a startled yelp, fighting not to think of that day, when it had happened, that day when she had failed.

“Good morning”

She almost hit the roof, snapping her head in the voice’s direction to see the Onu-Matoran, ever smiling so kindly at her. She relaxed just a little.

“Hope you had a good night’s sleep.” Nurse Kay said as she gestured outwards.

“Your belongings have been put out by the entrance, you’re free to leave”

She wobbled to her feet, nodding to the Nurse with a glazed expression as the last, fleeting images of her visions crept back into the recesses of her mind from whence they came.

There it all was; her weapons, her humble trinkets, her supplies. The Vuata Maca Fruit the recluse had granted her was there, still. She nodded to herself as she remembered him.

“Take care now, Kakama” Nurse Kay said as she went for the door.

She managed a nod in return, beginning in earnest to contemplate this recent day and night as she disappeared from the naked eye in a gray blur.

The people, she had thought them against her, intent on ostracizing her for her horrible failure, but these three had shown her nothing but kindness, they had aided and helped her heal.

Could it be they didn’t, after all?

She remembered the words, the faces, the balled fists and the shrieks of anger. Such emotions could not possibly come from nothing, and they hadn’t.

But even then, Kay was just such a big smile. Maybe not everyone was against her over there, but she couldn’t return because of that. She had not yet earned the right.

She would continue to strive for it

OOC: "Gray" to Po-Wahi

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Blame vacation for the lack of posting, I ain't sorry, Void...actually you know what, terribly sorry, so so so sorry. I'll make it up to you, I swear. Just please don't hurt me. In all seriousness, genuinely sorry xD

IC:

“Here, I’ve even got proof for you.”

My hand slips in and out of my pocket, fingers diligently grasping the ‘rock’ I found at the stables. “See this bad boy? It’s mine. From yesterday.”

I bring it to my nose and take a large whiff. I try very, very hard not to choke. “No protein left in it and god knows we soldiers can’t be wasting our protein.”

My arm shoots for his face and I hold it out expectantly right before his eyes, as if to have a look.

I flick it in his direction.

“Just kidding, it’s not mine.”

Edited by TX Wade

OOC: Crikey Wade, you're making me sound like some kind of RPG mafioso... But anyway, no hard feelings, glad to have you back! :3

IC:

My Ussalry training, although amounting to about three months of cleaning Odobo's shell with Demtof breathing down my neck, managed to get me out of being hit with Rungui's little "rock".

"Y'know, fer a doctor, you're pretty disgusting..." I muttered, shooting a glare into his pink pink eyes. "But in any case, either eat up or scrub up; orders just came in, we're headed to Po; something 'bout a tech expo or something. Ask me, it's a bloody waste of our time, but I ain't about to argue with upstairs, y'know?

"Anywho, get ready, Pink-Eye," I said, grinning like the devil himself, "Looks like we've got ourselves an adventure!"

OOC: Dally and Rungui; timeskip over to Po-Koro with the rest of Light.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC(Sucogu - Onu Marketplace)

"Toa Stannis," a flat voice unceremoniously engaged itself upon the leader of the Maru and Ra'lhen. They looked up to see what could be described as a walking armory, dual sword hilts visible above his shoulders, a dagger at one hip and an axe at the other. Despite this, he moved seamlessly through the crowd. "I hate to interrupt," he said with genuine apology in his tone, "but I must inform you of a dire threat to the island's security." After looking him over a bit, one could conclude that he hadn't slept for a day or two. This was mostly due to the fact that he had searched for Stannis immediately after his encounter with Echelon.

"I am Sucogu, and my message is urgent.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ic: "Toa Stannis, I hate to interrupt but I must inform you of a dire threat to the island's security."

There was an obvious setback to being a famed toa-hero and guardian: Stannis was recognized everywhere by people with problems to bring to the warrior-prophet's attention. This was a problem the other Maru suffered to a lesser degree, mostly because unlike Stannis they were not seen to be the closest thing to a walking, talking oracle the island had. Stannis was that, an unfortunate responsibility tacked on to his inherited personality.

"I am Sucogu, and my message is urgent."

Being just a man Stannis was subject to weak thoughts and the sarcastic retort of "yeah, yours and everyone else's" almost slipped through his lips, caught only at the lasts second by his carefully tailored mind. He tried to give everyone who came to him a chance to speak their mind in the hopes of either becoming more aware of the subtle difficulties encountered by the people of his island or helping them overcome their demons, real or imagined, so he held a patient finger up to Ra'lhen to hold that thought, turned his attention to Sucugo's plight and looked down to his face. "What can I do for you?" he said easily.

IC(Sucogu - Onu Marketplace)

Contrary to Stannis' skepticism, Sucogu's report wasn't personal. He legitimately had something of at least medium importance to bring to the Toa's attention. "Echelon has information from the Abettor. He's planning something."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ic: Echelon Stannis knew about – very well, in fact. The Abettor, however, he knew of only scantily from what information Akiri Matoro was able to share when the two men met in the Sanctum. As far as Stannis was aware the Abettor was some sort of renegade riddler, clearly with a purpose but not one anyone knew about. It was on the list of things Stannis needed to investigate, but at that moment he didn't even know where the Abettor was.

At the mention of Echelon, however, he gave Ra'lhen a very stern look. Did the former dark toa even know a member of the inner circle still remained active? Ra'lhen seemed apparently surprised.

In the moment there was nothing more that Stannis could say than the simplest demand: "Tell me everything you know – about the Abettor and ending with Echelon's activities."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Kehuri

He couldn't hear Stannis's conversation, but he could tell that the person who had just approached him had started talking to him. He groaned. He could have just walked up to him and gotten an answer, rather than wait. And now he felt like he should give the Toa some space after this one had finished.

He rubbed his temples. "Why am I so #### indecisive...?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:(Sucogu)

"The Abettor speak cryptically, but he knows things about Kini-Nui and it's contents. He seems neutral, but that could be inaccurate. Echelon seemed to be working alone, but from my I've heard he can turn corpses into formidable opponents. As you can see, I know little of the Abettor, or of Echelon's intentions. I do, however, know that he is armed with dangerous information and would gladly volunteer in taking him down."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Wokapu – Onu-Koro Marketplace

Wokapu, classically oblivious, had already moved his attention to the next previously unseen market corridor. As such, he did not notice Seria’s gestures. The sounds of clashing metal, broiling flames, and gruff-sounding conversations had piqued Wokapu’s interest. Naturally, the Toa presumed that this was the corridor where the blacksmithing shops were. There was no way Wokapu could pass that up. Even though he felt his armor and twin katana were already at the peak of their quality, it was still fun to see what other shopkeepers were bringing to the table.

“Speaking of cool weaponry, I like the sounds from this part of the marketplace,” Wokapu said, pointing how his thumb towards the sounds of metal behind him, “Let’s check it out”

IC: Ra’lhen – Onu-Koro Marketplace

While Stannis was being occupied by yet another loyal fan, Ra’lhen continued to look over his sword and do a few practice swings. The metal of Ra’lhen’s newly acquired broadsword had ironically felt almost soft against his rough fingers. Despite being a larger weapon that would likely require two hands to wield, the sword felt lighter and the way it moved with Ra’lhen’s movements had made him feel almost like the sword was an extension of him.

This was hardly a surprise for the muscled ruby and sapphire Toa. His past experience with blacksmithing had led him to analyze the contours and shape of the broadsword, the look of its hilt compared to the blade, and also the shade of shiny grey that allowed Ra’lhen to estimate the density and quality of the metal. Ra’lhen knew by looking that this was the sword for him, and evidently, he was right.

“Echelon has information from the Abettor,” the Toa had said to Stannis. “He's planning something.””

When the Necromancer’s name had reached Ra’lhen’s ears, the Toa had instinctively clenched his fingers around the hilt. A burning sensation had erupted in his lower chest and the joy that had come with a new prize had immediately been burned away. Any look of surprise Ra’lhen had was now replaced with a grimace as the Toa placed his sword in the newly acquired sheath on his back. He was in a bad mood now and the Toa struggled to rework his emotions.

“With respect, why should this concern us? Or anyone?” Ra’lhen asked, trying to sound as interested and open-minded as he could, “Last I heard of him, he was beaten almost to death by one of his own minions. It will take much more than information in order to ever return to his past ‘glory’”

“Yo!”

Ra’lhen successfully kept himself from jumping at the abrupt greeting, and whirled his head to face the interrupter.

“Is… this a private meeting?” Wokapu asked sincerely. Ra’lhen sighed and relaxed his guard, as Wokapu and Seria joined the circle outside of the sword shopkeeper’s hut.

IC: Wokapu – Onu-Koro Marketplace

Wokapu immediately noticed the newcomer.

“Hi, name’s Wokapu, and this is Seria” the goldenrod Toa said, gesturing to the Toa of Water to his left, “We’re with these two gentlemen over here. What did I walk in on? Perhaps we can help”

“Echelon, that’s what.” Ra’lhen said gruffly, “It sounds like he too is trying to gain information in order to get into that vault deep underground”

Wokapu chuckled softly, as if he had just heard that a kid was trying to rob the candy stand. “Ah, yes that infamous vault,” Wokapu said, “Well, there’s no way even Echelon’s getting past the Abettor or whatever that thing’s name is. Remind me why we should be worried?”

“Honestly, I’m kind of wondering the same thing,” Ra’lhen added. The Toa of Electricity hoped to still sound open-minded, but in Ra’lhen’s honest view, Echelon and whatever followers he still had were irrelevant, and finding them was not something Ra’lhen really wanted to deal with at the moment.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC Kirgan and Hile

(Onu-Koro):

"Good idea."

The group tied Teede's hands behind his back, the Onu-Matoran scientist giving sighs of dismay every so often. When they were done, they left the Great Mine and arrived to the village.

"I live nearby", Kirgan said. "We'll be there in no..."

Suddenly Teede started yelling "Help! Help! I'm being kidnapped! Help!"

Matoran all over the village turned their gaze towards the group.

IC:(Sucogu)

The warrior lowered his brow, obviously aggravated, but decidedly calm.

"Apparently," he turned to Seria, "they are two individuals of no importance." There was more than a touch of sarcasm and disdain in his voice.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Toatapio and Friends! I HAVE ARRIVED.

IC: Sajis

"What is the nature of this situation?" asked a voice.

The patrol had been a peaceful one. Order had not been greatly disturbed. It was good. But the outburst from this gaggle of people had changed that. It had induced chaos. Disturbed the peace of the village. Interefered with the day-to-day business of the residents. Sajis despised chaos. Her duty was to eradicate it from the face of the island. At any cost.

She gave each member of the group a quick glance, noting their appearances in her mind. If they paid attention, they could see the Ussalry insignia on her shoulder.