BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Cetis arriving from Ko-Wahi

IC: Cetis (Surface area)

A burly female toa of fire ran down the mountainside, arriving at the edge of a wide forest, covering the surface of Onu-Wahi. Her intentions; to punch down trees and use their wood as flooring for the house she's building. Right away, Cetis saw a nice, big tree. Unfortunately for her, it was deep in the forest, peeking up above the other trees like a beacon of hope... and wood.

Walking through the dense forest, Cetis soon found herself surrounded by various rahi creatures. She left them be, and as such, they paid no heed to her. Soon enough, Cetis found herself at the trunk of the tree, just then realizing how big it truly is. Alright, maybe it's a bit too big. But if I take this one, I sure as Karzahni won't be needing another tree for the entire rest of the build. Cetis pondered for a moment, noticing now that the tree was covered with strange markings. Alright, so this tree has been marked...

Figuring that the tree was of some importance to the inhabitants of the woods, Cetis decided not to disturb the peace by taking the tree down, instead looking to the other trees surrounding it, but, to her surprise, she found similar markings on many of them. Man, they've laid claim to a lot of these trees... Cetis decided to remove herself from the area, figuring it probably meant something to whoever had carved the markings in the first place.

Coming across a small clearing, Cetis looked at the trees, finding to her relief that they were devoid of any markings. "Looks like it's time to punch down some trees." Lighting her fist up, Cetis got into position, and proceeded to punch one of the trees with all her might. The tree never stood a chance, the intense punch completely blowing it clean off of its rooted stump. "YEAHAH! Now THAT'S what I like to SEE! BOOYAH!" In her excitement, Cetis proceeded to punching a few more trees down. Activating her mask, she then picked them all up, and walked out of the forest with a few, very much so large tree trunks on her shoulders, heading for Mt. Ihu once more.

OOC: Short visit, but Cetis back to Ko-Wahi

IC: Naru

The Naru glanced up at Kehuri as he came over, her gaze distant for a moment. She smiled at the remains of his own that his face still wore, even if it was slightly forced.

"No, no, it was fine," She replied, Kehuri obviously in a good mood, and she wasn't about to ruin it.

"Just tired," Naru finally gave as an explanation.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naru

"Oh shush, I was traveling light this time," Naru replied with a half-hearted push . Of course, traveling light for her meant wearing only one belt of knives, rather than both. Though, after having both of them for as long a she did, one tended to get used to it. She much perfered to be carrying them, anyway.

"Really, I'm fine," She insisted, though she wasn't entire sure that Kehuri was convinced. "I promise."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kehuri

Chuckling, he stood up and pulled up a seat. "Well, I'll talk you into it later. I saw Stannis in the market today." He said the two completely unrelated and different statements in the same breath, without losing his smile and waited for Naru's reaction before saying any more.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC, VOtaka: Being new to the area, Votaka was easily lost in the vast tunnels. he thought he saw a light up ahead and approached the village. he saw someone sitting on a bench up ahead and sat down. He asked, sheepishly, "What is Pala Koro"?

OOC: Hi. I'm still new here.

Edited by Party Poison

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

IC: Krios and Ishi Polzin, from Le-Wahi

Soft velvet of deep purple covered the seat of my armchair. I call it my armchair but only because it was from where I reclined and watched as Puroi perused the Wise Man’s Archive. He would flitter like a small bird from one shelf to the next, and the table by my chair tucked neatly into a corner of the building’s first floor had become littered with scrolls and tablets, books and maps, until I was sure he would declare himself a nest builder and settle down for the season. At first I was unable to discern the course of his learning, but as the pile grew so did my understanding. Titles such as, “Rhetoric for Ko-Matoran,” were balanced atop more academic works like, “Geodes: An illustrated guide,” and one particularly damaged copy of, “Understanding Rahkshi,” that had seen far better days.

“You’re preparing to meet the Abettor, aren’t you?” I asked, a scroll unfurled in my hand and a claw tapping the compass rose. It was a map of the local tunnels, drawn with thick lines and tiny circular letters. He did not acknowledge my question at first, but after he had flipped through the pages of a small diary and deemed it unworthy for his reading his eyes looked up toward mine.

“You’re catching on rather slow. I figured by the third or fourth you’d have noticed the trend,” Puroi commented sardonically and walked back down the shelves to return the rejected diary.

I’ve come to believe he is not Puroi. Those two syllables have nothing in common with the way in which he commands himself, the way he dances and dawdles and delights in the fervent exploitation of his wit. His ego is enthralling, full of greed for some object I will never know, but can venture never will he, yet when I have least expected him to he has surprised me with an alarming sense of empathy and compassion. Such is the complexity of a man such as he is, and I do not wish to unravel the bundle of his character for fear of damaging my own.

Where am I in all these musings about the little savant? In physicality I transitioned from the armchair to the shelves themselves, reading the titles on the spine without truly bothering to understand what each entails as I follow his gray coat deeper into the Archive. In mind I am desperately searching for the answer to a nagging and tenacious question: why? Why did I join Puroi in the jungles of Ga-Wahi and why did I follow him any further than Onu-Koro? To answer I began with a short list which I will record here:

• Money
  • Adventure
  • A good gamble
  • Companionship

I see now money is what first drew me toward him. When I saw him in the clearing three nights ago he had the air of a wealthy man lacking responsibility. So far I’ve seen nothing to change that first impression, only add upon the groundwork to build something solid. He offers adventure and since my time with the Ga-Koro Marines in the battle in the lighthouse I have grown weary of conning simpletons. Where he goes I surely stand to make a profit, be it in money or memories. That was the gamble of the situation. As for companionship…

“Krios, if you’re quite finished recording your thoughts in that notebook I’d like you to help carry these books.” Ishi looked up at the vortixx expectantly from behind the mound of knowledge in his outstretched arms. “That or make room so I can get by. If you’re going to follow me around while I research you might as well help.”

Krios stared for a moment and then with a wisp of a laugh Ishi couldn’t quite place slid his pen back into his breast pocket and took the books to the table.

Companionship.

OOC: yes, these two are open for interaction in the Wise Man’s Archive.

IC: Cetis

A muscular female toa of fire entered the village of earth, holding her broken arm from having fallen down the mountainside. She looked around frantically, looking for a medical facility. Her arm was hurting like crazy, and she was pretty sure she had a few broken ribs. Maybe a hairline fracture in her leg too.

"Uggh, Karzahni, this hurts." Walking the streets of the village, she noticed a female toa of magnetism sitting on a bench. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where the doctors keep to, do you?"

OOC: That's for you, Hubert

OOC: This came in a little late, but I'm editing it in because it was supposed to be finished before Ishi went to the abettor, so without further ado this is the last jam I think I'll be writing in a while... THANKS EYRU FOR THE AWESOMESAUCE THAT IS COLLAB WRITING...

IC: Ishi Polzin and...

Ishi left Krios at the Wise Man's Archive a little past mid-morning tea. Time was told by the clockwork contraption in the center of Onu-Koro instead of by the rise and fall of the sun, though some matoran could tell the hour by the waxing and waning of a light-stone's strength, or so it was rumored. His feet were sure as they walked the wide road from the center of town outwards into the homes of the village...

The house did not deviate far from Onu-Koran standards: it was dark and quiet, with a single, elegant light-stone lamp providing dim light to each room. The ceiling was low, so much so that a Toa might have to duck to pass through each doorway. Throughout the halls, the sound of a harp could be heard, playing a slow, peaceful tune.

A Matoran sat before one lamp, reclining comfortably in a purple chair, his face cast in shadow. Across the room, the harpist played, her dextrous fingers plucking delicate strings.
He waited, listening to the music.
The movement ended and a slow clapping echoed off the stone walls, drawing the seated figure's eye to the doorway where a matoran leaned against the frame, legs crossed, tired face slowly returning to normal with the medicine of music. He had been let in, an expected presence, and yet his footsteps had not been heard on the stone floor.
"You were right about the mountain top, but the avalanche seems to have frozen in place for now." Ishi said and entered the room.
The Matoran gestured to a chair that sat across from his own, one of the few other pieces of furniture in the room. After a long pause, the harpist began to play again, more softly than before.
“Take a seat,” he said, green eyes blinking once. “Welcome to my home.”
"The place is far less ostentatious then I'd imagined, but then you've always kept a rather low profile. Hearing you're voice is one thing but," Ishi paused to straighten the front of his coat as he nestled into the chair, "having the face to match it only makes things more... Interesting."
He smiled and tapped a finger to the side of his head. "I've always had a bad habit of analyzing people. For example, Ambages was a real piece of work but I got somewhere in the end. I feel I can play the part you asked in Ko-Koro’s succession, but I need more information before things can slip into place. At the moment it’s more likely the individual pieces will fall into place and grind against each other until the whole mechanism goes up in smoke.”
"What do you need."
Ishi thought for a moment. "A few things. First, I want to know more about this organization you and Ambages both belong to. I've heard rumors in certain circles but meeting with The Architect confirmed my suspicions. Ideally you'll answer truthfully to save us both time and money. Second," Ishi thumbed the fur lining of his collar, "Your knowledge of Matoro's death. Where'd you get it? If I'm going to align the pieces properly I need to know who started the ignition."
Ishi stared into Caerus’ green eyes, watching as he spoke for the nearly imperceptible flickers of emotion, more habit than specific intention.
“You're very curious,” the Matoran replied. “Your investigation into Ko-Koro's affairs has been less discreet than I had hoped; you have gathered little that I have not already known; and yet you come back asking for more secrets that you have not earned. What do I gain, Hapaka, by telling you these things?”
"Curious, yes. I learned many things with my 'heavy-handed' approach. When I work on my own in a closed container what becomes necessary are allies, or at least some form of body fodder to take the blade intended for my neck. It may have seemed heavy handed but for all intents and purposes it's now my move in the game and I have almost everything I need. I know who drew Matoro's blood, I know the neuro-poison he ingested, and I've learned..."
He paused long enough to wave a hand through the air, as if parting a veil. "Both you and Ambages work together. And more so, neither trust the other or you're phantom companions I've yet to find. There is something turning in the shadows of this assassination. Matoro's death was heavy handed, it's only a front to hide the more subtle plan moving steadily behind. You're well aware how common such a tactic is. I have other things at work, which I'm sure is expected. If you'd be kind enough to answer my questions I may be able to stop chaos and place someone credible on Ko-Koro's throne, possibly Korzaa and less potentially Ahka Tamara, while moving the blame of it all away from the source so the larger game can continue in the shadows unexposed. You have many things to gain, one of them quality sleep without the fear of death clawing at your mind. The other is undoubtedly a sense of ease knowing I'll be able to pull off what is required of me without starting an island-wide war. If you want me to keep counting the benefits I can list them off alphabetically or chronologically. You don't trust me, Caerus and I respect that, but in the end I'm where I am because I enjoy it. I won't kill the game, I'll only move it forward. Who are The Peers, what is there agenda, and who plotted Matoro's death?"
A slow, deliberate blink. The harpist continued to play, notes floating on the air like rose petals.
“Sometimes, Hapaka, we must make difficult decisions,” the Matoran said. “And, sometimes, I wonder if my slumber might be better served not by removing Ambages, but you.”
Ishi cocked his head to one side. "Would it be better to kill someone who digs up truth for his enjoyment or a man who can avoid the accuracy of Leah Maru's kanohi and more than likely plans to lay waste to civilization as we know it?" He shrugged, the folds of his coat opening with a rustle of lava eel skin and fur as he rested his head in his hand and his arm on the chair.
“Telling the truth can be dangerous business,” the Matoran replied. “Those who dig too deep may find more than they bargained for.”
"Who said I would tell it?" Ishi gave a soft laugh. It echoed off the walls and down the halls, temporarily overpowering the harpist's tune. "Most of what I learn I keep locked up in this black box of a brain. It sounds hypocritical, but I'm sure you understand. Knowledge is its own special form of power. It may not be able to move mountains or freeze oceans, but it can certainly sway the tides of our desires. The more I know the less I can leave to guesswork. The less I leave to guesswork the more perfectly I can perform."
He rose, taking a few steps about the room. The walls were smooth, carves from a single chunk of stone in the bowels of the earth. "I hate guessing. It makes things messy. If I know instead everything becomes wonderfully ordered. I'm all for order." He finished with a wry smile as he leaned against the wall near the harpist, watching her fingers move with delicate precision. A precision he wished to emulate throughout his own life.
“I, too, hate guesswork,” the Matoran returned. “And perhaps my affairs might be more ordered if I simply returned your mask to Ambages to gain his trust.”
The music ceased.
His green eyes glowed in the dim light. “Secrets stay safest when buried.”
An impassive glance passed between the unpredictable man and his hapaka. He knew Ishi had taken stock of the room before entering. It had been the fleeting glances as the informant clapped. The fireplace, the chairs, the small table, and the other few belongings had been placed in a mental map and plotted for possible outcomes. the shortest line of distance between Caerus and the harpist had been mathematically evaluated. Ishi knew where things were. It was a confidence he had no pretense to hide but no arrogance to flaunt.
"Threatening to kill me did nothing for you," Ishi admitted candidly as he moved to the arm of the open chair and sat ad-hock on the wood. "It only proved what I had suspected, that my questions were of a far more than sensitive nature and that you're afraid for it to get out, afraid for your own life I can imagine given your partner in this plot." He undid the rose broach holding the front of his coat closed and tossed it lightly in the palm of his hand to create an awkward metronome. "There are certain things that happen in communication. Threats from men like you and Ambages often mean I've hit a nerve. Strangely, if I can prove how I'm useful in someone's plan they let me live. If you planned to kill me from the outset I'd have died in a Po-Koro cell months ago."
He re-pinned the brooch to his coat. "Let's be honest. You distrust Ambages. He more than distrusts you. Sending him my mask wouldn't do much, except maybe you'd get a return request for my corpse as confirmation. Ambages does business and likes things tidy in his dealings. Loose ends really aren't his style until I come along and start pointing them out. Same with you. Sure, you two could use me as a way to temporarily relieve your paranoia. Putting your differences aside to keep the status quo. It wouldn't work though. If you kill me it shows you don't know your pieces and therefore are not suitable to play the game. If he kills me, well," Ishi gave a chuckle, "then I guess he'll be able to keep mowing down challengers to the position of Akiri and your attempts to thwart his plans without direct interference will be moot. In other words you lose, he wins, and I'm a poorly used piece, pawn sacrifice or queen trade it makes no difference."
There was a short pause and then Ishi hopped onto his feet and clapped his hands together as if struck with a marvelous idea. "Or, you could answer truthfully and use your pieces wisely. I'll stop the ascension of our acquaintance to leadership of a wahi, you'll look perfectly innocent thanks to some well timed hot heads taking the fall instead, and I'll have a sixty-six percent chance of death to contend with. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?"
“You talk too much,” the Matoran returned, his delivery almost lazy. “I'm not afraid of you. I am, however, wary of your hubris and of your need to incessantly prove your intelligence to everyone within earshot. I find that the more a man talks, the less he knows; and the less he knows, the more useless he becomes.
“I won't reward you for an empty guess. I did not threaten you: I offered a solution to our current state of affairs, one that is appearing increasingly sensible as your vapid conversation continues. Even I, the master of whispers, am growing tired of listening to you.”
Ishi had the good sense to remain silent and return to the chair. His ego floundered, as if Caerus had walked up to a large balloon with a pair of pins and stuck them deep. Ambages had done something similar when insulting Ishi's intelligence. The informant stalled, finger tapping the chair arm. Hubris,vapid monologues, and a loose mouth were the accusations of the prosecutor. In the specific instance Ishi had to agree. Ishi had been notified of his weaknesses, and weakness killed in the dark world of secrets.
“You're right, my apologies. I stepped over a line that shouldn't have been crossed and wasted plenty of air decoding our conversation rather than focusing on the larger matters." He looked back at Caerus. The Spider was paying more attention to the crackling hearth than his repenting spy. It would take true information, actual useful bits of the truth Ishi coveted so dearly, to regain attention. Ishi leaned forward.
"There's a group plotting to take Ko-Koro before an election can happen. They're rabble rousers mainly, but with deep pockets. I've found my way in with them, but it's only a matter of time before things begin to fall apart. You'll know when because transportation and communications will be shut down. Their plan is full of loop holes to manipulate and I intend to. If I knew the origin of Matoro's murder I could use that as well. Being able to give the entire population something to rally behind would only bring them to the watering hole. I just need information they'll drink. I could concoct it, but lies only work when truth is behind them.
“I also know who owns the kanohi Komau.”
The Spider steepled his fingers. The harpist didn't move.
Then, at last: "Very well."
He leaned forward, eyes alight. "I killed Matoro.
"I left my game of secrets for the first time in a long time because the moment was right. I set up Ambages to take the throne because I knew it would be too obvious. The easier his ascension, the deeper the suspicion. The other Akiri never trusted him, but now they are almost certain.
"You wish to bring him down? Then make his ascension easy. By serving him, you will both gain his trust and earn your coin, and, when the moment is again right, the other Akiri will turn on him. He will fall."

OOC: Ishi Polzin to Kini-Nui

IC: Krios

I was lounging in the Wise Man's Archive and reading a book about the history of the Kumu-Islets when the doorbell rang with the soft sound of a visitor.

OOC: Anyone? Open for interaction.

Edited by Kughii

With her body so badly battered and broken, Cetis was in a hurry to find some help, and thus rushed to the nearest house she could see, ringing the bell. "Please! I need help!" With one leg broken, and the other tired from holding her weight on its own for so long, in addition to the pain of her injuries, Cetis collapsed next to the door.

OOC: This one's for you, Kughii

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Well snap.

I had gotten halfway through a treatise written several decades before I had arrived on Mata-Nui describing the creation of the Kumu-Islets as a free zone with its own government, or rather a lack thereof, when the doorbell rang. Of course I naturally expected someone to walk through the glass partition, but upon shifting my gaze to the window I saw a blood streak against the pane and the source, a wounded hand, sliding down with the awful sound of something wet.

Puroi had changed something about me in the past three days for I found myself compelled by some greater force to help the dying toa. Mayhaps I did it out of the wish for gaining gold, or a favor, on the back end. More than likely I did it because I was bored. In any case with a rush of lithe physique I was outside and had the toa's arm around my shoulder. I looked into her pakari and the first thing I wanted to ask was if she cut trees for a living. However post-marine experience in Ga-Wahi I learned to ask a far more pertinent question:

"What the karz happened to you?"

"You look like it," I muttered under my breath as I half dragged, half carried the wounded toa in the direction of where I thought the hospital was. She was heavier than most women I had carried due in part to the large amount of muscle from whatever workout routine she deigned to partake of. I had decided to stay clear of her if things came to a fight, but for now she was wounded and I was getting blood on my shirt helping her to a place of healing.

OOC: Hey, anyone got a doctor character in Onu-Koro?

The wounded toa of fire looked up ahead of where they were heading, noticing what was obviously a facility of medicine. Her vigor returned as she stepped faster and harder with her healthy foot, speedily getting them both to the doors of the hospital.

OOC: I think you'll just have to NPC a doctor, Kughii.

OOC: Sounds good.

The dull sign of a healer's office glowed in the half-light of the underground. I remember how it creaked on its hinges, pushed by a subterranean breeze. Inside the door things had been less eerie. A cheery onu-matoran with biceps the size of my head called to us as we entered, and after noting the state of my charge quickly rushed us into a side room where his table was set up. I didn't bother to stay during the healing. Given how it was just a matoran the most he could do was apply salves, splints, stitches, and a few hits with a monkey wrench to reset some of the inorganic components. I heard the dull thumb of his work through the closed door, my hands holding a thin magazine which I perused with disinterest. Why had I stayed? It was simple really: favors. If I lingered I could see the toa to an inn. She wouldn't be fully healed and still in need of a toa with a sana. Why wouldn't I tag along and help her to the closest major hospital I knew of, all the way in Ko-Wahi? Throughout the trip I would play the dauntless hero, and if Puroi actually returned alive from his visit with the Abettor he could help me with the rouse.

Albeit not fully healed, the medical officials had managed to patch up any open wounds, and put a cast made from metal rods and a lightweight binding material around her broken leg to hold the bones in place, now that they had carefully set it back in place. Cetis walked out of the room using a single crutch to aid her. "Thanks for helping me out. I..." Cetis suddenly felt a jolt of pain in her chest "GAH! Stupid chest fracture."

Edited by Toa Onaku