BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Aar

With a grunt, he set to practice, throwing disk after disk at the target. Not the most widely used method of combat underground, and as such, the disks still didn't quite sit comfortably in his hands.

IC: Kehuri - Some time later

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. This didn't happen often, but with Kehuri that only meant lapsing into a brooding silence. His mind was a storm as he stepped into the Ussalry training arena.

"Aar."

The Ussalmatoran looked over. "Hey."

"Let's spar, I need to focus on something."

The matoran took a spear, and Kehuri a saperka and shield, to even out their reach some. They took fighting stances.

They were actually perfectly suited to each other's fighting styles, Aar being an aggressive attacker, and Kehuri a defensive supporter. Usually their fights ended with neither having landed a hit on the other.

"So what's on your mind?"

"The usual."

"Get it out."

Aar was no psychologist, but the Toa had taught him a thing or two. Talking was therapeutic. With a sigh, he started. "I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything."

"Crime rates are pretty low."

"But we haven't made any progress on the murderer out there."

"That isn't your fault."

"I haven't given it my all."

Aar threw a stab, which Kehuri parried.

"You're not a detective."

"But I could be protecting the victims."

The Matoran launched a flurry of attacks. Kehuri let his instincts take over, as his eye was too slow to follow it all. No hit got through.

"You would have to be everywhere at once."

He was right, Kehuri knew. He shifted the subject to his other concern. "I've also been thinking about the Maru."

"Ah." Aar had heard this one before. He feinted high and struck low. Kehuri blocked high with his saperka and turned the attack aside with the shield.

"Makuta's dead. So why isn't Mata Nui awake?"

"Nobody knows. The vault probably has an answer to that."

"Probably." Kehuri threw an attack, which Aar blocked with the haft of the spear. A blow from the shield stunned him, and he took a hit to the shoulder from his friend's next attack.

"You're wondering if there really is a Mata Nui." It wasn't a question.

"As much as I don't want to admit it, yes. Thinking about that won't help, though."

"As far as I'm concerned, he's real."

"Aye."

Aar threw another attack, then threw himself fully at Kehuri, who jumped back and tapped his back with the saperka.

"You're dead."

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: [ Rhea ] - Onu-Koro

"Oh?"

For an instant, the word almost sounded... menacing.

And in that instant, the halfhearted motherly charade that the Su-Toa had started with the 'my dear' shattered like glass, like the falsehood that it was. In its place was quick, cold, ruthless intelligence... heat as chill as the biting frost. Professional lavasurfer, seasoned bounty hunter, former officer of the Ta-Koro Guards... yes, there was nothing particularly motherly about Toa Rhea, nor had there ever been.

Her voice was cool, casually arrogant. "Ga-Matoran, I am Rhea. And may I point out that I do not offer anything to anyone. I accept offers from them."

"But then, I do not expect commoners such as yourself to understand such subtle distinctions. Pray speak on; we are alone here."

IC Surina and Khervos

(Onu-Koro):

No, you are not alone, Khervos thought to himself as he observed events from the roof of a nearby hut. Having years of experience with being a private detective, Khervos knew exactly how to stay quiet, stiff and hidden while he spied on his quarry. So far, the strange Ga-Matoran was proving to be a very interesting target indeed. Where had he seen her before?

Surina was a bit phased by the reveal of Rhea's identity, but quickly regained her composure. Although standing much shorter than the Toa of Plasma, she still managed to look important, in her own way.

"Nice to finally meet you, Rhea", she said with a tone not unlike that of Rhea's. "By 'your offer', I meant one for a job. A task, or whatever it is you were talking about in that note of yours by the lightpost. Whatever it is, I'm ready for business."

IC: TORVOTH

The Vortixx inventor looked at the hook gun. "Uhhhh... You need to buy this to keep me in business?"

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OOC: So what now? Do you want to group up and go on an adventure, or?

OOC: Only if you ask in-character :P

IC: Torvoth

Torvoth simply stared at the departing Toa. "Ummm... are you going to pay me? I mean, I know there are places where that walking-out-without-paying is all the rage, but I don't think Onu-Koro has been touched by that. Yet. However, I'd still really love a few widgets for ... my stuff. Well, I'd love a lot of widgets, but a few are okay as well. I don't know how to put this nicely, but, please fork 'em over?" The short Vortixx's hand slowly and unobtrusively crawled towards an object whose outlines were obscured by shadows, but given that everything else in the workshop was a weapon, it probably was too.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Onu-Koro

"You name the job," answered the white-cloaked bounty hunter simply, "and I'll--"

She faltered almost imperceptibly, green eyes widening slightly, then narrowing, as an odd primal shiver slid gently up her spine and prickled at the base of her skull. Her soldier's sixth sense, forged and honed in decades of hard combat during the Great War, strengthened in months of intense one-on-one hunting in the island's wilds. Not a foolproof alarm system, by any means whatsoever, but instincts tended to be eerily accurate with the proper training, and Rhea had long ago learned to trust her guts, or intuition, or whatever you wished to call it.

A moment's hesitation, no more, then her voice went smoothly on, calm and controlled as before.

"--name the price."

Someone was watching; it was certainly possible, and the possibility worried her. There had been no one trailing her when she had left the Forge, of that much she was certain. And if someone was a-prowl... She was not the target, therefore...

There is more to you, Ga-Matoran, than meets the eye. I wonder...

Summoning her elemental energies, she let her breath out slowly and sent her mind swirling outwards into the surrounding area, reading and sifting the various heat signatures present with an intimate skill. Torches, heavy machinery, distant passers-by, eddying currents of smoke and steam... and perched motionless atop a nearby hut, a lone warmblood. A Matoran or small Toa, judging by the general size and physical structure.

An eavesdropper, no more. Any assassin would have struck by now, hit them hard and fast from the shadows; Rhea cursed herself inwardly for not having probed the area as soon as she'd crossed paths with this arrogant little water-lady. It had been a careless, potentially fatal mistake.

It wouldn't happen again.

Dropping her mental concentration, she moved on as if nothing at all had occurred. The eavesdropper would not be eavesdropping for much longer. Nero tended to have that effect on people.

At the thought, a faint wicked smile played about the corners of her mouth.

- - -

Nero, too, had swiftly located the skulking Ba-Matoran, having sensed him several minutes before his employer had. The Ba-Matoran was well hidden, he noted disinterestedly, but was still no match at all for a feral hunter-barbarian of Nero's class. The winds, eddying currents that swirled and twisted and whispered their secrets, told all. There was an obstruction in a place where no obstruction should be, and the rest was but a matter of sifting the shadows with razor-keen senses until its nature had been ascertained.

Activating his Great Kanohi Volitak, the Le-Toa sprang, caught hold of a protruding lump of stone, and swung himself easily to the rooftop with tigerlike precision, nearly invisible, utterly silent.

OOC:

Permission to kill? :P

EDIT: Rewrote the 'feeling that someone's watching' passage, as per metagaming heads-up. I'm not going to entirely revoke it, however; real-life people like Tom Brown Jr. are living proof that such instinctual awareness is not only possible, but plausible. Besides, I have to have some sort of flimsy justification for Rhea's thermal energy probe, don't I? :P

Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC: Khervos' girlfriend is around and interferes in this post. I guess you can still kill or injury Khervos in your next post if you want, since Khervos is lying down on the roof, but it would not happen as stealthily as you intended.

IC Surina, Khervos and Tuli

(Onu-Koro):

Surina shrugged at Rhea's strange mid-sentence pause. "I could give you a long explanation of what I'm looking for, but... there might be an easier way. Do you know who I am?"

Meanwhile atop the roof, Nero was just about to strike at Khervos. Even a veteran detective could not spot a surprise attacker with a Volitak in a dark cave like the one of Onu-Koro.

"Khervos! Watch out!" The voice of Tuli screamed, echoing in the caverns. She had not found a sign of Ferron and had been looking for Khervos for a long while now. She had arrived just in time to see a faintly visible, shadowy figure hop on the same roof as Khervos.

Khervos, confused, rolled over and saw something ghost-like atop him.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

For a moment, silence reigned.

Despite what some think, and many more new recruits had whispered in their barracks at night, Tarnok was far from clueless. His job required a significant ability to gauge a situation and react, and that included being able to read the people around him. It wasn't a skill as refined as that of a spec ops agent, they had training specifically to deal with such analysis, but it was one that he had learned steadily over the years. It was necessary to understand how a team would work together, and to know what the members of that team were thinking.

And it was clear that something was on Leli's mind.

"Ma'am," he started to say, before pausing. "Leli. Is something wrong?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Khervos' girlfriend is around and interferes in this post. I guess you can still kill or injury Khervos in your next post if you want, since Khervos is lying down on the roof, but it would not happen as stealthily as you intended.

(Onu-Koro):

Surina shrugged at Rhea's strange mid-sentence pause.

OOC:

Someone just kindly pointed out my unintentional bit of fairly severe metagaming in regard to 'a feeling of being watched'. I should have caught it, but I wrote the post late at night whilst suffering from a mild sore throat and... well, yeah. I honestly didn't even realize what I was doing; please accept my deepest apologies.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I'll soon be editing that post a bit to try and make it somewhat more realistic. The end outcome should be roughly the same, however, so you shouldn't have to edit any of your posts to accommodate.

And no, I was merely jesting about killing that stupid interfering private eye. Even Nero has enough sense to avoid entirely needless slaughter, seeing as how it tends to irritate the local law enforcement. I'll just try giving him a scare or something. :P

"Perhaps yes, perhaps no." shrugged the Su-Toa noncommittally. "Is your name... better left unsaid, or might you chance clearing the waters with a single stroke?"

---

Nero sprang, tensed muscles exploding like a coiled spring, and landed on the startled gumshoe with all the smashing impact of the figurative ton of bricks, right knee driving home in the unfortunate Ba-Matoran's midsection with nauseating force.

Thud.

Without turning his head, the Le-Toa deftly snagged his prone victim's throat in the crushing grasp of a massive right hand and growled softly, "One more word, girlie, and I bust his neck. Shut up."

IC: Mar (The Wise Man's Archive)

My ears caught wind of the commotion from a few blocks away, the sound of the Le-Brute's spoken threat sounding particularly unwelcome in my ears.

"3, 2, 1"

Karv suddenly perked up as his own ears caught wind of the commotion. As potent as his senses were, I had him far outclassed in the hearing department.

The Kavinika's head swiveled around to regard me, expecting an order. I triggered my Akaku and peered through several layers of brick and soil before I finally noticed the Su-Toa, now joined by no less than three Matoran.

It seemed she'd gotten herself tangled up in a little debacle of sorts.

"Well, good luck with that." I thought, smirking a little.

I looked away, made a dismissive gesture in Karv's direction, and dulled out the rest of the noise as I reclined against the wall I'd been leaning on for the last couple of minutes.

She would get here eventually, I wasn't in any hurry to put myself in harm's way on her behalf, she would probably give me ample opportunity to do that later.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Ah, good, cause I was really afraid you would kill him... I just thought that in that situation survival would've been unrealistic unless Nero himself faltered so I decided to accept whatever outcome would be the most reasonable. But since things turned out this way, I'm happy. You don't need to apologize though, I didn't find the metagaming that serious. :)

(Onu-Koro):

Surina turned her head at the conflict between Nero, Khervos and Tuli.

"Now what's going on there...", she mumbled, then turned at Nero. "Perhaps we should discuss the matter in a more... private location?"

Tuli stopped at Nero's threat. He wouldn't snap Khervos' neck, would he? Well, he was trying to kill him before, so the odds weren't looking that good...

"What do you want with him, you monster?" Tuli snapped, her fiery nature taking over. "He hasn't done anything to you."

I can't believe I led Tuli to danger again... Khervos thought, full of regret at placing his girlfriend in this crazy scenario.

Rhea turned her head to follow the Ga-Matoran's gaze, feigning surprise at the rooftop drama being played out in the dense subterranean shadows some distance above and behind them. "Why... at first guess, I'd say it certainly looks as though my bodyguard is beating up an eavesdropper and threatening said eavesdropper's love interest, doesn't it?"

She dropped her voice to a nearly inaudible whisper and added, "You are right; this area, I fear, is not secure in the least. We shall arrive at a more suitable one in but a moment. I think I may have to intervene on behalf of that stupid Matoran that's being strangled, however..."

---

Nero's eyes gleamed darkly, muscles twitching and rippling in his hand as he slowly twisted the Ba-Matoran's neck ever-so-slightly to the left. The vertebra crunched and grated ominously with the movement; a few more pounds of pressure, and damage would be dealt that would take a whole lot more than a master chiropractor to fix.

"He was snooping. I don't like snoopers."

(Onu-Koro):

Surina's eyes narrowed.

"I recognize that Matoran", she said, referring to Khervos. "He's trouble."

"You hate snoopers?" Tuli repeated Nero's words. "Well, I hate guys who threaten my boyfriends. Let him go."

The Vortixx glanced at the widgets on the table. "Oh. Oops. Didn't see those. Sorry. Carry on." As Ardoku began to leave, Torvoth watched him go hesitantly, then after some (but not too much) consideration, followed the Toa out the shack's rickety door.

OOC: That's not creepy at all.

IC: Ardoku

The toa decided to head back home. He walked among the dimly lit rock road to a small, crudely built hut in the outskirts of the village. He walked in and placed his new purchases in a small rug-sack on the floor. He then lied down on a rough bed and tried to fall asleep, but he couldn't shake the feeling... he was being watched?

OOC: Nope, not creepy at all.

Edited by Toa Onaku

"A potential 'wrench in the works', you say? Well, then, all the more reason to forge an illusory friendship with him... not to mention the female who most likely has a good deal of influence over his actions." murmured Rhea softly. "I'm going back to intercede; you continue on to the Wise Man's Archive bookstore. Act as if you're a sight-seer from Ga-Koro, looking for interesting facts about this area. I shall join you there momentarily."

Turning, she hurried back down the street, hoping to get within clear earshot of the situation before Nero actually killed somebody.

---

Nero flatly ignored the Ta-Matoran's foolishly courageous order, instead shifting his focus back to the dazed Ba-Matoran pinned beneath his knee. The noisy female would have to be dealt with, yes, but first things first.

Shifting his grip, he brusquely jerked the gumshoe's head up into the air, then slapped it viciously back down onto the solid stone rooftop with a sickening crack. Matoran of Gravity might have been resistant to extreme crushing force, but a sharp chopping impact to the vulnerable base of the skull, backed by all Nero's raw strength and skill, was something entirely different. Unconsciousness was immediate; concussion, inevitable.

Nero rose ape-like to his feet and swung about to face Tuli, his acid-green eyes glowing like faint embers in the vague greyish outline that was his Volitak-cloaked body. He raised his hand, battle-scarred fingers curling into a fist.

"I told you to shut up."

The fist clenched; his eyes gleamed brighter with concentration. A millisecond later, every last molecule of air in the Ta-Matoran's lungs was forcibly evicted in an explosive, painful burst.

Tuli's central respiratory system had just become a vacuum, and Nero wasn't letting anything come back in. Nothing at all.

OOC:

Just so you understand, I'm not trying to make any 'autohits' here. If you don't agree with Khervos' assumed unconsciousness, please let me know and I'll edit it out.

OOC: No problem. Not really sure how that last move works though... I'll just think of a reaction. :P

IC Surina and Tuli

(Onu-Koro):

Surina nodded slowly and left for the Wise Man's Archive. She had heard enough of Rhea's talk to know that she was worth allying with. Perhaps she might get her revenge on Hahli after all.

Tuli stumbled backwards in shock. She had felt great pain in her chest and shut her mouth, luckily on time before her organs were wrapped around each other.

I can't beat him, Tuli thought in defeat, starved of oxygen. I'm just a Matoran... I can't defeat a Toa.

A discussion with Jaller - the last one before Tuli had quit the guard - entered her mind.

"Your ignorance betrays you..."

"One Matoran is no match against a Toa gone rogue..."

"One Matoran, with the correct training, can easily defeat a Toa..."

I have that training, Tuli thought. I was in the guard. I can do this... for Khervos, if nothing else!

Tuli took out the disk she was carrying behind her with lightning reflexes and hurled it straight towards Nero. Even as the disk went flying, Tuli took a sprint and dove into one of the nearby huts. Hidden from Nero's sight, the air powers wouldn't affect her. She let air slowly fill her mouth and took a deep breath again.

Tuli was about to prove Nero that Matoran were not weak.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: A Toa of Magnetism walked toward's the shop run by Matan and Natan. Beside him walked a Skakdi, perhaps an odd sight in the eyes of some. Bijackal, the Skakdi, raised his hand to the door and knocked, creating a series of loud booms.

IC (Matan): A few metallic bangs could be heard from the workshop at the back of the house before Matan came to the door. Recognising his fellow engineers, he smiled and invited them in. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked.

ppg2.png

Just as Ardoku began to shake off the feeling that he was being watched and beginning to fall asleep, he heard "You're pretty boring, you know that?" from the corner. He shot upright. The voice continued. "I mean, you didn't shoot anybody on the way home, or torch some dwellings with your new toys. However, I'll overlook that if you tell me what we're going to do next."

OOC: Torvoth has no sense of personal space. Or sense of anything.

IC: A Toa of Magnetism walked toward's the shop run by Matan and Natan. Beside him walked a Skakdi, perhaps an odd sight in the eyes of some. Bijackal, the Skakdi, raised his hand to the door and knocked, creating a series of loud booms.

IC (Matan): A few metallic bangs could be heard from the workshop at the back of the hous e before Matan came to the door. Recognising his fellow engineers, he smiled and invited them in. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked.

IC:"Simply put, business." Miraul answered with a chuckle, " A client wants a steamship, and wants it made of ironwood and protosteel. I don't have a Toa who can do elemental manufacture of ironwood in my employ, and protosteel tires out even the best Toa of Iron. So I though you might be useful. Would you care to do contracted work for us to help on the project? I note that we're looking into a Ga-Koro drydock to build at, so some travel might be involved."

IC (Matan and Natan): Sitting around a table in the main room of their house, Matan and Natan gave each other a look. The brothers knew each other well enough to know the other's response, if not quite read their thoughts. On one hand, this was an excellent opportunity to be part of some ground-breaking construction. It also meant some travel away from the confining darkness of Onu-Koro, which Matan was already itching for. On the other, they couldn't agree before they knew more about the project. If the people running it were impossible to work with, very little could compensate. Even above that, however, one question burned in their minds.

"How much are you paying?" they asked in synchrony.

ppg2.png

The Ga-Matoran was coming, Karv made sure to notify me when my fellow Akaku-wielder approached the building, waiting for the same Su-Toa as me, whose name I had overheard to be "Rhea".

I looked away, didn't say anything, and didn't even bother to correct Karv when he growled at her. He would only have to check and see that I was completely unfazed for him to no longer consider the Matoran a threat. Sure enough, he eventually stilled, and sat down again beside me, still keeping a watchful eye on the Matoran, though.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Surina

(Onu-Koro, Wise Man's Archive):

The first thing that greeted Surina as she entered the Wise Man's Archive was a growling Kavinika. It took her a while to shift her focus from the animal to the gunmetal-grey Toa.

"What's with the Rahi?" she asked bluntly.

Nero recoiled, his concentration breaking as the female Ta-Matoran did the one thing he would never have expected. Struck back, with all the reflexive, blinding speed of a wounded cobra. Fast and hard.

Still, Nero was a Le-Toa, and more than that, he was a predator. In a very literal sense, he earned his sustenance through violent close-quarters combat, situations where a single miscalculation could mean serious injury or death. There was no place in the wild for ones who couldn't cope, and when the bamboo disk hit the air where his chest should have been, he was already gone, three feet to one side and moving fast.

The Ta-Matoran had made one fatal error. She had ducked for cover into a nearby empty hut, placed herself within a restricted environment in which her pursuer would hold every advantage. There was one entrance, one exit. One. It was a trap, and Nero, ever the adaptable, was about to take full advantage of it.

He sprang to the edge of the rooftop, swinging his weight forward with a half-crouched simian gait, and prepared to--

"Hold, Nero. Stand down. I'll take it from here."

Rhea was standing in the street below, eyes narrowed, one hand resting idly on her hip, the other hidden out of sight in her cloak pocket. Her brain was whirring away at full calculation capacity, and rightfully so. She had seen the little female fight back in the face of inevitable defeat, and she, a veteran soldier herself, had seen military training come to the fore in the deed. Few civilians would have the presence of mind to react in such a manner; no civilian would have reacted in such a manner with such evident skill. Rhea had been surprised, and more than that, she had been impressed. Such emotions were almost entirely foreign to her.

Nero halted and relaxed, deactivating his Volitak. His face and eyes, formerly intense and menacing, slipped back into an alert, emotionless blank.

Rhea turned towards the hut door and crouched on her heels so as to speak with the Ta-Matoran on the same level. "You can come out now. My bodyguard overreacted, I'm afraid. Are you hurt?"

IC Surina

"Let me guess", Surina said, looking at Mar's armor. "Element of Iron?"

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro):

Tuli had found a large metal plate in the hut and was in a prepared position to smash it in the face of anyone entering the hut. Surprisingly though, it wasn't the Toa of Air coming in, but one of... some other element.

"Your bodyguard?" Tuli said. Her voice bore the hard efficiency of a Ta-Koro guard member, as well as the resolve she felt for what had been done to Khervos. She didn't waste time hurrying out of the hut, past Rhea and climb up on the roof where Khervos' limp body lay in a state of unconsciousness.

"Mind telling me why your 'bodyguard' set out to kill Khervos?" she snapped at Rhea from the roof.

IC Khervos

(Body in Onu-Koro, mind wandering):

"You can never destroy me."

Khervos opened his eyes. He could see different shades of grey around him, but nothing else.

"You... nothing... I am... are... nothing..."

"Who's this?" Khervos asked, stiffening himself. He had no idea where he was of where these unclear voices were coming from.

"Look behind you, Matoran."

Khervos did just that, only to see a mass of darkness before him. The being seemed to be nothing in particular... just a mass of something with dark eyes staring at him from within.

"Did you really think you could stop Surina?" the dark figure asked in a booming voice.

"Surina?!" Khervos snapped in exasperation. "Surina is dead..."

"You know better than that", the figure said. "That's why you followed her..."

Before Khervos could reply, the mass of darkness coalesced into the form of a Toa of Earth Khervos knew all too well.

"Kavala!" he cried out in shock of recognition and the impossibility of the situation.

Somewhere far away from Khervos and Kavala, a mass of color could be seen.

"Let me show you why you are doomed", Kavala said in a voice as soft as silk.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

The Matoran would soon see a pair of cold eyes dead set in meeting with her own. My eyes were cold, almost dead, with a tint of some strange sort of inner fire: the eyes of a hunter.

Her own eyes were also quite eye-catching (ugh, I hate puns) if you took a good look at them, there was no love in those eyes (not that I'd felt that in a while), they were intense, angry, the proof of something wretched lurking behind the diminuitive figure.

I merely shook my head. She could go ahead and keep guessing all night for what I cared.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Surina

Upon seeing Mar's eyes, Surina could feel a sense of terror grip inside her. It wasn't that she was terrified about the Toa, it was just a strange sensation she couldn't shrug off. It was almost as if Mar's gaze was meant to be a psychological attack, or a warning.

Surina would not comply to threats by strangers.

"Well, aren't you a talkative fellow", she said a bit mockingly. "Doesn't matter though, as long as you know how to do your stuff. It's clear you're up to something morally unquestionable, otherwise you wouldn't be here."

IC: Ardoku

The toa of plasma looked at Torvoth, not in surprise, shock or terror, he just looked at him, with a tired look on his face.

"I don't know, I just want to get some sleep, so if you could please allow me that before further harassment, it would be greatly appreciated."

With those words, Ardoku lied down in his bed and turned, trying to get back to the calm sleep state he had almost achieved moments earlier, but unable to do that after being so rudely interrupted before, he got out of bed.

"Alright, since I can't get sleep, and I suspect you wouldn't let me anyway, how about you come up with something, and I recluctantly go along with it?"

I guess this is what I get for shopping in a shady corner of anywhere...

"Au contraire" I replied, altering my voice to give it just the right dash of smoothness.

"I'm here because I'm preparing to undertake a morally questionable task, a morally unquestionable task would usually mean a good deed, that's far from either of our areas of expertise, I'm going to assume"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I didn't answer, instead, I raised my finger and pointed at a rock by the Ga-Matoran's feet, it took a few seconds, and then the rock broke apart into almost indiscernible fragments, shaken to dust by the concentrated blast of sound I'd just used.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...