BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Hari)

I hadn't been to Onu in a long time, and I regret it a little. Each city is beautiful in its own right, and Onu-Koro's main draw was it's industry. As much as I wanted to admire the sites, drink in the atmosphere of the city of industry I couldn't. I was here because the closest thing I had to a lead on my parents, was some guy around here by the name of Roth. To be honest, I was never skilled in the world of detective work. My job was to be a Po-Koro Sentinel, a figher, a protector, and a rock for people to lean on and yet with all these niggling doubts. All these unresolved issues, I felt unease. I didn't do much, didn't accomplish much of anything, and I started to feel. Like when I was around, nothing ever got accomplished. They were my friends, Skyra, Tillian, Onuzek, and the rest of the our team and yet I just felt like the girl riding their coattails. So maybe it would do good to put some time and space between us. There was still the matter of my parents, and what fate had befallen them. Part of me wanted to believe they were alive, that for some reason they had lived. My friends would call me an optimist, but I didn't feel optimistic about this at all. If they were dead, I wanted to know what or who killed them and why. I wanted a close to this, I wanted to be able to think with one less burden on my mind.

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro)

Ferron continued towards what he thought was going to be his final destination, but once again he found himself cut off from continuing forward by yet another figure crossing his path, one of a height that Ferron not too long ago would've dwarfed in turn like he himself now was. His new height certainly provided a new perspective on things.

"Pardon me, Miss," he muttered apologetically, "didn't mean to get in the way"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

-IC:-

Noxra paused as she began to draw out her cigarrette boxes, friendly eyes becoming slightly unfocused with thought. "I don't believe the rules allow that," she murmured as she replaced them, eyes sad but unaverted. "Perhaps if this goes well, I could modify that, yes?" she smiled in the unassuming, respectfully cordial manner that she had flawless established, still orderly and firm; believable was hardly adequate description. "Now, if I may ask, who are the others in this spiritual trinity?"

pNNgXax.jpg

IC

"Okay."

Lira scrummaged around in her pack before producing another piece of paper, this one carefully folded. She opened it to reveal a sketch of a sunset over Lake Naho, with jungle trees in the foreground, backed by an expanse of clear blue sky. Drawn first in pencil, hints of colour had been carefully added here and there.

"Here. What does this make you feel?"

IC: (Daylaria)

"That would be great!" she said appreciatively. "Oh yes, the others... Well, one is Almanacia, the spirit of a Dark Valkyr entwined with a shard of mine- dark chick. The other is a Turaga criminal whom Ally consumed after he was imprisoned. He and I talked a lot while she had control. He doesn't possess the strength to take over, nor does he wish to."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

The Bank of Onu was a young but prestigious establishment. Founded after the fall of Makuta and the rise in Onu-Koro's high technology industries, certain men and women of business had decided that a more efficient financial system was needed, so as to better invest their capital in other ventures. And while disputes over whether the Bank of Onu was indeed the first of its kind to appear in the village, no one doubted that it was the most well known. Perhaps it was the presence of the village's prefix in its name. Perhaps not.

But arguably, a well-known bank is the worst kind of bank. The attention which it garners isn't always beneficial.

Sometimes it can be quite criminal.

A statue of the great Toa Sulov Maru had been erected in front of the bank, surrounded by a small pool of water; legend said that if someone tossed a widget into it, they would be granted a wish. This was utterly false, but at the very least, the myth had given the local street urchins a convenient source of money. Rirona Lirin remembered plundering that aqueous trove quite a few times.

For that, she felt just a twinge of remorse as she launched a grenade of the pool.

In a burst of yellow and red, the likeness of the village's hero was obliterated, the widgets melted into slag, and the collected water sent spilling onto the streets. The screams of bystanders trickled into the air, before they began to roar in the darkness. Rirona Lirin did not hesitate; she strode through the chaos, straight for the doors of the bank. A smile of glee was on her face.

OOC: The Bank of Onu is being robbed! Heroic characters, that's your cue to help save the day!

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The Onu-Matoran had come to something of a realization.

Whenever he chose to walk the streets of Ga-Koro to think, rather than to patrol, things happened. The first time, he had to deal with seven Toa. The second, he had to try and stave off an assassination. The third, the village was attacked by Rahkshi. Every single time, something happened. This thought, initially, was far from Tarnok's mind, however. His mind was filled with thoughts of souls and Valkyr, one phrase that she had said particularly lingering in his mind. 'Don't give up on heroes. To do so would be to give up on yourself'. Daylaria's words, despite himself, stuck in his head and refused to leave. He wasn't a hero. That wasn't-

BOOM

Thoughts cast aside, the Onu-Matoran broke into a dead run. The response wasn't conscious, it bordered on instinctive; he pinpointed the origin of the sound in seconds, based on his knowledge of the area, and the plume of smoke rising into the dim air. He ducked down a side alley, cutting over into the next street. The shortcut almost instantly brought the Bank into view, and the damaged statue in front of it. Tarnok instantlt felt a shot of anger at the culprit's target, but he pushed it away. The target was no longer visible; this meant they either were unnoticed, further away, or had gone into the bank. Based upon the choice of target, the latter was far more likely.

He drew two knives from his belt, hands finding the handles without a glance. His seax knife and a smaller, lighter knife; the two most trusted items in his arsenal. He contemplated his saperka, but he doubts it would work best in this environment. Darting around rubble and panicked villagers, he all but vaulted up the steps into the bank. He moved through the door quickly, but at an angle, so as to present a smaller target.

His eyes instantly moved to seek the being responsible.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

The first thing that Tarnok saw was smoke.

The foyer of the building had been torn up, floor tiles flung to the far wall, foundations rent. The two guards, a female Skakdi and a male Toa of Earth, had been knocked aside by one of the blasts, most likely the one which had torn the doors from their hinges and sent them skittering across the main body. The smoke, though thick and grey and concentrated near the entranceway, was slowly beginning to melt away into the air, revealing the vague outlines of figures beyond its veil.

The middle of the floor was lined with benches, and on the closest of these to the door stood a tall, beautiful Lesterin armed with a Patero and a psychotic grin. She had already loaded another grenade into the former, and the latter showed no sign of letting up.

"Oy, copper!" she yelled, raising her launcher and firing at the Ussalman.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Analysis of the situation was, in truth, instinctive.

The Onu-Matoran's eyes found the Lesterin moments before she yelled. Even before the yell registered, one very significant aspect did; the Patero launcher aimed in his direction. Damage outside was explosive. Assumption; grenade launcher. Angle of attack places grenade at my feet. The damage that could do didn't need any kind of explanation, nor did he dwell on it; the problem was clear. The solution equally so.

The Lesterin fired-

Tarnok lunged-

The grenade hit-

Showering the Onu-Matoran with shards of stone from its point of explosion, a few meters away. Some of said shards, scorching hot as they were, embedded themselves in his body, bypassing the armor protecting his vital regions. The Onu-Matoran rolled, ignoring the not insignificant complaints of his back, and popped to his knees. Reload required. Lull in assault. 

With a deft, trained movement, he hurled the lighter blade at his adversary, aiming to keep her on the defensive. Standing the rest of the way, he began advancing as swiftly as possible, using any available cover to shield his movements.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: (Ryiu)

So there I was, in the midst of a bank robbery, when all of a sudden I realized I was unarmed. That was my first problem. A piece of hot debris snagged my shoulder, creating a considerable gash. That was my second problem. To solve these I took action, my cane becoming a weapon in trained hands and my natural healing taking care of the wound. I rushed the robber from behind, throwing off my (very expensive :( ) coat and aiming to knock her legs out from under her with a swift strike to the back of the knees.

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Sajis

First thing to do in such a situation was to establish order. The criminal's apprehension was also paramount, but in this case Sajis knew that the matter was being dealt with. Further involvement and the current time would induce greater chaos.

"Civilians, please make your way peacefully out of the bank," she called out, knowing that the criminal would most likely be distracted by those who were in the process of attacking. "The situation will be optimal in good time. Order shall be guaranteed by the Ussalry."

She was terrible at reassuring others, but with the weight of the Ussalry's name behind her, Sajis felt that the chaotic flames of the bank would have no effect on her, their presence no longer bringing her mind back into the past. She was capable of bringing about order. Stability.

The situation would be optimal once again.

It needed to be.

IC:

The knife grazed Rirona's left shoulder as she twisted away from its trajectory.

Ryiu's cane would be more difficult to avoid.

Pain blossomed in her legs as wood impacted on flesh, threatening the stability which had already turned precarious in her efforts to dodge Tarnok's attack. Air hissed between her teeth, and the smug grin which had been growing on her face vanished in the wake of this resistance.

Still, she was far from finished.

Rirora shifted, her left foot now on the bank floor rather than the bench, propping her body up and restoring her stability. She turned her head, her expression barely changing as she saw her new opponent to be an Akrainid (in a suit, no less) before she she tossed her launcher into her left hand and swung it - hard - at her attacker's head.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: (Ryiu)

The Akrainid exercised his greater strength against her leverage and intensity. Swinging up the handle-end of his cane, he hooked it around the attacker's Patero launcher and yanked, hoping to pull the weapon out of her hand. If this did not happen, he hoped to pull her into his waiting fist for a knock-out blow.

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Kapuru

"This is too perfect." Kapuru thought to himself as he walked out of the Ussalry headquarters.

Almost instantly after Kapuru joined the Ussalry, he heard a large explosion at the bank. He ran straight towards the chaos, eager to join in on the fight. He fired up his melee laser while he sprinted across the village.

A surge of adrenaline surges through Kapuru as he looked at the broken building. Seeing a familiar mask, he ran up to Sajis.

"Fancy seeing you here," Kapuru joked. Realizing she was not the joking type, he quickly changed his tone.

"What's going on? Who did this?"

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

IC:

It was a life-or-limb scenario for Rirona, and she wasn't liking it one bit.

The Akrainid had given her two options; she could abandon her launcher and be reduced to chucking grenades by hand for the duration of the fight, severely limiting her range; or she could hang on and allow herself to be pulled into the oh-so-welcoming fist of her opponent. All of this information flickered through her mind in the split-second she had to determine her next course of action; life on the streets of Onu-Koro had taught her to think on her feet. A fight for your life was no time to hesitate.

So she didn't.

Cursing Ryiu as she did so, she let go of her launcher, pushing off with her left leg until she was firmly back on top of the bench. She promptly back peddled away from the Akrainid, leaping down onto the other side of the platform. She was out of the civilian's reach, but she had also lost her high ground against the Ussalmatoran now trickling into the bank. Quickly and without hesitation, Rirona grabbed a grenade, twisting the seal and hurling it at Tarnok, the knife-thower. Snatching another, she lobbed it at Sajis and Kapuru, the guardians.

Rirona was rapidly running out of explosives.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The instant that the Akrainid had taken Rirona's attention away, Tarnok had shifted into high gear. The need for cover no longer existent, he had broken into a run directly towards his target, drawing a replacement knife from his belt. The Lesterin's aim wasn't nearly as concerning this time; affected by both desperation and the Onu-Matoran's own rapid pace, he was largely outside of the grenade's explosive radius when it detonated, though smaller pieces of shrapnel once again impacted against his back.

They stung, but they weren't life-threatening. That said, he would want to get someone to take a look, once this was over.

On the positive side, he was now a little too close for Rirona to comfortably keep lobbing grenades at him. Knives in hand, he continued to advance, though he slowed down slightly. When he spoke up, his voice was calm and controlled, but with an edge of steel.

"Surrender. If you do, maybe you'll get to see the outside of a cell sometimes before you die. You have no chances of victory here. Three officers on scene already, more likely on the way."

"Do the smart thing. Though regrettably, people like you tend not to."

fK5oqYf.jpg