BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Nunonu

"Good to meet you, Casanuva. I'm Nunonu." He said as he glanced over his shoulder.

After a couple minutes of walking Nunonu stopped at a hut that had a empty box out front with a sign reading

'Will attempt repair on drills and other equipment, pay only if fixed.'

"Here we are." Unlocking the door, Nunonu entered the house, which was quite cluttered with bits and pieces of all sorts of equipment about everywhere one would look.

• Upvote 1

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

IC: As soon as Casanuva stepped inside, a single thought permeated his conciousness.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerd.

He figured he has to do something. His duty must surely be to rescue this poor matoran from his dreary life.

"You live her- I mean, er, nice place, all things considered. You need to pick up any gear?"

The times, they are a-changing...

Nunonu looked down at the drill he was carrying, investigating what could have been wrong with it.

It looks fine...Hm...

Checking the power supply he sighed and shook his head. "Uh, no gear, just give me a moment....this drill is fine, just dead on power." 

Moving swiftly throughout his hut Nunonu navigated the chaos as only the creator of it could. Before long he had plucked a spare drill power supply from somewhere in the hut and clicked it into the drill, he gave it a quick test and was satisfied when it spun up fully functional, that feeling left fairly quickly however as he began to second guess himself. "Hopefully that's all that was wrong." He said, unsure of himself.

Slinging the drill across his shoulder he turned back to the Toa "That was an easier fix then normal, although not the first time it's happened." 

As if it took the statement as a challenge, the drill suddenly spun a bit and puffed a few sparks. "Ow! ow." Nunonu exclaimed before setting the drill against the wall. "Uh..I'll fix that later." He hung his head for a second. "Wasn't supposed to be back today anyway, I've got time." 

"Now about that trip to the mine. We can head out now if you're ready." Nunonu said, avoiding eye contact and feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

Nunonu exited the hut and began walking to the mines.

"That's me. Lots of things to fix down here, no offense to our miners but...they break stuff a lot." He said as he got a foul look from a random Onu-Matoran. Shrugging towards him he continued walking.

"So, what do you find yourself doing on a daily basis? What's the play by play for a Toa of.." He drifted off, thinking of what the Toa had said earlier to no avail.

IC: Casanuva let Nunonu lead the way.

"I'm a Toa of Magnetism." He leaned down and cupped a hand around his mouth.

"And between you and me, I think's its the best element there is." Casanuva leaned back up. "Well, except maybe gravity. You can do some craaazy stuff with gravity"

"Anyway, I'm actually new to here. 'Here' being this whole island. I don't remember much past a few weeks ago, besides knowing a lot about physics. I woke up in a pod and crashed on a rock at sea. I spent a couple weeks huddled up a few kios away from here. After convincing myself I wasn't a crazy person, I managed to levitate myself to the mainland using the last of my power, where I came inside to avoid the rain. I met a courier on his way to Onu-Koro. He told me where I was, where he was going, and offered a map of the island and some pocket change if I was his guard to the koro. And, here I am now."

"Once I get charged up, I'd like to see a bit more of this island. I hear this village, Ga-Koro, is full of women! How can you beat that?"

Nunonu raised an eyebrow when Casanuva said magnetism.

I wonder if any of his residual energy caused that drill to spark out He dismissed the thought as he realized the Toa was still talking.[/i]

"How can you beat that?"

"Ah, well uh. Not sure how." 

Nunonu was approaching the entrance to the mine when a Onu-Matoran, a supervisor of one of the mines from the looks of it, approached.

(OOC: Purple is NPC)

"Hey! You!" The approaching Matoran said.

"Huh-Oh, great." Nunonu said, recognizing him as his supervisor. "Is there something you needed, sir?"

"Yeah, you need to stop 'repairing' our drills, if you could call it that." He said with a snarky tone. "What?"

"You heard me. The drill you brought in earlier just melted down and almost took a Matoran with it!" "No! But, what? How?" Nunonu said, distraught at the idea of causing harm to another matoran.

"I..understand, I just need to help this friend of mine and I'll be on my way."

The supervisor looked up at Casanuva. "Be careful, this guy is like a trouble magnet." He said before walking away, already on a beeline towards another Matoran who appeared to be slacking

Nunonu had already continued into the mine, unsure what he would do next. 

Okay Nunonu, calm down. Think it out like a inventor would. 

I won't be able to do repairs here for the townsfolk for a while, A repairman who can't repair is no good to anyone.

That leaves a few options, I could look for other work here, but that might not end well given the current situation, or maybe I could go and offer my services elsewhere... He turned to see if Casanuva was following. "Come on, the ore you're looking for is down this shaft." He said in his general direction.

Maybe this Toa will let me tag along with him. He seems nice enough.

IC: "Well, isn't someone a ray of sunshine," mumbled Casanuva as the foreman waddled away. "Though I guess it's hard to have a sunny disposition down here."

Casanuva leaned over and grabbed a pickaxe and lightstone that a miner had set down.

"I'll be able to sense it when I get nearby. If you have a compass, it should set that off, too."

OOC: I gotta head off for the night, and for most of tomorrow I will be busy. I'll try to be on for a bit tomorrow afternoon, but no promises. It was fun!

Nunonu let Casanuva lead the way, knowing that he'd probably find it before him.

"It's..not that big a deal, all things considered."

OOC: No problem, I had fun!

IC: The mine tunnel declined steeply, eventually widening. The rough walls indicated that it was just a reinforced natural cave; the only ambient light came from the scattered biolumenescent ferns. The toa and matoran came to a fork in the tunnel.

Casanuva felt out with his magnetism sense. Something in the left route gave him some tingling. "This way. I feel something down there."

The cave was silent except for the footsteps of the two, and dripping water echoing.

Casanuva slowed to a stop, holding up his hand. "Hear that?" There was a faint scurrying sound.

"You get any rahi down here?"

Continuing to follow the Toa, Nunonu scratched his head. "I didn't hear anything."

"You get any rahi down here?"

"Some, mostly Ussals or Fikou, although the occasional stumble into a Kofo-Jaga isn't unheard of." He looked around the cave awkwardly.

"So, uh, I was wondering if you would mind me coming along wherever you decide to head next from here." 

"If it's not too much trouble."

IC: (Silo)

Silo slowed as footsteps approached, the mauler-rahi squirming in his grip, scrabbling against the wall.

His first assignment in the new business was the assassination of a toa called Casanuva.

As usual, he hadn't received much information on who his employers were, let alone  their motives.

But it wasn't his job to ask questions. No...it was his job to kill people.

All that they had told him was that this toa had been somewhat...difficult before coming to the island but also that he was an amnesiac due to to  a canister malfunction.

So he would be blissfully unaware of the situation.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: "If it's not too much trouble."

Casanuva beamed. He had hoped for something like this.

"Hmmm... I suppose so. Have you been around the island?"

OOC: Silo, this is fine, but I'm just telling you that I have about an hour left before I have to leave for most of the night. Also, since we're fairly deep in the mines, you would have to come in after Casanuva has recharged. Hardly a fair fight otherwise :P

"Can't say I have. Farthest I've been is the down the cave leading to Po-Wahi on a delivery." 

He sighed in relief at the positive response, having been fearing a no.

IC: (Silo)

Silo sensed a vibration in the earth underneath him and he realized what was happening a fraction of a second too late...

A massive boulder crashed down from the ceiling blocking the way to the tunnel where the footsteps had come from, knocking him to the ground.

He screamed with rage - now it would take hours to get to that tunnel network again, by which time it might be too late...

OOC: convenient, eh :D  

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: "Then we'll see the island together! The treetops of Le-Koro, the ash forest of Ta-Wahi, delicious fish (and babes) of Naho Bay..."

Casanuva suddenly stopped, and turned on his heel.

"Here!" he exclaimed, taking a step towards the wall. Casanuva took out a handful of ball bearings from the bag on his belt, and tossed them at the wall, where they stuck.

"Geniune lodestone. Lucky me, it's more common in volcanic regions such as Mata Nui."

Casanuva unbuckled his sword belt and pack, and left them on the floor. He handed the pickaxe he had pilfered to Nunonu. "Hold this for me. This might be a while."

With that, the blue and gunmetal toa touched the dark vein in the rock with both hands. Then, he picked himself up off the ground, and swung so that he was sitting , his back parallel witht the ground.

OOC: Yes, convenient!

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

Nunonu rolled his eyes at the Naho Bay comment.

"Hold this for me. This might be a while."

Nunonu took the pickaxe and leaned it on a wall. "Hold on, I just felt something.." Nunonu put his ear to the ground for a couple seconds before getting up and looking at Casanuva "I think something just collapsed, but It won't affect us, so don't worry."

"Sounds like the opener of a joke." He said, rummaging through his backpack to pass the time. 

Not finding anything of interest or help, he leaned up against the wall with his elbow propped on the pickaxe.

IC: Several hours past. They are uneventful, except for the occasional tremor from above.

"Well, that just about does it."

Casanuva stood, still parallel on the wall. He yawned, then stepped on the ground.

"Good news: I reached out. This vein is pretty large, but this whole island has some traces of something magnetic. I should be able to follow the field to large deposits; I should be able to find them anyplace there are large rocky areas."

The toa buckled on his sword belt, and slipped on his pack. He opened the bag of ball bearings, and the handful he had thrown earlier floated back into the bag before he drew the drawstring.

"You have any tools you need to take? I think Le-Wahi might be the best place to go next. There's a nice big highway I saw on my way in."

OOC: I have about a half-hour left before I leave until late tonight.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

"I've got everything I should need already." He said, gesturing to his bag

"Le-Wahi sounds fine to me." Nunonu replied, heading out back the way they came in.

Stopping a few feet ahead he looked back at Casanuva "All ready?"

OOC: Got it.

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui

"Word travels quick down here, another repairman can handle it while I'm gone and things cool off." Nunonu said, following Casanuva up the incline.

"Not a lot of people came by my house for that reason anyway, the sign was just a courtesy in case they did."

OOC: To Le-Wahi

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui

Silo stepped out into the pulsating light of Onu-Koro.

It had been an infuriating journey - when he had finally reached network 14, there was no sign of the toa.

That meant that he must have either come back to Onu-Koro, possibly travelling to another wahi afterwards.

He stared down at an onu-matoran busily ignoring him.

"Have you seen a toa pass through this way within the last hour or so?"

The worker looked up, as if seeing him for the first time. 

"I am afraid that I am not allowed to disclose any information about - AAAHRG"

In a blur of speed, the ba-toa had picked the earth villager up by the neck, bringing him up to eye level.

Silo didn't need to say anything. His cyclops stare was menacing enough.

The matoran said very carefully:

"Yeah, heading for the Le-Koro highway."

"Predictable"  uttered the bounty-hunter, although he had neither predicted which wahi the toa might travel nor what his motives were for doing so. But it never did to admit things like that.

After "negotiating" some previsions from a nearby trader, Silo started to head for Le-Wahi.

OOC:to Le-Wahi

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: (Damek)

"And you say this Toa of gravity threatened you for information?" asked the Ussalryman, voice chasmic and serene. His deep tones helped to calm the worker.

"Y-yes," stammered the Onu-Matoran in reply, "I believe he's heading for Le-Koro. Following someone."

"Don't worry, my friend, he will be brought to justice." Damek, determined as ever, climbed back onto Sull, his Ussal, and with a nod of assurance to the worker, took off after Silo.

OOC: To Le-Koro.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

He closed her eyes.

That was the least he could do, and now, it was the most he could do. He'd tried to talk her down, give her a chance. In the end, he'd given her too many. Or perhaps too few. Impossible to know, now, but the result was the same; she was dead, and would never have another. If there was any good in the world, she was in a better place. If there was any good, the Great Spirit would judge her fairly. He himself could not, for despite her actions, he found it impossible to maintain any real malice for her.

Perhaps that was for the best. It was not good to speak ill of the dead.

The world was swimming as the Onu-Matoran bent down once more, ignoring the pain shooting through his body at the movement- any movement- and picked up the late Lesterin's grenade belts. Maybe he'd get reprimanded for taking them, but frankly, he couldn't find it in himself to care. It was difficult to find it in himself to care about anything, really. About his job. His Duty. Himself. He had arrived on the scene out of a sense of duty, but it had lead to death. It always seemed to. Success or failure, the end result always seemed to be the same. Someone perished, someone suffered. Was it his fault? Most likely not. Could he stop it? Was that within the scope of his abilities, did he have it in him to do enough?

No. That always seemed to be the answer, too. It was never enough. Nothing ever was. He hadn't done enough to prevent Kol's loss. He hadn't done enough to prevent Sulov's exile. He hadn't done enough to oust Kyju, enough to protect Whenua, enough to stop the Rahkshi... Enough to keep Leli safe. It was never enough, and someone else always had to pick up the slack. For all of his efforts, all of his suffering, everything he had given, it wasn’t enough. Why wasn’t it enough?

“Sir, you need to stop moving.” The voice rang through clearly, and yet, hazily at the same time. An inherent contradiction, but somehow true. The speaker’s face appeared in his vision, not there one second and present the next, and his attire clearly marked him as a medic. “Sir, please. Just stay still. We’ll get you to the hospital.”

“I’m fine.” The Onu-Matoran responded, wondering why his voice sounded so strained. “Attend to the others. I’ll get to the hospital myself.”

Wasn’t enough. Never was. Never is. Is? Was?

“Sir, sit down.” The voice was annoying, the Onu-Matoran decided. He would be fine. He just needed to go to the hospital, get some stitches, and he would be fine. That, at least, he knew was enough. A few stitches, and he would go to his home to rest. Perhaps he would read. He hadn’t done that in quite some time. Or maybe patrol? The village would need it, after this attack. Violence incited more violence.

“Sir, I am ordering you to sit. down. Just stay there, we’ll get you to the hospital.” The voice was a little fuzzier this time, but still annoying. Ignoring it, the Onu-Matoran took a few steps towards the door. He was moving slowly- probably so as to be careful with his injury- but nothing seemed wrong. It didn’t even hurt anymore, it was probably just a scratch.

No need to bother the hospital, then. They had enough to worry about after this. Onepu had been hurt, too. Worse. Would need more medical attention. No need to divert resources better suited for more important people. He had bandages enough at home.

Why was it never enough? The Onu-Matoran wondered again, as he took another step towards the exit. Why did he try so hard, but never did enough? Never accomplished enough? Sulov accomplished enough. He had a purpose, a mission, and he fulfilled it. Did enough. Was still doing enough. Kol did enough, made a choice he believed would do enough. Leli did- No. Commander Leli. Major? Which was it again? Didn’t matter. Commander did enough, and the Ussalry knew it. That was why she was a Commander. Why Gavarm was Commander. They got their missions done, didn’t fail.

“Sir, for Mata Nui’s sake, stop!” The voice was clear again, sounded panicked. Scared. The Onu-Matoran wasn’t sure why. He was fine. Felt a hand on his shoulder, medic’s hand, trying to keep him from moving. Brushed hand away, took another step. He was moving slower. Probably tired.

Don’t give up on heroes…

Hadn’t given up on heroes. Heroes were real. They did enough, they got the job done. They protected the innocent. They wouldn’t have let her die. Would have gotten through. Done enough. He took another step, dimly realizing that there was red. Medic was moving. Medic was red. That was strange.

... Tarnok. To do so would be to give up on yourself.

The world needs more people like you, Tarnok.

He wasn’t sure why they said that. He wasn’t a hero. Never was. Was relic, relic failed to change. Couldn’t keep up with the times. Couldn’t do enough. … He wasnted to be a hero, didn’t he? Wasn’t that what he wanted? Heroes did enough. He wanted to do enough. Get job done. Protect. Couldn’t do enough, not for Seventh, not for Kol, not for Uyism, not for Komisk, not for Whenua, not for Whorok. Not for Leli. Not for Ussalry. … But Sulov didn’t do enough. Didn’t do enough at Mine. Not with Kol. Didn’t heroes do enough?

Tarnok!

The gravity was shifting. Ba-Toa. Robber had accomplice. He needed to fight again. Needed to do enough. But the gravity was still shifting, and he was tired. So tired. Needed to fight. Friends were injured. Couldn’t fight. He needed to fight. Stop Toa. The gravity righted, he stopped falling. Pivoted on the spot, but he was moving so slowly. Too slowly. Could see medic. Couldn’t see Ba-Toa. Didn’t the medic know about the Toa? Needed weapon, needed knife. Saperka. Sword. … Fists.

Gravity shifted again. Couldn’t stop this time. Fell, falling, would fall? Fall stopped, hit something. Not ground. … Medic. So tired. Needed to fight. Gravity winning.

“Karzahni. Man down, get me a stretcher, for Mata Nui’s sake! Have to get him…”

Why wasn’t it enough?

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

In his lifetime, Silo had learnt a lot of secrets, gained a lot of power and amassed  a lot of widgets, but most of all, he had been in a lot of cells.

This one was nothing special.

After his stay in the hospital (in which he was treated as a prisoner anyway) he had been brought to the onu-koro guardhouse and put in a cell.

He was unaware if the Mata-Nuians* had been introduced to the idea of trails and judges but "attempted murder" was not a charge he was likely to get out of with "I was feeling a bit down cos my pet stone-rat died today" anyway.

He assessed the cell.

It was a small four-sided room with three stone walls and a stone floor. It was bare except for a low bed and a small stool. Where the fourth stone wall would have been was a wall made of vertical iron bars about two inches apart from each other. It had a sliding door set into it made of the same bars. The door was locked with a heavy padlock and two combination locks.

The wall made of bars looked out into a corridor. Along the opposite side of the corridor and all along his side of the corridor were identical cells, shrouded in darkness.

As he neared that wall, he could make out a slight shimmer in the air, like distortions in the atmosphere on a hot day and could hear a faint humming sound.

Ah. So they did have that technology at least. It was an elemental inhibitor field: all elemental powers stayed inside the field as long as he was this side of the field meaning that although he could manage to crush his bed, he would not, unfortunately, be able to crush his guards.

A sound made him look up. Although it was dark, he thought he could see movement in the cell opposite.

"anyone there?" the ba-toa asked into the darkness...

OOC: * I have no idea if that is the correct term but oh well  :D

Edited by Silo

Kathok

"No one's there."

Damek had appeared from seemingly nowhere, standing just outside the cell with his hands behind his back.

"We've isolated you for questioning."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Damek's lips tightened, but his countenance was overall affable. His was however, visibly displeased with Silo's answer. He placed his hands together, steepled fingers set to his chin. He need not flash his teeth, for his stare bore fangs of its own. And yet he spoke with the voice of a friend, calmly but firmly as if reconciling a child.

"I don't believe that. No, I don't believe that at all."

He withdrew from the bars a bit, having been inches from them and now a few feet back. From his coat he drew a thin blade, shaped akin to a needle, but the size of a small sword. The hilt was embedded with green gems which possessed an emerald glow. The tip of the blade was terrifyingly pointed, and it was evident that the weapon had seen combat.

"Do you know what this is?" A moment of silence gave Silo a chance to think. "Beyond the obvious, of course. This blade was forged in the heart of a Ko-Koroan mountain. At the Le-Koroan Hive Battle, it slew thirty-seven Nui Rama. When Rahkshi rose from the depths to attack Onu-Koro, it tore threw their lines in the defense of its city. All this while resting in the palm of my hand. So, before it once again meets the flesh of my enemy, tell me who your employer is, and where I can find him.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Silo smiled icily.

"Ah, every little hero has there dark side, I learnt that a long time ago. However, come this side of the field and you will be a stain on the floor. I am more afraid of my employers than I am afraid of you, little onu-matoran, so put your toy down and we can talk about this sensibly."

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: The Phantom

"Consider yourself lucky," the Toa of Sonics said to the new prisoner on the cell block, peering as best he could through the bars of his cell. "At least people question you. I'm still waiting."

IC: Onepu

A dull throb pulsed where his eye was. It almost felt like he had a second heart in his face. That was a funny thought. Not a fun mental image, however. He wasn't totally sure he looked any better than it.

His undamaged eye opened slowly, capturing the image of a white ceiling. The hospital. How long had it been since he'd last been there? Long enough ago that he'd bragged about it recently. A cloud of grogginess had settled over him. Anethesia, he figured. The most important always got the most attention, of course. That was what kept things running. He didn't feel he'd deserved it this time.

His mouth slowly opened. It felt like it was made of mud. This was why he hated medicine. "Mmmedic," he said slowly.

A curtain moved, revealing what he assumed was the Matoran he had just called. "Sir."

"Sajis and Tarnok. How are they?" 

"Sajis is doing well. She was the least injured in the exchange, and should be ready to return to work after her wounds close."

"Tarnok?"

The medic chewed his lip. "He... is not himself. He hasn't woken up yet, but he seems to have suffered psychological trauma. His wounds were not as bad as yours, sir, but he will need time to recover."

His gaze returned to the ceiling. He exhaled slowly, mulling this over. Tarnok wasn't as badly injured as he was. That was... good, arguably. It had been Onepu's miscalculation that had injured him, so it felt right. Others might argue, but that was how he saw it. 

"What about my eye?" he said at length.

"It's undamaged," the medic sighed, sounding relieved. "The shrapnel missed the eye itself. Extracting it was difficult... and dangerous, but it's done."

Onepu nodded. "Alright. Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. Gavarm, Leli and Noxra remain in charge while I'm out of commission." He closed his eye and tried to get some rest. "Let them know they're free to consult me if they need anything."

"But sir..."

"Wake me up if I'm asleep."

"Sir..."

"I insist," he said calmly. "I'm not so badly damaged that I can't talk. I failed in my duty once, I need to make up for it."

The medic sighed, knowing both how proud and how stubborn the Captain could be and left.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Uyism

It was an interesting reversal.

Uyism sat at the head of her friend's bed, dispassionately watching the unconscious Matoran before her. She had only just heard of Tarnok's actions in foiling the bank robbery, but it did not stop her from immediately making her way to the hospital. He was a valuable compatriot to her, and had watched over her constantly during the period in which she had been comatose.

She would offer him the same companionship.

The Onu-Matoran shrugged, sliding the blade back into its sheath. "Alas, the blade has long since lost its edge," he condeded, a mischievous grin appearing on his face. He put his hands behind his back. "I would advise against fearing your masters more than myself. If your pathetic display of combat ability is any sign of your master's, I will single-handedly take them down. And if I don't, my squadron will rip them to bits, burn the bits to ashes, and scatter the ashes across the sands of this island."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"I'm not dead yet." 

The dry remark, uncharacteristically humorous (if darkly so) for the Matoran floated out quietly. Well, perhaps it wasn't uncharacteristic; he could remember a time he used to joke, make such pithy remarks. It had been a while. When had that changed? Shaking such thoughts away, the Onu-Matoran's eyes slowly opened, swiveling to fix on the Iroiit.

"Hello, Uyism."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The Onu-Matoran shrugged, sliding the blade back into its sheath. "Alas, the blade has long since lost its edge," he condeded, a mischievous grin appearing on his face. He put his hands behind his back. "I would advise against fearing your masters more than myself. If your pathetic display of combat ability is any sign of your master's, I will single-handedly take them down. And if I don't, my squadron will rip them to bits, burn the bits to ashes, and scatter the ashes across the sands of this island."

IC: (Silo)

Silo tilted his head, as if assessing Damek's weaknesses.

"They are not my masters, they are my current employers. I answer to no-one, they are simply the people with 5000 widgets. I don't care what happens to them, but...if they find that I'v failed, well...let's just say, they have worse punishments than little swords"

He tilted his head the other way.

"I can lead you to them Damek...how about that? It would do you and your squad good to run around a bit on those stubby little legs of yours in the fresh air"

He flashed another cold smile, but his functioning eye stayed expressionless.

Edited by Silo

Kathok