BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Kirgan wrote down all the required information. He wondered what it would be like to compete in an Ussal race. He used to watch many races long ago, but it had been a long while since a similar event had last been arranged.

"Here you go", Kirgan said cheerfully, handing the registration form back to the Ussalry Matoran.

IC: Phantom

"I do not understand."

NPC: Ussalry HQ

The Huna-wearing Onu-Matoran Kirgan addressed was momentarily confused by his directness, at first thinking he wanted to join the Ussalry, then remembered the upcoming event. "Oh, the Ussal crab race! Well, the crabs can be acquired at the stable at the north end of town. Here," he shuffled through some papers and handed one to him. "Fill this out- it's all basic information- and then everything should be in order."

IC: (Silo)

"Oh, never mind. The point is, we're getting out of here, and your coming with us. The race will be starting fairly soon, and according to Ran-Away-Dan over there, most of the guards won't be here then. Then is our chance. If another opportunity makes itself available earlier, we shall take it."

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: (Damek)

Unfortunately for the prisoners, Damek wasn't really into racing, and would remain on watch in the prison.

It was at about this time that he walked in on their conversation. "Alright, it's time to put you all to work." In his left hand, he hefted a pickaxe. "Who here knows anything about mining?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"Then again, as I remember, it was you and I most of the time back then anyway." Tarnok observed, continuing the route towards his hut. He wasn't feeling quite stable on his feet, but he definitely felt better than before. "... I don't suppose you're going to let me go anywhere but my hut."

IC: Uyism

Uyism shook her head. "No. Some rest needed."

IC:

"I expected that." The Onu-Matoran replied, resigned to his fate. He hated medical leave, it cut down on training time. And patrol time. Besides, village attacks always seemed to occur whenever he was just coming back from a leave of absence. "Been a while since I spent much time there. Not a good time for it, either; both Heavy and Light are gone."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Hope you're right. Feels wrong for our forces to be so thin." He paused, glancing at the armor in the box he was carrying. "... I don't suppose we could at least go to drop this off for repairs?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Special delivery!

IC: Priicu - Carrier Rahi from Ko-Wahi

A small winged Rahi drifted down from the sky, landing outside the tunnels, near the Ussal cab. It raised its leg, a small paper message attached to it. "To Akiri or Guard" was written on the outside.

The writing on it was quick and sloppy, evidently written in a hurry. 

Ko-Koro under attack. I do not know who our assailants are, but they are ruthless and powerful. They have Toa, Skakdi and Vortixx attacking civilians. A tower of the citadel has been destroyed by an explosion of their design.

The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An' has joined the attack, though whether the initial attackers are working with them is unknown.

Mata nui help us all.

Priicu

A second note was slipped inside it. "To Demos of the Wise Man's Archive" written on its side.

I hope this message reaches you, my associate. I have failed to dig up any information on this Brotherhood, and am now sorely regretting that fact. I am safe for the time being, but this may well be the last you hear from me, should things take a turn for the worst. 

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Syvra from ga-wahi

IC: Syvra

Syvra had journeyed from ga-koro to one of the entrances to the tunnels of Onu-wahi. Several side-stops had been made along the way, such as a meeting with Echelon where he shared the results of the task he was given* and where had had received a vial of antidermis he now carried with him,. And from there he made his way to the heart of Onu-wahi, Onu-koro. He had a mission, something he had delayed for too long already. He first went to the ussalry, asking for Onepu only to discover he was in the hospital. When asked if another member of the ussalry would suffice, he shook his head, Afterall it was Onepu who had listen to him when he first came to the ussalry and he expected he would listen to him again. 

As he arrived at the hospital, he stumbled over the opening, still not yet used to the replacement foot that had been given to him after he had to cut off his own left foot or risk drowning. He walked up to the front desk and asked for Onepu, only to be told that he would have to provide a name and wait for Onepu's permission to continue. A low sigh escaped his lips as he gave his name and waited, impatiently.

OOC: *Took place during the timeskip after the piraka getting into the vault. Also that's your cue Mj.Spoilers

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Onepu

The Captain of the Ussalry almost limped right past Syvra, chewing his lip as he pored over the note that had been carried to him. The Toa's conspicuous appearance, however, caught his eye. "Syvra," he said neutrally, a mixture of relief, wariness and apprehension cancelling each other out. "Just the man I hoped I would never be glad to see." A small smile found its way to his lips.

BZPRPG Profiles

Syvra turned to look down at Onepu, and a hand came to rest on his chest as if offended

"Well... now I am just hurt. See if I ever try to help again." 

He brought a hand to act as a blocker on the side of his mask as he looked the other way, before quickly turning back to onepu with a smirk

"If I didn't know better, I would say that note in your hands is causing you a bit of hesitation, or perhaps worry... maybe even both. However perhaps I can offer you something to cheer you up. Got time to speak in private?"

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Syvra let out a soft 'hmm' at Onepu's statement

"That is interesting to hear, and somewhat surprising. However none the less, as i am sure you remember, I came to the ussalry a little while ago, asking where the trail had left off in regards to the brotherhood, only to discover you lost track of them in Po-wahi. Well I decided to do a bit of investigating myself and it turns out, that after the disappearance of the toa mata, the brotherhood had a base in Po-wahi, where they directed attacks against po-koro and ga-koro. However through a combined attack by Po-koro and ga-koro forced they were supposedly destroyed, only to flee to the dark mine. However believing they may have returned to their fort in Po-wahi, I elicited the help of a toa wearing an iden, giving him a rough location to check, and long behold, there they were in the fort known as blackrock. I debated on bringing this to the po-koro government's attention first but i figured they would be unlikely to believe me, where as the ussalry has a history, though short, with me. So now I ask you Onepu, what do you do with the information I have given?"

He merely looked down at the Matoran awaiting his response with semi-eager curiosity. Onepu likely knew that syvra craved the destruction of the brotherhood and wished to see them brought to their knees, for alas you don't torture someone and get away with it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He had begun walking towards the Ussalry HQ as Syvra spoke. When he finished, he leaned against its outer wall, head bowed. "I'm sorry, Syvra... I don't have any troops to spare. Everyone is busy, save the essential forces necessary to protect the village." His eyes narrowed. "But there is... another factor. Somebody I was meaning to speak with." He smiled humorlessly and shook his head. "I have no idea where this will lead, but it may be worth taking a look."

He beckoned him to follow and headed around, towards the prison.

BZPRPG Profiles

Syvra shook his head

"I do not expect you to risk your village's safety, though I also do not expect you to allow this information to just stay unused... Depending on what your leading me to, I may have a proposition for you."

And with that he followed Onepu, though admitingly he received some odd looks as he walked with onepu, leader of the ussalry into the prison. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"What I would propose is form a small tactical strike force. With the proper plan we could catch the brotherhood off guard and hopefully destroy them at the source. So instead of a full-scale attack, a small silent attack. However I am intrigued to see what exactly this visit is. And afterall even if nothing comes from it you can say you tried."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He nodded grimly and led the Toa through the building, stopping briefly to get information on one of the prisoners from one of the guards. The trek led them to a cell containing a de-masked Toa of Sonics, near whom the Ussalman Damek stood. "Damek," Onepu said in greeting, followed by an "At ease" when he saluted. "I need to talk to this prisoner."

The Toa of Sonics stared impassively from within, not offering any acknowledgment of the Captain's presence beyond eye contact. "I've got a message for you," he said, holding out the paper he had been holding.

The Toa slowly got up and took it warily. A change came over him as he read it, his posture changing and the look in his eyes softening. He looked up at Onepu when he finished. "What's happening? There's more to this, isn't there? What does Ak'Rei'An have to do with this?"

"They're attacking Ko-Koro."

"What."

"I was hoping you could tell me more."

"I... I wish I could. Priicu was my trusted associate... If he's in danger, I want to help..." He chewed his lip.

Onepu sighed and turned away. "That's what I was afraid of. Syvra--"

"Demos can't," the Toa said. His voice sounded deeper all of a sudden. "But I could."

Onepu turned back around, eyebrow raised. 

"You must have heard," he continued. "There's two of me in here. The high-class coward Demos, and me. I can do what he can't."

"I have no reason to trust you," Onepu said levelly. "I don't even know if there really are two of you, or just one clever actor. All I know is you've killed for a long time."

"And can continue to do so," he said. "This Brotherhood has been a thorn in your side for a long time. I will help you if it will help my sentence."

Onepu's eyes narrowed. "You would be carefully watched. And you would not be given a mask that will allow you to escape."

"I don't want to escape. All I want is to kill. What better way to kill is there, than to do it legally?" he asked with a smile that made Onepu's stomach churn. "Both of me want in on this. This is the one thing you can trust us on."

"Onu-Koro doesn't deal with assassins. You're in that cell until you've served your sentence, or until your personality- if that is what you are- is terminated."

The Toa grit his teeth and stormed away from the bars.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," Onepu said to Syvra, turning away. "Let's return to the HQ."

OOC: If Syvra thinks he could work with Phantom, have him object and try and convince Onepu. Otherwise, carry on. I can see it being a fun partnership, but there's no way Onepu would accept without some thorough convincing.

BZPRPG Profiles

Syvra held a hand up to Onepu, motioning for him to hold up

"What if I were to offer to watch him? Also offer a fail-safe of sorts. I work in poisons, and I have a specially crafted one that.." he looks over at Phantom considering him before continuing "That has the potential to kill slowly, if a antidote is not given. We could inject him with the poison, and then even if he tries to escape he will only meet slow death. Even if he managed to find another toa of plantlife who specializes in plant-based poisons, he would have to be able to describe the details of the poison to receive a proper antidote. Afterall one wrong antidote could potentially make it worse or speed up the process. This way the ussalry does not have to worry about him accidentally being released upon the world."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC 

He writes, as he always does, alone. Quill in hand and glass of amber drink at elbow, he scrawls a thin, spidery script across delicate parchment, marking secrets in his native tongue.

Darkness falls upon the City of the Hand

Ashes taint the pure and driven snow

A shadow casts itself upon the land

And snuffs out, like a candle, every hope

Every now and again, his fingers leave the glass and clasp another, one bound loosely at his throat. His only adornment, it is worth far more than poetry.

• Upvote 1

That offer was tempting, and he didn't see a downside to it, save for his uncertainty of Syvra's allegiances beyond his will to stop the Brotherhood. He would have to trust that.

Slowly he nodded. "I can't leave him in your hands alone, but... you offer a good alternative." He looked at the cell door. "Are these conditions acceptable?"

The voice that responded sounded none too happy. "Yes."

BZPRPG Profiles

The Bounty-Hunter had been watching the exchange between Phantom and Onepu. Now he cut in from his cell opposite the assassin:

"The Brotherhood...I've been meaning to do something about them...there haven't been a lot of requests for their members deaths, but I see this as one. All I ask in return for my excellent services is my freedom - after all, it was only attempted murder. And as for if you can trust me or not, because you probably think of me as a highly evil person, let me tell you this: I don't care who I kill for, as long as I get my payment - my freedom - and as Phant here said, I might as well be doing it for the law.

I have had a lot of experience, and if you really must, you can "keep an eye on me" too, but I promise you I am a highly moral person when it comes to promises."

The Ba-Toa grinned.

OOC: I thought I'd have a go at trying to get some action, just cos Silo is dying of boredom in here :P

Edited by Silo

Kathok

Syvra nodded to Onepu

"Well I wouldn't expect you to leave him in my hands alone anyway, just wouldn't make sense, afterall you really barely know me aside from the times I have managed to help the ussalry."

However when the other toa in these cells spoke up, he turned to consider them, shaking his head faintly

"You I am not so sure about, and can't say I feel confident in keeping an eye on two wanted criminals."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"You'll find that my expertise will come in handy. Besides, I either work with you to hunt down these madmen, whose threat is very immediate and serious or I help build some structure in the Koro. Admit it, you need all the help you can get, and I'm a willing soldier. Besides, as I said, I have a lot of experience. If you are really worried about me escaping, you can use the poison you spoke of or even take Dammy with you. I have more reasons to be against the Brotherhood than I do to be against you. Trust me."

Edited by Silo

Kathok

Syvra stared at Silo for some time,

"I'm quite aware of the threat they pose, and just how dangerous they are... Oh but do tell me how do you have experience with the brotherhood, when they have all but been dormant since before makuta's fall, heck what reasons do you even have? And no, I don't need all the help I can get, that is the last thing actually. The more people involved the more mucked up it this operation will become. I can already tell you lack any subtlety in your methods, standing out like a sore thumb."

If there was one thing syvra could not stand, it was being talked down to in regards to a topic he held very close to his heart, and had intimate knowledge of, and that zero tolerance reared it's ugly head in the form of hostility towards this ba-toa

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Phantom
"The Phantom. Never call me Phant."

He shook his head at Silo. "I'm already mad for letting one criminal out, I'm not going to let two. Demos has two- now three- incentives to join and stick with Syvra, as well as documented evidence of his ties- however slim- with Ak'Rei'An, while I have nothing more than your word." He folded his arms. "Furthermore, the unpunished freedom of a murderer- even a failed one- is utterly out of the question." He turned to leave. "With Syvra's analysis of your use, I am convinced. Your sentence is already lighter than what Demos's will be. Weather it as the law demands."

Ooc: sorry man, but there wasn't a way to let him in without totally breaking character. Every dog has his day, maybe you'll get a way out father down the line.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Sajis

Sajis liked hospitals.

They were orderly and well-kept.

However, as she lay back against the head of her bed, she continued to count down the minutes in which she could be out and about, ensuring that peace and order were kept in the village. It was unacceptable to leave chaos to its own devices for so long. Absolutely unacceptable.

But she had been ordered to rest.

And she would comply.

NPC: Medic

Shortly after Onepu's healing, the Healer Toa paid Sajis a visit. "I apologize for the wait," she said, and set to work patching her up. "You should take it easy for a couple of days, but you're free to go. I warn you, you'll be feeling a little tender all over, so don't exert yourself."

The Captain of the Ussalry led Syvra out of the building.

"Hey, what about me?" the Toa of Sonics asked.

"We'll come get you after this is all arranged," Onepu called back without turning around. He led his informant back to the HQ and stepped inside. "Is Seren here?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

We had camped out in the Dark Walk not far from Onu-Koro for me to check my equipment for the eighth time since we left. Part of it was just to annoy Vezok (he was starting to stamp his feet loudly and impatiently whenever I slowed) but the rest of it was because after Ta-Koro, people would know to look for the kind of drone that had eviscerated the Lavapool Inn. Things would need to be handled differently this time - and, if at all possible, with less destruction. I'd rather not be wanted for death everywhere I go, but I suppose that one was out of the question.

My fingers danced along the spindly legs and zip cord canisters on my spider-like drone - caught up in what I was doing - when I heard Vezok start to chortle. If Vezok thought something was funny, chances are it wasn't just not funny but it also tended to mean that someone else was going to find it very, very upsetting. So, against my better judgement, I looked up.

"Hey there sweet cheeks, I just finished up making new friends, figured you'd need me to pull you out of the fire," Thok said, his band of Rahkshi following behind him. He was smiling. He had a big, white smile. The kind Hakann would have taken pleasure in breaking...but the last time he tried, it hadn't ended well. It was one of those unspoken things - a rare move one Piraka made on another that no one liked to really talk about. Ever since then, Hakann had earned everyone's special loathing. Except maybe Reidak. Those two were practically peas in a really, really stupid pod. 

And Thok...

For 's sake.

"We wouldn't if Avak had brought more Rahkshi besides Rubbers."

"Wiggles!" I yelled. "Wiggles, Vezok. And I'm the one handling all the tech. If you don't like it, feel free to tell me. I'll feed you this drone and activate the killswitch. How do you think you'll manage without Reidak's adaptability?"

"Rubbers, huh?" Thok smirked. Vezok cursed; I might have, too, except Thok's Rahkshi meant that our ranks had been supplemented and we had another solid fighter. I could put Thok's constant manipulations and quips aside in my head if it meant we had that much more chance of getting out of Onu-Koro intact. Unless...

"You're not going to just shackle us together at the ankle and throw us to the Ussalry, are you?" I asked Thok grouchily.

"Nope, but it's gonna cost ya, and I suppose we can bring Blueberry back with us. He kinda cramps the mood."

"What do you want, Thok?" Vezok asked through gritted teeth.

"Well some aid for some of my friends, at a time of my choosing. As well as something I'll talk to Avak about later," Thok chuckled with a wink.

"Done," Vezok said without hesitation. I almost blanched.

"Done?! The did you just agree to on my behalf, Vezok?"

"I wouldn't have had to if you'd brought Rahkshi."

"I brought the tech!"

"And no Rahkshi."

"You have the weirdest Rahkshi fetish, I swear to God...I ought to feed you to a Rahkshi! See how much you like them then."

"Watching you get hot and bothered gets me hot and bothered, Avak," Thok swooned.

"Maybe you could," Vezok said, shooting right over Thok, "if you brought more than one."

There was no talking to him when he was like this. I just turned back to my drone and started to tinker again. When we were done, I let the bot's legs retract, leaving the Vakbot a disc-shaped control panel with a joystick-like head that could easily fit in my hand. Thok clapped at the display. Vezok snorted. "Yeah. Tech."

" you."

"You're such a child, Avak."

"You're making fun of my stuff."

"Are you even hearing yourself?"

"He sounds dreamy, doesn't he?" Thok swooned.

By the time we were moving again, three Piraka and ten Rahkshi, I was starting to pray for the Ussalry.

-Tyler

• Upvote 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Syvra followed close behind Onepu, though when he asked about someone named seren, this to say the least intrigued him. He suspected this seren would either be the one Onepu sends to watch syvra and phantom, or would be someone he trusted to talk this over with. He was admittingly intrigued.

As they passed through a doorway, his prosthetic foot got caught on the minor step and he stumbled a bit into the room, though quickly regained his footing while muttering under his breath

"**** prosthetic foot."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: "Yep." A completely ordinary Onu-Toa looked up from a chair in the reception, cigarette dangling limp in his fingers. He stood, taking a single draw from it and releasing the smoke quickly. "HQ said you needed me. What's up?"

Whatever it was, it was going to be strange. They didn't call Seren Rihanku in from his pseudo-exile for the yearly Ussalry Naming Day party.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: (Silo/Onu-Koro prison)

Silo cursed under his breath: that had been his one chance of escape.

Well...except for maybe the tournament: although Damek was still here, it was true that most of the guards would go to watch the multi-day event.

The guard that kept him roughly informed on the outside world had told him that a battle was raging in ko-koro between followers of Makuta and the defenders of the village.

Silo didn't care much; he had worked for Makuta for a while, and had even come to the island in the first place due to Makuta's summons, but he didn't particularly care who his clients were, just so long as they payed.

There was one group who he was interested in, though: a group of six murderers called the Piraka, who had allied with the Legacy somewhat. From what the guard had described of them, they seemed to have a lot in common with him: They murdered people, the liked cash etc.

"Hey Dan-Dan!" he called to Danaku Ran, opposite him.

"Got any bright ideas?" When there was no reply, it was evident that he was asleep. Grabbing a small loose rock from the wall, he chucked it through the bars at Danaku's bed, momentarily forgeting that his Matatu wasn't there to guide the stone. 

It bounced off Ran's head, waking him.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-koro prison)

A sudden surge of pain awoke him from his dreamless sleep, and quickly rose from his bed. He noticed pieces of a stone on the ground near his bed that hadn't been there before. Someone had thrown a stone at him, he figured. "Who threw that?" he mumbled with a rashy, tired voice. He noticed Silo looking at him from behind the bars. "Was it you? What do you want?" he asked before realizing that the tournament might have started while he was asleep. Silo spoke before he said anything however.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles