BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Roth

The man was silent for a moment, his gaze still flitting around behind "Arina" in an attempt to find what would otherwise been unseen.  Finally, he seemed satisfied that she really was alone, and he wasn't about to be liberated from his widgets.  He let the door that partially hid his form swing open on it's own accord, hefting the large, gun-like apparatus over his shoulder.  The position was far less threatening than what it had been moments before pointed directly at her, though it looked like it could resume it's previous position in a split second.

Roth's eyes glinted from behind his impassive mask at the name Tykoh, though he otherwise didn't react.  Of course, the man seemed to reappraise his analysis of the Toa of Plantlife being nothing more than a lost unfortunate as she finished speaking.

"Yes," He finally stated, his voice quiet, the simple word almost having more meaning in it than just that.  "You know it's dangerous around there parts, especially for little Toa."

It wasn't a threat, or at least it couldn't have been, what with the faint echo of genuine concern that undercut his voice.  Perhaps he wasn't all the hard, cold mercenary that he certainly looked like.

Edited by The Tomorrow Girl

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Vesun [profile]

Up on the surface of Onu-Wahi, there was a whistling. If anyone had been there to look up, they would have seen a Toa canister plummeting powerless through the sky. As it reached the ground, it rotated sideways, but didn't stop. It smashed heavily into the ground and fell through into an old unused tunnel. After about a minute, the hatch unscrewed and a stunned Toa Vesun stepped out. "That... didn't go as planned," he murmured to himself. Slowly, he took in his surroundings. "A... tunnel? And writing..." he stooped down to read the letters scribbled on the wall. "Taipu was here? Hm... means nothing to me."He started wandering through the tunnel system.

He soon heard a faint clamor of voices and what sounded like a market. Heading towards it, he placed his head against the cave wall to hear better. He was so absorbed in his hearing that he bumped straight into someone just outside of the village. After an initial jolt of surprise, he stood up straight and looked at the being. "Can you help me?" he asked as gently as he could, putting a hand on the being's shoulder. "There's something wrong with my mind."

OOC: Hi everyone! Just starting out here, so if I screw up, don't get mad.

My character is looking to interact with someone to start things off. If you want to, go ahead and be the person he's grabbed!

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

OOC: Sure thing Smarty35, interaction coming. :)

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro):

Kirgan jumped, startled, as a large being bumped into him. He turned around to see a Toa he had never seen before. This was not so unusual - after all, Mata Nui was full of Toa nowadays - but this one seemed confused and disoriented somehow. Before Kirgan could react, the being had laid a hand on his shoulder, saying "Can you help me? There's something wrong with my mind."

Kirgan thought about the Toa's request with caution.

Maybe he is insane? he thought to himself, but decided to disregard the notion. Instead, he decided to offer a helping hand himself. That could never be a bad thing could it?

"Hello... what exactly is wrong with your mind?"

OOC: You can find out anything you need to about Kirgan's appearance and stuff through the link in my signature.

IC: Reson.

"Shifting to where, exactly?" Reson asked worriedly. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vesun

Vesun knelt down to bring himself level with Kirgan. “I’ve been sent here on an important mission,” he began. “Dangerous as well. So dangerous that the location of my home has been removed from my mind, for its protection.” He sighed and looked down. “But something’s gone wrong. I’ve forgotten more – I’ve forgotten my mission. And I believe… it may be spreading.” He reached down and started carving with his finger on a rock. “What’s more, this place is – wrong. I’m either very lost… or very late. To understand, I need my memory. Do you know of anyone, or anything, that could restore it? Or at least… stop the spread.” He lifted up the rock, on which he had carved: Vesun. “That’s my name. I need to remember at least that.”

"Why there?" Reson asked. He wasn't trying to question his superior, he was simply curious. "What's in the town center that needs dealing with?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro):

Kirgan couldn't help but be severely baffled by what the Toa had to say. He was obviously new to this island, but where he came from, no one could tell.

Not even him, Kirgan thought as Vesun explained his problem.

"I have never heard of amnesia spreading", Kirgan admitted. "The wise thing to do is to record everything you know now, in one form or another, before you lose more memories." He thought for a while. "I could... take you to the hospital. I've been there before, they are experts on the body and mind."

"Oh, okay..." he coughed, feeling stupid, "I don't suppose I'll be getting a schedule sometime soon? So I don't look like a useless idiot who has no idea what's going on all the time?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Okay, thanks," Reson took the schedule and turned it over in his hands, skimming through it. "Are you going to be okay without this?"

Of course you have, Reson groaned inwardly, following Sajis.

He felt like a complete noob when he was around her. 

Vesun nodded in response to Kirgan’s suggestion, looking at the rock in his hand. What will I need to remember, he wondered, that can be written on a stone? He stood up again to his full height. “The hospital, then. Take me there, little creature. And tell me… what exactly are you? I have never seen one like you before.” Or perhaps I have forgotten? he wondered. Having forgotten so much, I do not know what is lost.

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro):

Creature? If he hadn't fully understood it before, Kirgan now realized that the Toa's memory had been truly damaged. He had never heard of a Toa not knowing what a Matoran was.

"I'm a Matoran", Kirgan said. "Almost everyone you see around is a Matoran. My name is Kirgan."

He began leading the Toa towards the hospital.

Reson took in the sights of the busy central hub of Onu-Koro, the liveliest, busiest part of the city. As in, the part of the city he'd never really seen before because every time he came near it he'd gotten chased off by guards for being drunk. But his drinking days were past him, and now he was the guard. 

It was funny how things turned out. 

Vesun followed this “Matoran” Kirgan, noticing all the others around him, but also the great diversity of species. He carved more words into the stone as he walked. “There are many Toa here,” he remarked to the Matoran. “Even if I am in the wrong place, I see I will have much to do.” He was quiet for a short time, then spoke again. “Yours is not the only race I do not recognize. I will have much to learn as well.” If I can remember, he thought.

OOC: How will the hospital work? Do we get to make it up, or is it more "official" or something?

IC: Sajis

There was a loud crash. Sajis' eyes quickly moved to look for the source of the disturbance. A drunken brawl between three Onu-Matoran workers and a Vortixx was taking place outside one of the nearby inns. They were disrupting the order of the village. Unacceptable. Her duty was to ensure they did not.

"Reson, let's go."

OOC: Mind if I butt in, Onarax?

Vesun spun on his heel as a crash resounded behind him. He reached back and patted Kirgan’s head. “Just a moment.” He strode towards the fight, drawing his halberd as he walked. Reaching over his head, he brought down the halberd with a gravity-enhanced blow, striking the ground and knocking the combatants away from each other. He let the ensuing silence settle for a moment before speaking, his voice soft but stern. “What’s going on here?”

Someone had already moved to intervene. It was unlikely that the drunken brawlers would listen though. Sajis had dealt with enough bar fights to understand how people worked in such situations. It had obviously been intense enough to spill out onto the streets, so there were little words that could be said to stall their battle.

Indeed, Vesun would be simply shoved away by the Vortixx, who drunkenly leapt at the trio of Onu-Matoran, intent on crushing them.

"Drunken brawl," said Sajis, the Fe-Matoran Ussalry member approaching behind Vesun. "I would like to recruit your assistance in subduing the Vortixx."

Vesun glanced back at the Matoran guard. “Subdue? If you think it necessary…” He reached out and tripled the mass of the drunken Vortixx’s head, who lost her balance and fell flat on her back. “It can be done.”

He turned again to the Matoran. “Vesun, Toa of Gravity.” He hesitated for a moment, turning around to look at the Vortixx. “She’s too drunk to get up. You seem to be some kind of police force?”

"Ussalry."

With that quick reply, Sajis moved to restrain one of the Onu-Matoran with cuffs.

"Reson," she said, calling for her recruit, "take the other two."

It was surprising how much the drunken Matoran struggled, but she managed to push him onto the ground, cuffs latching on tightly around his hands.

"Okay, boys, time to calm down, please." Reson warned, approaching the two drunk Matoran. One of them threw a half-empty bottle at him, which he deftly sidestepped. It shattered on the stony ground behind him. "For the record, I did ask nicely." Reson sighed, darting forwards, using his kakama to move even faster, then cracking his short whip right between the two Matoran, generating a miniature sonic boom which he amplified with his powers, sending both Matoran sprawling, clutching at their throbbing ears. They'd be fine in a few minutes... or possibly hours...  

With the pair safely out of commission, he caught the handcuffs Sajis threw to him, and quickly secured the two Matoran. "Sorry for the noise," he apologised to Sajis, "but loud sounds are kind of my thing..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Use more restraint," she replied in clipped tones, moving to cuff the Vortixx.

With that sorted, the debacle had been fixed. They were no long disrupting the order of the village, and the crowd that had gathered dissipated.

"Time to haul them back. They'll be dealt with when they're sober."

“A Toa of Sonics,” Vesun remarked, turning towards Reson. “Surprised you’d need my help.” He introduced himself, then returned his attention to the Ussal guard. 

“Seeing as you’re the police. I, uh… crashed into one of your tunnels. Collapsed it. It looked abandoned, and I don’t think anyone was hurt, but – someone should know.” He pointed towards an old tunnel entrance. “Over there.”

"We weren't using that tunnel for anything, were we?" Reson wondered aloud, then turned specifically to Sajis. "How exactly am I expected to show more restraint? I'm a Toa of Sonics; making loud noises is all I'm good for. Oh, and eavesdropping. I'm pretty good at that, too." 

"Be less loud?" Reson spluttered, "What, you want me to generate a field of silence around myself every time I attack someone so you don't have to hear it? Actually, that isn't such a bad idea... or too difficult for me to do... " 

"I've never had much practice because..." Reson trailed off. That wasn't something he wanted to think about, "...never mind. My point is, I'm still getting used to my abilities, but I will attempt to be more careful in future. Anyway, enough of about me." He turned to the new guy. "Thanks for the help. I'm afraid I didn't properly catch your name before, but I have good hearing. Vesun, was it?"

Vesun nodded uncertainly, looking at a rock in his hands as if searching for confirmation.

"Well then Vesun, welcome to Onu-Koro." 

"Touch the head," Vesun suggested. "Vibrate the head. Shouldn't even be audible for anyone else. That's what I would do at least. Sonics, like Gravity, seems to be a very direct power. But it can be subtle – and all the more powerful – if you think it through." He turned to leave. "I see the work is done. Excuse me. I have to get to the hospital."

"Well... that was interesting." Reson mused, watching Vesun and his companion head off in the direction of the hospital. "All kinds of strangers showing up around the place. Actually... should we be arresting that Vesun guy; I know he helped us out and all, but isn't collapsing tunnels without permission some kind of crime?" he didn't want to arrest Vesun, he actually seemed like a decent guy and he gave good advice, too. This was really just an excuse for Reson to get and idea of whether collapsing tunnels was actually a crime, for future reference...