BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"That's a question I don't know the answer to, and I rather expect I won't." The Onu-Matoran gestured to himself with a degree of amusement, then at Kehuri. "There's a step between me and that answer, and it's one I'm not likely to end up passing through."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"You can never know, the future's not set in stone"

Ferron didn't say it, but briefly his thoughts dwelled on the safe in the inner forgeroom, safely locked and bolted and its contents unknown to all but himself.

"Someday... perhaps" he thought, "he certainly seems like he'd do an admirable job of it"

"Good day to you, Tarnok, and to you as well, Kehuri and Uyism. Be well"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kavala
(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ, cell):

"Hold your Rahi", Kavala said. "My element is earth. My armour color should disclose that much. And I'm certainly open for escaping, if only we find a way to do that."

IC Tuli, Kirgan, Khervos
(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

"I have heard about it yes", Tuli replied.

"We should probably go with the original plan and go to Ko-Koro", Khervos said. "That's as likely a place as any to find help for mental ailments. Unless you have another idea, Vesun?"

OOC: I heard we're not supposed to know if the Ko-Koro attack yet, but a character of mine is fleeing from there right now so maybe he can meet with Vesun's group while they're going to Ko-Koro and learn of the attack?

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: Hile from Ko-Wahi.

IC Hile

(Onu-Wahi, Onu-Ko-tunnel):

Hile half ran, half walked through the tunnel connecting Ko- and Onu-Wahi. He was still in deep shock over what had happened to his home village. All that destruction, all those bodies... he felt ashamed about leaving his home, but what else could he do? He needed to warn the other villages before it was too late, and there was no one as qualified as a Chronicler like him for the task.

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Onu-Koro, outside Ussalry HQ):

Kirgan looked surprised. "What else did you expect?" he asked. "You already saved me from a kidnapper. I feel it's only fair to try and help you the best I can."

"You're new to the island, so you need someone to guide you", Khervos added.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 1

IC: Kehuri

"You don't have to be a Toa to be a Hero," Kehuri said. Words he'd heard many times. "And you don't have to be a Turaga to a friendly old codger," he added with a smile. He gave a nod to his fellow Ussalman.

IC: Onepu

He nodded to Sajis and slipped off his crab. "A woman- a vortixx- came by the HQ earlier, complaining that a member of the Ussalry that was traveling with you had left his crab in front of her home. I'd never heard of him before. I think she said his name was... Deson? Veson?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

(Onu-Koro):

"Well, Mr. Detective here is my boyfriend, so I figured I might as well help him help you", Tuli replied.

"Private eye", Khervos said.

"He likes to pretend there's a difference between detective and private eye, but to me they're both the same", Tuli said.

"Um, anyway..." Kirgan said. "I guess we should go to Ko-Koro then?"

"Are you ready to leave, Vesun?" Khervos asked. "Or do you have something to do here first?"

"That's the one," he said with a nod. "She said he went off drinking and left his crab in front of her place. Thing is, she acted extremely suspiciously. Defensive and paranoid. Given she knew his name, and that you were with Reson, I thought you might have run into her before." He briefly described the Vortixx for reference. "What is your take on this?"

BZPRPG Profiles

His eyes widened, then narrowed. It was too early to jump to conclusions. "At worse, we have a smuggled Rahkshi on our hands. At best, she's doing something with it. Making a weapon, perhaps... Either way, I need to have her investigated." He examined her visually. She was in better shape than he was, having taken less of the blast from the bank heist. "How are you feeling?"

BZPRPG Profiles

(Onu-Koro):

"Yes there is", Khervos said. "Me and Tuli have used it before, it's the safest way to get to Ko-Wahi."

"What are we waiting for?" Tuli said. "Let's go."

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro, Niralle's estate):

At the outskirts of Onu-Koro, a lone estate stood, overlooking the underground village. In this part of town, everything was quiet. Not a soul was seen walking on the streets. There was no need for anyone to come here, for only one Matoran lived around these parts: A wealthy Onu-Matoran mogul who was about to have a very bad day.

A lone being stood behind a rock, spying on the lone estate with spiteful eyes.

This will be easy, Onoraza thought. She could already hear the dying screams of Niralle in her mind.

Seeing no one around, Onoraza crept closer to the estate. Soon she crouched below one of the larger windows of the building, listening to sounds from inside. She could hear nothing and decided to proceed.

Surprisingly gracefully for such a bulky Skakdi, Onoraza flung herself through the window, inside the estate. She found herself in what looked like the living room, with expensive-looking furniture and decorations creating an aristocratic atmosphere.

Wherever you are Matoran, I will find you...

Onoraza began stalking the estate, looking for the owner of the place.

OOC: I'll let you indicate where Niralle is before proceeding, Veneras.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

"Alright, have a rest while I gather assistance, then."

As he made his way inside, he was stopped by an Onu-Matoran on an Ussal Crab calling his name. "Sir, the tunnel leading to Ko-Koro has collapsed halfway through! We think it was caused by explosives."

Onepu swore under his breath. He felt terrible for not having sent assistance to the village of Ice. Where were the groups he had sent to other Koros already? Why were they taking so long? "We should have been there," he muttered. "Clear the wreckage and have miners start to work their way back, but keep the tunnels narrow." He then added in a low tone, "Ko-Koro may have fallen to Makuta."

He entered the HQ somberly, and began to gather up a small force. 

OOC: Tunnel to Ko-Koro collapsed!

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Niralle

Niralle sat in the chair in his study. 

"If we allocate 10,000 widgets to this project, we can open up a new mine. My prospectors have reason to believe there is gold and protodermis" Niralle looked up at his bodyguard, "Leave us" he said. This was a private matter.

The bodyguard went out the back door, while his servant went out the main doorway to tend to his duties.

Meanwhile, from the far door in the living room, a small matoran entered the living room to feed the fireplace. He trotted blissfully towards the hearth, doing a double-take as he passed by the blue skakdi. He let out a cry and broke into a run back past the skakdi 

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: (Silo)

He could have sworn Kavala was something other than earth, but he couldn't place his finger on what it was about him...

Two guards walked up to the cell Silo was in, and set a device down on the ground. Immediately, Silo felt what was left of his elemental energy drain.

The guards walked into the cell and handcuffed him behind his back; he felt too weak to resist.

"We is takin' you for questionin' " intoned the more stupid looking one.

"Didn't we already go through that?"

"Further questionin' "

With that, he was dragged away...

Kathok

OOC: The collapse of the Ko-Onu-tunnel is... unfortunate.

IC Hile

(Onu-Ko-tunnel):

Hile suddenly stopped, as he encountered a cave-in. Frustrated and unable to continue, he turned back.

OOC: Hile to Ko-Wahi.

IC Onoraza

Onoraza hadn't expected a Matoran to appear so swiftly, and run away again with such commotion.

This isn't my day, now is it? Onoraza thought bitterly and went to the hallway. The Matoran he had encountered was obviously already screaming somewhere, attracting everyone's attention. The Skakdi would need to speed up her plan.

Readying her Zamor launcher, Onoraza walked towards what she thought would be Niralle's bedroom.

IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ, cell):

Kavala watched in surprise, but without sympathy, as Silo was dragged away by the guards.

I wonder what that's about, he thought dizzily.

IC: Vesun

Vesun followed the three Matoran as they approached the entrance to the Ko-Koro tunnel. He was silent, although he listened and watched what was going on around him. He reached into his pack and pulled out the stone he had written on when he had first arrived. A stone of memories, he mused to himself. A mindstone..He read it carefully. He had written so densely, with letters overlapping and crisscrossing, that it was unintelligible - except to him. He remembered writing on it well enough that he could read every word. He felt comforted that he could still remember it clearly. He looked up as he reached the tunnel, noting that there was a guard standing there, and mining teams were pouring in.

"The Ko-Koro tunnel's caved in," the guard told them. "Can't go through."

Vesun frowned, and looked to his friends. "What now?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

(Onu-Koro, entrance to Onu-Ko-tunnel):

Khervos frowned. "Cave-in?"

"They happen sometimes, but not in well-maintained public tunnels like this one", Kirgan said. "I bet this is an act of sabotage."

"There are other ways to Ko-Koro", Tuli pointed out. "Like the cable car from Ta-Koro."

Khervos nodded. "I think that's our best bet now. There's a tunnel from this village straight to Ta-Koro."

The group turned around and went to the Onu-Ta-tunnel on their way to Ta-Koro.

OOC: Vesun, Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli to Ta-Wahi.

You can make the first post in Ta-Koro, Smarty35.

IC Niralle

Onoroza had wandered right into Niralle's office. 

Niralle stood with his chief mining advisor, looking up at the sudden intrusion. The scopes mounted on his custom Pikari began to whir as the analyzed the introder. 
The advicsor had hidden behind Niralles drill prototype, but the mogul stood, especially confident for his weak stature compared to the skakdi. 

"Can I help you?" He asked "I'm quite busy"

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC Onoraza

Onoraza hadn't expected to find the mogul so fast, but now that she had, there was no doubt this overconfident Matoran was the one she was looking for.

"You can help me by accepting your fate", she snarled, firing one of her Zamor spheres at Niralle.

IC Onoraza

Just as Onoraza had anticipated, Niralle was unable to avoid her attack. The Zamor bound the Matoran, leaving him squirming.

Onoraza looked at the mining advisor nearby. "The mogul is my prize. You, I don't need for anything." With that she leapt forward and swung her sword at the advisor, with the intent to kill.

IC

The matorans life flashed before his eyes.. so many things he never got to do.

he would have said goodbye to his family, kissed his daughter one last time.

He lifted his arms to protect himself, but matoran armr iis weak; even industrial Onu Koronan armor could not stop the slaughter.

Niralle struggled to break free but it was futile. Deneran had breathed his last.

IC

The matorans life flashed before his eyes.. so many things he never got to do.

he would have said goodbye to his family, kissed his daughter one last time.

He lifted his arms to protect himself, but matoran armr iis weak; even industrial Onu Koronan armor could not stop the slaughter.

Niralle struggled to break free but it was futile. Deneran had breathed his last.

--Character Profiles--

OOC: When I read that, all I could think of was "Onoraza you monster, how can you do this?!" :P

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro, Niralle's estate, office):

Onoraza found the sound of a crunching Matoran body extremely satisfying. It was perhaps ironic that the death of others could make her feel so... alive.

Onoraza picked up the trapped Niralle. "Now", she said. "You're a more special case. A rich Matoran who owns an impressive percentage of the private mining activity of the village. Where will all that wealth flow once you're dead, I wonder?"

IC: From one of the Koro's side entrances emerged a red-and-black Toa of Plasma.  He took a moment to look around the village, then made his way to the nearest inn- he had a meeting to prepare for.

OOC: And Charek finally makes an appearance.  I'll let you fill in the details when it gets to that, Requiem.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC Niralle, Niralle's Estate

Niralle thought about calling for the guard, but the skakdi would likely slice through him as easily as the advisor poor Deneran he thought

"I have a proposal for you" he said in his coy business tone, as composed as one can be when they're knees are pressed against their chest by a giant net.

"A business opportunity"

--Character Profiles--

IC Onoraza

"I don't make deals with Matoran", Onoraza said, then remembered how rich her victim was and added "But go ahead and speak your mind. I might be amused by this one."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC Niralle

"If you kill me my wealth goes to the Akiri" he said "and something tells me you don't want that more than you don't want to do business like civilized lady and gentleman."

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--