BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Onepu

"It is not." He sighed again. "Sajis's logic is sound, but I don't see how it impacts anything. I have no objections to allowing you an assistant. Now, does he himself have any objections, and is he sober enough to voice them?" He turned his eye on Skoll.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"When I first settled down here and opened this forge, I had already lived a full life in many respects. I'd both had and lost a team, and I'd fallen in love and seen it taken away from me far too soon"

"Not even a year ago today I walked into the tunnels of Onu-Wahi all by myself, alone and confused. That was where I met Krell and Zuriana. Krell was a former slave to Makuta who'd gone rogue, and was trying to piece together his fractured mind. And Zuriana? She was just a simple, well-mannered woman who was trying to lend a helping hand to someone in need."

"So I joined these two disparate souls, and their quest became my own in a way. Eventually, we crossed paths with Krell's old nemesis, Kuhrin, and a fight broke out, a fight in which they ended each other."

"So Zuriana and I remained, and we turned back home again. I opened this forge, and Zuriana became my good friend and neighbour. For a while, life was simple and safe, it was good"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

A sigh escaped Tarnok's lips as he moved down the streets of Onu-Koro. His gait wasn't as weak as it had been, and he was no longer worried about them suddenly failing him, but it was still frustrating to lack the mobility he usually possessed. Without his equipment, he felt even more exposed and weakened. At least he had someone watching his back.

Though she was almost completely silent, Uyism had been following since they left the forge. The Iroiit had been a constant ally, present almost without exception. That sole exception being her time in a hospital, a time Tarnok was thankful had ended. Between them, they were the last real remnant of Seventh. Sulov was gone, Kol dead, Rubigo on his own path, and Gavarm... Seldom seen. The Ussalmatoran had little doubt that the Commander of Heavy was busy, indeed he and most of Heavy were out of the village this very moment, but he wasn't often seen even when he was present.

He wasn't too different from his old commander, in that regard.

Sighing again, he glanced at Uyism.

"You ever feel like we always seem to get left behind?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Skoll

I am having a rare moment of clarity right now.

"Fighting for Makuta and acting as a shady mercenary has gotten me into this, drunk and hiding in barrels when the Ussalry comes 'round. So I suppose working on the side of the law with lady Lash is probably my best option."

"I can't let myself sober up like this anymore..."

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 2

...but close to it

OOC: Whoa, nice post dude. :o

IC: Zero

"Very well." she replied smoothly. "Once I'm done collecting our new friends, I'll meet you down at the Drunken Ussal."

With that, she turned on her sharpened heel and strode off.

It was a while before she reached the first tavern. Transient hadn't quite specified which bar to the recruits, all he had said was that they'd be picked up on the main road that cut straight through the city. This way, the process didn't look quite as suspicious, and was easier to perform without being hindered by unnecessary attention.

The bell above the door dinged sweetly as the Su-Skakdi stepped over the threshold. She took in her surroudings in a matter of seconds, eyes bouncing quickly over beings as she made her way to the counter. Finally, she spotted the Toa of Plasma that the Onu-Toa had described.

He was quite tall for a Toa, with form-fitted red and black armor. A few firey accents caught the light, and the eye sockets of his Kakama

were conjoined into one sleek visor. She took a seat next to him, and ordered a shot of bula berry juice.

"Charek, isn't it?" she inquired softly. "My recruiter pointed you out as suitable for my organization, and informed me that you expressed interest when he confronted you." She picked up the glass that was set down before her, and swished the liquid around before downing it. "Am I right?"

OOC: That's finally you, Endless :) Thanks for being so patient!

IC: Charek smiled thinly.  "That's right, yes," he said, sipping from his glass of naramelon juice.  "I've survived entirely on mercenary work for a while now; I figured the easiest way to find a job around here would be joining an organization of like-minded individuals.  Your group's offer was exactly what I was hoping to find."

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

"Then I suppose it's settled. One last warning: So long as you work with a Rahkshi, or any force tied to the Makuta, you will not have privacy." His brow lowered slightly. "We cannot take risks." He turned Ruwe around and headed for the exit, though he remained facing... 'Breathless'. "If you are willing to work under such conditions, then all that remains is to inform Nuparu."

IC: Priicu

The Ko-Matoran arrived in town on a crab and quickly realized he had no idea where the Wise Man's Archive actually was. Too preoccupied to fully realize just how different this place was from his home, he set about looking for it.

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: this went way better than I expected :evilgrin: 

IC: Lash.

"That's fine with me," Lash said, pleasantly surprised with how things had turned out. She held Breathless' Kraata affectionately in her arms and poked her tongue out at Sajis. "To Nuparu we go. Come along, Skoll."

IC: Reson.

Reson got properly to his feet and stood beside Sajis. "I don't like where this is going..." he muttered softly.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Well, I'm glad we're what you've been looking for." she replied. "I'm sure you've been waiting long enough."

She placed a few widgets on the counter, enough to cover the Su-Toa's drink as well. Well, one of them at least. She would've covered his whole tab, but for all she knew he could've been there drinking all day.

"There are a few more... friends we need to pick up before we can depart." she stated, sliding nimbly off her stool. "As much as I'd love to sit around and chat, we'd better get a move on."

IC: Kehuri

'But it wasn't to last,' Kehuri anticipated silently.

"Indeed!"

"As it turned out, Kuhrin had survived the fight, and only a few months after did he come to me. He threatened me, baited me to do his dirty work for him. He told me, truthfully, that a group of assassins were out to avenge his alleged death, and that both Zuriana and I were in mortal danger."

"I... I couldn't bear the thought of losing my friend, so I did as he asked and walked out to find a Mask of Healing for him, one he wanted to heal crippling battle wounds"

"So Zuriana and I took off to search for the mask. Well aware that we were being hunted."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Well, I'm glad we're what you've been looking for." she replied. "I'm sure you've been waiting long enough."

She placed a few widgets on the counter, enough to cover the Su-Toa's drink as well. Well, one of them at least. She would've covered his whole tab, but for all she knew he could've been there drinking all day.

"There are a few more... friends we need to pick up before we can depart." she stated, sliding nimbly off her stool. "As much as I'd love to sit around and chat, we'd better get a move on."

IC: Letting out a short chuckle, Charek drained his glass in a single gulp and set it on the counter next to Zero's widgets.  "Duly noted," he said as he stood up.  "Lead on."

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The young Toa hung onto the Turaga's every word. Something, anything, in it could be important in the unraveling of his own destiny.

IC: Priicu & Demos

The Ko-Matoran ultimately made it to the Archive and knocked at the door. It was opened by the De-Toa he'd known before, but he was dressed differently. Gone was his high-class tailored outfit, replaced by a plain, practical grey set of light armor. The pens were nowhere to be seen, replaced by knives.

"Priicu," Demos said, surprised. He stepped out of the doorway. "Come in, it is good that you are here."

Priicu did as he was told, and for the next couple of hours, they shared their respective situations and worked out what to do. The Wise Man's Archive was now Priicu's, and likely would remain so, as Demos did not see himself returning to his old life any time soon.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Whoa, nice post dude. :o

OOC: Me? Thanks!

IC: Nialus

The Toa nodded as Zero walked out the door, the latter slamming behind her. He turned on his heel and stalked off into his room.

Nialus look around the circular bedroom. It was the smallest room in the house, but he liked it that way. It didn't allow room for long-distance fighting, which benefited him if there was a break-in. The walls were decked with shelves of tablets, small artifacts and souvenirs from his missions. Multiple Kanohi also hung on the walls, most gifts from a certain mask-forging old friend of his. He took in a deep breath through the nose, inhaling the dust and iron-laden odor of the room. Ah, he loved it.

The Toa sat down on his bed and began stuffing blank tablets into his old, weather-beaten Chronicler’s Satchel, designed to hold multiple bundles of said tablets space-efficiently. After becoming a Toa, Nialus had modified the strap to fit his buff new body, and now he carried it with him on any missions he went on. Which, if he was honest with himself, weren’t too many nowadays. Sure, he saw action sometimes - on one trek to Ta-Koro to recover some rumored rare artifacts, he had been pulled into a small team of Matoran on a mission to destroy a group of wild Rahkshi. It wasn’t a fun mission at all - many ended up dying. He had won in the end, but the price that had to be paid kept him from going on any more adventures.

Yet, here he was, getting ready for another one. Again, for the umpteenth time. And all because, for perhaps the first time in his Toa career, he couldn’t control his impulses.

I won’t deny it, he thought, attaching a leather sheath to his ankle. He needed a new knife for it - his own had been lost years back at Mangaia. I do indeed miss combat. The feel of my my hammer bashing in enemy heads - I may be solemn, but I know how to have a good time. Still… teams. Don’t like them, don’t want them; but a lot of adventures around here can’t be done alone. Even I know that. Last thing I want is to get burnt to a crisp by a troop of HV Rahkshi because I plunged into the Fau Swamp on my own like an idiot.

He rubbed his chin, his clawed fingers tracing the firm jaw-line of his skull underneath his Kanohi. Zero… she had hidden motives. She most definitely wanted him back in action - but why? To benefit her cause, no doubt. But something else was at play here. Nialus wasn’t foolish enough to believe she had feelings for him - at least, not yet.

Not yet? What the Makuta are you talking about? He brutally smashed the thought out of his head. “I don't need anyone,” he said, to his surprise, aloud. Skratch, lying smack in the middle of the Onu-Toa’s bed, scratched at her ear and looked at him curiously. He stood and slung his satchel over his shoulder. “I’ve done fine on my own for a long time, and the last person I need on my plate of relationships is some she-Skakdi bent on converting Mata Nui to a yin-yangy world. I only needed… her. And look how that turned out.”

He shook his head and grabbed his traveling cloak. It was slightly heavier than his normal one, and built to withstand extreme heat, cold, water, etc. He smirked. Should’ve worn it when visiting that Ga-Toa, he thought smugly. Swinging the cloak over his shoulder, Nialus fastened it in place with it’s chain and let the room. He walked around the shop, locking the doors to all his rooms and deactivating the lift. Skratch trotted after him as he left the house, locked the door, and walked to the rear of the hut to lock the back door as well. He looped the key ring onto his belt.

Stroking the head of Skratch one last time, he growled a few words to her: Stay outside, find food and water, keep house safe. Understand? She sat on her haunches and wagged her tail - which meant yes, if he was translating correctly. Looking back towards his place, he saw the creaky old sign of his shop hanging from a small post, stating, in bold, purple lettering, “CHRONICLER’S POST: ANTIQUE- AND BOOKSTORE.” For some reason, he had a sinking feeling in his gut - as if this was the last time. He ignored the nausea. It wouldn’t be the last time - he’d always return home, and home would always be waiting for him.

Toa tool in hand and cloak fastened securely, Nialus set out towards the center of the village for the second time in the same day. Now that was abnormal.

OOC: Where will he be meeting Zero, Req?

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 3

The Ussalry led the two, temporarily leaving the Rahkshi armor behind, to the Headquarters while the Captain went to converse with Nuparu. The two were kept under watch, but generally allowed to roam free, so long as Lash kept her 'pet' contained and out of sight.

OOC: You've got around 30 IC minutes while Onepu takes care of business. 

BZPRPG Profiles

"Finally, some real resources to work with," Lash sounded pleased, "I should have gone straight to the Ussalry from the start." She patted Breathless, who was half-wrapped in a cloak bundled up in her arms. She still half-expected the Ussalry to turn on her at any time, so she kept him partially uncovered. What everyone seemed to forget was that Kraata could still access their powers outside of their armour, so if any of the matoran tried anything, they would regret it. 

"You ready to do something useful with your miserable life?" she nudged Skoll. 

IC: Reson.

Reson, sitting in a nearby corner next to Curmudgeon, watched on nervously. He didn't trust any part of this situation, and he was sure there was still something he was forgetting. His head hurt too much for him to remember...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I'll take your speechlessness as a yes," Lash surmised. 

Lash sighed, disappointed. "No." she said flatly. The one ally she had in this karz-cursed, and he was an alcoholic? 

Well, things could be much worse...

OOC: Jakura, he can meet up with them at this next bar if you wish. Also, if you want Zero to pick up Marauder now that'd be cool. If you're still working on a profile though, maybe he can attack them or something later on in their trip back to Obsidian.

The next tavern seemed to be vacant of anyone they were searching for. Zero searched the next couple of inns as well, just to be sure, but unfortunately had no luck.

"Well," she said to Charek, assuming he was still following close behind. "Look's like we'll hit the big daddy of the bunch as our grand finale."

The she-Skakdi pushed her way through the thickening crowd. Fairly threatening, her appearance caused many to simply steer clear of her gait. It wasn't long before the odd pair stood in front of The Drunken Ussal. Zero took a quick glance around to make sure no one had followed her besides the Toa of Plasma. Satisfied with the result, she let herself in though the half-open door.

The din of voices hit her like a tidal wave. It was particularily noisy, due to the tavern's popularity among Onu-Koroans and travelers alike. She scanned the crowd, without much luck. There were so many beings crowded into the space that one couldn't help but feel claustrophobic. She made her way up to the counter and ordered a drink.

That's when she spotted the Lesterin. She was short and stocky, her body a bland contrast of blues and greys. Her amber eyes were the most noticable feature, and stood out against the dullness of the rest of her physique like beacons. She wore a pair of fuzzy ear muffs, likely due to the sensitive hearing all De-Lesterin possessed. Zero had to admit, it was loud.

The Su-Skakdi approached her warily, giving her a light tap on the shoulder to make her presence known. It had likely been detected already, but the chatter obscured otherwise obvious noises. Zero had to raise her voice over the sea of sound in order to be heard.

"Excuse me, are you the one called Faora?" she already knew the answer, the question was simply a polite way to engage the Lesterin.

Edited by Requiem

IC: Faora

The noise was insufferable. The deep, dark, murderous part of her wanted to take her axe off her belt and start swinging it wantonly about the bar, but the rest of her rational being squashed the absurd idea. Plus, it was good practice. Being part of a mercenary organization would probably place her into a lot of situations in which noise could not be avoided. Best to break herself in.

A tap on her shoulder alerted Faora to someone nearby, and the contact was quickly followed by "Excuse me, are you the one called Faora?"

Faora turned and, for the first time since she'd arrived in Onu-Koro, drew on the powers of her mask. As her vision focused, she saw behind her a gray, black, and yellow Skakdi who bore a certain gravitas that made her appear... in command.

She must be the recruiter.

Faora eased off on the mask and nodded. "Yeah, I'm Faora."

OOC: I may need to reconsider these colors. They... hurt.

Edited by (Daedalus)
  • Upvote 3

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Onoraza
(Onu-Koro):

Onoraza had no idea why, but she saw the guards leave a Vortixx and a Skakdi with a Rahkshi behind and they, in turn, left for the Ussalry headquarters.

Making a strategic choice, she walked over to Sajis, her target, and asked "Excuse me, can you tell me what that was all about?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Haven't finished Marauder's profile yet - I'll do that soon, and just have him casually stroll up and join the travelers on their way back to Obsidian. He's that kind of character :P

IC: Jakura

The Toa of Earth walked into the bar, hood lowered far over his face. Drinking establishments were not places he enjoyed - not because he didn't drink, which he did (though not excessively). Rather, such taverns and cantinas seemed to harbor the kind of criminals and scum that one with a large number of valuables wouldn't want to come face-to-face with. And Jakura had tangled with more than one of said criminals, and on more than one occasion.

Spotting Zero from across the bar, Jakura made his way towards her, silently. Despite his size and strength, the Onu-Toa was almost impossibly silent in step. 'Twas useful on more than one occasion, that was for sure.

Upon reaching her, he folded both hands around the staff of his weapon, stood firmly behind her, and glared from beneath his hood at the Lesterin being interviewed. He would try and pass as a bodyguard for Zero, to avoid suspicion.

"Yeah, I'm Faora." the Lesterin replied cautiously.

"Oh good, I've been looking for you. I caught word that you were interested in joining my organization. My 'extra set of eyes' deemed you worthy to stand among us."

The Su-Skakdi sensed a figure approach from behind her, but forced herself not to look paranoid. Instead, she turned to lean against the bar as casually as she could manage. She exhaled a sigh of relief when she realized it was only Transient.

Suddenly, she noticed she had yet to introduce herself.

"Call me Zero." she said, extending an arm out towards the woman. She seemed like the hand-shaking type, and the mercenary queen was not intent to get on her recruit's bad side right off the bat. Politeness was the first step. Stoic leader was a persona she'd enforce later so as not to scare away the fresh recruits.

Edited by Requiem
  • Upvote 1

IC: Faora

She'd been right; the Skakdi was the recruiter. But apparently more than that. Faora noted she'd said "my organization." The leader then.

Her impression had been spot on.

The Onu-Toa who appeared behind the Skakdi was a brutish sort, and based on his approach and his stance, Faora got the impression he might be a bodyguard. However, Zero's shift in position was too... sudden, too convenient. It looked natural, but the sideways glance told Faora the Skakdi was careful--perhaps even surprised--and ready for anything. When the Skakdi looked relieved, Faora knew the two were acquainted.

"Call me Zero," the Skakdi said, offering her hand.

Faora smiled, grateful she hadn't completely stopped using her mask and was able to see the offered hand. She didn't consider her partial-blindness a handicap, but it might give Zero second thoughts about recruiting her.

Maintaining the smile, Faora shook Zero's hand. "A pleasure. I look forward to working with you, if you'll have me."

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

"As long as you're willing to show me what you can do in a fight, you're in." Zero said, a half smile tugging at her upper lip.

She regarded Transient and Charek. "Our third recruit seems to have missed us. Oh well, you snooze you lose. If you all are ready to hit the road, we should get back to the outpost."

She topped off her drink, then started for the door. "If any of you have some belongings you need to gather first, I'll be waiting by the east gate."

OOC: If y'all wanna timeskip now, I'd be down.

IC: Charek nodded.  "I have all I need with me right now, so I'll accompany you," he said, walking after the Skakdi.

The young Toa hung onto the Turaga's every word. Something, anything, in it could be important in the unraveling of his own destiny.

"And the assassins did come, once we were alone in the tunnels they attacked, and I was nearly outmatched, but then they decided to bring Zuriana into it by holding her hostage against me... and then...

-Their efforts were futile. Ferron interfered with the strike with his elemental powers, instead directing their spears to skewer two more of the vines restraining him.

He tore himself loose with a guttural, blood-curdling roar, a Pakari-enhanced dash forward leading his uneven hands to close around their throats...

"I killed them in cold blood, because I couldn't think of anything else than to save my dear friend. It was in large part thanks to her I hadn't given up to despair already. Ah, Zuriana, such a kind, loving woman as there ever was, and she was my friend"

"So we found our way to the Mask, and returned to Kuhrin with it... and then"

Ferron's metal hand tightened visibly around the arm of the chair. No matter how much the wounds had healed, they would always be there, and they would always hurt...

"I used the mask on him, as our deal was, but... it all went wrong. His wounds were healed, but his mind was broken, we came to blows."

Ferron's head hung low.

"And... Zuriana was lost. Kuhrin killed her right before my eyes, and then he escaped into the drifts of Ko-Wahi."

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

He smiled as Ferron reminisced on his former love, but it vanished as the tale turned dark. There was nobody on this island that hadn't lost someone close. The thought of Naru entered his mind unbidden, but he forced his attention back. He didn't want to think of any ill fate befalling her.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Guess your conversations are over, then.

The Captain of the Ussalry stepped back inside soon after Skoll started counting the clock's ticks. "Right, Nuparu's agreed to give you a spot in the factory district to work," he said to the two centers of attention. "You'll be sharing work space and tools with others, but you're free to request whatever materials you might need. As I said before, you shouldn't expect any privacy, we'll have guards- good ones- on hand at all times, should anything get out of hand."

BZPRPG Profiles

"Very well, so long as these "others" don't try to interfere in my work, I shouldn't have a problem," she was begining to panic on the inside. How long would it take for them to figure out that she'd completely made all of this up?

She masked her worry with a calm smile. "Shall we head off, then?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro):

Onoraza had no idea why, but she saw the guards leave a Vortixx and a Skakdi with a Rahkshi behind and they, in turn, left for the Ussalry headquarters.

Making a strategic choice, she walked over to Sajis, her target, and asked "Excuse me, can you tell me what that was all about?"

IC Onoraza:

"Helloooo?"

He gave Skoll a wry smirk. "Nuparu always has irons in the fire. If he wants you to know about them, he'll send someone to tell you." He didn't show any reaction to his question being right on the mark. "As for the 'others'," he continued, turning around to lead them out, "There shouldn't be any problem with that. It'll likely be noisy in there, but the other workers all have their projects. The worse they'll do is try to enlist you help, though most are too suspicious of Vortixx to try it. No offense intended"

BZPRPG Profiles