BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Jettix

The Toa of Plasma had a few ideas as to how he'd pull off what he had in mind. Surely, it'd be no easy feat - he'd heard about the last time someone had tried to rob the place.

He wasn't intending to end up the same way.

Now, how to go about finding a crew? Obviously, he'd need one to do this, but they'd need to be up to his spec. 

He couldn't just go asking around seeing who was interested in robbing a bank. Especially not in Onu-Koro. He'd have to head into someplace away from prying eyes or suspicious Matoran.

The Spade and Stone was too kosher for his taste. Too risky.

A friend of his who'd lived in Onu-Koro at one time had recommended a place once - a sort of hidden, back-alley kinda place. Unmarked. Quite possibly illegal. 

It took some effort to remember where exactly he had said it was, but Jettix eventually found it, near the outskirts of town, in a shabby, worn-down building. He had to cut through an alley to get behind the building, where there was a discreet metal speakeasy door, with no visible handle from the outside. He knocked twice.

After a few moments, the speakeasy silder moved to the side, and a pair of eyes sized him up.

"Who're you?"

"Friend of Zeska."

The eyes squinted for a moment. "Wait here." The slider moved back into place.

After about a minute, the door opened, and a pair of Skakdi were there to greet him, one holding a small gun.

The one with the gun held the weapon aimed clearly at him, eyes the same as the ones behind the door, still sizing him up, while the other Skakdi searched him for weapons. He removed the lockpicking kit and the pocket-knife from his satchel, eyed them cautiously, and replaced the lockpicking kit. The other Skakdi lowered his weapon.

"I'll hold onto this for now," he said, holding up the pocket-knife. 

"Yeah, I get you. No problems." He moved to walk further into the establishment but the Skakdi with the gun moved in front of him, blocking the hall.

"Name?" he asked.

"Jettix."

The two Skakdi looked at each other before the one holding his pocket-knife nodded.

"No problems," said the Skakdi with the gun.

"No problems," Jettix parroted.

The Skakdi moved out of the way and Jettix proceeded further into the shady bar.

OOC: Open for interaction and openly recruiting for the bank heist. If you want to join in, PM me.

• Upvote 5

IC: Akili - Cave.

"This is a really nice cave," Akili mused, still using her Arthron to make out her surroundings as she followed the others.

OOC:

Thought I'd join you folks, if'n you don't mind. :)

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / Cavern entrance

So I journeyed all the livelong day through forest (fresh Ash Bear tracks) and dale (wildflowers) and ice-cold tidal rivers (), and after a while it got dark and started to blow and howl and rain and thunder again. The storm sort of catches me in the open, so when I come up over a particularly high ridgetop and drop down into dense thickets on the other side and see, by flash of lightning, a cave entrance in the nearby hillside, I'm more'n a mite pleased.

Only by the look of things (wee dark shadows in the night, an' such like) someone else has found it first. Actually, several someones. And right away I'm on guard, but they haven't seen me yet and I've got a second or two to think it over before I commit.

I think it over. No you don't get to see my thought processes in action. Too bad.

I drop all pretense of stealth and go marching straight up to the cave, trampling brush and clattering over shale outcroppings and just generally making more noise than a Kane-Ra in an uptown china shop. Also I wave my left arm vigorously and yell "Helloooo there!"

Just so they know I've seen them as well. No cause to make myself look too amateurish.

• Upvote 1

IC Tsuda

My mask of sensory aptitude alerted me to the intruder early enough, were I in better spirits I would've said something. Not to mention, what kind of threat makes that much noise while approaching it's possible prey?

"Ah, Leader. It's a native of some sort." I eye his array of weapons, they combine with his build to give him a rather brutish and lackadaisical appearance. "I'm not sure how intelligent they are, he could be a cannibal for all we know." A fireball forms in my right hand, I will it towards the roof of the cave, near to the native. Illuminating him better for my compatriots without enhanced senses.

...but close to it

IC: Tio - Onu-Wahi - Cavern Entrance

Without hesitating, I pressed past my comrades and readied both my blade and shield.

I was rather surprised by my own action. It seemed instinctual, and now by the way I was positioned it seemed to me that this was natural. I was at the forefront, and the first line of defense between an enemy and my team-mates, "Stay where you are," I said sharply but calmly. While Tsuda addressed the newcomer I continued, hoping he could understand me, "Who are you?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: His own hip

IC: Aar

"Consulting is an option we offer most of our inmates to work off their sentence. We don't 'think' anything, we just figure out what works. If you're not good for one position, we put you in another. Unless you refuse, of course."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: (Tarnok, en route to Ferron's Forge)

Exo-Matoran.

Mechanical marvels, demonstrations of Onu-Koro's engineering acumen. Each one a rugged, durable machine of war outfitted with enough offensive might to support an operation single-handed. Visions of how they could be implemented, used to supplement traditional traditional infantry and cavalry, used as a bombardment tool or an artillery emplacement, all of these filled the Onu-Matoran's head. These behemoths were a force multiplier, a way to given Matoran a boost. To counteract the advantage in brawn that so many species held over them. Hydraulics moved smoothly, motors humming as they worked to move the artificial musculature of these titans. Their Matoran pilots, clad in iron, posturing for the assembled crowd.

Tarnok knew, of course, that that was the very purpose of this demonstration. The exo-suits were, in some places, visibly unfinished and in need of work. They were clearly not far from production, but they were not yet there. Even with this knowledge, however, the sheer gravity of their presence was inspiring. Tarnok felt himself stand a little taller, force himself to move with greater stability. 

That was his purpose, too. The Ussalry needed to be a shining beacon of strength, a light in the gathering darkness. These Exo-Matoran were an extension of that; a tool to bolster morale, augment their faith in Onu-Koro's soldiers. But that augmentation was useless if built on a flawed foundation. The Ussalry itself needed to show itself to be strong.

To that end, the Onu-Matoran turned down a side street towards Ferron's Forge, Uyism flanking him. He had commissioned the smith to repair his arms and armor after the Lesterin's attempted robbery of the bank, but it had been a few days since then. Worth checking in, at the very least, to see if it was done. He had a feeling he would need it soon.

His gait was steadier than when he had last walked this path, and it wasn't as much of a struggle. He noted the refugees nearby, and suspected that the Turaga smith was likely administering aid. Upon arriving he stood off to the side, quietly awaiting a peaceful moment to talk to the smith.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So.

The situation is developing... splendidly. Fireboy Swordsman thinks I'm a brutish cannibal native (and literally said as much aloud, the fool), X-Ray Icegirl is on guard but not overly frightened, and everybody else is just sort of still in the process of realizing I'm here.

And best of all, I haven't even said a word yet and I already know more about them than they do about me. Thanks to someone's little offhand comment that implies a whole lot more than the guy who said it probably realized.

Thanks, Fireboy. I hear your team's new 'round these parts?

ha ha haaa i loooove it even though it's not even useful info

that is, not yet

I squint my eyes against the glow of Swordsman's inquiring reddish flame, and smile crookedly at X-Ray. In a friendly, but vaguely stupid, sort of way. And I make an obvious point of not reaching for any weapons.

No point in pretending I don't speak their tongue. That's an embarrassing and potentially fatal accident waiting to happen.

But the 'big dumb savage' thing, that I can handle easily. You don't even have to have skills to pull that one off; it's the oldest trick in the book. (and btw i do actually have some skills, just sayin')

My voice is hard and clean, masculine, with a definitely exotic accent. Terse but flowing, sparse and deliberate. Brutally elegant, in an oddly hypnotic sort of way.

"Name's Rhuk, ma'am. I'm no threat."

Big. Fat. Lie.

I've already looked the group over, and I know they're doin' the same to me.

My kind, Lesterin, we run on the tall, rangy side of the spectrum anyway, and I'm a shade taller than most, and built. Broad shoulders, heavy-muscled neck, ripped biceps, chiseled abs, blah blah blabbity blah. But not in an overinflated softie gym rat sort of way. In a real-deal military sort of way.

Long and short of it is, I'm an athletic combat powerhouse and I look it.

Yeah that's right, people. Count the scars. Count 'em.

My face...? Well, first you take a skull-shaped block of granite. Then you do basically nothing. Viola!

Sculptors love me, I tell you. I'm an easy one.

I'm wearing a full set of mid-class spec ops combat armor (minus the helmet) and a backpack. There's a great big knife strapped to my belt. I'm filthy. There's grit and mud and pine needles everywhere.

And just like everybody else, I'm sopping wet. Like a drownded rat. Real fun.

Come to me, babes. You know you love it.

IC: Kajak (Onu-Wahi)

Kajak looked at the handle of the knife- a machete?- poking over the- being's shoulder. He looked again as it claimed not to be a threat. Removing his mace from its position on his back, Kajak pointed the weapon at the native's face, his Calix glowing slightly as used it to supplement his strength. "If you're no threat, then why do you have a big fat knife-sword-thing strapped to your back?" he said pointedly.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Tsuda

Name's Rhuk?

Two out of the six toa have already drawn weapons and advanced on the foreigner native. Tsuda might have done so, but the cave was awfully cramped. His ludicrously sword wouldn't have been much use. He was sure there would be another lecture from Kajak about it in the near future

"What an odd way to start a sentence. I can already see the cultural differences. So, who is Name and what is a Rhuk?"

...but close to it

Wow. Okay.

At this point, it's not takin' much effort to make my smile genuine. These people are great.

So first off, some inane Toa of Stone with a Noble Komau (or what looks like one anyway; since when have Toa made a practice of wearing Noble masks?) blusters over and decides that just because I'm packin' a blade (like, who doesn't pack a blade?) I must be out to mercilessly butcher him and his teammates in their sleep some night. Which I'm most certainly not, because mindlessly offing people without a half-decent reason is just asking for trouble, and I've not survived this long by pushing matters that didn't need to be pushed.

I mean, yeah, I am a Darksider. But I ain't stupid. And back to our story, and speaking of such...

It's a good thing ol' Rocky here never took debate class. His logic has less shine and more holes than a rusty sieve, and I can't quite keep the mild disgust out of my voice as I point out the obvious.

"Hark who's talking. Brained anyone with that mace lately?"

Having retorted thus, I swivel my skull slightly and focus on Fireboy. Who is actually being polite.

If just as foolish. In a sophisticated way.

"Ach, sorry. I don't think you understood. I meant, my name is 'Rhuk'..."

IC: (Silo/Onu-Koro prison)

Silo sat back in the cell, munching thoughtfully on some bread while reading a book on projectile weapons through the ages.

Kavala and Danaku were both fools in their own ways, but unfortunately most likely necessary fools.

Kathok

IC: Lehti (Onu-Wahi)

She observed the stranger like everyone else did. He was a Lesterin, but Lehti didn't even know that this race exists, so she sensibly presumed that this 'Rhuk' was a Toa. As such, she was more wary. She stayed behind others and observed him. It was clear that this man was strong, it was painfully obvious to anyone who even glanced at him. She also spotted a few scars, possibly gained from combat. The man seemed calm, so she lowered her guard a little. Enough to make her decide to ask a question. She gestured for others to lower their weapons and approached Rhuk.

"We are looking for a settlement. Those smokestacks over there-", she pointed at the large stone pillars protruding from the nearby hills like branchless trees, "We assumed that there's a city down below. Do you know if this cave leads into it?" Her tone was friendly and calm, but also slightly guarded: she never fully trusted strangers.

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro prison)

He rubbed his chin and considered Aar's offer. "What Consulting positions are available?" He still suspected that this was a trap of some sort.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Akili kept a wary eye on the stranger, but unlike a certain someone whose name started with "K" and ended in "ajak", she didn't think he was a threat. Her Arthron confirmed that he seemed to be on his own. "Stop being mean," she told Kajak, "let's hear what he has to say." 

IC: Reson - Niralle's Estate. 

"About karzdamed time," he muttered under his breath, opening the doors and stepping outside. Curmudgeon was waiting for him at the gate, and soon the two of them were walking side by side back down the street, away from the accursed mogul's pompous estate. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Smokestacks...?"

I ratchet my gaze around and follow her pointing finger until I see what she sees.

And she's right. Smokestacks, of all things. I must have missed them somehow, which was a stupid mistake but forgivable, considering the pouring rain and the pitch blackness and the nearby group of potential hostiles.

I'll have to be more careful next time.

"Ma'am, I honestly don't know. I'm a stranger to these parts. But 'tech' means basically the same thing as 'civilization', don't it?"

IC: (Tarnok, en route to Ferron's Forge)

His gait was steadier than when he had last walked this path, and it wasn't as much of a struggle. He noted the refugees nearby, and suspected that the Turaga smith was likely administering aid. Upon arriving he stood off to the side, quietly awaiting a peaceful moment to talk to the smith.

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"There, that should do it" Ferron assured the last refugee after having mended a gash on her arm. She gave him a tearful nod of thanks and bunched together with a few other refugees to discuss amongst themselves.

Ferron looked around, and spotted the Ussalmatoran standing expectantly nearby. Ferron's face brightened a tad upon seeing him and he stood up to greet him.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aar

"Ah, I'm not sure about that one," he admitted. "The folks at HQ would be the ones to ask. But the general gist of the jobs are things like assisting the armorer, janitoring and the like. Indoor jobs, so you don't run any risk of hurting innocents, you know."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: (Silo/Onu-Koro prison)

Sil suddenly noticed Aar.

"And what about me?" he said, leaning forwards in his seat. "I've been here for ages and there's nothing to do." A week or two, ages, same thing. 

"Y'know Danaku's a highly dangerous thief, right?" he continued, grinning impishly. "Only joking, he couldn't manage to rob a blind turaga, ain't that right, Dan-Dan?" 

His expression turned serious, suddenly; "But really, can't I have something to do? I'm too physically weak without my mask to do much mining, but my brain is functioning perfectly. You probably won't have heard of me, but I'm renown as a tactician. I could be a great asset to your troops."

Edited by Sil

Kathok

No one responds to my comment right away, and I'm fine with that. I don't need anyone's feedback; I know, and that's plenty good enough for me. And anyway I was really only stating the obvious.

I drop the nice guy smile, because my facial muscles are starting to hurt, and simply walk right past Rocky & Co. and deeper into the cave. There's no immediate end to it, and as I turn a corner into darkness I see that Tall Green's suspicions were correct. This thing is a tunnel to somewhere.

It's pitch black, and I'm no Onu-Matoran. I pause to slip a crimson lightstone from my pack. It's cut in a broad, flat shape, something like a chisel head, and fitted with an adjustable leather strap. I cinch it down snugly on my left wrist. Leaves my hands free, and ensures I won't be separated from my light source in a pinch.

Little details, but they get big real fast when the hits the fan.

"You folks comin' or what?" I ask, and without waiting for an answer I step into the tunnel and start moving. Eyes wary, nervous system casually alert. The heavy semi-serrated blade at my belt is a comforting thing, and without breaking pace I reach down and loosen it a bit in its sheath.

I don't look back.

"Come on, let's go follow the creepy stranger into the dark and equally-creepy tunnel," Akili said brightly, following the new arrival. She didn't bother looking for light sources. She was starting to get the hang of using her Arthron, and if she continued to walk slowly and carefully, she was sure he could cope in the dark. 

Probably. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lehti (Onu-Wahi)

She followed others and walked inside the cavern.

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro prison)

While Aar responded to Silo, Danaku considered the guardsman's offer. He wanted to find a way to escape and get to this Vault, for he didn't want to wander in the murky clouds of amnesia any longer. While escaping would still be very difficult, it might be easier to achieve outside the prison cell. Besides, he felt dull after spending so much time inside the same old cell. Any variety would be a blessing. Of course, he still didn't fully trust the guardsman, but he decided to take the gamble. "Sounds good. I think I can manage with simple jobs and such", he said to Aar.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Tsuda

Having a mask of sensory aptitude was a blessing and curse at once. Being gifted with the eyes, ears and nose of a apex predator meant your sixth sense often went neglected. There's no point sensing danger when you can see or hear it, right?

For this reason, the Ta-Toa followed the native into the cave system. Unaware of any nefarious intentions.

...but close to it

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / Tunnel system

The cavern's obviously a natural feature of the land, but as we move on through the long dark passage I start seeing signs of intelligent presence. In some places, debris has been cleared away to facilitate travel; in others, the old scars of pickaxes mark the walls.

I point them out to the group, keeping my voice quiet. Stealth, for me, is pure second nature.

"See here? Prospectors been around, scratchin' the rock. I'd say we're gettin' close to somewhere."

IC: Reson - Onu-Koro

With Curmudgeon still scuttling along beside him, headed deeper into town, eventually finding a restaurant. It was bad for the Ussalry's image for a guard to be caught drinking on the job, so he just ordered a water to drink while he read through the copied files. He'd already skimmed the files on Niralle and Eretas before he'd visited the mogul. He knew he needed to have a chat with the lawyer later, but the files themselves were of no further use to him, so he tossed them down to Curmudgeon, the Ussal devouring them hungrily. 

Finally, he picked up the last file. Nariya... That was name he hadn't thought about in a long time. But it was time to face his past. 

IC: Kajak (Onu-Wahi)

As the Akari walked down into the depths, Kajak, hanging back a bit, pointed out all of the flaws in the construction of the tunnel, how they could have cut the rock more evenly, or made it smoother. or even how the constructors- presuming that they were still around- might maybe have been able to add some form of lighting to the cavern. But he he said all of this in his head Because, y'know, he wasn't weird like other people. Eventually, as the group moved on, he began hearing faint sounds echoing off the rock. The exact words were incomprehensible to him, but Tsuda could no doubt hear them as if they were right in front of him, judging by the glow from his mask.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Reson - Onu-Koro Streets.

It took him a while to figure it out, but he finally realised that there was something missing from Nariya's file. Everything was there, or so he though: hospital reports, birth records, even the lease on her house - it was all there. But there was no death certificate. The revelation hit him like an avalanche. She wasn't dead? 

He staggered to his feet and ran out into the street, heading in the direction he remembered her house to be in. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC:

"I'm sorry to interrupt." The Onu-Matoran began, inclining his head towards the refugees. "Someone should be along to guide them towards a place to stay soon. Arrangements are being made. I wanted to stop by and see if my equipment was ready to be picked up... In light of current events."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"Yes, of course" Ferron muttered, his voice hitting an unusually gravelly note as he inclined his head at the entrance to his forge as a sign for Tarnok to follow him.

Amidst all this, Ferron couldn't help but wonder for a moment if he'd relinquished his Toa Power prematurely. If he hadn't, he would've been able to do a lot more than heal and console the injured and frightened refugees. He could've joined in the no doubt large amount of labor that would commence to accomodate them, and even better, he could go with those who were planning to free Ko-Koro and-

No, no... those days were over, gone. Never again!

"I have a place here," Ferron thought, "I'm not going to jeopardize it another time"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Navaru (Onu-Wahi)

Back when he was a Matoran, Navaru's job was to dive down into the Onu-Wahi cave system to find more sources of Protodermis. The one problem he did have with this job is that he couldn't find his way back again without the help of his friends. And now his "friends" had left him for dead. And he had no idea where he was going.

No matter. He'd reach civilization eventually. All tunnels lead to Onu-Koro, or so they say.

He then realized. He'd spent six days underground without even hearing the faint sounds of another sentient being.

But just then, he did hear something... At last... SOMETHING.

*Maniacal laugh*

OOC: Open for interaction. Navaru has no idea where he is, but he is VERY FAR from Onu-Koro.

IC: Reson - Onu-Koro Streets.

Curmudgeon scuttled after his owner, slowing down only when Reson finally did, outside a quaint little house in one of the quieter districts of Onu-Koro. The Toa stopped, one hand resting on the doorknob. It was locked, of course. He bent down, running his fingers over the scraggly doormat, feeling a familiar bump underneath it. His old spare key to the front door, right where he'd left it over a year ago. 

He pulled it out, hesitant. What if the file was wrong? What if the house was empty? But he had to know. Gingerly, he pushed the key into the lock, and turned it. With an audible *click*, the door swung open, and he stepped inside. 

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / Tunnel network

We keep moving. The tunnel splits and branches a few times, like a maze of sorts, and in each case I go with the path that's got more signs of travel. More wear and scuff marks underfoot, more dents and scrapes on the walls where such things don't naturally occur.

Seems like we're taking a backdoor entrance, for some reason. Just a hunch.

The general inclination is downwards. I don't how deep we're going, but it's quite a ways. Four hundred, five hundred feet?

And after a while, the tunnel we're in levels out and widens a bit. Far up ahead, I spot the distant yellow-gold glint of a lightstone on the wall; a sure sign of intelligent life... and a second after that, my ears start to pick up vibrations. Noises in the earth.

Rocky's hearing it too. I can sense the subtle shift in his gait, the slight tilt of his head.

IC: Navaru (Onu-Wahi)

Activating my Arthron, I detect not only several people in the caverns, behind the wall right in front of me, but a big frequency of vibrations. Perhaps some sort of tunneling Rahi? Or a Toa of Earth who's having a really bad day. Either way, I should probably leave this Great Spirit-forsaken cavern.

And the people who can get me out are on the other side. I use my scythe to break the wall separating me from them.

Never mind destroying the Matoran way of life, I need to get out of here.

OOC: Those people on the other side? Hammerlock, Tsuda, Kajak, Lehti, Akili and Tio.

IC: Akili - Tunnels.

"Ouch..." she stumbled back agaisnt the wall, reeling from a sudden painful sensation. Someone else was using an Arthron. Then, presumably that same someone broke through a nearby wall and into the tunnel the group were in. "Who are you?" she demanded wearily, reaching for her disk launcher. This guy had given her a headache; she didn't like him.