BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Wekar:

'Good, good! Another team member!' Wekar thought to himself. "Pleased to have you with us!" he hopped on Dax and led Uulina to the café.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Jettix

Jettix calmed down as the Ba-Toa approached and said her two bits. He considered for a moment, before nodding her head in agreement.

The bartender had overheard their conversation (mainly due to the Skakdi's tendency to show off), knowing exactly what the Su-Toa would ask him as he gor out of his chair. He jerked a thumb over his shoulder, indicating a backroom down a hall.

Jettix began following the corridor the bartender had indicated, turning 'round and waving a hand to the Toa and the Skakdi, beckoning them to follow.

IC: Aar

"Onepu?" he peered at the paper for a moment, then laughed. "Oh, well, he's the captain of the Ussalry. I don't think that last job there is actually serious." He informed the receptionist about Dan's decision. She informed them that the post was highly sought-after, and that the consultants working it would be doing so in shifts, and thus be making less money/less reductions to their sentences. "Still sound good to you?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro)

He seemed thoughtful for a moment before replying "I think so.. other jobs don't seem as interesting." That was true, but he didn't mention that working in shifts might make transferring items and escaping easier. He wanted to be free, so that he could find a cure for his amnesia. "Yes, assistant armourer sounds good."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC:

So, back to Hammerlock & Co. Gotta keep my character moving; dunno about the rest of ya. :P

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Koro / Main gates

So we walk and walk and the noise gets louder and louder and then all at once, suddenly, we come around another corner and through a vaulted tunnel doorway and step out into an e-nor-mous cavern. And in the enormous cavern, looming above and before and all around us; a titanic labyrinthine hulk of flame and grit and steel and darkness; is a great big underground city.

And I take one look at this sprawling temple of industrial steampunk and fall instantly in love.

"My gawd... it's beautiful."

Edited by Shadowhawk
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Sorry about that, I mostly haven't been able to drag myself away from the wondrous wonder that is Tanks. :)

IC: Kajak (Onu-Koro)

Wow. That's... Impressive, Kajak thought as he gazed out upon the heavily industrialised city, composed mostly of huge iron factories and what seemed to be huts carved out of stone from the cave's surface, flowing gently down into the floor of the cavern. He turned to Lehti, instinctively recognising what she would do if she smelt woodsmoke, and said quietly, "Stay calm, Lehti. Stay calm. We don't want bad relations here, okay?"

VBWj75sh.png

IC Tsuda

Quite the sight! The Ta-Toa hadn't quite expected to find a whole city underground, he felt it more likely they'd find a mining operation of some sort.

"Ah! I love the smell of wood smoke in the morning!" Never mind the fact it wasn't morning. "Smells like hardwoods and some aromatics bushes and herbs." He instantly focused in on a building in the distance, pointing it out. "That, my companions, is the source of this lovely smell! A restaurant by the looks of it."

Having a mask of sensory aptitude made food quite enjoyable, eating the gangly seabirds and seaweed had been an excruciating experience... What he wouldn't do for whatever they were cooking there...

"Say, leader. Have we got any coin?" He had forgotten about the tall, deformed Toa that traveled with them. "You got any idea what the natives use as currency?"

...but close to it

OoC: Finally :P

IC: Lehti (Onu-Koro)

She gazed at the city, in both awe and shock. She had seen towns and hamlets built by plain-dwellers before, but they were nothing compared to this. But she was also shocked to see that these people seemed to live in complete isolation from nature. There were no trees, no sunlight, not a single plant in sight. And worst of all, dozens of forges, numerous glowing furnaces dotted around the outer areas of the city. She dreaded the thought that all of them would use wood for fuel. How many trees had been murdered and burned in the fires of industry? She didn't want to know, for she had made a promise to Kajak. A promise that would be hard to keep.

"Stay calm, Lehti," Kajak said to her, "Stay calm. We don't want bad relations here, okay?" She stood unmoving like a statue for a moment before slowly nodding. "Okay," she mumbled. Tsuda's mention of wood smoke seemed to make her situation worse, but she did her best to remain calm and stable. It wasn't easy, and she was clearly struggling. Already, she despised the entire population of Onu-Koro.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Akili - Onu-Koro.

"You alright?" Akili placed a reassuring hand on Lehit's shoulder, using her powers to gently filter the smoke away from the two of them so the Bo-Toa didn't have to smell it anymore. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reson - Ferron's Forge.

The De-Toa politely knocked once more on the front door, not wanting to be rude and barge in like he had last time. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lehti (Outskirts of Onu-Koro)

A faint smile appeared on her face when Akili placed a hand on her shoulder and when the smell of smoke disappeared. She assumed that the Toa of Air had used her powers to remove the foul stench. "Thank you", she said to her in a grateful tone, "I just.. hate to see people disrespect nature in such way. It's like witnessing someone mock your god and everything you believe in.." She sighed wearily.

Some of her anger had settled, but now she also felt the unfamiliar emotions stir once more. Something about Akili caused this, but she didn't know what. Maybe I should talk with Kajak about this, she considered before turning to face her. "I'm fine, I just need to steer my thoughts elsewhere and ignore this tragedy.. only then I can keep my promise to Kajak. That's all." She didn't seem to believe her own words.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Koro / Main gates

I listen quietly to the hushed conversation happening just behind me, but I keep my apparent outward focus directed discreetly elsewhere. Tall Green, Small Green, an' the rest of 'em, don't ask my opinion, and me, I don't venture to give 'em one. I've had a sight enough practice in overhearin' subtle little things I maybe oughtn't to; I know when to keep the mouth shut and the mind active.

This is all very interesting.

Suddenly, I has an exceedingly nefarious inspiration.

I take out a rather large, wooden(!) toothpick and stick it between my sturdy front teeth and commence to workin' at the enamel with it, all casual and thoughtful-like.

After a moment it breaks in half, with an audible snap. I make a lazy little noise of irritation and toss the fragments into the dust. Then I grind them automatically under my boot heel, like maybe my brainstem thinks they're actually a burned-out cigarette butt and my frontal lobe is too dang busy to object otherwise.

This whole time, I pretend to be very interested in the fine scenery.

IC: Navuru (Onu-Koro)

Did... he just pick his teeth with a piece of wood? So I've met the reincarnation of my good deceased friend the nutjob Skakdi dentist?

OK.

Turning my attention away from those reprobates, I notice a Toa of Stone in which I believe was the street I lived in. He wears a Kakama, which to my memory is the Mask of Speed. Of course, we have the "It's just in the shape of" complication. So it could really be anything. I go down the street and search for my house.

IC: Aar

"Alright." He took a paper from the lady and a pen and held them out to him. "Sign at the bottom. Doesn't have to be fancy, just write your name however feels most comfortable. In doing so you acknowledge that you're under the Ussalry's juristiction and that you've accepted the position of your own volition." As he explained, the receptionist wrote down that he was going to fill the armorer's assistant position. She informed him his shift would be from noon to 3, and then from 6 to 9. In between shifts, he was to remain inside the HQ, and remain in sight at all times. The prison was off-limits to him as well, unless he struck out and ended up back in there.

IC: Kehuri

His shift guarding Lash ended. "I'll see if I can get you some space," he assured her, then left, another Toa taking his place.

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"No one expected this to happen. Makuta was gone." The Onu-Matoran replied, carefully strapping his equipment back on. Chest armor first, then his limbs, each segment fastened carefully to his body. His knife belt was next, circling his waist and being cinched tightly. His saperka was secured to his back, and finally he picked up the last item. The newest addition, actually; the grenade belt he had taken off of the defeated bank robber.

He swung it over his shoulder and under the opposite arm, fastening it like a bandolier.

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"I agree" Ferron said, still thoughtful.

Then, he took a deap breath, and managed to lift his head a little higher.

"Put your weapons and armor to good use, Tarnok. Goodbye for now"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Hi Petewa, welcome to the BZPRPG  :)

The Turaga of Iron looked up to see what appeared to be a young Po-Toa (another one?), enter his forge. He was clearly confused about his location, a situation Ferron recognized pretty well.

"A newcomer, I take it? Well, you're in Onu-Koro, the City of Earth, and you're in my forge. I'm Turaga Ferron"

He offered his left hand to the Toa.

"Is there anything you need?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The De-Toa politely knocked once more on the front door, not wanting to be rude and barge in like he had last time. 

Seeing that someone had just pushed past him, gone inside and struck up a conversation with Ferron, Reson decided that being polite was overrated and followed the newcomer inside, waiting impatiently behind them for the pair to finish talking. 

IC: "Where, exactly, would Onu-Koro happen to be? Geologically speaking, that is,"

"Well... underground, naturally. If you meant geographically speaking, then Onu-Koro is the farthest northwestern settlement on Mata Nui.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kajak (Onu-Koro Outskirts)

Prepare for a fight, Kajak. We don't want a fight. Get in there and break it up. The best way to end a conflict is to prevent it from beginning. 

The words of an strange voice- rough and gnarled, and yet so, so wise- echoed dimly through Kajak's head like the memory of a memory, and he took action.

Some people may have expected him, being the dynamic leader of the Akari, compared to the quieter, more reclusive members like Fionne and Tio, to have immediately taken out his mace and given the native a solid thwack in the head to stop Lehti from going over-the-top in a frenzy of anger.

But he didn't. 

The greatest warrior never needs to fight.

The Toa of Stone placed a hand gently on Lehti's slender shoulder, and whispered "Remember what I said, Lehti. Remember."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Navuru (Onu-Koro, Navuru's home)

"Hmm. I remember it being bigger."

Being much taller than I was six days ago, I hunch my head to avoid banging it on the ceiling.

Like most Matoran huts, it is only one room, with various stones around the place. There is a carving of the Kanohi Hau, or the Mask of Shielding on the wall, which is generally considered the symbol of Mata Nui.

There is a medium-sized hollow statue shaped like a Mahi on a stone slab. I grab it, turn it upside down and shake it. Widgets fall out of a small hole on the top. I take the Widgets and leave. Banging my head on the top of the door-frame on the way out.

"OW!"

OOC:

So I'm movin' on naow, people... movin' on. Thanks so much for the superb character development opportunities. :)

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Koro

So, short story even shorter, Tall Green doesn't, like, suddenly freak out and start screaming hysterically, or try to tear me apart with her bare fists, or anything else particularly intriguing. Maybe she didn't notice the toothpick gesture; but what's more likely is she did, and she's simply got more wisdom, more self-control, than I expected.

Or maybe it's all the fault of her Most Noble And Absolutely Reeking Of Much Calmness And Understanding team leader, who right now seems more inclined to pat Little Miss Treehugger's shoulder soothingly, than to actually unlimber his war club and come get some.

And oh what a shame it is. Fighting is so much more interesting than politics, don't you agree?

but seriously this is pointless and potentially dangerous what the ###### am i doing ?

And right then and there I decide it's high time to shut down this peculiar little episode of my life and move along. We're in urban jungle now, and so I've got no reason at all to stick with Rocky & Company. I work best alone, and anyhow, if one thing's for certain sure, they're not my kind of people. If you know what I mean.

I always did take to shadow.

So I take a step to one side, making a rather obvious point of distancing myself from the group. Then I wink cheerfully at Small Green, snap an annoyingly sloppy salute in Swordsman's general direction, and turn around and make tracks for the nearest seedy-looking backalley tavern.

I've got an entire island's worth of facts, gossip, and breaking news to track down. And I'm dog-tired, covered in filth, running low on trail munchies, and absolutely completely dead broke.*

It's gonna be a loooong night, folks.

*(they do use money here right?)

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro)

He was a bit disappointed to hear that he wouldn't be allowed to leave the building, but decided to take the job anyways. Work sounded much more interesting than sitting in a cell doing nothing, and his sentence would also be shortened. "Alright", he replied to Aar and grabbed the pen. It felt strange in his hand, and he wasn't sure how to write. After a moment of uncertainty and confusion he asked the guard "How do I write 'Danaku Ran'?"

OoC: I missed your post Shadowhawk, why didn't you send me a PM? :P

IC: Lehti (Outskirts of Onu-Koro)

She didn't notice what Hammerlock/Rhuk was doing, for she was lost in thought. When Kajak put a hand on her shoulder and tried to calm her down, she snapped out of it and responded "I promised to you not to cause any trouble. You promised to me that you would never harm a tree again. You have kept your promise and I will keep mine." She sighed wearily, and changed the topic. "Anyways, what will we do now? Find the leader of this city?"

IC: Oliphko (Wise Man's archive)

These symbols apparently are just gibberish. I've browsed a dozen books about writing and symbols yet I've found nothing even vaguely similar to these symbols. Except one sentence, which is written in Ta-Wahi dialect with familiar symbols. "A true servant of the Great Spirit must seek Aporu of Ta-Koro, who will serve the faithful and reveal the meaning of the words" Huh, so it's not gibberish. Well, now I know where I need to go, but it can wait. I stand up, put the books back on their shelves and leave the place. Time to return to Ferron. And begin my training. I should be happy or excited, but instead I'm anxious. I hope it will go well..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Where, exactly, would Onu-Koro happen to be? Geologically speaking, that is,"

"Well... underground, naturally. If you meant geographically speaking, then Onu-Koro is the farthest northwestern settlement on Mata Nui.

IC: "Umm...what's Mata Nui?"

"That's the island you're on right now. As far as I can tell, you're yet another amnesiac who's washed up on the shore with no memory of who you are and where you come from. Am I close?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kajak (Onu-Koro Outskirts)

The Po-Toa scratched his head, making thinking sounds as he did so. "We don't know if this city even has a leader," he said cautiously. "And even if they do, then the leader might be someone who'd be better to stay away from. I'd say the best course of action is to find out what currency they use here, find out where we actually are, and the state of things- we wouldn't want to go wandering into a death-trap of darkness, after all. What do you guys think?"

OOC: Akari players, I want all of the members to respond to this. :) Kajak's not a dictator. :P Not like Tahu

VBWj75sh.png