BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (Nuparu’s Hut)

There was a long moment of silence, followed by the matoran pulling a palm shrug and blowing a raspberry.  With it, the aura of the ambassador popped like a bubble around the quirky Informant.  He became himself, fully and irrationally. 

“News?”  Ishi responded.  “Why, I’m just here to report the usual: no news.  Surely no news is good news.  If nothing else, he’s been keeping silent about your repair deal.  Oops, slip of the tongue.  I forgot our green friend is unaware.”  Giggling at Kongu’s reaction, he stole Nuparu’s swivel chair.  The room turned several times before Ishi found his gaze again on the village leaders.  “How juicy.

“The name’s Ahkmou.  I could certainly get news from Akiri Hewkii, but what I’ve got is more interesting, I’m sure you’ll think.  Nothing like a little news about the followers of Makuta, eh?  Or better yet, about what’s behind that Abettor.  So, what do you say from one gearhead to another?  I mean, you could put me in chains and torture me, but I'd be so bored at the lack of ingenuity, and pain these days seems to have lost its edge –“ he waved a hand --  “comes with the territory.  Ten toes is all I got left, unless you were thinking of taking teeth. Echelon stopped with the fingers.   You see, my friends, I have a proposition."

He rode the chair back toward the desk, then hopped up next to the half-finished inventions.  A gear rolled off the desk and clattered about the stone floor.  Half sitting, half standing, he crossed his hands in his lap and grinned.  It felt good to act naturally.

“I want Ambages the Architect dead, and asylum in your villages.  And, for once, our goals seem aligned.  For that, I’d gladly provide some illumination to your mysteries, and continue my efforts to stay one step ahead of Nightfall: who killed Matoro, for instance, or where Echelon plans to attack next.”

Edited by Kughii

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - Onu-Koro (Shady Bar)

The self-proclaimed Terror Twins each shot a momentary glance towards the other before grins stretched across both of their faces.

"Well now," Taranis said as they walked towards one of the adjacent walls of the room before dusting off two chairs and taking a seat. "That would depend on what you're currently planning on doing, wouldn't it?"

A steady stream of smoke emerged from Tenjin's mouth and shot towards the ceiling as he waited for the Toa to reply.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Akiri Kongu - Onu-Koro

"Why the Architect?" Kongu asked flatly before Nuparu could respond, "You want us to kill Ambages so you could give us information we could likely obtain through other sources and to grant you immunity within our homes from others on the island. That seems to be quite the proposition. It sounds to me like you are less interested in playing a part in these 'interesting' events and more like you want to ruffle some feathers," Kongu remained in his place next to Nuparu's desk, "So why the Architect?"

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (Nuparu's Hut)

"Good question," Ishi remarked.  He appraised Kongu's quick thinking and tactical questioning before answering, "simply answered, Ambages is a threat to everyone.  He's a Peer, and involved in the death of Akiri Matoro by association.  He's sunk uncounted coin into a growing political monopoly.  And he tricked me once, not to mention Echelon.  A rogue millionaire bent on the destruction of a Great Spirit is not to anyone's benefit.  Have you paid thought to what'd happen if he actually killed a god?  Imagine the breakdown to faith and social order.  It'd be anarchy, for a time.  Religion and faith holds so much of our society together, keeps so many of your warriors battle ready.  Where'd their faith go when the object it was placed in turns out to be a charlatan?

"As for other sources, I wonder whom you're speaking of?  Not the Hapaka by any chance, I hope.  He died a few weeks back, crushed under Echelon's heel after trying to outwit Makuta's messiah.  I think his head is on a stick somewhere these days, but that was when the Pact was on the road.  The whisperers on this island are a small lot, and sadly most have turned their eyes away from your cause.  What spies do stick around in the light tend to have a habit of getting false information.  It's nice to be thoroughly dark sometimes: I have a clearer perspective of things where all you see is murk.  Informants go with the winning hand, where profit is most likely to be made, and you're not exactly winning if losing an entire wahi is anything to judge by.  Let me guess; you came to Nuparu seeking his Ussalry in a counter strike?  Resistance is futile, my friend.  Ko-Koro is lost, unless you have someone keeping you one step ahead of their plans.  I've offered myself as that someone."

Ishi paused, refocusing his mismatched gaze to include both leaders.  If the conversation would continue in the same vein of direct communication, he had one more question to answer.  "I want asylum, my good akiri, because I want to be safe when I visit your villages.  A Makuta worshiper in today's climate is not openly accepted, and Ko-Koro is too dark and melodramatic for me.  Indeed, I still believe in the Master of Shadows, but only because his strength lives on.  Do I follow his wishes and perform his works? No, I've given up on my shadier ways, and hope to turn my talents to a better cause.  I'm lonely, to be honest.  Lonely, and ready to change.  I'm tired of being spurned as an outcast by both camps, tired of not being able to go exploring the island without someone pelting a rock my way, and I'm tired of being tortured all the time.  I'd rather have a comfortable hut in exchange for information gathered on a regular basis."

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

Nuparu had been silent until now, cowed by the visitor's apparent knowledge of his... transactions with hitherto unmentioned parties, but he wasn't staying silent now.

"Readily admitting that you're a Makuta worshipper, and trying to make us see you as our only option doesn't help your cause, 'Ahkmou'," Nuparu said, "why should we trust you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The inside of the bar was dark, mechanical beings of a wide variety of heights occupied its numerous tables, and the dim light reflected off their colorful armors, casting bright shapes amongst the shadows.

Uulina recognized this bar, though she hoped deep down nobody recognized her, or what she had done to get so promptly ejected from the building last time.

She kept close to her guide(?), wearing her false confidence like a well-fitted mask.

that is to say, wearing it like another well-fitted mask...

OOC: (oops, i was, uh, i'm not sure what made me lose track that time? dang, i need to get on top of this. dX )

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC Sade                            dozen

Biting back a comment or two for the crude skakdi-twins, the Ko-Toa turned back to the seeming leader of this little meeting. "Mind explaining this playdate?" She dragged and tossed the unconsciousness Ko-Toa out to a nondescript corner while speaking, eventually coming back and taking a seat, slightly outside the little orbit surrounding the aged Toa.

...but close to it

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - Onu-Koro (Shady Bar)

"Challenging a pair of conjoined Skakdi when they have you out-matched in both Vision Powers, weaponry, and the ability to use their elements, are we? Clearly you don't descend from the more intelligent side of our race," Taranis said. "Maybe your companions should tighten your leash a bit before you go starting any unnecessary trouble."

"I wouldn't mind taking the loud-mouth outside and beating a lesson or ten into him, brother," Tenjin said as he began tossing a ball of lightining up and down in his hand. "It's been a while since those Sentinels gave us some exercise." 

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Jettix

Okay, this was getting out of hand.

"Nobody is killing anyone here and risking this operation, alright?" He turned to Skebran. "You. If I hear another outburst - no, another sound from you that is not 'yes, sir' or 'no, sir' I will personally melt your face into slag."

He faced the entirety of the group once more, sizing them up silently before continuing.

"For those who've just arrived, I take that you are all interested in earning a reasonable amount of profit, though I hope you're not squeamish as to the method of acquisition."

He cleared his throat.

"The idea is simple: we're going to the bank to make a rather large withdrawal. Now, the Ussalry isn't going to be too happy when they hear that a Class-B felony has occurred, nor will they be too pleased when they hear the exact amount of the withdrawal. I'm hoping we'll all be able to finish banking, leave the building and get out of the Wahi without landing behind bars, humiliating ourselves by dying, or having Akiri Nuparu personally tear our limbs off.

"Oh, one more thing - no killing of any sort. Class-B is risky enough. I don't want to have to deal with Class-A material. Part of the reason why I want no hostility between us here. The more innocuous and inconspicuous we do this, the better chances we have of getting away rather clean. I don't want them to know our faces were the ones who robbed them, if we can help it."

He looked around the room again, his gaze finally resting on Skebran.

"Are we all square?"

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (Nuparu’s Hut)

“Trust was the last thing I expected you to require, Akiri Nuparu.”  Ishi responded.  “However, I understand the circumstances.  I am, after all, a believer in the Great Spirit Makuta, and his works have left your people cowed in fear for over a century, despite his so called defeat at the hands of the Maru.  What swayed me so long ago was power, and Makuta had plenty – far less to share, I learned.  Still does.  The Maru may have won the battle in Mangaia, but at this rate the war for Mata-Nui is slipping once more into his hand.  But, I’m off on a tangent, and you asked a specific question: why should you trust me? 

“Admitting who I am is part of trust, Akiri, or is that not how heroes do things anymore?  A toa should be honest; why should I hold myself to any lesser standard?  I said I was lonely and ready to change.  You’re looking at a new me.  Faith is a fickle thing.  Maybe saying was a believer would’ve been more appropriate, but it’s all just semantics.  After so long being a pawn for one god, pained and spurned and mutilated, I want nothing more than to become a follower of his brother.  I’ve seen the error in my ways, but one can’t simply walk away from the Great Deceiver.”  Ishi shook his head sadly, encapsulating the pain and betrayal he’d felt when Vera left her mark, and the fierce trauma of antidermis eating away at his body.  “I tried once, living as an outcast, even plotting against Makuta: but that backfired with Ambage’s trickery.  It took returning to my old haunts to right those wrongs.  Now, I want to work for the right side.  And that’s why I’m your only option: I’m not brokering for wealth: I’m here for redemption.  I don’t need to ingratiate myself in Echelon’s court: I’m part of it.  I don’t need to seek the locations of dark secrets: I know most of them.  I don’t need to worry about what the Abettor hides: I’ve been there, and saved Joske’s life to boot.

”Ishi winked at the startled faces of the Akiri at the mention of the fire-spitter.  “Oh, yes, he’s back.”

“If you require more proof in trusting me, all you need do is ask.  Give me an errand, use my knowledge, or consult the fire-spitter you hold in such high esteem, and then make your judgments.  I'd prefer nothing too, shall we say, explosive.  If you won't give me asylum, at least let me walk freely and seek refuge elsewhere."

Ishi rose as he finished speaking and leaned against the wall of Nuparu's Office.  The stone was cool against his back, even as he felt the heat of the moment boiling his blood.  Everything in his new body revolted against his words, sought to slay both Akiri and flee back to the shadows.  Sought to feel their blood splatter across his mask, hear their death cries echo in his ears, taste the sweetness of success in spreading chaos.  But instead of fulfilling baser cravings, he conveyed an outward placidity unbecoming of a psychopathic murderer.  He was, if nothing else, being entirely honest in a literal sense.  It took practice.

He had plenty of practice.

Edited by Kughii

IC: I shake my head, raise hand goodbye to Matoran and Ussal, step toward the Ussalman. We stand alone. Can't have serious conversation in the herd.

I think.

"Some are right," I tell quietly. I fall into Onua's stance, legs spread stably, hands drawn to shovel and head watching out from under the hunch. Straighten. "Using his Earth is using a quake."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

The De-Toa gave only the faintest of nods as he followed, ignoring the protest from his weary limbs. Ussalry Headquarters wasn't far away, and he could likely sit while he aided in the search. If not, he would simply rest when the chance arose. There wasn't any time to waste.

"Do we know anything about the man she's looking for? Or how it pertains to her parents?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

Nuparu was looking attentively in Ahkmou’s direction as he laid out his reasons for why the Akiri should include him. It was highly suspect, the invocation of Joske’s name in particular.

Nuparu had no reason to believe Joske Nimil was still alive, and no sources to tell him otherwise. It sounded like something Ahkmou was doing to heighten his own stature in the eyes of the Akiri. Secondly, he had implied that even among his supposedly fellow Makuta followers he had been tortured for information, which sounded an awful lot like not even they trusted this Matoran to be completely accountable.

Nuparu felt like he was out of options at this point. On the one hand, he probably couldn’t trust this ‘Ahkmou’ to be completely honest. On the other, their plans would (hopefully) benefit from whatever knowledge he could provide.

"Alright," Nuparu said hesistantly, "we’ll accept your aid, on a few conditions."

"One: if your information turns out faulty or less than you’ve made it out to be, we don’t owe you anything."

"Two: Until such time that you have proven your honest intentions, you are to stay under strict supervision, and not leave the City."

Nuparu leaned over his desk and stared with hard eyes at Ishi.

"Do I make myself clear?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Akiri Kongu - Onu-Koro - Nuparu's Office

Kongu looked at Ahkmou with a similar hardness, "The island is under duress Ahkmou," Kongu began, "Do not force the island to turn against you. Even a beaten down Mauka still has a bite," his eyes softened, "Not a threat: A warning."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3uB5cejJA

IC: Oceanna Gallywix 

Onu-koro is known for a lot of things, but one of them isn't music. Yet you find people of all sorts in the underground village, and this young, rebellious guitarist was no exception. Oceanna sat in an alleyway of no particular importance, playing a tune on her guitar, humming a melody as she did. She didn't look like much, other than the absurd amount of tattoos covering her limbs that on closer inspection looked like what some would say a lot of taboos, she was rather ordinary looking. 

But she was anything but ordinary. 

OOC: Open for interaction. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (Nuparu's Office)

"Crystal as a dasaka's armor."

"The island's been against me for a long time, Kongu," Ishi said after a moment's hesitation.  Shoulders sagging with the weight of admittance, he gave a breathy sigh and continued, "but I'm looking forward to things changing."

Even in his youth Ishi felt the loneliness and isolation Mata Nui had to offer.  Orphaned in Po-Koro, then made a token child by Alerick Polzin because of his prodigious mind.  The youngest of three adopted siblings, he spent his days spurned and alone.  From then, things only ever got worse.  After a point, the isolation became a haven, something to seek when relationships with friends became too strained.  It was a place to bolster himself against the wars of Pathos and Logos.  He'd always been too emotional.  It showed as he looked back at Kongu's softening expression.  

"I'll abide by your decisions, Akiri.  Nuparu, Kongu, how can I start proving myself? Ask, and I'll say whatever I can.  As for being under supervision, am I assigned guard and allowed to wander Onu-Koro, or remaining under house arrest?  I'd like to be able to enjoy the bazaar on occasion."

IC: Onepu - Nuparu's

The Captain of the Ussalry entered the building in time to hear Ahkmou's final statements. Opening and closing the door quietly, he approached from behind. He shuddered as he took the speaker in. He couldn't place it, but something about him caused the very depths of his being to reject him. 

"A new ward?" he asked gruffly. His demeanor quickly warped into a business-casual tone as he turned to face Nuparu. "I apologize for my tardiness. Who is this?"

IC: Kehuri

"I'm not interested in power," he said, unintentionally bluntly. He quickly apologized, then continued hesitantly. "Sorry. But, is power all that's left of Onua? It might win battles, but Onua was a Toa of wisdom, not of force."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord