BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC - Cotan:

"The tunnel doesn't go directly to Po-Koro, and if he was wondering on his way to the Koro or caught a boat to Ga-Koro, messages would likely have been delivered quickly enough that the village guards will be looking for him. Don't forget that this guy wants to remain hidden, it's the only way that he can work his trade." Cotan glanced into the tunnels once more, wishing that he could be in Le-Koro instead for a short moment.

"It's really easy to hide in these tunnels. Easier than anywhere else, and criminals have been making their homes down here for a long time...let alone whatever other beasts and such have lived down here. I say let's do what Rodyr suggested, and don't stray too deep, if we want to be able to find our way back...but we should look down here first. It wouldn't be a wise decision, by my estimation, for this guy to have immediately high-tailed it for the surface." Having said his piece - and with Rodyr already in agreement, it sounded like - Cotan started to move down the tunnels, lightstone in his left hand and holding his sword in the other, ready to fend off any unwelcome attacks.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Ussalry HQ)

"Much obliged," he said simply, seeing the arm reach around him in his peripheral vision and adjusting his own accordingly so that the Tiokaha would grab nothing but air.

Turning around to face the newcomer, he found himself suddenly glaring up towards where the being's face actually was, not seeming to care tremendously about the height difference between them. Truth be told, he was already thoroughly annoyed by the action as it was; the fact that they were already inside the Ussalry building was the only thing holding him back from previously grabbing said arm and flipping his ### over his shoulder and onto the floor... but not without colliding into and going through the desk first.

"Go get your own bounty notice," he said, pointing back towards the direction of both the door and the board before attempting to make his way around him. "I don't do babysitting."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Flabbergaster

"Ohh, I'm sorry, ma'am." He said in a worried voice and a slight bow before heading through the inner door with a huge grin on his face.

If Dahrak was expecting to get around him.... He had some very weird sense of proportion. Flabbergaster's bulk, not to mention his already massive frame, was going to be an issue for anybody. He proceeded past the guard with little worry as to if this fellow somehow found a way around him other than through his legs... And even then, that was risky enough.

One of the clerks seemed a little less busy than the others, and it was to this one that he strode up and darkened the area of the room. "I am looking for information on the criminal listed on the wanted ad posted right outside the door to this building."

Resisting the sudden urge to simply reach up and clock the other being straight in the windpipe as he realised that he had grossly misjudged their size, Dahrak simply followed them in through the second set of doors before ducking off to the side the first chance he got. Wandering off to find his own guard to talk to and catching sight of one that seemed like they were just about to go off-duty, he walked over to them and held out the flyer as he prepared to open his mouth.

"Any chance that you could point me towards the officer in charge of the this case?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Azureus

After several minutes of awkward silence, Azi yawned and said, "welp, I'm off to get a drink", before dashing out the door in a rather comedic manner, and over to the bar, where he proceeded to order a see you later, cheese and crackers.

OOC: Azi OFI

Edited by Makaru

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

IC Flabbergaster

"Ohh, I'm sorry, ma'am." He said in a worried voice and a slight bow before heading through the inner door with a huge grin on his face.

If Dahrak was expecting to get around him.... He had some very weird sense of proportion. Flabbergaster's bulk, not to mention his already massive frame, was going to be an issue for anybody. He proceeded past the guard with little worry as to if this fellow somehow found a way around him other than through his legs... And even then, that was risky enough.

One of the clerks seemed a little less busy than the others, and it was to this one that he strode up and darkened the area of the room. "I am looking for information on the criminal listed on the wanted ad posted right outside the door to this building."

IC: Ussalry Clerk (Ussalry HQ)

"The Volitak-wielder? There isn't much else to say, really. He broke into a house, stole something and we think he's hiding in the tunnels somewhere. Especially since the Ussalry is so occupied with watching the highways and the entrances to and from the Koro itself nowadays, manpower for patrolling the tunnels has been in short supply."

Resisting the sudden urge to simply reach up and clock the other being straight in the windpipe as he realised that he had grossly misjudged their size, Dahrak simply followed them in through the second set of doors before ducking off to the side the first chance he got. Wandering off to find his own guard to talk to and catching sight of one that seemed like they were just about to go off-duty, he walked over to them and held out the flyer as he prepared to open his mouth.

"Any chance that you could point me towards the officer in charge of the this case?"

IC: Ussalry Guardsman #2 (Ussalry HQ)

"'Fraid I can't help you there, I think your companion's got the right the idea, though" came the Guardsman's curt reply.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC - Cotan:

With Thodir and Rodyr following close behind him, Cotan strode confidently through the tunnels, his eyes constantly scanning the area he could see with his lightstone, ears open to any sound beyond that of his own party, and his other sense slowly attuning to the feeling of the air currents deep in the tunnels. Should there be any sudden and undue disturbance close enough to them, Cotan especially would be able to feel it. It was nowhere near as useful as a Fe-Toa's ability to sense, say, their quarry's weapons, or a Toa of Sonics being able to pinpoint somebody by the most miniscule sounds...but it could still work for him.

However, there were obvious angles he couldn't see, while the two behind him probably could; just loud enough for Thodir and Rodyr to hear (but not enough so for his voice to carry down the tunnel), Cotan spoke up again: "Rodyr, you haven't noticed anything behind us, have you?"

OOC: Something something here you are frederick

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

"He's not my... ugh," Dahrak tried to say as the guard left, only to grab the bridge of his nose, close his eyes momentarily, and shake his head in annoyance.

Begrudgingly walking back over towards the Tiokaha that fate had apparently decided to try pairing him up with, he listened in on their conversation for a bit before coming to notice that nothing was being revealed that he didn't already know. While the thought of handing the other being information on a silver platter irked him to no end, hanging out all day inside the Ussalry wasn't exactly his idea of a good time either.

Figuring that it was about time that someone asked the sixty-four-thousand-dollar question, he sighed, only to open his mouth and finally say:

"What exactly did the thief make off with? And who was the target of the theft?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC:Wasuka

Wasuka leant in close as possible to Ranir without it getting awkward as Azureus arrived.

"Remain quiet, maybe he won't notice us." she whispered.

​IC: (Ranir)

"I think he's already too drunk to notice us anyways. Let's leave before he sobers up."

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"The victim was Wiremu, consultant to the Akiri. The exact nature of the stolen goods hasn't been made common knowledge, I'm told it's classified, but I can tell you to look out for any papers or documents you may find on the culprit"

IC: Kanonu

Once Azureus left, Kanonu sighed. As always...

"So" She turned to Ferron and pointed towards the mess left by the explosion. "Would you like me to help you clean up?"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"I'd appreciate it" Ferron replied.

"Does your friend do this often?" he asked

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kanonu

"I've known him for roughly 3 days." Kanonu replied as she picked up the broken gun that Azureus blew up. "But yes, he's been using his Kanohi power quite often. It can get annoying after some time."

She put the gun aside, making sure not to step on shards and the piece of floor Ferron used to cover himself from the explosion. "Didn't you have someone like this on your team? So many stories suggest that it's common among Toa teams to have at least one...erm...hotheaded person on their side."

Classified...?

"Did the thief know what he was looking for specifically? And if so, who else besides him, the Akiri, and the victim knew of both the existence and location of these... documents?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Classified...?

"Did the thief know what he was looking for specifically? And if so, who else besides him, the Akiri, and the victim knew of both the existence and location of these... documents?"

IC: Ussalry Clerk (Ussalru HQ)

"We suspect the thief knew what he was looking for," the clerk concurred, "I don't know who has the clearance and who doesn't."

IC - Cotan:

With Thodir and Rodyr following close behind him, Cotan strode confidently through the tunnels, his eyes constantly scanning the area he could see with his lightstone, ears open to any sound beyond that of his own party, and his other sense slowly attuning to the feeling of the air currents deep in the tunnels. Should there be any sudden and undue disturbance close enough to them, Cotan especially would be able to feel it. It was nowhere near as useful as a Fe-Toa's ability to sense, say, their quarry's weapons, or a Toa of Sonics being able to pinpoint somebody by the most miniscule sounds...but it could still work for him.

However, there were obvious angles he couldn't see, while the two behind him probably could; just loud enough for Thodir and Rodyr to hear (but not enough so for his voice to carry down the tunnel), Cotan spoke up again: "Rodyr, you haven't noticed anything behind us, have you?"

OOC: Something something here you are frederick

IC: Thief (Onu-Wahi Tunnels)

Within the tunnels, there were many parts long since abandoned or ignored. Generations of miners, diggers and, more recently, Onu-Toa on patrol had hollowed out a vast network underneath Mata Nui's crust, that stretched underneath the surface of every Wahi on the island. Step off the marked highways, and you would very soon find yourself thorougly lost in an immense labyrinth.

But our thief didn't have that problem. He already knew where we was going, and was carefully making his way down the tunnels in a pretty leisurely fashion. With his Volitak active, he could walk normally, not worrying too much about Rahi beats getting too close, or faraway footsteps indicating approaching pursuers.

Then again... those footsteps behind him were alarmingly persistent.

Down here, in the underbelly of Mata Nui, his metal sensor was thrown off balance by the odd ore deposit still untouched, and he had to be careful to check if whatever he detected actually moved... and he found something that did. They had gotten a hunt on fast, it turned out. Perhaps that rest beyond the highway was ill-advised after all.

He had to get rid of his pursuers, and thankfully his employer had given him a few things to keep on top of any pursuers.

He deactivated his Kanohi, and let the sound of his steps suddenly spring out of almost nothing. After having made his escape through the northern tunnels, he'd made a sharp turn west, and was now travelling into some of the colder parts of the underground, edging into the underground of Ko-Wahi.

He was running, now, letting the sound of his footsteps do the job for him as he ran around a bend in the tunnels, and happened upon a small tunnel clearing, expanded out into a small cave.

Within the cave, a huge pile of wood was waiting. Recently placed there by all indications, and pretty clearly meant for the lone torch mounted on the wall nearby.

The thief grabbed the torch, and tossed it at the wood pile, which flared up in an instant emitting a big, glowing flame that lit up the cave and a decent stretch of both entrances out of the cave.

The thief nodded to himself, and then disappeared to a faint shimmer again, as he reactivated his mask and began moving further down the tunnel, letting the sound of his steps stop with the bonfire.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:Wasuka

"Aye, lets." she nodded, standing up slowly and carefully, offering Ranir her hand.

IC: Rodyr

Rodyr shook his head. "No, not-"
Footsteps. Somewhere further ahead.
"Seems we're onto something." he muttered near-inaudibly to himself. "I'll take point, I have an idea. Try to keep up, but don't be too loud about it." Rodyr stepped to the front. Raising his own weight through his gravity powers, Rodyr activated his Miru, pushing off the floor at a running speed, pushing off the walls with his hands, serving to control his movements and accelerate himself further a little. Doing so also made him virtually silent. And making himself silent made it much easier to follow the footsteps of their target.

Rodyr raced down the tunnels like this for a while, increasing or decreasing his own weight as he went to accelerate or decelerate, before spotting a glowing light around the next bend. He did not disable his Miru for the final approach, even though planting his feet down would certainly make for a decent brake. No, doing so would be too noisy, and Rodyr was planning on employing his stealth as much as possible. Instead, Rodyr reduced his weight to virtually nothing.
After all, how far did a feather go when thrown?
Essentially becoming an airbrake, Rodyr stopped in just a few feet, increasing his weight once more and slowly moving forward. A large fire. A distraction? No, fire made one, continuous noise as opposed to the steady, recurrent thuds of feet. And this fire didn't look at all old.
No, Rodyr was on the right track.
Lowering himself to a near-horizontal position, his Miru still active, he skirted the edges of the cave, the lack of distance between him and the wall meaning his own form, against the light of the fire, masked his shadows. Rodyr skirted to the far side before righting himself, exposing just enough of himself to peer down the opposite tunnel. Maybe their target was close.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Seeing that he had pretty much exhausted his supply of questions, the Po-Toa leveled one more of his own towards the guard, not planning to stick around much longer unless the other being he was apparently with still had a few he'd like to get off his chest.

"Where can I find this... Wiremu, you said his name was?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Thodir

"Here we go..." Thodir raised himself off the ground, flying at a rather reserved pace through the air after Rodyr to preserve their stealth. When they both arrived at the fire, Thodir knew they were on the right track. He swept forward quickly, and with a thundering voice, bellowed "Show thyself, thief, and surrender!" With all his might, Thodir channelled his lightning through his hammer, creating arcs of electricity covering the entire other end of the cave and down the tunnel, but going nowhere near his companions.

IC: Rodyr

Rodyr turned, his face expressing nothing but utter disbelief.

"Y-You just--now he knows we're on his tail!" Rodyr grumbled, turning back, lifting off the floor again and taking off down the tunnel.

IC: Wasuka

Restraining a giggle(to remain unnoticed), Wasuka led Ranir by the hand, well clear of the pub. They probably forgot to pay, but nobody had seemed to notice them and that was an issue for another time.

"Well, uh...where to now?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Seeing that he had pretty much exhausted his supply of questions, the Po-Toa leveled one more of his own towards the guard, not planning to stick around much longer unless the other being he was apparently with still had a few he'd like to get off his chest.

"Where can I find this... Wiremu, you said his name was?"

IC Flabbergaster

"In the case that we can't bring him back alive," He said, "Is there any specifications as to the disposal?"

IC: Ussalry Clerk (Ussalry HQ)

"Since his house is a crime scene, Wiremu is not at home right now. We've chartered a temporary stay for him at the Golden Pickaxe inn, under guard. I can get you a pass to see him, if you need it."

"We have a preference for live prisoners, but if you can't, just get back what he stole"

IC: Kofo-Jaga (Tunnels)

But it wasn't a distraction. In reality it was a beacon, but a beacon for someone other than them. In the depts of the cold tunnels, sources of heat were few and far between, and highly sought after, and a big one like this... irresistible.

Scurrying legs carried them quickly through the tunnels towards the heat, forging forward with raised pincers and twitching tails. There it was... but two-legs were scuttling around it, keeping it to themselves obviously. They had to go, now.

The only warning the three hunters got was a piercing cry, and vague silhouettes of glowing eyes and snapping pincers fading in and out of view in the fire's light crown. Their numbers were undetermined, but clearly substantial.

IC: Thief (Tunnels)

Upon hearing the piercing shriek, the thief flashed a satisfied smirk to himself and kept walking. The Vo-Toa's blast hadn't gone far enough, not when an angry Kofo-Jaga got in the way.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Thodir

"Oh please, he was already aware. Or do you really think his sudden change of tactics, within earshot of us mind you, was a coincidence?! Now help me with these beasts so that we may continue our chase!" Thodir sent an arc of lightning at the feet of the rahi, intending to drive them off without having to resort to harming them.

Edited by Oko the Matoran
  • Upvote 1

"That would be much appreciated, as would directions to said inn as well."

Despite struggling not to facepalm at a volume high enough for every guard in the building to hear after the Tiokaha had seriously just asked one of them as to how he should properly dispose of a body, he was actually liking his chances that his investigation attempts were actually beginning to lead somewhere.

Seeing as to how the thief must've gotten his knowledge about the documents from somewhere, the next thing I should do is to go question the victim. Given that the list of names who even knew of their existence should be fairly short, not to mention all of them having at least some type of residence within Onu-Koro, due to whatever was stolen being classified and all, that should be my next priority. If I can find anything on one of them that might lead me back to the perp, or even acquire the vaguest detail concerning the actual purpose of said documents, I might just be able to figure out where he's going instead of simply following, and potentially losing, his trail like those other three try-hards. And if I can get one step ahead of him, then it will be that much easier to set a trap and catch the #######.

The one thing that everyone conveniently forgets about ######## is that we tend to know how other ######## think. Have fun playing around in the dark, Karz-Heads.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"The Golden Pickaxe inn can be found two turns to the right after you take a left outside the door here," the clerk replied as he wrote out a notice for them on a piece of parchment. He handed a sealed envelope over to Dahrak, and nodded.

"You'll find an Ussalry Guard inside the lobby. Show this to him" the clerk instructed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Flabbergaster

"Many thanks."

Dahrak's little scheme had one problem - or, one potential advantage, depending on how you look at it, and if he decided to use it to his advantage. Flabbergaster was either going to stick like glue or possibly try to knock him off track, and while the first could go either way, the second was definitely negative. "Come along then, and don't stray too far."

He moved out the door trying to hold in laughter.

Looking over the parchment and tucking it into his armor, he nodded in appreciation towards the guard, only to scowl as he eventually turned around. Unfortunately, the note he had written out for them made mention of two beings, which meant that if the Po-Toa were to ditch Smough over here, the officers in charge of protecting the witness likely would try to detain him for being an imposter rather than simply letting him pass.

So for now, at least, he would have to play nice, but that didn't necessarily mean that he had to like it.

Just wait until we're outside the village proper, ######. We'll see who's laughing then.

And with that, he proceeded to follow the Tiokaha back onto the streets, giving his ### a wide berth as they travelled towards their intended destination.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Toa Vranii

The Toa of Gravity silently strolled through the streets of Onu Koro, his head kept down. As he walked, he accidentally bumped into a drunk Toa. "Watch it," Vranii said, lifting his head to get a better look at the Toa.

OOC: Vranii attempting to interact with Azureus.