BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

• 5 weeks later...

IC:

"... the Keeping Place, near the Kini Nui. You'll be able to find it, and you'll know it when you see it. I hope to see you there."

The Matoran gave a friendly smile and a nod, turning and stepping down a hallway away from his conversational partner. He had seemed taken off guard, and more than a little confused. But that was to be expected. The others had been, too, and Lekua had been a little more receptive to the idea than some. He didn't know, not yet, but he was confident Lekua would come. It was necessary that he did, and if nothing else, the Matoran thought he'd gotten that message through. They all knew, now. Every one of them. Some would no doubt be on the move already.

He hoped they were swift enough. There were preparations to see to, now.

Before Lekua could look down the hallway, the Matoran had gone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Praxis

Nothing like a cold beer after a day of hard work... is what Praxis would have thought if he ever did anything deserving of the label 'hard work'.

Even still, he enjoyed his undeserved beer. The joint wasn't too bad. Lots of unsavoury types in the pub - perfect for him, if anyone had a bounty on their head.

Maybe then he'd deserve his drink.

OOC: Praxis open for interaction.

• 1 month later...

IC:

What was a Toa of honor doing in a place like this? Some would say Lathon wasn't a Toa of honor. He wasn't like most good Toa who didn't kill. They followed the Toa code. Not Lathon however. When he saw an act of evil he put a stop to it, or he died trying, and that meant taking out the one causing pain to innocent lives. His entire team had been slaughtered by vicious Skakdi years ago. He'd been forever changed that day. Now, he spent his days in places like this. Places where the other unsavory pieces of scum here wouldn't judge him for his inner demons.

"I'll take a ale please," Lathon said as he stepped up to the bar. He looked over at the Toa (PRAXIS) next to him. He was a Toa of gravity, Lathon hadn't met too many Toa of gravity.

"Long day friend?" he asked.

OOC: For Praxis

• 3 months later...

OOC: Korero and Oreius from Ko-Wahi

IC (Korero, Le-Koro)

The citizens of Le-Koro were by now accustomed to a white flash of light heralding their Toa Maru's arrival, by virtue of his Kanohi Hiko's teleportation. Usually this was an inspiring sight: a reminder that the spirit of the legendary Lewa lived on in their new protector. This time it was decidedly more grim.

The Toa of Air dropped out of thin air a metre above one of the Koro's main platforms, hitting the wooden surface in an unedifying tumble. Screams rose from onlookers as they saw the second form that had appeared with him: Oreius Maru, barely conscious and bleeding from several deep wounds.

Two guardsmen rushed to the scene.

"Toa Korero! Is everything — "

"Get me a medic!" Korero shouted hoarsely, then caught one by the arm as his comrade hurried away. "Is Kongu in the village? I need to speak to him. Now."

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC

Oreius groaned, his exhalation carrying the only sound his body could make to communicate the pain that surrounded him, pierced through him. His blurry eyes strained to follow shapes and lights, but focused on nothing. If pain could be a colour, this one was red; it was scarlet, almost black, an agony deeper than the roots of the mountains. 

A light cut through the bloody haze, searing his mind with yellows and greens and blues, like spots thrown by faceted gems. The yellow of the noonday sun. The green of jungle trees. The blue of falling water under a clear sky.

Inu spoke, in his own way. 

Oreius. I will not let you die. 

Edited by Eyru
  • Upvote 1

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-Koro

Kongu was about to enter his offices, when the flurry of Gukko wings captured his attention. He looked up to see Forcemen riding them, waving to him desperately. "Akiri Kongu!" The first one started, as he landed his bird, "Korero Maru needs you in the southern square!"

Kongu wasted no time. He whistled, and Ka - his own mount - stepped towards him. "What's bad-wrong?"

The Forceman continued, as Kongu and Ka kicked off the ground, making their own flight to the square. "Oreius Maru is injured!" Kongu gritted his teeth, and held on as Ka accelerated through the air, blurring by the people and huts below. The pair bobbed and weaved around the branches of the upper canopy, before spotting the small crowd below.

Kongu let out a loud whistle to the people below, and they parted for him as Ka swooped down for the landing. He dismounted his Kahu, and calmly - but quickly - began making his way to Korero. There were murmurs and hushed voices as the Akiri moved to the circle. But one question stood out. "Where's his mask?"

He looked at the Toa of fire ahead of him. There was Orieus, mask-less, in a slowly encroaching pool of blood. Kongu felt his jaw clench, as medics descended upon Oreius. Kongu rushed to Korero, looking on as the Forcemen moved to stop the bleeding. "What's happened, Korero?"

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

• 2 weeks later...

IC (Korero, Le-Koro)

Korero's relief was visible as Kongu descended astride Ka, but he remained tense. There wasn't much time.

"Ko-Koro," he said, keeping his voice low but urgent. "He was fighting one of the Nightfall — not just fighting, it looked like a duel. I don't know why, I don't know what he thought he was doing, this wasn't the plan — "

The young Toa stopped himself, taking a deep breath and forcing himself to slow down. He spoke again more calmly.

"I left to find my Sister and Brothers and bring them to Ko. Oreius wasn't there when we got there. We found — we think we found the location where they're keeping the hostages. The others moved on it, while I went to find Oreius. I just hope I got there in time."

He glanced over his shoulder to where the Gukko Force medics were lifting his Brother onto a stretcher, then shook his head and looked back to Kongu.

"I have to go back. The others need my help. But even with my mask, I don't know if we can get them all out in time. We might need an extraction."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC [Le-Koro platforms]:

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance?"

Another had walked up to the Akiri and Toa Maru. The Matoran wore a Zatth and his shoulder bore tribal markings. A Gukko Force insignia was affixed to his armor, denoting his rank. 

"We can have the squadron sky-soaring by the time Korero Maru has flash-jumped back to Ko." first tamer Sisk offered.

OOC: Well, well, look who's back ^^

• Upvote 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-Koro

"We can, and will." Kongu conferred. He gave Sisk a warm smile, and a friendly squeeze on the shoulder. "Prep the Force." He glanced at Oreius as he was rushed away. "Oreius will be taken care of - and we must make haste." Kongu turned back to Korero, looking into his eyes. He assessed the eyes of the Maru quickly. His days as a leaf-runner taught him many times not to miscalculate the state of his allies, and in a situation as dire as this, there could be no mistakes in trust. Yet, Korero had kept a cool head, despite the condition of his friend. Kongu saw no reason to course-correct.

"Tell me where we should fly." Kongu asked, reaching for his light-flare, handing it to Korero. "We will hold there, and await your signal. Unless you have another plan - you know more than I, after all."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC [sisk - Le-Koro Platforms]:

"Akiri." Sisk said, bowing his head in a quick nod, then turned and hurried back to the Gukko Force HQ. His leg was still protesting a little against the sudden change from walking to running, but it had it's full mobility back and whatever lingering effects there were would pass soon enough.

A few moments later he came back up to the entrance of the large, domed building housing the guard and their Rahi companions. The sentries at the door came up to meet him. "What's going on? We heard Oreius Maru - "

"- will be fine." Sisk finished for them. "Sound-send the signal. Kongu wants birds and riders out of their nests and in the air. We're flying North."

They nodded and he passed them, listening as they relayed the order while he moved through the headquarters lobby. As he moved down the central corridor leading to the rookery, the sound of horns rose outside, and the building erupted with activity. Matoran rushed from their quarters or wherever else they had been to get the Gukko and Kahu birds ready for flight, if they weren't already. Just as he entered the central chamber with the nests for the birds, the large gates at the far side were pulled open, flooding the room with bright light, causing the Rahi to stir and soon enough there was a cacophony of noises all around.

Amidst all this, Sisk approached one particular Kahu bird. It squawked happily upon spotting him and greeted him with several pokes of its beak. He returned the favor by scratching the Kahu by the throat.

"It's sure-certainly been a while, eh Skyscratcher?"

• Upvote 2

IC:

"--Korero back in the village--"

"--Oreius dying--"

"--heard he's dead--"

"--tried to kill--"

"--heard he lost his mask--"

"--I heard--"

"--heard the Akiri's headed--"

"--main platform--"

Bingo.

He didn't even need to use his mask to get through the crowds. He was big enough, and moved with authority enough, that all he needed was a steely gaze and well-placed shoulder to break the throng like a heart on prom night. A couple folks gave a look and, yeah, he knew what he looked like, but come on. You try running across the island all day and see how put-together you look at the end of it.

Or close to the end.

He blinked sweat out of his orange eyes, but they didn't deceive him. He couldn't help but gasp, just a little.

Wasn't everyday you got to see a Maru in the flesh.

"Korero Maru. Akiri Kongu," he said, reaching up to take his hat off, and forgetting that he hadn't been wearing one. "Sorry to barge in like this. Private Rynekk Simul, Po-Koro Sentinels. I've got some information about Ko-Koro you might like to hear."

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Korero, Le-Koro)

The spirit of the Gukko Force, exemplified by Kongu and Sisk, never failed to reassure and inspire Korero. Though he and the Force were not officially affiliated (and indeed, Korero was the only Toa Maru who had never served in a Koro military) they shared a symbiotic relationship as protectors of the treetop city, cooperating wherever they could in their mutual duty. That reassurance touched him now, giving him new strength to face the dangers ahead. Whatever may happen, he could count on the windflyers of Le-Koro.

He was about to give Kongu the rallying location he'd asked for, but stopped short as the unfamiliar Po-Toa approached.

"Korero Maru. Akiri Kongu," he said, reaching up to take his hat off, and forgetting that he hadn't been wearing one. "Sorry to barge in like this. Private Rynekk Simul, Po-Koro Sentinels. I've got some information about Ko-Koro you might like to hear."

"Go on," he acquiesced, with a guarded nod. "But you'd best make it quick."

IC:

Rynekk returned the nod, stepping towards the Maru and the Akiri with his hands up, fingers spread, trying his best to show them that he meant no harm.

"I was part of a recon team sent into Ko-Koro," he said, "under the leadership of Commander Skyra Daring and ex-Lieutenant Krayn Inzaka. From an informant inside of Legacy, we found that Echelon is in possession of something called Antidermis -- some sort of substance that alters someone who's exposed to it. Gives them new powers. Or changes them, physically. But he's also got a derivative of the substance, created by a Turaga that they call the Elder. Apparently it gives Matoran access to their elemental powers. Highly addictive. It was used to...."

The Toa levelled his gaze at Kongu for a moment too long.

"... well, it was used on Akiri Ambages. Then he was taken away by one of Echelon's goon squad. Presumed dead. I'm sorry, sirs."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

What was a Toa of honor doing in a place like this? Some would say Lathon wasn't a Toa of honor. He wasn't like most good Toa who didn't kill. They followed the Toa code. Not Lathon however. When he saw an act of evil he put a stop to it, or he died trying, and that meant taking out the one causing pain to innocent lives. His entire team had been slaughtered by vicious Skakdi years ago. He'd been forever changed that day. Now, he spent his days in places like this. Places where the other unsavory pieces of scum here wouldn't judge him for his inner demons.

"I'll take a ale please," Lathon said as he stepped up to the bar. He looked over at the Toa (PRAXIS) next to him. He was a Toa of gravity, Lathon hadn't met too many Toa of gravity.

"Long day friend?" he asked.

OOC: For Praxis

IC: Praxis

"Oh yeah, most definitely. Nothing like starting and ending a hunt by drowning yourself in the cheapest swill."

It was unclear whether he was sarcastic or serious.

• 2 months later...

IC:

"Not really." The strange Matoran gave a faint shrug of his shoulders, turning and starting down a much quieter hallway. "It depends on who I'm speaking with, often. I speak with people in bars strangely often, I find." 

His little joke done, accompanied by a faint smile, he looked over his shoulder to make sure Lekua was following.

"Speaking of, your friend Stannis turned out to be quite important didn't he? Do you mind if I ask how you felt about that?"

IC:

Lekua's curiosity overcame his misgivings. He followed.

"Stannis is important, yes," he said carefully, "but I'm far from it. So - who are you, exactly? What do you know about Stannis's companions?"

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"Quite a bit, though later than when you knew them, I think." The Matoran allowed, smiling faintly. The hallway he had chosen was much quieter than the main one, without a soul in sight from one end to the other. The sun was just beginning to reach its apex, casting the hall in mottled light and shade through the leaf-crowded windows. He stopped just short of one and peered outside, seeming not to pay much mind to his companion for a moment. "But I think you misunderstand the question. I'm not here to talk about them, though they're not irrelevant. I came to talk about you."

"How do you feel, knowing Stannis was important when his companions were not? Envious? Irritated? Does it bother you, Lekua?" His eyes, in the corner of their sockets, found their way back to the other Matoran. "Are you as resolute in your Duty now, despite little recognition?"

Edited by Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

There was a time when Lekua would have answered the question without hesitation, but now--

He was unsure of the stranger's intentions. How do I "feel"? Is this some kind of psychology test? An interview? He had no interest in either, and besides, the feelings that this Matoran claimed interest in were not so straightforward as they had once been.

Thoughts Lekua had not pondered in months swam through his mind as he crossed the hall to the window where the Matoran stood. The city bustled below.

"Duty, that was always Stannis's big thing. I don't know if you've met him, but..." With a faint smile he glanced at the stranger, but he couldn't gauge his companion's reaction. "Hm. Unity was pretty convenient, until it wasn't. Destiny--" He shrugged. "It's pretty meaningless, I guess. Me and Stannis were on the same path, we thought, and now I'm here and he's, you know, Stannis." A pause. "Lepidran too, and, well..."

He was still having trouble getting a read on this guy. There was more he could say, but - "I'm sorry, I still don't know who you are."

Q2TtLEz.png

IC:

"I'm quite familiar with Stannis' philosophies." 

The Matoran sounded a little... Amused, at that. A smile briefly crossed his face at the recollection, eyes passing over the bustling village below. If he was concerned by Lekua's curiosity, he didn't show it; or acknowledge it, for that matter. For a few moments he seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. Then he turned his head to look at the other Matoran directly, drumming his fingers against the window sill he leaned against. 

"Many would be jealous. Those without much regard for the Virtues, mind you, but they might feel cheated out of similar fame. Despite your seemingly dim view of the Virtues, you seem principled." A beat, and the drumming ceased. "If I told you that you were needed again, would you listen? If I told you another group required your presence?"

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 1 month later...

IC [sisk]:

There was a noise like a gust of wind rushing through the treetops above the platform the Akiri and Toa Maru were standing on, but growing louder and more distinct instead of merely passing. A moment later, the source of the noise became clear as Gukko and Kahu began to fill the sky and circle above in a holding pattern. One of the larger birds descended and landed at the edge of the platform. 

Sisk hopped down from Skyscratcher's back and approached the Akiri. 

"Ready when you are, Kongu."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IC:

"That you are needed," The Matoran answered, flashing an enigmatic smile. He shrugged a little, as if in acquiescence, and lifted a hand palm-up in the same motion. "Perhaps not for something as grandiose as Stannis, but no less important. If the Maru needed to protect the body, then I suppose you could say that you're needed to restore the Spirit. I've already met with your companions for this task. I imagine a few of them have already reached the Great Temple, though they won't know where to go next. Yet."

"Join them. When you get to the Temple, you'll find them there. And me, once I tend to a few other matters. I'll show you all to the Keeping Place when you arrive." His smile widened a little more. "Your own Destiny isn't meaningless, if you can have faith one more time. I have to be on my way."

The cloaked Matoran pushed off from the railing, taking a few steps away from Lekua before looking back over his shoulder. 

"I trust you'll be there, Lekua?"

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 4 months later...

IC:

"I don't suppose I've ever been known to refuse summons from mysterious strangers, so--"

Lekua jumped in surprise at a tap on his shoulder, and he turned to see Cyclone's head pushed through the open window. The bird's black eyes watched him expectantly. Lekua shook his head and scratched the bird's feathers with a soft chuckle.

He turned back to the visitor. "I don't know about faith, but you've got me curious, and I don't expect you're going to give me any straight answers unless I show up to your party." He shrugged. "I'll be there."

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Kunitu

She wasn't on duty or anything.

And the woman was paying.

"Sure, let's go."

IC: Silene

"Awesome~" Silene sang as she strut towards the nearest pub. 

IC: Silene

The two Toa arrived at the nearest pub. At the counter, Silene ordered herself the sweetest, fruitiest drink possible, she then turned to Kunitu. 

"What will you be having friend? Remember I'm paying~" 

Edited by Monika

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Rynekk returned the nod, stepping towards the Maru and the Akiri with his hands up, fingers spread, trying his best to show them that he meant no harm.

"I was part of a recon team sent into Ko-Koro," he said, "under the leadership of Commander Skyra Daring and ex-Lieutenant Krayn Inzaka. From an informant inside of Legacy, we found that Echelon is in possession of something called Antidermis -- some sort of substance that alters someone who's exposed to it. Gives them new powers. Or changes them, physically. But he's also got a derivative of the substance, created by a Turaga that they call the Elder. Apparently it gives Matoran access to their elemental powers. Highly addictive. It was used to...."

The Toa levelled his gaze at Kongu for a moment too long.

"... well, it was used on Akiri Ambages. Then he was taken away by one of Echelon's goon squad. Presumed dead. I'm sorry, sirs."

-Void

IC [sisk]:

There was a noise like a gust of wind rushing through the treetops above the platform the Akiri and Toa Maru were standing on, but growing louder and more distinct instead of merely passing. A moment later, the source of the noise became clear as Gukko and Kahu began to fill the sky and circle above in a holding pattern. One of the larger birds descended and landed at the edge of the platform. 

Sisk hopped down from Skyscratcher's back and approached the Akiri. 

"Ready when you are, Kongu."

IC (Korero, Le-Koro)

Korero exchanged a grim glance with Kongu, then looked back to Rynekk.

"Thanks for the intel, Private," he said, with a nod of appreciation. "You're not the first to tell me about this 'Antidermis' stuff, but it sounds worse with every telling. And to lose another Akiri..."

He sighed and shook his head.

"It doesn't change the mission, though. No matter what happens, no matter what powers we find ourselves up against, we are getting those hostages out of there."

The Toa of Air closed his eyes for a moment, his mind's eye flitting through an encyclopaedic knowledge of the island for a suitable rally point. The best option duly presented itself.

"Go to the Taiheke Ridge," he told Kongu. "The eastern side is out of sight of the Koro, but your scouts should be able to spot the flare. I'll send it up as soon as we get the hostages into the open."

Korero began to walk away, already summoning a mental image of the Ko-Koro rooftops to feed into the Kanohi Hiko, but paused after a few steps, and turned back to face Kongu and Sisk.

"Safe winds, my friends."

The Toa Maru knew he was asking a lot of Kongu and the Gukko Force. Ko-Koro had become the most dangerous place on the island, even more so with the Legacy now undoubtedly on high alert, and they would probably be prepared for an attack from the skies. Which meant that in all likelihood, some of Kongu's people would not be coming back. Putting people in danger didn't sit well with Korero's instincts, but these were soldiers, and the lives of civilians were at stake. The Force were prepared for this. They all knew what they'd signed up for.

Do you?

Let's hope so.

IC: [sisk - Le-Koro center]

The Matoran wanted to say something encouraging or uplifting, to let the Maru know they could count on the Gukko force. But he couldn't think of anything suitable, so he settled for simple nod of acknowledgment. 

See you on the other side.

He had always been driven and given his best efforts for Le-Koro, but it had always been with a wink, smile and quip on his lips. Now, going back into battle after such a long time out of commission, he only felt grim resolve. He thought of the friends he'd lost in the past, and those he'd fallen out of touch with. Leah would be up in Ko-Koro, his best and at times only friend. And she would be right where it was the most dangerous. He couldn't remember the last time he'd spoken to her. But he was determined they would speak again.

As Korero turned to leave, he remounted Skyscratcher and waited for the Akiri. 

IC:

"I don't suppose I've ever been known to refuse summons from mysterious strangers, so--"

Lekua jumped in surprise at a tap on his shoulder, and he turned to see Cyclone's head pushed through the open window. The bird's black eyes watched him expectantly. Lekua shook his head and scratched the bird's feathers with a soft chuckle.

He turned back to the visitor. "I don't know about faith, but you've got me curious, and I don't expect you're going to give me any straight answers unless I show up to your party." He shrugged. "I'll be there."

IC:

"Excellent. I'll look forward to it." The Matoran turned and gave a nod, the hints of a smile pulling at the edges of his mouth. He continued back down the hall, adding before he turned the corner and disappeared from view; "You'll have all the answers I can give. You have my word."

And then he was gone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 7 months later...

IC [Sisk - Le-Koro central platform]:

The tamer watched the Toa Maru disappear. His feelings did a little roller coaster, going through the optimism of knowing the Maru were on their way to help, before the gravity of the situation sunk in, of having an entire village taken and fortified by villains. He forced himself to put those doubts aside. He needed to stay focused, his people were counting on him. His friends were counting on him. In his minds eye, he pictured Leah, standing next to her brothers against a dark, shadowy horde. Yes, he was needed, along with every other helping hand available.

With renewed resolve, he pushed his heels into Skyscratcher's side. The Kahu reared, flapped its mighty wings and began to rise. As it did, Sisk reached for the horn attached to the saddle, raised it to his lips and blew, giving the signal for the Gukko Force birds circling above to move out.

Skyscratcher arced sharply up, shooting above the jungle canopy in the span of a few seconds. As they cleared the trees, Sisk looked around, noting with pride the dozens of other riders forming up around him, astride their Gukko. Once they were all in formation, the flight leads turned north, the rest following on their wingtips. Ahead of them, Sisk saw the mountains loom. 

OOC: Sisk and co. to Ko-Wahi.

• Like 1

IC: Big Sleep (Pala Koro)

Rahkshi's blades flashed in the orange light, accompanied by the din of warfare and the screams of men and beast alike.

A gauntlet shone in his left hand, tipped with claws just like theirs— perfect to stop their staves. Perfect to rip Kraata out of faces. 

A rumble through his bones, as the charging Kane-Ra's musk passed him in a wave, barely ducking out of the way in time.

He brought a greatsword to bear. If I wanted to play chicken, he'd stick a huge lump of sharp rock in its way. See if it was so willing to gore him then.

The taste of metal, of bile, as he held his burning side, both scared to look down and potentially see his guts spilling out and unwilling to take his eyes off of the Tarakava's baleful glare.

A spike of crystal formed in his hand. He'd put those eyes out. He wouldn't let this thing kill him. He refused to die. Not here

The swelling flame in his chest overpowered the shock of its fangs going through his flank.

It forced his bones to steady against the bull's promise of deadly reprisal.

It drew a howl from his throat that matched his shadowy foes'.

It consumed him.

Deep within a small, rickety village, one pair of emerald eyes suddenly snapped open.

It was... morning. Mid-morning.

Morning? That wasn't right. He'd settled down against the wall for a nap in the afternoon. Warily, he scanned Pala-Koro's interior, looking for a read of his situation. He found... nothing much. Nobody much. The Vortixx, Kythera, who he'd had a close and cautious eye on. Kunitu, the Gukko Force member that he'd met on the road. Esao, the man of the jungle that was chief of staff in rebuilding this place and now their foremost firefighter. No sign nor sound of any of them. This lead to Tarex's first waking thought in four years.

...Where did they all go

OOC: Don't see any way to format fonts lol

helo frens

IC: Ackune (Pala-Koro)

"Wait."

The blind smith nearly dropped his tongs as his head snapped up, eyes unforcused as he gazed directly into the wall ahead. His voice was hoarse, partially from the concentrated heat from his ever burning forge, partially from sheer shock.

"You were alive this entire time?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

The Toa of Crystals, having followed the encouraging sound of metal striking metal, shared the smith's confusion.

He blinked. Something was wrong. It didn't add up, and he felt his spine begin to tense.

"Yes."

His voice came out in a guttural...rasp? That wasn't right. Had he inhaled a gust of wind from the desert to the north during his little nap? It felt no better speaking than it had on the road, dragged into a conversation with the bird-tamer.

He heard a storm of wingbeats in the distance. A thousand of them, furious and direct, all headed for the Northern Peaks. Like an oncoming hurricane, there was no individuating each bird's sound—it registered as a dull, faraway roar at the edge of perception's limits. You'd never hear it if it was just one. But mass them in dozens, in hundreds... thunder would roll even through the clearest of skies.

Gukko Force movement. It had to be. The Gukko Force was mobilizing as if the end times themselves were upon them, without sparing a single wing, to be heard from this far away. What in Karzhani was happening to register such a massive response? Had a whole second horde of Rahkshi stormed into the light?

Maybe that woman... Kunitu, maybe she was amongst them rather than being here.

Kunitu. Fisherman. Vortixx. Esao. Right. 

"Did everyone here leave last night?"

helo frens