BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Good lord, this is about as subtle as a trainwreck... on a boat :P

IC: Colx (Le-Koro Fitness Center)

"That's still a few millennia away, sweetheart." Colx growled lowly, caressing Vrina's cheek gently, his eyes continuing to glow.

"But stop thinking about the future, think about right here and now" he continued as he held onto Vrina's eyes with his own, a dashing smile opening for his teeth to catch the last waning rays of the setting sun. Before Vrina could protest, he'd pulled her close for a kiss.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

"What are you looking at?" Viima said to Zeth. "Help him! You can counteract Varan's powers!"

Viima leapt forward himself and threw his razor-disk as he had done is so many battles before. The disk flew fast and true towards its mark, which was Varan's mask.

IC: Vrina

Vrina was about to speak up when she found herself held tightly by Colx. She did not resist nor protest but instead allowed the kiss to run it's course. She eventually broke away and smirked

"How about we... 'retire' now? As you said it is getting late."

She said with the slightest of smirks upon her mask

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"My thoughts exactly" Colx replied, guiding Vrina to the appropriate door at a slow, but firm pace.

"A pretty good ending to an otherwise average day" Colx thought to himself as the door closed behind him.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The next morning

Vrina managed to slip into the kitchen without disturbing Colx while he slept and began to prepare a cup of coffee, hoping the aroma would wake him up. However even while doing this she seemed to have a chipper... glow about her as she completed this menile task

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

When Colx woke up, prompted to do so by the darn sunlight prodding at his eyes like tiny needles, he immediately realized something was different about this morning. He smacked his lips absent-mindedly, trying to figure out what it was. Then it hit him.

For the longest time he’d had to wake up with a bitter taste in his mouth, and given how large said mouth was, it was a pretty rough awakening.

Colx was used to being rough, it was one of his many talents, but too much of any one thing was never good; having a large mouth didn’t mean you couldn't still end up stuffing it, which lead to suffocation and then…

“Whoa, that took a drastic turn.” Colx thought to himself as he reached the logical conclusion of his epiphany, shuddering at how quick he’d been to reach said conclusion.

But something was different; namely, the taste in his mouth. It was more bittersweet, the taste of someone else mingling with his own… he smiled.

He got up, stretching, cracking several joints, and feeling his large, impressive spine shiver a little. When he moved, he felt a minor bout of tiredness seep into his muscles, but it was the comfortable, easy sort of tired.

He looked out the window, shooing away a bird from the windowsill with his Impact Vision. The smell of a morning pick-up hit his nostrils from the kitchen; making his spine wobble like a palm tree in a hurricane (it’s called “exaggeration”).

He propped himself against the side of the door, grinning at Vrina.

“Morning”

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina turned out suddenly when she heard Colx speak to her and offered a rather wide smile

"Well hello there spiny one.. Hopefully I did not wake you up too early? I just wanted to do something nice and felt coffee would suffice."

She walked over to Colx and handed him a mug filled with a rich mocha coffee that gave off a pleasant sweet scent

"Hopefully you do not mind mocha? I saw that you had some creme and thought it would be a pleasant addition."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"That'll work" Colx replied accepting the cup with a slight nod, noting when he took a drink that the bitter aftertaste only lingered for a short while before the sweeter nuance took hold again.

"How are you feeling?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina shrugs gently

"Well feeling refreshed to for one.. Like just a burst of energy persay."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Chivinix

Chivinix could feel that he couldn't move his feet whatsoever. However he could still move his arms a bit as he concentrated again. Sending off another blast of energy at Varan

Vrina blushed ever so faintly under her mask which came off as a warm feeling on her hands. She laid a hand gently on Colx's back and offered a gentle smile

"Well.. I personally did not do anything too strenuous today, However you know one day you shall not be able to endure as well as you used to?"

IC Viima

(Le-Koro):

"What are you looking at?" Viima said to Zeth. "Help him! You can counteract Varan's powers!"

Viima leapt forward himself and threw his razor-disk as he had done is so many battles before. The disk flew fast and true towards its mark, which was Varan's mask.

IC: Varan

Varan managed to dodge the blast once more, but the razor disk caught him off guard and sliced through his mask. In a shower of sparks and purple, wispy energy, the mask split in half and fell to the ground.

Varan had lost his Kanohi.

A horrific scream sounded from Varan as he pulled his hood completely over his face in terror. His powers began to go wild, and a gravity storm emerged. Trees and leaves began whipping around and pulling themselves apart. Everything swirled around Varan in a massive torrent of destruction. As he fell to his knees, amidst the chaos, Kaama (doing his best to remain unseen and unheard) courageously rushed forward and ripped the satchel from Varan's back; he then cut a hole through the platform they were on and dropped down through it, and disappeared.

But Varan, as strong in fear now as in rage, took no notice. He simply continued his screaming.

Edited by Bioni-Man

OOC: Losing your mask weakens your powers, not enhance them. I guess Varan's are just spinning out of control though?

IC Viima

(Le-Koro, Hut):

Viima had expected his disk to hit its mark, but Varan's reaction came as a total surprise to him. It was almost like he was now so full of shame about losing his Kanohi that he was falling into a state of rage unheard of, mixed with desperation and grief. Though weakened, his powers remained activated, causing disruption in the space.

Amidst all this, Viima saw Kaama escape. We can't have that, can we? Viima thought and approached the hole. He was lucky to catch his razor-disk as it flew back to him. A second later it would have been impossible due to the gravity powers emitted from Varan.

"Take care of the Toa!" Viima shouted to Zeth and Chivinix. "I'll get the Matoran!"

With that he leapt down the hole, after Kaama.

OOC: Losing your mask weakens your powers, not enhance them. I guess Varan's are just spinning out of control though?

IC Viima

(Le-Koro, Hut):

Viima had expected his disk to hit its mark, but Varan's reaction came as a total surprise to him. It was almost like he was now so full of shame about losing his Kanohi that he was falling into a state of rage unheard of, mixed with desperation and grief. Though weakened, his powers remained activated, causing disruption in the space.

Amidst all this, Viima saw Kaama escape. We can't have that, can we? Viima thought and approached the hole. He was lucky to catch his razor-disk as it flew back to him. A second later it would have been impossible due to the gravity powers emitted from Varan.

"Take care of the Toa!" Viima shouted to Zeth and Chivinix. "I'll get the Matoran!"

With that he leapt down the hole, after Kaama.

OOC: Yes. In a way, it was almost as though he were holding back, and now his powers are on the fritz.

IC: Kaama

Kaama was falling downwards, faster and faster as he approached the floor of the jungle. He gave a sharp whistle, and suddenly a bird appeared from the brush. He landed on it, and whipped it forward. The bird whisked him into the air and above the treetops. He had to get to the Master, and he knew that there was nothing more in Le-Koro.

OOC: Kaama to Po-Koro

Master, Varan screamed in his mind, HELP ME!!!

But no reply came.

The gravitational field began to warp Varan himself. His armor shrieked against the force of his uncontrolled rage, and blood began to flow.

And then, his cloak was ripped from his body and shredded into oblivion by the gravity field. A gravity shield worked it's way around Varan's body until anything that came into contact with it would be forced back by gravity. And then he looked up, the hood no longer concealing his face.

Edited by Bioni-Man

IC:

Zeth couldn't breathe.

Debris tinked against his armor. It was as if the world itself was spinning out of control, lost in a downward spiral to certain destruction. Viima was yelling silently over the undying scream that resounded throughout Zeth's mind. The Matoran was looking at Zeth as if he should do something, but the Ba-Toa took no heed of his diminutive companion.

But the scream was all Zeth could hear. It was a cry for mercy.

The tears were already streaming down Zeth's mask when Varan turned his newly exposed face to look up at him.

Zeth knew that face.

Vrina shrugs gently

"Well feeling refreshed to for one.. Like just a burst of energy persay."

"Same here, actually" Colx remarked with a pat on her shoulder as he passed her.

"I don't wanna make too much of a big deal about last night. Well; technically, I do. But I'll just say that I hope you at least enjoyed yourself as much as I did"

"And I enjoyed myself a lot" he added with a grin as he finished his coffee.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix rolled his shoulders as he felt the gravitational pull on him decrease and he now focused on Varan and shot him and odd look

"Hmm.. We can not touch him." he looked over at Zeth and shouted at him

"You toa... You are same as him. Are toa powers unlimited or can they run out?"

Vrina gently placed her hand atop his as he passed and held onto it until he was too far

"Well I will admit that I enjoyed it.. it may have even been better than that first night we met. However colx I did want to speak with you about something a bit more serious?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Oh, by all lords on high, please don't tell me it's time for 'the talk' already" Colx thought in a serious bout of irrational panic as he turned to face Vrina.

"All right," he said very seriously and slowly, his hand still on her shoulder, "what is it, Vrina?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina sighed a bit as she took a sip from her mug

"Well I am wondering.. Usually relationships of this sort are between members of the same species.. Well that is obviously not the situation here. I am just wondering if you are prepared for the possible social ramifications this could have?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Colx was gravely silent for a while as his hand on Vrina's shoulder tightened ever so slightly. His tounge snaked out for a second or two and trailed across his lips as his large spine fins seemed to shiver.

"I've never been the type to let others tell me what to do," he said "and I'm sure as karz not going to let anyone lecture me on how to pick my partners".

His entire frame hummed with a burst of determination, then, and he put his other hand on Vrina's other shoulder

"Akiri Kongu is a good man, we won't have to worry about the law being against us"

"But I get what you're saying, and there are people out there who wouldn't accept us. Who'd want to condemn us and probably do a whole lot more while they're at it."

"But I'm not afraid of them, they're the real cowards. Because their tiny little minds can't fathom anything beyond their perfect little worlds"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Zeth couldn't breathe.

Debris tinked against his armor. It was as if the world itself was spinning out of control, lost in a downward spiral to certain destruction. Viima was yelling silently over the undying scream that resounded throughout Zeth's mind. The Matoran was looking at Zeth as if he should do something, but the Ba-Toa took no heed of his diminutive companion.

But the scream was all Zeth could hear. It was a cry for mercy.

The tears were already streaming down Zeth's mask when Varan turned his newly exposed face to look up at him.

Zeth knew that face.

Varan looked over to Zeth - his target. He began to move towards him.

Varan's face was completely infected, with dark green lines running up and down it. His body was thin and lanky, but large-scaled. He had chicken-styled, double jointed legs (OOC: Think of General Grievous) and his limbs were ridged. He was so thin that he looked like a ghost. The infection was alsp spread among the rest of his body in mass tumors.

Varan growled and began to move towards Zeth.

Edited by Bioni-Man

Colx was gravely silent for a while as his hand on Vrina's shoulder tightened ever so slightly. His tounge snaked out for a second or two and trailed across his lips as his large spine fins seemed to shiver.

"I've never been the type to let others tell me what to do," he said "and I'm sure as karz not going to let anyone lecture me on how to pick my partners".

His entire frame hummed with a burst of determination, then, and he put his other hand on Vrina's other shoulder

"Akiri Kongu is a good man, we won't have to worry about the law being against us"

"But I get what you're saying, and there are people out there who wouldn't accept us. Who'd want to condemn us and probably do a whole lot more while they're at it."

"But I'm not afraid of them, they're the real cowards. Because their tiny little minds can't fathom anything beyond their perfect little worlds"

Vrina nodded slowly as she heard this. Given that colx was behind her she allowed herself to lean against his chest and looked up at him with perhaps the slightest hint of fear in them

"What made me think of this is I remembered seeing a flyer a long time ago.. It spoke about a group that was for... purity among skakdi and mentioned making a village just for skakdi. It flew across my mind for it made me realize they would probably be against inter-species relationships.."

She sighed heavily and closed her eyes

"You know it has been a long time since I felt safe yet here in your arms I feel safe."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

The creature Chivinix had said something, but it washed over Zeth without resonating with his mind. He was in another world. A world of pain, a world of sorrow.

A world of failure.

The monster before him was closing in. Varan's infected body was filled with rage and agony, so much that Zeth doubted anything else remained.

It was all his fault. Everything.

I'm... sorry...

"I'm glad to know that. Thanks" Colx replied, letting the morning breeze whistle uninterrupted through the window for a while before he continued.

"For what it's worth, I don't necessarily feel safe around you, given how playful you seem to be with those knifes, but I think I can learn to" he said softly, fingering with one of her crystal shoulderplates with his pointy fingers.

"And about that poster, don't worry about them, they were up months ago and I haven't heard a single word about it since."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina arched her brow very faintly and then shook her head in a playful manner giggling very softly

"Stilettos my dear... These are not meant to be for cutting. They are meant to pierce the bits of flesh between the kinks of armor. While they would not hold up in a fight they serve their purpose when it comes to inflicting quick damage to a target. Especially when your target is not suspecting the stilettos.. So no they are not knives."

She however shifts her stance to gently bring her chest against colx as she lays her hands on his and smiles up to him

"Yet the only time you will have to worry about these is in a spar."

Chivinix let out shrill chitter like call as he watched Zeth stand there like a deer in headlights. He extended his hand towards Zeth and trying rather hard he focused a small beam of energy at Zeth's head to hopefully knock him out of this stance

"Hey you stupid toa! Knock out of this pathetic show and be a toa!"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Vrina smirked gently at this

"More of a warning. During a spar I will not hesitate to attack with any means possible."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"I gotcha" Colx replied with an understanding nod, "that's more or less me, too"

"Which is not to say that it didn't come back to bite me once or twice. Quite literally, too" he said, stroking the wounded part of his chin, "but it's what works for me"

"Still, though, I actually feel I'd like a rematch, what do you say?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vrina pursed her lips gently seeming to consider

"Hmm.. Sure we can have a rematch.. perhaps after we finish this coffee?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"I'm okay with that" Colx replied, displaying his laid-back attitude as he deliberately omitted to mention that he'd already finished his drink. He stepped away from the Kru-Toa, taking a deep breath as he took a moment to prepare himself for the trial ahead. Vrina had beaten him once, it wouldn't happen twice, and if it did... well, third time's the charm, right?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The creature Chivinix had said something, but it washed over Zeth without resonating with his mind. He was in another world. A world of pain, a world of sorrow.

A world of failure.

The monster before him was closing in. Varan's infected body was filled with rage and agony, so much that Zeth doubted anything else remained.

It was all his fault. Everything.

I'm... sorry...

Varan then did the most irrelevant and stupid thing he had ever done, something that betrayed the situation in all entirety. It defied the laws of logic, it defied reason and sanity. It defied definition.

Varan smiled.

He closed his giant hand around Zeth's throat and began to squeeze, slowly.

Edited by Bioni-Man

IC(Leah)

"I'll go with you to find Echelon," she said, eyes averted from the rest of the crowd. She still couldn't muster the strength to look them in the eyes. "I'm a capable fighter and you all know I won't hesitate to end him."

She continued to look down, flipping a ring over in her hands.

"Maybe I can do some good to counter my arsenal of sins," she smiled broadly, though she didn't expect anyone to return the expression.

IC: (Valria)

"I don't see any reason why Liacada shouldn't come with us. We're going to need all the help we can get to take Echelon down," I added. I distinctly remember Merror's cold reception, and to be honest he was a decent person. Doesn't mean I liked him much, he seemed to easily sit in judgement of other people, thinking he had the right to do so. I don't know exactly what Liacada did to earn the cold shoulder from him. She seemed decent enough so far, and like me, she had her own issues she'd need to get through, so I guess in some way I felt a sort of kinship to her. "Merror, the only worry I have now is that you'll let what you believe is right, get in the way of what actually is. That was the point I was making, some of you can live in this world where you're still allowed to pull punches, but when you realize the stakes, you'll understand that code you hold onto is outdated when we have men like Echelon running about. From all accounts Echelon isn't worthy anyone's mercy anymore."

IC (Merror)

Merror's reaction to Liacada was not, perhaps, the one his fellows were expecting - nor was it particularly noticeable. He did smile, almost imperceptibly, watching the Toa's body language scrupulously. His initial reaction to meeting her had been one of surprise; he had not expected to run into one of Dorian's apparently dangerous former associates so soon, and in such peaceful circumstances. It had caught him off-guard, and as such he had responded warily.

But now, as she spoke her piece and more memory of Dorian's meltdown surfaced, he looked on her with an altogether kinder gaze. He did not know that Valria thought him judgmental, but then she did not know him. Merror was an ardent believer in his moral code - but it was not a code of judgment, standing high and mighty and condemning any who failed to meet its standards; in fact, it was quite the opposite. Merror tried to see the best in people, to find good even in the fallen. It was why he had shown Echelon mercy in the past, and it was why he refused to take lives unless it was truly for the best.

That did not mean he would accept actions that went against what he saw to be right, nor that he would not try to set people on a better path. But Merror knew better than most that good people could get it wrong, and better than that, he could always forgive them.

To his eyes, Liacada looked like she could use some forgiveness.

And then Valria spoke, and he could not help but be perplexed by her words.

"Valria," he replied, shaking his head frankly. "the Code is not outdated, and I don't believe it ever will be. I know I'm not as utilitarian as some of us might like - laugh, call me closed-minded if you will - but I know what is right. You seem to think I've been arguing we should spare Echelon - I am not. I've seen him cause enough harm. It's the only way to stop him - and that's why we have to do it, and that is exactly what the Code dictates."

He spread his palms in a gesture of friendship.

"Come on," he said, "we need to be a team if we're going to beat him. I'm sorry if I've seemed harsh but believe me, I only want to help."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have opened my mouth," I replied, looking at my feet. "I think I'll just be going, it's probably better if the unstable element leaves the team, sorry for wasting your time." I said, sliding the chair back and getting up. "I don't think I'm good addition to this team. I'm sorry for my rudeness. I won't be wasting your time any longer," I was so ashamed in myself, I wasn't good enough for this team, wasn't good enough to be around them. I had become some sort of shade of who I used to be, and I had done nothing but screw up so far. I wasn't contributing and like always I was deadweight, perhaps that was thing, I was better dead than alive, because at least that way I was around to drag anyone down. Maybe it meant I could be at peace. Either way I needed to breathe and the inn wasn't giving me space. What was wrong with me? Everything, this scarred face of mine, this inability to hold myself together, the mood swings. I wasn't anything anyone should have to deal with.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

As Valria got up to leave, Agni glanced from here to Merror. The two veterans exchanged a brief nod, before Agni quietly got up and followed the Toa of gravity outside. He caught up with her just as she stepped through the door, reaching for her wrist, gentle but firmly.

"Val." She stopped, not turning around. There was a brief moment of silence, then the Toa of fire simply said: "Stay." And, after a second's pause, added:

"Please."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"What am I doing here, Agni? This team was well before me, and sure it as will be better off without me. I keep trying to convince myself that I'm contributing in some meaningful way, but whenever I open my mouth, nothing good comes out." I sighed, still not turning around. "Merror don't think is solely because of you, or really any of you. It's always been me. I've never been stable enough to be of any use to anyone. All I do is cause tension and look like a real , and it's probably because I am one. This team deserves better than that, better than me."

IC: Skyra

I stared at the tiny, green pieces of clothing in my hands, trying to wrap my head around the fact that they were suppose to fit me. I had been quick to lock myself in the changing room as soon as Hari had handed me the bikini. To my complete surprised it was even smaller than the bikini I had worn at the beach with Tillian. Somehow that was possible. I swore Hari did this on purpose.

The sound of Hari's excited glees brought me out of my thoughts. I realised I'd been staring at the items in question for a good while now. Hari would start to wonder what I was doing if I didn't hurry.

I quickly stripped out of my external armor and clothing and began to put on the bikini. Despite the fact I'd done this once before I still found it awkward and rather difficult to figure out. You'd think after four months of being a girl I'd have gotten the hang of it. Guess I still had a lot to learn.

Once I was satisfied it was secure I got a good look at myself in the mirror. What I saw made my face get hot and red as a Toa of ###### fire. I could hardly believe I was looking at myself, it really showed off my body, maybe a bit more than I was comfortable with.

I had to admit I looked pretty good, but the idea of others seeing me like this made my heart flutter with dread. I had to at least show Hari though, she'd never forgive me if I didn't let her see.

Still, I didn't want to risk anyone else seeing me like this...though I had a pretty good idea of how to prevent that and still allow Hari to see how I looked.

Hari was still standing right by the door of the changing stall when the door swung open. Hari opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted my when I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her inside with me, the door quickly slamming shut and locking.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:(Hari)

"Oh my god, it's looks so great on you! I actually got you some other things to try on, here's some shorts and another top, tell me how those are..." I had realized that when I moved around in the rather cramped dressing room that I had accidentally pushed Skyra out and right into the lap of a snoring Tillian. Well he was snoring, his eyes shot open when Skyra landed right on top of him. I couldn't help but giggle. I could already see that familiar shade of red tinging her normally green cheeks as she got her bearings.

IC:

"Hey."

As soon as Valria went to abandon ship, and Agni had followed her to pull her off the gangplank, I had crept up behind them like a rat on deck. Agni had stopped her just before her foot could brush freedom, fingers around her wrist gently as she tried to protest. Gently (gentility always surprised them, and had a nasty habit of working like a charm when it wasn't expected) I pulled Valria's frail little wrist out of the detective's grip and helped her outside. The platform was lit with the soft glow of evening sun; a little wind blew through the cracks of the planks and whistled a tune to itself, a little wind that had the potential to be a storm with the right conditions and a little rain. The clouds from earlier had scurried away in anticipation of my presence.

"Do you smoke? I smoke." Like a suitor's locket, Joske's lighter hung from a small silver chain around my neck and I pulled it away to light a cigarette over the yawning maw of the jungle below. A cinder danced its way to oblivion. "Look. Valria. I'm not the kind of guy who should be giving life advice. To be honest, I'm here on a whim, but I think it's a good thing because I know what your life has been, and I know the kind of ledge you're standing on now and I know that it looks prettier from way on high, but it's not, and if you take a step off it's just gonna look uglier and uglier the farther down you tumble. And the bottom...well, a lot of people are lucky enough to die before they reach it, and the ones that don't end up like me. Notice how no one wants to take their eyes off me?" I held the chain around my neck between two fake phalanges, lighter clinking against the back of my hand like a cold metal kiss. "That's fear. They're scared of what I'll do. Scared of me going off, and tearing something apart with me. But it's all fake. It's all bourbon talking, or maybe drugs, or maybe my fear. I burned myself out a long time ago - it's not something you ever want, but it is something you can fight. I didn't, but I can take one look at you and I know you're tougher than me, so I want to let you in on a secret. Because I know you're tough enough to handle it.

"Before I met Joske, a lot of nights I would come home into my loft, move my piano to the window, move my loveseat to the center of the room, and then move my poker table to where the piano used to be, just to with the visitors. And then I'd forget what I was doing and trip on the loveseat. Sometimes, I'll look in a mirror and my eyes will be so clear and blue that you'd think the sky's poking through the curtains, and then I'd go and pour myself some bourbon and after half a bottle's gone my eyes look more like little patches of . There's no controlling demons, Valria, and they can't go away without help - demons are that way. I've blazed that trail back and forth my whole life. Trust me."

"I just thought...if I couldn't handle them myself..." I inhaled and exhaled, trying to steady myself, feeling my resolve to leave weaken. "What's it like, when the demons are gone?"

I laughed at that. ". I've been waiting all my life for someone to tell me that, too."
"Then how do you keep going? What keeps you here?" I asked.
"These people," I said at once, with the kind of certainty that can be bred only of pure affection and an almost religious conviction. "They're judgy, and they're uptight, and they'll pester you with Codes and lessons until you want to shoot yourself in the face. But before them, I really did want to shoot myself in the face. Do you know what I was, before this team? I was a killer and a , girlfriend. Whoever I was before that didn't matter, and I just learned to...ignore it. Flip it off like a little switch. But it's the same way with the good as it is with the bad: you'll never let it go. And if you want me to let you in another secret I will: I wish I could have it back. Every day. First thing I did as a free man, I bought myself a piano and moved it into my loft, and I would sit down and play it - every day. And I play like a motherer, don't doubt it, but...the good was gone. I sat there every day and wished something would happen to just beat the out of whatever it is I am these days, and some shy, introverted little Toa would get born in its place, but it doesn't happen that way. I learned that, too."
I sound like Joske. Hotter, badder, more charming and less annoyingly self-righteous with the monologues, but I was wearing his lighter and I was wearing his sword and I could feel his words starting to make sense long after the fact. Infatuation? Maturation. The pinnacle of years worth of hard work on a lot of people's hands. This is being a man. I did it. did it.
"And I learned it because of people like this," I said, looking at where Agni had halted like a statue in the doorframe and hoping against hope that a different grizzled old son of a would step out of his skin, a Toa with blue eyes and the phantom smoke of old cigars on his skin, but this was life and not a dream and we were on different sides of one nasty coin, and all I saw was same old Agni. "You should give them a shot. They have their faults, yeah, but they saved my life. And if they can help out a junkie philosopher man-skank like me, God knows what they can do for you. Kay?"

This time I turned around, looking at each of them. Dorian with those blue eyes that contained so much pain, but he had people, he had this team. Cael, the Toa of Water whose lover was missing, not even on this plane of existance anymore. Tuara, powerful and fierce, someone who said her mind, stuck to her gut, and stayed with the people who needed her. Merror, a noble old Toa who had suffered loss as well, and didn't give up hope. Liacada who despite her faults was trying to make up for whatever mistakes she thought she committed.
Agni, who had saw the same horrors I did, who had felt the pain when Telric took the life of a friend we held dear, and though we never talked, felt the same crushing loneliness when we parted ways about four months ago. "Alright...I...I'll...stay and I'm sorry. Sorry for being like this."
"Nope. Don't apologize. Hold it." I smirked and put a comforting arm around her thin shoulders, pulling her into a one-armed half-hug. "You've earned the right to freak out a little. Trust me, these guys have seen worse from me on a good day. Just...work on changing it. You're tough - I can see you're tough. You have a whole lifetime to work things out. Just don't waste it, and we'll call it even. Great talk."
When I smiled at her and went to walk away, I heard the soft thunks of her footsteps trailing in the wake of mine softly. The wind, with its consumer base drying up before it, stopped blowing forward across the platform, and the whistling gave out against the chirps of birds and the sounds of faint progress. Agni was still standing like granite in the doorway, so I had to brush past him sideways when we were within reach of each other. I tapped him twice on the heartlight just as I passed him by, but by the time he had turned around to look for me, I had already rounded a left and camped out at the table again.
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Skyra

What happened...how did I end up...oh...

I looked up, and there was Tillian, his face was one of surprise at first, then he seemed to grin. I then remembered what I was wearing, which I now noticed matched the color of my skin, which made me look like I was... Eep!

I nearly went rigid right there, but I quickly got back onto my feet and darted back inside the changing room. When I shut the door I put my hand on my heart as I nearly hyperventilated.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Knock knock?"

"Who's there?"

"A-Team."

"A-Team who?"

"A-Team something mumble something something nice bikini, cutie!"

Tillian Juturna was a comedic god. Yup.

-Tyler