BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Interacting with Grochi Ad Infinitum.

IC (As Faraki): "Was that the sound of jingling widgets I heard?" The black skakdi asked delightedly as he heard the sound of a clinking currency coming from a new Po-Matoran. "Well, this must be your crafting partner." The gunmetal armored skakdi greeted with a wide grin masked by his kanohi. "My name's Faraki and I am interested in the art of craftsmanship." Faraki greeted, holding his clawed hand out for a handshake. "Can you please teach me the fastest way to making a profit using the art of crafting?"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC:

"Komae, you realize crafting is a very small part of what we do anymore, right?" Beosach asked his partner, before turning back to the Skakdi. "And yes, those were widgets you heard. No, you will not get to see them or handle them in any way. As for the easiest way to make a profit in crafting, simple: make something and sell it." He withheld from shaking the Skakdi's hand, instead narrowing his eyes looking at the much larger being. The sort of tone he'd heard in the Skakdi's voice was one he associated with either thieves or other merchants (who were nothing more than thieves, really), and beyond that, a Skakdi wearing a Kanohi was just weird, and Beosach didn't like things that were too far removed from the ordinary.

That also was often a sign of a miscreant, or at least just somebody who was often followed by trouble.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (as Faraki): "Make something and sell it? That sounds simple, but I get the feeling you're withholding important knowledge." The black skakdi said as he narrowed his eyes at Beosach, letting his hand fall to his side. "You don't trust me just because I'm a skakdi, do you?" The kanohi-wearing creature's bright red eyes flashed for a split second. *That's fine with me, stone matoran.*

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Komae [Le-Koro]

Komae sighed and put one hand to his forehead.  "Again, so violent.  I've no quarrel with Skakdi, mind.  If anything, it's relieving to meet one who acts so typical.  You don't see that enough these days.

"In any event, I'm afraid if you're looking for a get-rich-quick scheme, you're better off trying elsewhere.  I'm afraid we've made what money we have through the steady, patient art of business and quite a bit of luck, not through selling one or two perfect pieces."  He paused and thought for a moment.  "If anything, the little trinkets always sold best.  I suppose we must've had a knack for knick-knacks.  I always did enjoy the crafting side of things more than the sales, by the way, Beosach.  Craftsman forced into salesmanship, that's me.  I wonder if there's anyone out there the opposite? We could swap places." Also, how long I can ramble before the Skakdi tears down a tree?

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

"Don't jinx it, you two."  Komae raised his hand in greetings to the Turaga.  "My name's Komae, and he's Beosach.  We're just a pair of traveling businessmen from Po-Koro.  We were on our way here from Ga-Koro when... well, suffice to say we took the long way around.  And who might you be, Turaga?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

"Very pleased to meet you, Turaga.  What brings you to Le-Koro? A former Toa with that much knowledge of healing should be off leading a village somewhere, shouldn't he?"

IC:

"I trust most Skakdi. I don't trust Skakdi who wear masks - which is very atypical - nor do I trust anybody who comments on the sound of a man's money before saying hello to the man himself. If you want to make this a race issue, go ahead, just now you'll be wrong," Beosach replied, smiling thinly at Faraki. "And Komae is right. There's no getting rich quick at all. And there's nothing special about crafting. If you can make something that people like, make it. If you can't, make something they do." He turned and nodded at Haki.

"What'd you do to make yourself change to a Turaga?"

profiles i guess

IC (As Fulmen): "Let's hear your answer, toa of fire." Announced Fulmen as he walked forward and stood next to Doseki. "Forgive me for my disobedience, but I just want to help out in any way I can." The Vo-matoran said to him.

IC:

"We are not done here," I replied, my voice deceptively flat. My soul was aflame with indignation; I might have been amused by the defiance which these Matoran had shown me a day before, but today? No. For yesterday I was but Vyartha Vena, a worthy name and title though it may have been, invocation of both the fiery paladin and the godless inferno; but today, I had a new title to my name, and that was Pride, flame of the Daedra.

My liking of the Daedra not withstanding, it was a name which carried weight to it; the weight of the village that had been reshaped to the whims of a simple seven men and women; the weight of the bodies which had been piled after the revelation of the team's treachery; the weight of the locks and chains which surrounded the aquatic city-state, now shaken by the betrayal of its paragons.

It was not a name which lent itself to defiance.

In one smooth motion, I reached back and unsheathed my sword before bringing it down to hang around my waist.

"Do you want my name, Matoran?" I spat. "You may have it. I am Vyartha Vena, once-Guard of Ta-Koro, flame of the shadow, Daedra of Pride. I am the murderer of countless, the chosen one of those who had Ga-Koro bending its knee to Makuta, she who peered into the mind of the Great Dark and saw the truth in the blackness. And ... you dare to oppose me?"

IC: The nonverbal query was asked in chorus, because Ash found himself looking expectantly at the two as well. Their combined gazes would prove a formidable foe indeed, especially coming from two different, yet complimentary sources such as he and Lain. It could almost be akin to a sort of yin-yang effect, if you thought about it.

IC:

Okay, maybe my last statement/response/oration thingamajig might have come out the wrong way. Based on the reactions of Lain and Ash, I was starting to think that what I had meant as an innocent enough comment might have just been taken as snippy skepticism. Dear reader, I'd just like to point out that that was definitely not my intention.

"Hey, I'd be down," I said with a breezy smile, trying to show them that hey! I was still a nice chick! "My schedule's clear for the next little while."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

== Le-Wahi - Lost - Maybe somewhere near Lake Pala? ==

== Ouch time? ==

OOC: Po-Matoran Doseki

IC: Doseki was displeased that Fulmen had disregarded his concern and climbed down the tree instead of staying up where it was safe. Even still his skill in repelling down showed promise that the Vo-Matoran was learning well and could have some cliff climbing in his future. Doseki's attention was split between his companion Fulmen, the cranky Toa of Fire whom he now knew called herself; Vyartha Vena, once-Guard of Ta-Koro, flame of the shadow, Daedra of Pride. I am the murderer of countless, the chosen one of those who had Ga-Koro bending its knee to Makuta, she who peered into the mind of the Great Dark and saw the truth in the blackness; and a familiar sound in the distance.

Doseki took the end of his staff and placed it against the Toa's own weapon to slowly move it into a non-threatening manner. "Now was that so hard? That is quite a name you have there. Do you mind if I just call you Vyartha Vena for short? I am Doseki of Po-Koro. This here little spitfire is Fulmen." Doseki was playing it cool but he heard every word Vyartha Vena had said about being a former guard of Ta-Koro. That meant she was well trained and could be quite deadly with that sword of hers. Worse yet she openly admitted to being a hand of Makuta and gloated about oppressing members of Ga-Koro. tainted by the dark spirit this Toa was confirmed to be no friend of his. Right now he really wished Fulmen had stayed in the tree. Still, time was of the essence and Doseki had to delay as long as he could. He didn't know if this Toa was remorseful of her actions against Mata Nui but from her boasting it would appear to him she had not.

"Perhaps you would be willing to stay your blade. As I said, we are traveling peacefully to Le-Koro and are not out for trouble." Doseki's eyes flared as he spoke.to the dangerous Toa of Fire. "Now that does not mean we are defenseless and will tolerate aggression." Doseki lowered his Kolhii stick as a sign of no aggression but kept a firm grip on the handle. "So. What are your intentions Toa Vyartha Vena. Are you trying to stir up trouble when there need not be any?"

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC:

"I am trying to defend my pride, Doseki of Po-Koro," I said, a thin smile growing on my face. The muscles of my sword-arm tensed, keeping my weapon in place despite the Po-Matoran's best efforts to lower it. "Is that not something which is worthy of, as you say, 'causing trouble'?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

== Ouch time? ==

IC: Doseki was not sure how to take this statement from the Toa. She spoke as though she did not want any trouble yet at the end suggested she was looking for that very thing. "You take pride in others not knowing who you are? Well I will apologies if you felt disrespected for me asking for your name. It is a matter of Mutual respect when meeting someone new that one's names are exchanged. It makes conversation so much easier, would you not agree?" The sound was getting closer and Doseki did not know if the other two heard it or not. Maybe it was due to his training but it was ringing in his ear clear as the conversation he was having with Toa Vyartha Vena.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC:

"I trust most Skakdi. I don't trust Skakdi who wear masks - which is very atypical - nor do I trust anybody who comments on the sound of a man's money before saying hello to the man himself. If you want to make this a race issue, go ahead, just now you'll be wrong," Beosach replied, smiling thinly at Faraki. "And Komae is right. There's no getting rich quick at all. And there's nothing special about crafting. If you can make something that people like, make it. If you can't, make something they do." He turned and nodded at Haki.

"What'd you do to make yourself change to a Turaga?"

OOC: It's about time I made Faraki go berserk.

IC (As Faraki): The black skakdi roared as his bright red eyes blasted a beam of light, cutting right through a tree. "I've changed my mind, if crafting won't make me rich quick, then I'll have to resort to old fashioned methods!" The Kaukau wearing kanohi stepped forward towards Beosach, reaching for his knife. 

IC:

While normally Beosach might be surprised - and, indeed, he was somewhat surprised - he wasn't surprised enough to make him stop what he was doing. He backpedalled from Faraki, bringing up his lochaber axe, the long, sharp end of it pointed like a spear towards the Skakdi's throat. "Stop moving, please," the Po-Matoran growled. "I'd hate to have to stain my axe with a criminal's blood."

profiles i guess

Komae blinked.  Well, that was something.  Good on Beosach to bring that axe of his up so quickly, too.  Very good reflexes, very respectable.  In the meantime, though-

The Matoran smiled and drew his knife back out of the satchel.  "Well.  Points for traditional technique, Mr. Skakdi! All we need now is a Toa to come by and rescue the poor helpless Matoran."  The smile grew wider.  "Except - oh, wait, I forgot.  Things don't work that way anymore, do they?" He lifted the knife and waved it in the air.  "These days, us Matoran have to rely on ourselves.  You probably don't want to know what that entrails.  Sorry - entails."

IC: Akhulii- Le-Koro

Akhulii had been enjoying the funny conversation between the travelers, Haki and Faraki before the outburst happened, mostly because it had gotten talk away from teaching him alchemy.

When Faraki went berserk, he cried out and jumped behind the rock he had been sitting on. Nevermind, nevermind, nevermind! Not a fan of that one, oh ho ho, not a fan of that strange skakdi indeed!

The feeble matoran was not skilled in battle and was still tired from fighting and partying. Though he had managed his own in the fight against the beetles, the last thing he needed was to get entangled with highly trained warriors and killers.

Akhulii did what he did best in these types of situations: freak out. He started frantically digging through his comically large suit case for either his disk or knife- either would do well in a situation like this. He was also hoping that he might dig up some solution that could make smoke, but rather he found some flash "bombs" that he had prepared earlier. They wouldn't do any damage, but when crushed they would make a quick, bright flash that could distract someone for a second if he needed to disappear. Not like I'm good at that anyway. Gah!

"All we need now is a Toa to come by and rescue the poor helpless Matoran."  The smile grew wider.  "Except - oh, wait, I forgot.  Things don't work that way anymore, do they?"

Akhulii complained frantically under his breath when he heard that: "Yes they do, yes they do! I'd love for a good toa right about now!"

He peered out from behind the rock, adjusting his scope to get a better view of what was going on. Things were pretty aggressive, and he wondered if the citizens of the koro would care enough or were sober enough to help stop this madness.

Clutching his throwing disk, Akhulii held close, ready to defend himself and/or get out if necessary.

IC (As Faraki): The black skakdi nodded, but instead of obeying the matoran, he jumped backwards, firing another laser beam at Beosach's feet. "Why not save your own lives and just give me the bag of widgets?" Said the gunmetal armored skakdi. His eyes looked at Komae and saw his stone knife. "Face it, stone matoran, I'm out of your league, you can't win against me." Faraki gloated as he continued to focus on the two Po-Matoran, oblivious to Akhulii. 

OOC: What is this sound Doseki is speaking of? Does it only affect him or other matoran? If it's just him, I'll edit my post. 

IC (As Fulmen): The Vo-Matoran's bravery was crushed as he heard the toa of fire speak. "She... To do Makuta's bidding... Doseki, I wish I didn't have to say this... But I think we're done for. We can't take on this toa and we can't run." The matoran of lightning was shaking with fear, watching his own hand lose its grip on Doseki's climbing hook. *I'm... I'm starting to panic! I can't keep still, I just want to run! To escape from the subordinate of Makuta! I've got to go now!*

Edited by Liuth

IC:

Oh, now he's asking to be disemboweled.

Beosach didn't flinch as the laser beam flew, calmly stepping out of the way, a small burn mark showing where he had been standing earlier. His hands tightened imperceptibly around the haft of his lochaber, his eyes narrowing. "You're out of our league...and yet you back away, focusing on using your eyes instead of your knife?" Beosach grinned, laughing in the Skakdi's face.

"Yeah, you're out of it. Far below it, in fact. Run along, little criminal. I don't think some weakling like you would be strong enough even to take a Po-Matoran on in a grappling match."

profiles i guess

Komae sighed, turning the knife over in one hand.  "And you know, they say Skakdi are stupid, but this is truly something.  You're outnumbered from the get-go, it's only a matter of time until the rest of the village notices, and of all the people out there, you pick on Po-Matoran.  I mean, haven't you heard? Good old Po-Koro!" He smiled again.  "Toughest Matoran in the land!  Anyway, last chance to back down, or this knife finds a new home, okay?"

IC: Akhulii- Le-Koro

Akhulii continued looking on from behind the rock as the Po-matoran was boasting about his koro when suddenly he clumsily dropped a couple of the flash "bombs" by accident onto the ground beneath him. Upon impact, they led let out a bright burst of light and made a loud pop noise which attracted a lot of attention to himself.

He yelled out and dove onto the ground in a pitiful attempt at stopping them from going off, but simply made things worse. He peaked out from behind the rock again, embarrassed and no longer hidden.

IC (As Faraki): "Toughest matoran in the land? We'll see about that." Replied the black-spined creature as his eyes flashed bright red, firing another beam at Beosach's axe. "You need that axe to keep me away, don't you? You'd be scared out of your mind without it." The Kaukau wearing skakdi said. "Neither of you are real tough without your weapons." A loud popping noise grabbed his attention. "You were planning to ambush me, weren't you, Akhulii..." Faraki growled as he returned to glaring at Komae and Beosach. "So you were trying to distract me the whole time? I'm sorry to say, but your plan failed." 

IC:

"Not really, no," Beosach replied, shrugging, moving his axe out of the way of the beams, both of them flying on past the head of it without a problem, as Beosach slowly began walking forwards. "It's certainly easier with the axe to tear you apart, but I could do so with my hands. Just think about which would actually end up more painful for you, actually. I'm doing you a favour." He stopped moving for a moment, and grinned.

"Now I will say it one last time. Run away and don't bother us again. I'd rather not have to make somebody clean dead Skakdi off of the floorboards."

profiles i guess

IC (As Faraki): "... I got a better idea, why not give me half the widgets you have?" Replied the black skakdi. "You'll have some money left and I'll be richer than I was before." Faraki smirked. *I'm going to make a profit soon... Next time, I think I'll just rob the matoran, I can't believe actually being polite to them led to this...*

Edited by Liuth

"You'd better listen to him, you overgrown pile of spikes.  And if you're going to give up, you may as well get on with it.  Half-measures are so boring."

IC (As Faraki): The skakdi's eyes widened as he sprinted to the right, not taking the time to look behind. *How could I have been so oblivious?! His stalling, the failed ambush... It was all a set up to summon the Gukko Force!* The kanohi wearing skakdi continued to run until... *Wait a minute! Where's the Kahus and Kewas! Where's the sound of rustling branches!* Faraki screamed as his eyes flashed a bright tone of red. It was kind of comical to see him launch a red laser that looked like a beacon from far away. 

IC:

Beosach raised an eyebrow as Faraki sprinted away from him and Komae, before laughing again. "What a coward, eh, Komae?" he asked his companion. "Couldn't even follow through on his robbery." The larger of the two Po-Matoran then walked over to where Ahkulii was, grinning.

"It's safe to come out now," Beosach told the frightened and hiding Matoran.

profiles i guess

IC:

"Perchance," I admitted to the Po-Matoran, allowing my visage to lighten at the sight of his companion's mounting terror. "However, my history is, as you can perhaps ascertain from my credentials ... checkered enough that I am leery of freely giving my identity to any sundry person whom I pass."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: What is this sound Doseki is speaking of? Does it only affect him or other matoran? If it's just him, I'll edit my post. 

IC (As Fulmen): The Vo-Matoran's bravery was crushed as he heard the toa of fire speak. "She... To do Makuta's bidding... Doseki, I wish I didn't have to say this... But I think we're done for. We can't take on this toa and we can't run." The matoran of lightning was shaking with fear, watching his own hand lose its grip on Doseki's climbing hook. *I'm... I'm starting to panic! I can't keep still, I just want to run! To escape from the subordinate of Makuta! I've got to go now!*

IC:

"Perchance," I admitted to the Po-Matoran, allowing my visage to lighten at the sight of his companion's mounting terror. "However, my history is, as you can perhaps ascertain from my credentials ... checkered enough that I am leery of freely giving my identity to any sundry person whom I pass."

-Void

ooc: it is an audible sound that; though faint, Doseki has trained himself to hear and recognize. it is not actually actively affecting him in any way. Other than making him more brave... Fulmen and Vyartha Vena may be able to hear it amongst the plethora of other sounds but maybe not...

== Ouch time? ==

IC:  This Toa was all over the map; a walking contradiction. She could have just as easily given her normal name without all the titles and had Doseki and Fulmen not reconized it would not now know that she bent her knee to Makuta. He himself did not give his own recognized title and anyone from Po-Koro would have recognized him by his name alone. Even ousoursed Matoran from other Koro's knew the name Doseki and what it represented. He could understand this Toa's seemingly distaste for her titles. Though why express them with such vigor and delight as if proud of them, yet want to hid her given name? She had to be a spy for Makuta. It could be the only reason. An insurgent under the guise of a friend. Doseki was at a crossroads. Should he take Fulmen and make their way to Le-Koro on their own or risk taking this Enemy Toa to what could be her next intended target?

Doseki could not believe Fulmen just blurted that out like that. Subtlety apparently was not his strong suit. Looking at Fulmen and then back to Vyrtha Vena he could see the sight of his companion in perpetual fear pleased her more than it should have. He wanted to reassure the terrified Vo-Matoran without revealing the reason. "Do not worry Fulmen. Things are not that dire. Her past not withstanding this Toa will not try to harm us. You may calm down. we are safe." Even though he was talking to Fulmen his eyes never left the Toa of Fire. It was almost as if he was looking through her.

"I know what it is like to have dark events plague one's past. It had been years of torment by even my own fellow villagers until what time as I became a member of the guard. So I can understand your unwillingness to provide your name for fear your past deeds would bring with them. Still your simple name would have sufficed. There was no need to tack on the remainder unless you openly wanted to boast about them as you had. So you can understand my friend's behavior. I however do not openly judge another's by their past. Only what I see before me. As a Po-Matoran I do not care much for truths that are irrelevant to the past, but rather what is presented in front of my own two eyes. Your actions are yours to claim responsibility and to own up to and change for the better."

Onua.png

IC (As Fulmen): The matoran of lightning snapped back to reality at the sound of Doseki's voice. "We are safe?" He repeated, looking down at the climbing hook owned by the Po-Matoran. Fulmen picked up and stood upright, facing the toa of fire. "How long can we glare at Vyartha Vena for until she decided to attack?"

IC: Akhulii

Frustrated, Akhulii crawled out from behind the rock, deciding that the real threat had been the skakdi all along.

"Mata-Nui! What blasted bloody madness! To think that even for a moment I thought that that skakdi could have any class!"

Akhulii felt tricked and upset now, but at least he was safe. No use wasting valuable resources of the community such as myself to wild, animal madness!

IC: Kigta

Kigta heard a noise coming from somewhere else in the Koro. A lot of noises, actually. Kigta excused himself from the conversation... but not before grabbing his sword and a bottle of whatever-he-was-drinking just in case. 

He rounded a corner to see a firefight coming to an end. Two people were helping someone... oh wait, Akhulii... from behind a rock... and was that Haki? Kigta rounded the corner, overjoyed to see his two friends safe and sound. "What happened?" he asked. "I came as soon as I heard trouble."

OoC: Edited.

Edited by Dallior Nuva

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Komae nodded to Haki and tucked his knife away, smiling in satisfaction.  "Well, it's good that you're safe, Turaga.  Though Beosach's on to something - a Skakdi, running from Matoran? Strange times we live in.  Well, it can't be helped."

From behind him, a voice rang out.

"What happened? I came as soon as I heard trouble."

He turned to see a Le-Matoran looking over the clearing with something like panic; he greeted him with a cheerful wave.  "Good evening! There was a bit of a troublemaker, but he's taken off.  Nothing to worry about!"

Edited by GSR

IC (Rewera):

She looked at Kythera with narrow eyes. Not because of her, it was just the mood she was in.

"If the baddies aren't here then they are somewhere else where I am not. And that makes me feel like I'm in the wrong place."

IC (Sisk):

The Le-Matoran slipped off of the Kahu's back and landed deftly. He had a spring to his steps he had missed since his leg got fractured during the fight against the Rahkshi army. He turned to Lathon and grinned. "Much welcome to sky-high Le-Koro!" he said.

Ooc: No formatting due to mobile posting.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ash, for his part, broke into yet another broad grin.

"Alright! Tomorrow sound good?"

IC:

"Sounds good to me," I answered. "My schedule's ... pretty ... non-existant, to be honest."

IC (As Fulmen): The matoran of lightning snapped back to reality at the sound of Doseki's voice. "We are safe?" He repeated, looking down at the climbing hook owned by the Po-Matoran. Fulmen picked up and stood upright, facing the toa of fire. "How long can we glare at Vyartha Vena for until she decided to attack?"

IC:

"I will not attack you for mere glares, Matoran," I said, eyes flashing towards Doseki's companion for an instant before returning to the first speaker (an infinitely more interesting conversationalist, if I may be frank).

"Your words bear the mark of the progressive; a good philosophy for one to take in such an existence as this," I replied to the Po-Matoran. "But I must challenge on this point: why should I change to, as you would put it, the better? What is the morality my actions in the grand scheme of things, when faced with the eventual oblivion of death? Why should I constrain myself when this life is all that I shall have to experience?"

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]