BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:
Asuno twisted his arm and parried the sword his opponent pulled out before he could bring it down.

"I would suggest you stop," Asuno growled through his teeth. "I dont like being stalked, but I dont like killing."

He pushed his would-be assailant away.

"Leave, and if you ever try to sneak up on a De-matoran or a De-Toa, next time give it your :a: -Game!"

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

IC Jrahann:

The battle which suddenly unfolded in front of Jrahann snapped her back to her senses. She leapt out of Asuno's way as he spun to block a knife throw with his swords.

"Leave, and if you ever try to sneak up on a De-matoran or a De-Toa, next time give it your A-Game!" the Toa.

Jrahann was unsure how the attacking Skadki would react, but she glanced at the other one whom Asuno had been talking to. She met his eyes, then turned with a slight motion towards the helmeted attacker. Hopefully the black Skadki got her message: if necessary, they would combine their elemental powers to put down the enemy.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC:Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker responded by sweeping Asuno's feet out from under him in a single, blindingly fast, motion. He then forced himself into a backwards midair handspring, landing a few yards away. He inspected the gash in his mechanical finger. Nothings serious, just a little slice in the armor. Okay, a large slice. Okay, a slice that would be causing him excruciating pain if that part was biological. Pulling several cartwheels, the Skakdi known as Shadowslicer disappeared over the edge of the platform, leaving a slashed SS on the floor.

Edited by Fekoro

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Fekoro, I did mention in my post that if SS tried anything violent Jrahann would try an element combo with Colx to attack him. So unless Geardirector confirms that Colx would not have tried to use his elemental powers, you have to at least give us a chance at hitting you. I doubt SS could make a leg sweep, a backflip, a quick health assessment, and several cartwheels faster than Jrahann and Colx could react.

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

OOC: The legsweep + backflip, certainly. The rest, no. I didn't think SS did anyhting in that post that was expressly violent besides the leg sweep, and even then. Unless there is something weird about BZPRPG post rules, you certainly could've hit him during the cartwheels.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Okay, no cartwheels.

OOC: Man, I go to bed and wake up to this. OK, well, first of all let me just say that all three of you are doing considerably better than most fresh players we get around here, so give yourselves a pat on the back.

One thing you should know, however, is that OOC-only posts are a strict no-no, if you don't have anything to add IC, go to PM with those.

Also, I was trying to give Voxumo a chance to get in on this but it seems he's otherwise occupied, for now let's just assume Colx simply wanted to "monitor" the stakes before he got involved. :P

IC: Colx (Le-Koro)

It was when the other Skakdi met my eyes with a call for aid that I decided to drop any pretense of not giving two widgets worth of a darn about the whole situation. I got up, mumbled to Vrina that she was free to jump into the situation at any point if she wanted to, and went forward, my spine rustling and my once blood-stained fists clenching, taking on the shapes that had rubbed out many an unfortunate soul's life back in their heyday.

I was the only unarmed party in this struggle, it wasn't about to stop me from showing my younger brethren just what the business of war is about.

The masked Skakdi was inspecting a wound in his finger, it wasn't going to be his only one if I had something to say about it.

I reached the other Skakdi, only nodding as our elemental powers were activated.

"I'll hold him down, you knock him down" I said reaching out with my arm.

I didn't have a lot of practice with my powers, but enough for what I was about to do, Gravity's effect on the masked Skakdi increased immensely, weighig him down until any movement was a great effort, especially give all the armor he was wearing.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Asuno recovered from that leg sweep, and leapt up.

No physical damage, he thought, just a minor bit of humiliation. I'll live.

He saw the masked Skakdi struggling to keep upright, and it seemed like a losing battle. Colx must be using his powers. He reasoned it out and stepped aside and back, expecting Jrahann to be the next up for the "party".

"Don't kill him," Asuno said, "Just keep him, uh... Heavy."

OOC: Thank you, sir!

BZPRPG Character

OOC: Thanks for clearing that up, Geardirector.

IC: SHadowstalker

Shadowstalker moved his head, a bit of an effort, and monitored his situation. Throwing knifes, not an option. Sword, same. Lunging, absolutely not. "Has it ever occurred to you that I wasn't the conflict instigator?" he asked, irritated.

IC Jrahann:

As soon as Jrahann sensed the black Skadki activating his elemental powers, she triggered her own, combining his gravity pulse with her own sonic pulse aimed directly at the enemy Skadki, not quite as strong as she could have done but enough, hopefully, to hurt.

OOC: Thanks Gear, my past experiences with RPs actually had separate IC and OOC threads.

EDIT: Yeah, this is a bit out of order. Let's say it takes place before Asuno and SS speak.

Edited by Akavakaku

IC:

"Has it ever occurred to you that people might be paranoid?" Asuno asked, equally irritated. "I don't like being watched. Having amnesia and being stalked does not correlate to a peaceful situation."

He sheathed his Tuner Blades and knelt down near the weighed-down Skakdi.

"Jrahann!" He called out, "Quit it, if you please!"

He turned his head back to his seemingly vanquished opponent and said "If we let you go, I would like for you to run off and leave us alone. Meaning never stalk me again. Otherwise, this big guy over here can likely crush you under your own weight. Do we have a deal?"

BZPRPG Character

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann ended the sonic attack. "What do you mean, let him go?!" She turned on Asuno. "It's a Skadki who has his face hidden, avoids being seen, is covered in weapons and attacked us once we noticed him. If that's not a wanted criminal, you're an Ussal crab.

"I say we disarm him and turn him in, see if we can't get a bounty from the village. Maybe with your share you can even get that shiny new mask you wanted."

As the younger brood kept talking amongst themselves I pondered for a bit just how much of this little squabble I wanted to sink my teeth into. I let my eyes settle on each of them in turn as I sized them up like lambs lining up for the slaughter.

There's a saying that goes "never bite off more than you can chew", and I've acquired a bit of a taste for it, here I had myselves two options: on one hand I could align myself with this daring bunch of fools for a lousy shot at a reward, on the other hand I could leave them their business and get back to where I'd left off with Vrina. Not exactly a tough decision.

Supposing it was a genuine shot at a reward, though, my old bones and dulled killer instinct surpassed my once dog-gone insistince on staying the course. I'd just leave them to it.

"If you're planning on turning this guy in to the Gukko Force you can find directions at that sign" I said, flicking a thumb in said direction, "but I'm gonna stay right here"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Asuno weighed Jrahann's words. She had a point. If there indeed was a reward, he wouldn't have to go scrounging from the hidden Supply Caches he now recalled he had set up as a De-Matoran. Plus he wouldn't have the Skakdi's blood on his hands. He was really starting to like this De-Skakdi.

"You're right," he replied. "I hadn't thought of that. If you're sure that the Gukko Force can handle him..." He trailed off, scowled at their captive, and infused his power into his voice.

"Attention Gukko Force of Le-Koro, we have subdued someone we believe to be a criminal. We require your assistance."

He turned to Colx and said "Thank you for your help, sir. Is there anything I can offer you?"

BZPRPG Character

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann sighed. "You can't just yell at a village guard to come over and help you out."

She moved in front of the helmeted Skadki and raised her sai halfway. "Just put down all your weapons, please, and then we can go get this all taken care of. Real easy."

IC:
Asuno shrugged. "It was worth a try," he said.

He moved closer to the enemy and began confiscating his weapons.

"This," he said, raising one of the myriad throwing knives the Skakdi owned, "Is for compensation."
He dropped it into his satchel.

He removed the rest of the throwing knives from the Skakdi's person, as well as the long sword with it's sheath.
He then removed the Skakdi's helmet, leaving his face to be seen.

Laying out all the Skakdi's equipment in front of them, he said "Now, do we march him up to an officer or what?"

BZPRPG Character

IC:Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker suddenly lunged forward, as the gravi field had probably worn off by then, grabbing back his helmet and sword. "I would prefer to keep these on my person." he said flatly. He addressed Colx. "You have that air about you. In your old days, would you have stood for being captured? I think not."

IC Jrahann:

As soon as she saw the supposed criminal reclaiming his gear, Jrahann moved back into action. She stepped up behind the Skadki and wrapped one huge arm around his neck. With her other arm she brought a sai towards his helmet.

"Keep your headgear on if you want, but you're coming with us unarmed," she grunted. "We'd all prefer if you did it willingly."

OOC: I don't think SS would have been able to evade Jrahann in the middle of that dialogue, but if you have a problem with it let me know.

I wasn't about to make any presumptions, but to me the kid that asked me a question looked an awful lot like some sort of thug, the kind I wouldn't have wasted a second punch on back in the day. And I would've done it again, if he hadn't asked that question.

Kid knew the odds were stacked against him, but he wasn't about to let that stop him from trying.

"You're right," I said, "I wouldn't"

"But if you think that's going to help you, I've got news for you" I said, looking right at him, "I've got no interest in hauling you to jail, but I ain't gonna stop ya or help you out. You're on your own. If you want out, make your own way out"

And with that, I turned back, and didn't offer the three another thought.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker glanced at Colx and shrugged. Glancing sideways at teh sai held in front of his throat, he suddenly lashed out with a precise blow to th wrist, hoping to knock the sai out of Jhrann's hand. "People threatening me with weapons every few seconds is not something I like."

IC:

Asuno reacted to Shadowstalker's sudden jerk by slapping him on both sides of the head at once with both hands to disorient him.

"That should take care of it," He said. "I dont care if we have to drag him to their doorstep."

BZPRPG Character

There was little visible effect; SS was wearing his headgear.

IC:

Shadowstalker paused a moment before speaking. "Watching... Defines my being. I cannot not watch. It keeps me together. Prevents...things."

"Prevents things I would prefer not to talk about. As for who I am, that is a difficult mater. Some would say I am a heartless monster, others would say I am an extremely effecient if expensive agent. I fancy myself being like the shadows."

OOC: Sorry been busy

IC: Vrina

Vrina offered Colx a sympathetic smile while rising

"No need to be sorry. You felt the need to help... nothing wrong with that."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Truth of the matter is I was more interested in roughing up someone who just might have earned it" I told her "turns out that wasn't really the case, though, so I decided to drop out while I was still ahead"

"Either way, my work here's done," I finished, having thrown a short glance at the young'uns, before looking back at Vrina.

"Fancy finding another private spot?"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Cael)

"So, does anyone know what the Islets look like now? From what I've heard, it won't be easy finding this temple."

IC:

I slumped down into a vaguely upright position next to the Toa of Water, head bouncing off the railing from time to time when the ferry hit turbulence. Cael looked down idly and sat, too, but her expression was still stony; she may have forgiven, but the doctor didn't forget easily. She probably picked that up at the same place she picked up the scar. We were staring at what was supposed to have been east, in time to see the sun rise, but it was cloudy and windswept today, and every bounce of saltwater against the ship's prow could have easily been the vanguard of a rainstorm. Xa-Koro had been Dorian Shaddix's corner of the sky; rarely was Dorian Shaddix's corner of the sky sunny enough for tourists.

"Picture, like...a tub," I explained, "if you, like...pulled the tub's plug to let it dry out...except before the water had a chance to drain you kind of pulled, well...the whole tub."

"You nervous?" I smiled ruefully.

"I watched the place torpedo itself into oblivion from the inside out. I heard thousands of people die from the deck of the ark, and my arms and legs were broken so I couldn't go back to help, even if there was anyone left alive there worth helping." Deep breath - an inhale and an exhale, carefully balanced between weary lungs and a wasted throat. "Course I'm nervous."

"You sound a little guilty," Cael said, so softly that I couldn't tell where she ended and the water she commanded began again.

"Me, guilty?"

The rustle of coins and chips, clanging on fine tables and jingling in our palms. Grokk was laughing.

Bite marks on my neck and scratches down my spine. Nikarra was screaming my name.

The rustle of broken bones, cruelly mimicked by empty catacombs. I was sobbing, begging, dying. Brykon had left me.

The island fell silently, so silently; if anything, it may have yawned just once before it died, like it was just hibernating at the prelude to the coldest winter on record.

Cael was still staring. "Maybe a little guilty," I confessed.

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann rubbed the wrist Shadowstalker hit and retrieved her sai. "If you think I'm going to let you disappear, Canhead, you're very mistaken. If you walk away, so does my bounty share. So if you want me to let you go, you'll have to find some way to pay me. And not with those little sharp toys of yours; I'm not interested in knives."

OOC: Sorry, been busy.

IC: Kuurion

(Suva Nui)

Kuurion stood up from kneeling in front of the huge obelisk.

He was freshly transformed, a brand new Toa. His understanding of things had not yet changed, only his body, and his access to powers.

He didn't know why he was summoned to the Suva Nui, but he'd do his best not to disappoint the Great Spirit.

For now though, his first task would be to return to Onu-Koro to see if he could find any lead to what his purpose was, or at least to help however he could.

He turned around, towards the way he came. He began to run.

His Kakama, now empowered, activated.

(TO ONU-WAHI)

OOC: 'Bout time, Akavakaku.

IC: Asuno

(Le-Koro)

Asuno sighed. "Well," He asked Jrahann, "Shall we drag him to a guard already?" He started walking in the direction the sign indicated. "Come on, I gotta buy a mask and get out of here, and as much as it's your decision, I'd like for you to keep up with me and come along." He sheathed his blades and maintained a slow, strolling pace, while taking out the small throwing knife he confiscated from Shadowstalker. He started playfully tossing it into the air and catching it.

Edited by Mr. Lightning Bolt

BZPRPG Character

SS grinned. "What bounty? You think you'll get a bounty? Why would the police give you a bounty for a criminal they've never heard of? My 'crimes' are few and far between, and I haven't had a contract in eons. Oh, and Toa, that's not a toy. That thing's as sharpened as you can make that kind of metal. One touch will make you bleed."

(Le-Koro)

Asuno grinned in return. "Bleed?" He replied, "Brother, I resonate at a frequency you can't even fathom. Right now, I could make you bleed a whole lot more with a lot less effort. Besides, your behavior, all that stalking and the mystery you puff it up with? It's extremely suspicious. I think there's a concept known as disturbing the peace." He pointed the knife at the captive Skakdi. "Gettin' you either off the trees or rehabilitated is in everyone's best interest. Bounty or not, might as well try, eh?"
He looked to Jrahann. "Best hurry up, sweetheart," He teased.

BZPRPG Character

"Disturbing the peace also doesn't happen. The only thing I could be blamed for would be assault when I get nervous, and my... eons-old contracts."

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann was unfazed by the Skadki's bold retort about his weapons; she'd expect nothing less from a Skadki. What unnerved her a little was Asuno replying in kind. He wasn't the scared little Toa she'd first assumed him to be.

"I can tell you all about Canhead's contracts," she promised Asuno, opting to forget her unease for the moment. "He's the kind of Skadki that'll flip over backwards for power and violence, if he doesn't have to worry about the consequences. These rahks you normally find getting sworn into deals with big guys higher up on the food chain.

"I'm sure Canhead here is the best of the best. The kind that'll feed their friends to the Tahtorak for a new knife and a promotion. So the question isn't whether he did anything. It's what, and for who."

(Le-Koro)

"Oh, I don't doubt that," Asuno replied to his female companion. "You don't carry weapons like that and stalk people whilst having a contract as a musician."

Asuno walked a little further ahead. The Gukko Force detachment was in sight.

"Let's hurry up with this fool."

BZPRPG Character