BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

While Skyra, Cael and Cipher hashed out weapon talk and diving plans, Praggos, Krayn, Tuara and I worked on getting the boat ready to cast off into the dock. Utu was sitting sullenly and trying to ignore Onuzek, who kept asking how he felt about "FRIEND TIMES WITH ONUZEK AND UTU" and Momma Daring's eyes hadn't left me in minutes. They only budged when Skyra stepped on board, rounding out the now-swollen group; it was a bit packed, and I was left standing between her and Cipher, with Cael and Tuara beside each other staring at me from across. I kept my eyes out on the water, and eventually Krayn sidled up to me. Krayn had always been the thorn that stabbed the least into my side - maybe it was because he was the least memorable. With most of his friends, I could routinely and explicitly picture killing them. The Lieutenant was more nebulous, always shifting; it was hard to get a grip on who or what he was.

"You never said why you were here," he finally said, quietly. "I know it's not for Utu. You hated him. I remember."

"Joske Nimil gave me this job. A Toa Maru gave me this sword. All my friends have had prophecies written for them, great destinies in store. Mata Nui gave each one of them meaning." I spun the revolver's chamber and flicked my wrist, sealing it with a snap. "All he gave me is this sweet gun. I take what I can get, LT." Krayn was silent for a long time, but finally nodded. Onuzek heard the exchange and smiled broadly, and I saw Skyra's eyes darting from me to him.

One, I thought, and two, and three.

Before long, the shore was behind us, and I put a leg up onto the cutter's mast.

"Alright! Now, anyone who's been out here since the catastrophe at Xa-Koro, you'll know that this place's currents are an ecological wreck now. They change at random, thrash you about in the tide, and generally make for a near-fatal swim if you dive at the wrong place. Now, I'm not much of a scientist, and I assume most of you aren't either." I looked around to Momma Daring, then Cael, then Utu, and then to Skyra. "Luckily for us, we have one on board. Praggos, care to help me demonstrate how to properly check the tide?"

The Toa of Ice stepped forward, wringing his hands and looking over the edge of the boat - and then he yelped out in pain and anger when my heel drove into the front of his knee. I tripped him up with the same foot, dunked his head via the back of his neck, and then splash. Praggos disappeared into the roiling tide.

"Dorian!" Cael shouted angrily, stepping forward to go get him. I held up a finger to stop her and slid in front of her path as fluidly as if I was made of water myself. 

"Oh, he'll be fine. I bought some water wings at Rockwall. They're inflatable." I waved the package lazily and tossed them to Cipher. "The plugs are shaped like a beak, and when you blow them up you get this little duck head. They're the cutest." Cael dove to get around me, but I blocked her again.

One, I thought, and two, and three. No sounds of a Toa caught in the riptide. No body, bobbing in the waves.

"Alright, looks like we have ourselves one real live Praggos. I'm going down with Skyra first. Cipher, Onuzek, Cael, you follow me. Tuara, you and Krayn lead Team Two. Follow us down if it looks like none of us have drowned after thirdy seconds." I reached for my collar and began undoing the ornate golden buttons on my jacket, stripping it off and leaving it in Krayn's hands. Underneath the fine black fabric of my t-shirt, tattoos and muscles rippled taut and ready for the dive. Cipher hummed to himself casually, and I scooped Skyra up in my arms and pressed her back against my chest. Momma Daring's hand went for her knife.

"Remember," I told her, "try to move quick. Your friends would never understand if you drowned in my arms." I salted with my left hand and then dove to the right before anyone started to lose their nerve - or before Skyra's mom put a blade in my spine.

As Dorian held me my heart beat accelerated, whether it was Dorian holding me or the fact that I was about to dive into icy water I wasn't sure.

"O-Ok- Gahh!" We dived, I almost forgot to take a breath.

-Tyler
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Goin' all out, huh?

"Welp, you heard the man." Cipher said, tossing the water wings to Cael and promptly stripping himself of his armor with remarkable speed. The straps were good stuff, y'know. Quick-releasing if you knew how, strong, elastic but resilient... everything you'd want out of them, to be honest.

The Falcata stayed on his hip, as did the small waterproofed pouch containing his iStone. Everything else (essentials aside), gone. Stepping one foot up onto the edge, halberd in hand, he glanced back at Krayn.

"Much faster than making a big old show of it, huh?" he quipped, before diving in himself.

Eyes scouring the depths, he quickly located them. Dorian and Skyra, standing in a bubble in what almost made for a laughable image, in a bubble.

Swimming over, he took a moment to observe the odd method of travel, quizzical look upon his face, before cautiously swimming inside.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything." he said, caaaaarefully pulling his polearm through. "You're stuck with me now." he said, stretching his own muscles a little. 

What? They were stiff. He wasn't showing off, Dor was standing right there and that's HIS job.

helo frens

OOC:Nice to know

IC:Misson

Misson only responds with a gleam in his eye. They continue walking along, and Misson begins to notice the scars all about Zomma's body.

Better watch that one, he thought, I can be careless, but carelessness with this one could be fatal. Misson held his left fist tight upon his razor boomerang, and was ready to use his powers at a moment's notice. He could not let profits get in the way of his life, because then they'd be useless.

Edited by Onua39

Toa Tukeli

Currently: investigating
Interacting With: Kunitu
Mood: emotionless, curious, surprised

IC: Tukeli nodded, at first only barely aware that the Le-Toa was was speaking at all, until the word 'attacked' was thrown in.  A portion of her old self seemed to surface as her eyes widened ever so slightly.  Sure, this place was in ruins, but she thought it was just abandoned... it never crossed her mind that it was actually attacked.  She gazed at Kunitu, silent for a long moment before finally speaking.

''...what happened here... and where is... 'here'?''

Edited by Pancake

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC: "Pala-Koro." he simply stated, arms finally folding and not hovering over some homegrown implementation of wounding.

He glanced over to Kunitu. "Rama hive, right? Or was this place Rahkshi too?"

He was pretty sure she'd told him, but... Well, it had to be one of those two.

helo frens

IC:Drogen

Drogen walked for several hours- seven to be exact -before he left the Dark Walk and entered Le-Wahi's surface. He had sheathed his sword-saw to carry his more useful staff. He found after testing that it was not his smacking the staff on the ground which made it work, it was his wish in his mind that the staff fire electricity. He had learned to twirl it around in a most artful fashion before he reached any type of tree-house area.

But when he carried it, the little ones strayed away from him.

Perhaps better to find a place to sell it. However he found this quite difficult, as no Matoran would talk to him while he carried the staff. But he solved this and found one who would speak to him. However, this one offered no advice. However, he had heard tale while walking that another like him was down by the shore, so Drogen walked to the shore. Though it took him a full hour, he made it. It was a while, but he soon saw two figures walking down the beach.

OOC:Here comes the most interesting thing I've ever tried. My character meeting another one of my characters.

IC:Misson

I was aware when the black and maroon Toa came to walk behind myself and Zomma. I was wary of this one, and even more so when he began to run up to me. Soon, he was parallel.

"Hello," I said to him.

IC:Drogen

When Drogen came up next to the short Toa and the other figure, he knew one thing; neither trusted him. But he also knew another thing; the taller figure, was gutter slime.

What he was due to hate.

When the other one said hello, Drogen said "What is your business here?"

Scum, he thought. His question was for the taller figure.

IC: Skyra

As I had told Cael before we'd dived, I was more than confident I could maintain an air bubble long enough to reach this sunken temple. I couldn't help but wonder if this sunken temple was dark and cramped, I hoped not. 

So far the bubble was holding, I'd been adjusting the size to make sure it everyone could fit plus an Onuzek. Nothing could go wrong right? 

As Cipher entered the bubble and made his little quips I just sighed. "Try not to speak unless you absolutely need to. The bubble will last longer that way." Whether that was true or not I couldn't really say. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Agni):

Fate seemed intent on not letting me have my first sip of tea of the day peacefully. I lowered the half raised mug back onto the table and turned to look at the Matoran newcomer. I gave him a visual once-over, trying to get a good first impression of who we were dealing with here. The blue-armored villager looked slightly nervous, shifting his weight from one leg to the other. No indication as to why he felt that way, but today, I didn't feel like starting such a line of interrogation over something this minor, especially not before breakfast. So I focused on his words, which gave both Merror and I pause. 

"And you know this...how?" I asked after a second of silence.

IC: Alfon

"Right now? Surviving you." I replied, sparing only a quick glance to the Toa. Seemed like an odd question to be asking, considering the purpose of this arena being so obvious, but if this guy wanted to get to know each other before we started throwing punches, then so be it. For the time being however, I was busy looking at the various weapons presented to me, an ugly batch of sharp objects and blunt tools that belonged in the trash. I needed something light and versatile, a sharp blade ideally, so after a moment of examination, I settled on a gladius flecked with signs of wear and rust. 

"I'm not a volunteer, if that's what you're asking."

By this point, the surprise factor of everything had worn off. I kinda just accepted that yeah, life dealt me a pretty ##### hand, and I had to deal with it. That's not to say I was cool with it though.

If anything, I was just about ready to lose it.

Still, couldn't do that. Not yet, anyway. This guy looked like he'd be mean in a fight and if this was one of those cliché fight-to-the-death tournaments, I needed to keep a cool head. Awkwardly, I balanced the sword in my hand and looked at my opponent.

"So uh...we really doing this?"

(Aparangi):

Not a volunteer...

Aparangi's grip around the halberd tightened. That Kraata-Slime Reveler had really thrown in some random kidnapped Toa into his entertainment meat grinder. He had had a bad feeling about the whole thing since he had arrived here, but this confirmed his suspicions about the true nature of this little tournament. He wondered how the people of the island had let this dungheap continue for as long as it had, but then again he was not from around here. Maybe the disappearance of just a few people would not go noticed on this rock. 

Just like it hadn't back home - not until it was too late.

His mood was starting to become truly sulfurous. He looked at Alfon. 

"Yes we are doing this." he confirmed. "The Reveler wants a show and he shall have it!"

He spoke like a pit fighter would,  enticing the crowd, generating excitement with exaggerated bravado.

And then he added: "I suggest you play along."

It sounded like a genuine threat. But only Alfon could see the look on his opponents face under the hood at this moment. His expression was one of reassurance, emphasized by a knowing wink. They were on the same side here and they would need to work together to pull this fight off.  

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Komae/Beosach

Komae glanced at the Toa.  Was it his imagination, or had she stuttered for just a second? Curiouser and curiouser. 

"Food! Yes, I'm glad we can all agree on something," Beosach cut in.  "So.  Kythera.  These fruit salads - where can we find them?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

OOC:If you want to understand, read his profile. He has this sense if someone might be bad. It's a species thing. Also, let it be known I have nothing against you, but my character must. He would act this way to a skakdi also.

"Why do you care? I can be hostile if I want to. And I can protect myself if you want to be hostile back."

Edited by Onua39

IC: "Pala-Koro." he simply stated, arms finally folding and not hovering over some homegrown implementation of wounding.

He glanced over to Kunitu. "Rama hive, right? Or was this place Rahkshi too?"

He was pretty sure she'd told him, but... Well, it had to be one of those two.

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

"Maybe both, you know how the Makuta fans attacked this place afterward? Maybe they brought some lizard-bots to the party"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...