BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

I turned from the crate with the impulse of someone who had spent a good portion of time with gunfire; Skyra was flat on her back, groaning and squealing in amazement at once. I took a deep breath through my nose and walked over to her, hefting her up with one hand around her wrist and the other on the small of her back.

"Everyone, please keep your hands and feet inside the bubble at all times," I deadpanned, "and try not to blow a hole in it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Skyra

My face was very hot, both from the shock and the embarrassment of it all. I was a master of the sword, and yet guns were something so alien to me I was like a child playing around with one. I picked up the blunderbuss cautiously, wishing the darn thing had come with instructions. I hadn't even pulled the trigger, but apparently putting that much elemental energy into the gun had set it off anyway. That was one thing not to do again. 

Thankfully, it was now impossible to set the weapon off without reloading it first. There had been a small bundle of pellets that had been in the crate with the weapon, I pocketed a few. I'd have to practice with this new weapon....later. 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Cael)

Two crates were pulverized by Skyra's accidental attack, and a few others broke open. One was full of what looked like silken handkerchiefs; the other emptied itself of steel and iron. Swords and scabbards glittered among the broken wood, and one of the latter caught Cael's eye. Sticking the point of the crystalline blade in the ground, she leaned over and grabbed a simple leather sheath. It wasn't much, but the strap attached to it was clearly designed so a sword could be carried about on its owner's back. That was all she needed, and besides: wearing the weapon at her waist would only impede her movement. If worst came to worst, she'd rather not trip over her own feet.

A minute of buckle-adjusting and strap-pulling later, the healer wore the flamberge on her back, the hilt poking over her shoulder, ready to hand.

IC:

While Skyra toyed with her new possession, and admittedly caused quite a racket in the process, Krayn had slipped silently up to the crate, a distinct grin forming on his face. Had anyone been paying attention, the expression would have been quite shocking; but as far as the De-Toa was concerned, Naming Day had come early. He began sorting through the crate carefully, examining its contents; some of the weapons, it seems, had proved susceptible to water damage and were fairly clearly inoperable. It would take an engineer to tell for sure, but he suspected that a significant portion of it had to do with the methods of their creation. Flawed metal, maybe; some of them had pretty clearly rusted. Nevertheless, it wasn't too hard to find a pair of undamaged pistols near the bottom of the crate.

A quick application of sonic vibrations cleaned away the small quantities of dirt that had accumulated on the weapons, and left them clean for him to examine. Resting one next to him, he disassembled the key components of the others with a few deft movements, examining them carefully. It was immediately apparent that both were lacking ammunition, so he once more returned his attention to the crate, coming up with a pair of magazines in a matter of moments. A few more moments were all that was required to load them and slide them into the firearms. 

Unlike his commander, he was relatively versed in the weapons and their use; the Force (And by that he meant himself) had taken down a Vortixx criminal a few years back, and he'd taken the time to examine his weapons before turning them over to the Force. He'd been more than a little curious about them, and had visited the small number of weaponsmiths in Le-Koro who knew how they worked to satisfy that curiosity. These pistols weren't identical, no two sets of Xian weapons he'd seen ever had been, but the basics were close enough.

Priming one, he brought it up, aiming for a point in the distance. He ensured the tip of the barrel was outside of the bubble, just in case, and squeezed off a single shot, noting the level of kick, and the vibrations produced. This action served two purposes; firstly, to ensure that the weapon was indeed in working order. Secondly, it allowed him to familiarize him with the nature of their operation. He'd need to drill with them later, but for the moment, that information would be enough. His Sanok would more than compensate for any issues with his own aim resulting from a lack of practice. However, he realized as Cael buckled a scabbard for her flamberge, he still needed a way to carry them.

Turning his attention to the crate for the last time, he sifted through the damaged weapons. There, at the bottom of the case, he found what he was looking for; a few holsters, sealed within watertight containers. The smugglers who ran weapons like this weren't stupid, they knew there was a chance they'd need to dump their wares. But they also knew that a Kaukau user could go back and retrieve them later just fine; as a result, any items that could be damaged by some time in water were sealed. Some of the containers had ruptured in the cataclysmic events that sent them to their watery grave, and their contents long since degraded, but the rest were still sealed. Breaking one open, the De-Toa fastened two holsters to his waist, slipping his new toys into them.

Krayn straightened, faint grin still present on his face. Something good had come out of this forced detour after all, though he would need to go to a smith back on the mainland to see about getting a supply of projectiles made.

"Well, this has been a profitable detour." He paused, glancing over at Cael once more. Based on Dorian's comment, he could guess that she wasn't a combatant.

"Cael, was it? Are you familiar with weapons like that?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"I figured as much. Well, despite the design, it's used more or less the same way as any sword. I noticed you needed two hands to lift it," Krayn began, turning to face the Ga-Toa. "So swings, especially underwater, would probably be a bit more difficult. You'd probably be better off sticking to stabs with it, if you do end up needing to use it."

"You have now passed the Gukko Force's Sword Handling 101; better known as 'stick them with the sharp end' by its graduates."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Observing what the others were doing, I realized I needed something to hostler my new weapon as well. Digging around the crates I found a hostler that was big enough for my blunderbuss. It was simple enough to attach to a belt and strap it around my waist.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

Toa Tukeli
Currently: nothing in particular
Interacting With: Kunitu, Trava, Tarex
Mood: emotionless, curious

IC: Tukeli paused at looked at the ground as she pondered the words.  Repopulated... by them...? It was a nice thought... she supposed this place wasn't too bad.  She'd always felt loyal to Le-Koro, but had been struggling to exercise that loyalty since she became a Toa, and the tree village wasn't that far away... she might feel better about the idea if she had a reason... or maybe Kunitu wasn't quite being all that serious to begin with.  A single statement shouldn't be enough sway her judgement.  No, such things needed to be dealt with carefully.  Maybe she would stick around, if she had a better reason to.  After all, besides her own devotion, she didn't really have any duties elsewhere.  
She glanced back over at Kunitu at his question.  The blue Toa just shrugged towards the lake and uttered a single word.  ''Practice.''

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC: Tuara Drigton - Sea Floor

Tuara dropped into the bubble, her boots landing hard on the wet earth. The place wasn't recognizable to most of them and Tuara was no exception. The place had been entirely destroyed, save for a half smashed crate. She wondered to herself if Dorian knew anything about their location.

The Toa of fire wiped the water off her face shook her hands out. She would've warmed herself up with a fire but had already decided the less oxygen Skyra had to replace the better. Tuara straightened up a bit more, her pole-hammer positioned neatly on her back. The only reason she brought it along was in case they needed to break down the stone door. She knew it wouldn't work, but if they tried to smash into the temple it'd be her to do it. It just made sense. She hadn't busted anything inside out in a while either and she was looking forward to the possibility. She nodded to Dorian as if only now noticing him, "Oh shoot, I thought Shaddix drowned," Tuara joked before asking more seriously, "Everybody make it alright?"

Utu's feet slammed down loudly, his landing clearly without much support or strength. He fell onto one knee before losing his balance with an audible grunt. The Toa of Ice suddenly felt embarrassed as he started up to see all the party members staring at him. His gaze faltered and shied away to the side as if doing so would avoid recognition of his growing weakness.

Tuara turned back to the rest of the group, "Let's get moving. I'd rather not drown today."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Toa Tukeli
Mood: emotionless

IC: The Ga-Toa blinked, and glanced away for a split second.  Vague...? Was that a bad thing?  
''Um... still learning control over my element...'' Tukeli said a bit awkwardly, with a short, nervous step back.  She wasn't quite sure how to explain it in just a few words, but hoped that was enough to get the point across.  ''Where better than a lake...?''

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC: "An ocean, maybe." Tarex offered in response neutrally.

Hm. Speaking of, he had to wonder how Jolek was doing on controlling his. 

Probably okay if he sticks to cities, he reasoned, being entirely wrong but not having the luxury of knowing it.

helo frens

Toa Tukeli

IC: Tukeli shook her head in response.  
''Nah.  Takes me too far from Le-Koro.''  If she wanted to be by the ocean, she would have returned to Ga-Koro years ago.  

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC: "Fair enough." he said simply. While the little campsite he'd grown up with Jolek in had been mere minutes from the coast, from what he had understood through long traveling, maps, and a respectable amount of guesswork, civilization proper was much deeper inland.

Sure, they had canals and such, but that was neither here nor there.

helo frens

Toa Tukeli

IC: 
''M-me..?'' Her voice was quiet and meek.  Assuming the answer was yes, she shook her head, and nervously kicked at the ground.  ''I... I was... once.'' Tukeli replied.  ''A... a very long time ago...'' She gave a small smile.  ''But... I still feel loyal to Le-Koro, that's why I never left...'' 

She paused.  Even if things will never be the same... I don't feel like I could ever belong anywhere else.  At least, not yet.

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Toa Tukeli

IC: Tukeli's only response was a nod.  
''What about you? What brings you here?''

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC (Cael)

"Thank you for the advice," Cael said to Krayn. "But if we do get ourselves into trouble, I'll probably end up more of a liability than anything. I'll just stay out of your way."

"Let's get moving," Tuara said loudly. "I'd rather not drown today."

Cael had said much the same only a few minutes ago, but the group seemed to take it better from the Toa of fire. As the group began to move, the healer did her best to manipulate the currents to keep the bubble floating with them instead of off in another direction.

On Tuara's insistence I started to use my element to nudge the bubble toward the direction we wished to go. With Cael manipulating the currents it was fairly easy and painless to do. 

"Have any of you been in this temple before?" I figured getting a good idea of the layout would be nice. 

IC:

Praggos and I nodded - Praggos a little more open, and me curtly. I had been in the temple, and I remembered every inch of it - I'd walked in with the Mark Bearers and walked out with Heuani. Only Utu and I had left under our own power. Or maybe just Utu.

"Praggos will guide everyone in."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Pity," she said "Seeing all of these butlers around here had me thinking about getting one of my own. But anyway; now that that's over with, let's get back to doing whatever it was we were doing before all this."

She turned to face the resident Le-Toa. "Greed, dear, what were doing again?"

-Void

IC (Greed)

"I was going to say steal a ship," the green Toa said carelessly. "But upon further thought, I think I'd rather smash Pala-Koro, and then steal a ship."

He glanced around at the assembled team. "Raise your hand if you disagree. No? No. Good. Let's get moving."

IC: (Viera)

Viera considered raising her hand, but even the juvenile humor one might find amusing in such an act failed to amount to the lack of humor in her spirit at this point, and so she merely fell in line behind Anthyn, eyes to the ground and hands behind her back. If any of the Daedra were to glance at her, she would give them a downtrotten look of surrender and then cast her gaze back to terra firma. This was going to be a long year.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Alfon

This is the first time I've had people scream for my blood.

See, I hadn't made myself very appealing to the crowd so far. To them, I was just the ragged prisoner desperately clinging onto life, running on nothing but fumes and pent-up anger. But this guy, he walks in all strong and confident, right? Showing off the charisma of some glorified gladiator, like he's about to enjoy beating me to a bloody pulp or something. Who do you think the crowd's going to cheer for?

Regardless, the stranger succeeded in invigorating their excitement. They all wanted a fight, and we'd give it to them.

Thing is, it looked like none of us were going to die.

Thank. God.

Only I could see the look on the man's face, our spectators oblivious to his reassuring wink. I held his gaze, understanding the opportunity he'd just given me, and in that moment, my sudden relief turned into exhilaration. A small smile crept onto my face, and right then and there, he knew I was ready to play the game.

"Alright then." I muttered. "Let's dance."

And with that, I charged.

OOC: So for the fight, I'm okay if you want to bunny some of Alfon's actions in your posts for a more realistic fight, so long as he doesn't lose a limb or something  ;) Also sorry for the wait.

IC: Aerus (Bright-Star Inn, Le-Koro)

My façade almost drops as the Toa presents me with his rather unexpected question, but I breathe a silent sigh of relief as Merror speaks on my behalf and another Toa arrives. I turn to glance at her before returning my attention to the others - black armour, most likely a Toa of Earth, wearing a Hau. Seems to be in good shape. Not sure of her moral stance, although judging by my other two companions it's safe to say that she is the 'sinner'. Could pose a threat if she doesn't believe me, assuming she doesn't have the same faith in Merror most others seem to share.

I return my attention to the Toa who addressed me, lowering my head slightly. "I came to Joske, delivering a message on Echelon's behalf. Before the fight."

IC: Sloth (Rama Hive, Le-Wahi)

Sloth stood firmly in place, her hands at her side and her expression cold. "No."

She looked around at the other Daedra, her gaze coming to a halt on Greed. "This team has been together for the best part of a few minutes, and you're already planning to attack a ruined village? On a whim?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

"I don't like it either," I replied, shrugging. "As things stand, I'm not about to let anybody get grievously wounded or killed, and that includes inside some old musty temple." As we continued moving towards the temple, I added in one last comment:

"Please, though, whatever you do, if you see some shiny gold artifact or a chest containing some mystical, otherworldly power, don't touch them. I'd rather not have to run away from evil monkeys or a giant stone boulder, or get my face melted off, if it's alright with you."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"Hear that? She doesn't like you. I don't like you, either. You just watch yourself. I'm a wanted man. Know how many Koros I would've gotten the death sentence in? Like...twelve. If we had twelve Koros."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Truth be told, I'm a bit more worried of you doing something stupid out of spite," I said, smiling sweetly back at Cipher, before turning to Skyra.

"It's perfectly okay, Miss Daring. I don't really like me either, just my continued, healthy, unscarred existence, so that makes two of us. Sorta." And then, after listening to Dorian, I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be careful."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now