BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Well, if it's spite you're worried about," he responded casually, returning the light-hearted grin. "Don't do anything stupid like tempting me, and we'll be perfectly fine."

Bit of an uppity little prick, aren't we?

Your loss.

helo frens

IC: Utu Kotore - Sea Floor

As we moved through the bubble I hadn't said much. I was exercising my right to ignore the witless banter the most of our party seemed to partake in. I already didn't like most of them.

Onuzek was as big as a mountain and as dumb as some bricks. But at least he managed to listen to simple instruction. I wasn't a fan. Skyra was kind of annoying and the more she talked to Dorian to more I hated her. She was one of those people. We didn't have many of them in Tu-Koro, and with pretty good reason too I realized. Krayn was alright. He seemed to be along for the ride just because Skyra was. Or something? Didn't know. Didn't care. Cipher. Hmm. No thanks. Tuara wasn't too bad. She got stuff done at least. Still seemed a little stuck up, but at least she rolled her eyes about as much as I wanted to. Praggos was sufferable. He was smart at least. I could maybe get used to him but there was a part of me that told me I shouldn't.

I was quickly realizing how much I didn't care for Dorian especially. All I had gotten so far from him was that he held too much influence over the others and he thought he was funny. I just got a bad vibe from the guy, like he came with bad juju. I hadn't had a real conversation with him yet and I didn't really intend to.

So I walked in the back, having no inclination for small-talk with any of the people present. I just walked with my eyes fixed on what was ahead of me. We had to open up the temple or I would die. Those were the terms.

My father once told me and my sister that he could achieve immortality not by flesh, but by name. He was dead set that he would be remembered forever, and that his legacy would last into the ages. I choked that idea out of him when I murdered him in the hallways of his legacy.

I should mention I was everything but optimistic that the doors would ever open. Sooner or later this Mark would choke the life from me, and I would experience organ failure. The world would forget about me and with the last person to speak my name I would die a second time. Death of flesh was certainly scary, but what scared me the most was that second demise. I didn't want to be erased. And despite what you've promised, I still doubt you'll tell my story.

My eyes remained fixated on the world ahead of me, but I picked up my pace to close the gap between me an the Toa of Water, "How do you manage," I quietly asked Cael, the only Toa present I had no reason to hate or be annoyed by.  "Are they always like this?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

I could feel myself getting angrier the closer we got to the temple.

The woods outside the temple had been largely levelled by the blasts, but the husks of trees were still blackened, gnarled and standing like statues over the sepulchre of the Kumu Islets. Entire groves were reduced to twigs and scraps of bark stuck to the ground or floating aimlessly in the air. Praggos, Skyra, and Dorian Shaddix himself led the push, with Cipher acting as a connector with the rest of the group. Skyra was bubbly as ever and Praggos was reciprocating, but Dorian's machine-gun wit had dried up when they began to cut through the woods, and slowly he became surlier. Even Cipher had stopped trying to engage him in conversation; Dor's jacket rustled slightly with every step the merc took. Once, it nearly caught on a passing branch that would have torn the fabric, but Dor didn't even turn back to check on it. Praggos turned to look at him and saw his eyes staring a thousand yards ahead, saw the angry way his mouth had twisted, saw Dorian thumb the chamber of his gun. Something crunched under his feet; he'd stepped on a hunk of bark thrown hastily over something golden, and when Skyra bent down to pick it up she found that it was a scarf of golden cashmere, faded and stained with blood from tassel to halfway up the accessory. Her eyes went to Dorian, but he had eyes only for the temple. Tuara's fist clenched.

The temple was, somehow, bigger than they'd all remembered.

"Praggos," Dorian summoned casually, his first word in several minutes, "do you remember, when we were all getting together for the Bearer family reunion, when I got to the Temple?" Praggos' brow wrinkled in thought.

"Weren't you already here?" the Toa of Ice asked, with reasonable skepticism; it wasn't like Dorian to forget such a detail.

"I was already here," he confirmed. "I'd been on the Islets for a few weeks casing things out for Brykon, and I checked the door myself while I waited for you all. Tried smooth talking it, tried all these mystical words, I tried knocking and shooting and beating my way in. I messed with the carvings of each Mark, including my own, and it didn't budge. Not until we were all here." Dorian had reached the temple steps and stood on a ragged crimson splotch, spinning on his heel casually. Tuara winced; as all those who had been present during the Temple's last opening remembered, upon seeing that there was only space for one Mark Bearer of Cruelty at the door Dorian Shaddix had spun around on that very spot, in the very same way he just had, and pulled Yuru Smither's heart out through his chest with his bare hand.

"We only have one Mark," said Dorian softly. A hush fell over the group. They all saw it was true.

"Did one of you guys leave a key under the doormat last time?" Cipher asked, grinning sheepishly.

"There's no way we're cracking our way in here, Praggos. All your Marks were wiped out by whatever is in the temple. I lost mine fighting Heuani. Only Utu here still has his tat, and you can't open the temple with just one Mark. Which I knew before we dived...which you knew before we dived." Praggos sighed through clenched teeth and nodded. Skyra looked confused.

"But...that doesn't make sense," she started, still blind to the point Dorian was driving at. Cipher got it, though, and for once his comical expression was dark and stormy. Tuara's eyes were widening as it started to dawn on her. Onuzek was wondering why people weren't smiling anymore.

"Alright buddy," Utu started sarcastically, "Then why'd we bother hopping down the rabbit hole? What the is your people's plan?"

"Why did we come all this way if we can't open the temple?" Skyra finished, shooting Utu a glare.

"Because we can." Praggos' voice was pained. "Utu's blood is toxic. Full of krillactum. If we can manipulate or synthesize enough, we can get the temple open and get Utu inside. But it's toxic. Near radioactive. Manipulating it could cause irreparable damage, agonizing death, if you're lucky. You'd need either a full lab setup, or--"

"--a Toa of Iron." Dorian Shaddix's voice was hard and cold, and for a second he looked every inch the merciless, debonair killer that had first visited this temple nearly two years prior. "A skilled one. One that we could risk dying." 

There was another hush. Skyra Daring's hand went to her katana. Praggos hung his head; for once, he looked almost ashamed.

"That's not why we're here," Tuara put out a stern finger, clearly a little shaken up, but still trying to maintain the peace while however far beneath the waves they were, "We're here to see if any of this will make Utu remember where we can can find more krillactum elsewhere."

"Status update everybody:" Utu said loudly, "All I remember right now is that you people are insane."

Dorian only had eyes for Tuara. His face was still as stone, expressionless as it had been when he wore the Mark of Anger, but something in his eyes made him look like Heuani was running him through with his cursed flamberge all over again. "You didn't know. That's good. I was worried you did. Praggos knew. Didn't want to admit it, didn't want to consider that there wasn't an alternative, but he knew. He tried to avoid this. That's why he's not dead right now." Dorian's eyes turned to Cael, singularly silent, golden eyes pleading.

"You knew, though. Didn't you? You saved Utu's life, after I killed him. He'd been dead for an hour, it must have been his Mark somehow. Did you see how it worked? Figure out it wasn't voodoo after all? Figure out that I trusted you enough to follow you to the bottom of the sea, to this goddamned temple to die for Utu Kotore?" His voice grew soft and quiet; it was the last voice Yuru Smithers had ever heard, right in the very spot Dor stood now. "For Utu Kotore. Did you know?"

-Tyler
Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Cael)

She opened her mouth to say no, but as she did, she remembered.

...as she directed her power towards Utu's damaged brain, she was half-conscious of flickering images flashing across her own. Scenes of carnage and war, of terrible violence and bloodshed, all seen through the eyes of Utu Kotore. And woven throughout it all: the sour taste of fear.

The healer pushed past the memories, pressing herself deeper into the Mark, seeking the knowledge she needed. It spoke in pictures and emotions and words repeated from long-past conversations, communicating as best as it could. Through the rush of sensations and impressions, she managed to gather that Utu's brain had started to die. The metallic taste of blood coated her tongue as the Mark played out for her the memory of Dorian's attack, his attempt to rid this world of Its Darling, Its beloved, whom It belonged to. They were one; they were one.

His heart had stopped, His ravished heart, and His lungs ceased to breathe. So It took control, pulling at spent sinews and strangled muscle, and made His heart to wake. To beat again, to carry Its love through His fair veins, that there might be no flaw in Him.

Whither is thy Beloved gone?

that we may seek Him with thee.

They poured out their strength, the Healer and the Healer and the Child, and the river of life filled His veins and His sweet heart went tha-thump tha-thump and pumped it into His brain. His cells cried out for nourishment; they were starving; they were thirsty, and the river swept them up that they might never thirst again. Neurons flashed and swelled with life, and were made whole.

And the Beloved danced upon His bed.

"Yes."

She hadn't known it until now, but the Mark had told her. It had told Praggos too: in the chaos of a dying man, the Healer and the Healer were the only ones able to save the Beloved. The Mark knew, and, no matter the cost, it would not let its Beloved die.

"The Mark told me," she said, voice calm but eyes wide as she realized the trap into which they had all walked, blindly. "When we healed Utu, his Mark gave us the knowledge to save him, but it gave us more than we knew. It told us to come here. I didn't... I didn't know, Dor... all along, it's been directing us here."

IC: Cipher, having long since sobered up as the trek became less and less... well, informal, allowed his eyebrows to rise, taken aback by this whole development. 

Well, it seemed his suspicions were correct, he concluded silently, gazing around the group and looking at the various pained expressions. He wasn't an outlier in that regard, at least, wearing an uncomfortable grimace of his own.

I've managed to stumble my way into something real, here.

Where's my adventure, Dorian? he thought, mind's voice dry and humourless in contrast to the surrealism of the word choice. You promised adventure.

Not this.

He remained silent. This was obviously not something he could offer much help with, it being so outside his reference pool. Now, he was just along for the ride.

helo frens

IC: Utu Kotore - Sea Floor - Destroyed Mark Bearer Temple

I began to chuckle quietly and Onuzek next to me gave me a concerned glance. I lifted up a relaxed hand to cover my mouth as my chuckling grew louder but pretty soon I was laughing. I fought back tears as I struggled to speak, "I thought most of you guys weren't all there, but pretty-boy here's really off his rocker."

I gave one last whoop as I gasped for air, "Can you hear yourself talk? How messed up does what you're saying sound to you?" I had begun to calm down now, "That these fine folk thought they'd drag both of us down to the bottom of the ocean where they would force you - with a wicked attitude and a loaded weapon at the bottom of the ocean - to remove my blood and then probably die," I gave him a very doubtful look, "You have got to be joking."

I scoffed, "I don't think even Onuzek here would come up with a plan that stupid. No offense big guy."

"I get it Dorian. You've got some complex going on here. It's clear you're not a fan of me. I've been getting some mixed signals - I'll admit you crying at my bedside when I didn't remember you kind of threw me off a little - but I can tell you'd rather pack up your bags and maybe toss me into the water so the pressure can crush my skull and chest and you can go back to your miserable life doing whatever it is you people waste oxygen on. You've been looking at me like I'm some slab of meat you've got to carry around ever since we left Le-Koro, and it's starting to get on my nerves a bit. If you've got beef with me, trying coming to me about it instead of sulking off to the side all the time. You're more pathetic than I am, and you're not the one dying. Nobody's forcing you to stick around pretty-boy," I growled, "I sure ain't."

I crossed my arms, the volume of my voice slowly rising, "The Mark wants my blood to open the door?" I rolled my eyes, now talking to the rest of the group, "I'm still in control here, and if I'm completely honest, out of all the people to die so I can live I get the feeling I wouldn't mind if it was Woriab Shivass, but as far as I'm concerned it's a terrible plan."

I bore angry holes in Dorian's eyes, "I don't want psycho here to die so I can live."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

I had, momentarily, felt regretful and sorry for what had to happen. I had, momentarily, revealed those emotions to the group around me, but now I had no ability to do that. I had shoved them down within, buried them beneath the sense of urgency as to what must happen in order to cure Utu of his mark. My fear that Dorian might die, that this plan might still not work, that all the others would begin to fight down here, I buried those too. My face took on a robotic flatness, my tone becoming sharp as I spoke to all those around me.

"This silly arguing gets us nowhere," I said, the words cutting through the silence left after Utu had finished speaking. "This is the only place where the Mark that is killing Utu can be removed, and I think that somewhere we all knew that even if we could find the Krillactum that had been stashed around the island that it probably wouldn't be enough. It's a rare element, and quite a bit of it was expended when our marks were removed. The fact of the matter is that we need to make more, if we want to open this door." Despite my tone, the fact that I was burying every last emotion that came up to the forefront of my mind back down, my throat burned, though my eyes had yet to tear up at all.

"I'd rather not lose any of you, and if I can manage it at all, Dorian won't die. Nor will you, Utu, not any of the rest of us. But this is dangerous, and nobody knows the full effects pure Krillactum may have upon the body. Dorian may die, and there's no way to change that. There never was. This plan, this directness...it brings the least danger to the overall group, though it brings the highest danger to any single member of the group out of any plan we may have used." I turned to Dorian, and my features softened, slightly, though his didn't. And, pained, I whispered quietly:

"I'm sorry, Dorian. This is really the only way...it would have come to this sooner or later. We both realized that, I think." I snapped my head back to Utu, frowning again, my expression as hard and robotic as before.

"We will need a blood sample for Dorian, to extract some of the metal from it, to get a feel for it from that. If you want your mark removed, if you want to live another day, then you'll comply. Cael can take the sample, and I'll be here doing all I can to ensure that Dorian doesn't die." My eyes themselves grew hard, then, as I affixed Utu completely with my stare.

"But if this plan is truly so laughable to you, seemingly so stupid, then I challenge you to come up with one better. Cael and I both have been trying to figure out how to save your life, so if you have any plan you have thought of over the time you've been with us, speak now and tell us, or let us go to work...and don't even think about trying to ruin all the hard work that has gone into this by stepping outside of this bubble."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Utu Kotore - Sea Floor - Destroyed Mark Bearer Temple

"Did you maybe think to ask me?"

Why did you defend the Darling of Rage.

It wasn't about defending him. He had it out for me the moment I told him I didn't remember anything. Ever since I can remember, my life had been a series of events with a plan already set for me. That sort of thing was exactly why I left Tu-Koro with bodies in the snow.

"This is my life isn't it? For some people who've been trying to save my life you sure seem like I'm not here most of the time." I hissed at Praggos, "Maybe I don't want to be saved. Not if we're going to kill somebody to do it. I'd rather be left alone then," My posture faltered slightly, "There's enough blood on my hands already and I don't want any more. We have to find another way."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"You're right."

For the first time since arriving at the temple, the De-Toa spoke. The sound was almost a surprise, the calm, smooth voice joining into the tense and rather heated confrontation in progress. He was more than a little surprised himself; not by the fact that he had joined in, but why. He was shocked by why he cared at all, and more specifically, why he felt it important to save the Bearer of Fear. 

He and Utu Kotore had come to face multiple times. Multiple separate conflicts, woven into one long tapestry that was the existence of the Mark Bearers. Dorian played a role there too, another face he had encountered before, on the opposite side of the line. But their first meeting was what stood out in his memory. That first time, in a Ga-Wahi clearing, when he had allowed himself to be taken captive. To feed information to his allies, though they were not yet anything more. That first time, when the plan had been to leave him to die. He had seen Utu Kotore as the Mark Bearer of Fear, he had seen him, along with his allies, terrorize, maim, and kill. Dorian too. The De-Toa thought himself a forgiving man, but of all the people in the world, he struggled to find it in himself to forgive them. He was more than a little annoyed by his Commander, who apparently found it easy to forgive the Fe-Toa and more at that.

"You spat in Utu's face. Death's face."

But this wasn't Death anymore. It wasn't even Utu anymore. The being that stood before him was the Bearer of Fear before he was the Bearer of Fear, a man unaware of the further atrocities he had brought about. But perhaps what truly drove the point home, what truly proved there was something left to save, was what he said. The desire to spare a man he had, at varying times, considered a friend and an enemy, a man he did not truly know anymore, at the potential cost of his own life.

Perhaps the De-Toa didn't have it in him to forgive Utu Kotore. But he deserved the second chance that had been offered to him.

"We haven't asked you. Or rather, they haven't. You've heard the plan, and you've heard why. Well, allow me to make this clear and simple. In order to keep on living, you need to get into that temple. In order to get into that temple, we would need all of the Marks, or their equivalent. Fear, Pain, Hope, Cruelty, Joy, Rage, he list goes on. We do not have them." He held up a hand, and with a visible distortion outside of the bubble, a powerful sonic blast struck the temple. Enhanced by the medium it traveled through, an equivalent wave of energy would have destroyed stone. "I just targeted the weakest point of the temple, as scouted by my element. It isn't even scratched. It wouldn't be scratched if every one of us stood here all day, doing all we could to destroy it."

"We need that krillactum to get inside. Praggos is correct; this is the only viable plan. So let me ask; Do you want to deny this plan, and doom yourself to death? Or do you want to try it, and allow Dorian to risk death?" The De-Toa paused, and when he spoke again, his voice was a little quieter. "There's a great irony here that you can't understand, Kotore. Suffice to say that for a very, very long time, I would not have minded watching either of you die. Now, however... You've got a chance to live, and maybe make up for the things you've done, whether you know what they are or not."

"You're being given a chance. And a choice. Don't waste them."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Skyra

My hands shook as I reached for my katana, what I was planning to do with it I couldn't say, maybe I just wanted to hold the blade, a sort of reassurance....

I put my trembling hands down, there wasn't any point. What was I gonna do? Stab Utu with it? As much as I hated the guy I wasn't a killer, and the guy didn't even remember what he had done, he was even insisting that he didn't want Dorian to die for him. I agreed with him there, it was stupid, if I had known this was the plan I wouldn't have agreed to help....make the stupid bubble that got us there....I wanted to hit something...maybe Praggos...

Instead I just stood there, subconsciously maintaining the bubble, slowly realising that there was literally nothing I could do...the bubble even assured I couldn't walk away from this, unless I wanted to drown everyone. 

My lips quivered, I'd only been friends with Dorian for a very short while, and enemies even longer, yet I was really upset that he might possibly die. What was wrong with me? Krayn probably thought I needed mental help...maybe I did, the old me wouldn't have done any of this...the old me wouldn't have forgiven Dorian so easily...or flirted with him...

Something wet went down my face, realising what it was I turned away from everyone just enough so no one would see it, especially my mother. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

As her fellows continued to quarrel, Vyartha remained uncharacteristically silent. The uncontrolled escalation of their previous argument, not even two minutes before this present one, had shown her that trying to correct the hopelessly flawed viewpoints around her to be too time-consuming and exhausting to be of any worth. Besides, any investment she had in this spat was minimal; unlike Sloth, she had no qualms about where to go and what to burn and who to kill. Let Pala, or Ihu, or Le, or Ga go the way of Xa and be annihilated; the universe saw one ruined village to be pretty well identical to the next.

And if the universe doesn't care, why should I?

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Dehkaz

"Hm? Right, sorry about that.  My mind was elsewhere for a moment," he replied, his gaze following the trees up to the village suspended above them.  With a final shove, he pushed the cart, and it's unfortunate occupants, into one of the larger elevators that made it possible to reach the Koro of Air.

"Shame they haven't come too yet, then they could walk themselves," he commented dryly.

Thankfully, there was just enough room so that the two of them could get in as well, without it being too cramped.  Dehkaz stepped aside, and held out a hand.

"After you."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC:
No formatting on weekdays. On weekends is the only time I will be fixing this. I only have my mobile where I'm living/working.

IC: Tuara Drigton - Sea Floor - Destroyed Mark Bearer Temple

"Recreate the original event."

The group all turned to the surprisingly quiet Toa of fire who had spoken with a rather dreamy tone. Upon realizing the potential for her idea she took a step forward and spoke with the confidence and strength she was known for, "We know that just seeing people from his memory isn't enough or he would have remembered us, so why would bringing him here have helped anyways?" she had the team's attention, "It isn't enough. We have to do more than show you faces and places you know," Tuara looked at Utu, "If there's the slightest chance that there's some more krillactum. Echelon couldn't have manipulated you without some.

Utu you have to remember."

She took a few steps back, speaking with some command in her voice, "We have to choose the point that Utu was most emotionally charged. It will increase your chances of picking it up again. Everybody who was there in whatever point we choose has to stand in their original position. The others can fill in other spaces. Angelus and I were about this far from the entrance pretty much the whole time."

She looked to Dorian and Praggos, only now pausing in her speech. Her hands were on her hips and her chin was lifted in pride, "You two knew him the best," she pointed at the pair, "What point should we set to?"

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Varan

Oxygen. Wonderful, glorious oxygen. His lungs nearly burst with it as he broke through the water and clung to the shoreline. Weakly crawling his way out of the swamp waters, he reminisces of the battles he had just fought. They were after him - all of them were. And now, nothing. Only that insect thing was still pursuing, and he escaped him. So, now what?

He remembered. Kaama, that coward. He had Varan's prize in Po-Wahi. Shaking the water off of his armor, Varan fashioned a new cloak from large, brown leaves and root-rope. He made a staff from a broken branch, and began hobbling out of the Fau Swamp. Po-Koro was far, sure - but he was out of options.

OOC: Open for interaction

IC:

Zeth rolled his eyes dramatically.

"At this rate you'll drive me completely crazy. I mean, really, you think a guy like me could take down a guy like you?"

He held up his diminutive hands to support his point.

IC: Mesonak growled. "Okay, okay, fine! Jeez. Now - wait, why are we teaming up? I forget."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Zeth

"It was just a suggestion, since we're both after the same guy." the Toa of Gravity replied casually.

And so I can keep an eye on you...

OOC: Rune from Ko-Wahi

IC:

Thick mud blanketed the earth and clung to Rune's calves as she trekked slowly onward towards Le-Koro. The last time she'd been there she'd seen a Matoran's head get demolished by a psychopath's hammer. She had pursued the murderous Toa, all the way to the drifts of Ko-Wahi, and ended his life there on her own terms.

Why? She didn't know. She hadn't even known the Matoran personally. Usually death didn't have the normal effects on her, but for some reason this particular incident had boiled her blood.

Maybe I'm just bursting at the seams.

She sighed heavily, noticing a cloaked figure approaching her through the dense foliage. The being walked with a limp, as if crippled. She almost offered the being her assistance, but thought better of it. Who was she to offer kindness to strangers?

Edited by Requiem

IC Jrahann

Jrahann gently elbowed Asuno as two combatants entered the arena. "The show is starting, let's see if anything interesting happens."

IC Asuno: 

"About time", grumbled Asuno. He hoped there'd be something to queue him into continuing this blasted mission. He wanted to rescue the red Skakdi, not wait.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

IC: Arjun

Arjun sat in the Bright Star Inn, taking a few sips of his favorite drink. It was a sugary drink for a good day. Because today he was planning on going back up in the sky. After an incident with his Rama which left him with a near-broken ankle, Arjun was grounded for a while. His own physical health had to come first if he didn't want a permanent grounding, and that meant taking time off.

Too long, he thought to himself. He was excited, and psyched, to be getting back in the game today. He visited Hashir on multiple occasions over the past few months to clean him, groom him, and otherwise make sure the insect didn't forget who the master was. He did not want a repeat of the incident. Arjun didn't blame Hashir- if anything he blamed himself. One hole in his quiver was enough to make an arrow slide through and poke the Rahi in the side. Anyone would have panicked. But the hole was patched, his ankle was better, and last time he saw the bug he seemed very ready to get up in the skies again.

He lifted his cup, and to himself toasted, "Here's to no more bucking."

OOC: Open for interaction.

BZPRPG

IC: Zeth

"It was just a suggestion, since we're both after the same guy." the Toa of Gravity replied casually.

And so I can keep an eye on you...

OOC: Rune from Ko-Wahi

IC:

Thick mud blanketed the earth and clung to Rune's calves as she trekked slowly onward towards Le-Koro. The last time she'd been there she'd seen a Matoran's head get demolished by a psychopath's hammer. She had pursued the murderous Toa, all the way to the drifts of Ko-Wahi, and ended his life there on her own terms.

Why? She didn't know. She hadn't even known the Matoran personally. Usually death didn't have the normal effects on her, but for some reason this particular incident had boiled her blood.

Maybe I'm just bursting at the seams.

She sighed heavily, noticing a cloaked figure approaching her through the dense foliage. The being walked with a limp, as if crippled. She almost offered the being her assistance, but thought better of it. Who was she to offer kindness to strangers?

IC: Mesonak

"Oh yeah... that's what we're doing. Well then, what next, parnter?" Mesonak smiled and tilted his head to one side.

IC: Varan

Varan sensed another presence near him. Looking up slightly, he could make out another being directly in front of him - a Toa of Electricity, to be specific. What now? He could feel his endurance beginning to collapse, and he knew he wouldn't be able to fight her. He needed the Master.

IC: Arjun

Arjun sat in the Bright Star Inn, taking a few sips of his favorite drink. It was a sugary drink for a good day. Because today he was planning on going back up in the sky. After an incident with his Rama which left him with a near-broken ankle, Arjun was grounded for a while. His own physical health had to come first if he didn't want a permanent grounding, and that meant taking time off.

Too long, he thought to himself. He was excited, and psyched, to be getting back in the game today. He visited Hashir on multiple occasions over the past few months to clean him, groom him, and otherwise make sure the insect didn't forget who the master was. He did not want a repeat of the incident. Arjun didn't blame Hashir- if anything he blamed himself. One hole in his quiver was enough to make an arrow slide through and poke the Rahi in the side. Anyone would have panicked. But the hole was patched, his ankle was better, and last time he saw the bug he seemed very ready to get up in the skies again.

He lifted his cup, and to himself toasted, "Here's to no more bucking."

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Jakura

A tall Ta-Toa wearing a hooded, trench coat-style jacket took a seat across from Arjun and raised his glass.

"Yes, here's to."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Dekhaz

"I didn't know about it first, actually, it was an anonymous tip-off someone gave over in Po-Koro, given the nature of the gang's reputation, I can't blame them.  There was some doubt about the validity of the claim, so the Guard--excuse me, Sentinels--sent out a scout to the area.  They contacted Le-Koro, and started discussing possible plans with the Force.  I got into the mission by chance, hearing it mentioned when I was back at HQ.  Having had some experience with the sort of thing, I took over the mission personally.  The original idea was to go in full-force, though I didn't want to endanger anyone who wasn't prepared to handle dealing with criminals with a grudge."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -