BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded.

'You're right to be cautious, Valria,' he said. 'I'm counting on you being on your guard. Still, it's all too easy for a vulnerable person to fall in with the wrong crowd, and Echelon has a strange...charisma, I suppose, for the unstable. This Matoran says he's strayed into the shadow, but is looking for redemption.'

He shrugged.

'I have to believe in that.'

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Derlath

The forests of Le-Wahi were usually abuzz with some kind of life, even at night. Nocturnal bats, predatory cats and soft-flowing water.

But not this night.

The Po-Lesterin ran frantically thought the jungle, vines and leaves slapping his face. His every action sounded deafening in the jungle that had seemed to hold its breath, as if sensing the Lesterin's inevitable doom.

But still Jooruz ran. And still his pursuer stalked.

Jooruz tripped on a suddenly exposed root. Falling, the silently weeping Lesterin scraped his elbows. He tried to scramble up, only to hear the soft footsteps of his pursuer.

Heart sinking, he turned his head. It was raining now, and lightning illuminated the Kanohi Pakari of his pursuer.

Derlath stood, unmoving, above the sprawled ex-employer. His blades did not so much as vibrate.

Suddenly, Jooruz sprang up and ran, firing his pistol behind him. The bullets hit the ground with heavy "clunks". Derlath suddenly rushed forward, as light as the rain. A backhand Pakari-enhanced blow cracked Jooruz's armour, but not enough to his ribs. The shrapnel cut into his side, causing the disgraced crime lord to cry out in pain.

Sprawled in the muddy ground, Derlath stepped over Jooruz.

"Do you know why this is happening?" the surprisingly youthful-sounding bass voice asked.

"Yes," Jooruz said as he gulped for air. He had betrayed the one person he could not afford to.

"You sold me out to Onu-Koro while I was working for you there. Do you know how annoyed I am? All that tech... I could have been so much more efficient. You would have been so much more powerful.

"But no," Derlath half-knelt on the ground, increasing Jooruz's gravity until he sank halfway into the disgusting mud. "You feared the Crab Army more than you did for me. And that is an insult.

"Don't worry though. You'll get a quick death. They'll even think it was a suicide, driven by despair after someone, namely myself, killed your family and allies," Derlath rose and brandished a rope. Jooruz's eyes went wide before surgical application of gravitational manipulation snapped his neck.

---

Le-Koro Guards later found the body of a Po-Lesterin, hanging from a rope. The verdict was suicide, although why he would hang himself when he had a loaded pistol, albeit two bullets short of a full magazine, was a mystery.

The culprit was never found, although he was currently having his midday meal in the Bright Star Inn in Le-Koro.

OOC: Long Char intro.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: A mottled-white Toa slid into the chair facing Derlath. "Mind if I sit here?," it asked with ease, androgynous lips moving in organic fluidity and yet having the natural hesitation to remain well within social norms.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

It was as if a cloud had passed over Dorian Shaddix's face and then flitted away; the shade lifted and his eyes twinkled like awestruck stars. This was his show, this team his orchestra, these crucial moments his one and true chance. I can control what I am.

Somewhere between savage and superhero.

This is who I am.

I just know it.

This temple had changed the lives of everyone who first stood at its outskirts forever; now it would do so again, though whether it was in a more positively irreparable way only Utu could decide. Utu and Dorian. Tank and Yuru. Four Horsemen. War. Pestilence. Famine. 

Death. There was death all around, like rotting humors in Skyra's air bubble - Yuru was dead. For the purposes of this revival, would no one dedicate themselves fully to their art?

No takers?

For the purposes of this production, I have to ask that, until exiting the theatre, everyone make a conscious effort not to yell 'Macbeth.'

"What the is he do--?" Utu asked, the same second Praggos hissed "Shut up" and Tuara calmly ordered, "Let him work."

I snapped my fingers once at Utu (the Cynic), then snapped again at the spot beside me. Snap once at Krayn, and point to where Tank (the Optimist). The Realist (I) stand(s) with Utu. We will have no Yuru - there is no room for the Apathetic in our little circle of trust.

No point in bothering with words or spare glances - I would need them all to make the ruse work effectively. With Utu's eyes boring into me, and Krayn watching warily, I lean down and start to create.

I can make you feel something. I start from the feet, and design up. All his imperfections and his finer qualities, each brushstroke of his cruel frame and harsh face, I can remember each. I remember Yuru.

I remember every one of them.

I can make you feel something.

That's what art is all about.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Derlath did not show any signs of acknowledgement while he pondered the situation.

This person was either a fool, whom he could chase away, or, most likely, knew who Derlath was. In the second instance, it would certainly benefit Derlath to establish rapport, whether or not this Komuhu fellow was a for or... Ally.

Derlath smiled a small smile and shook Komuhu's hand, careful for any weapons conceals in his palm.

"The name is Derlath." Derlath waited to see Komuhu's response. Most people had never herd his name before, anyway, so he wanted to see if Komuhu did.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC: Derlath found no weapons hidden in Komuhu's hand, nor even a trace of any extra force or weakness in its handshake. Yet their hands remained joined a time longer than normal. There was nothing intimate about that; the time was surely not more than a millisecond Komuhu's expression remained casual for the duration of the handshake. Komuhu's nonchalant reach for his ale following was ordinary as ever. However, the duration that the Toa had gripped Derlath in was too long to be unintentional.

Komuhu acknowledged nothing to be out of the ordinary.

"Post-Maru, I've been stuck looking for work," it confided informally, taking an unaffected sip from his tankard. Its eyes bored into Derlath's as though their bearer knew him beyond small talk in an inn. "You got any?"

OOC: Don't worry, Komuhu knows Derlath. It's testing him.

[Profiles]

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded.

'You're right to be cautious, Valria,' he said. 'I'm counting on you being on your guard. Still, it's all too easy for a vulnerable person to fall in with the wrong crowd, and Echelon has a strange...charisma, I suppose, for the unstable. This Matoran says he's strayed into the shadow, but is looking for redemption.'

He shrugged.

'I have to believe in that.'

IC: (Valria)

"That's fine, you can trust him, but don't expect me to, not out of the gate. If he gains my trust then that will be great. He doesn't have it now, I'll need better proof than just his words. As much as we can tarry on this subject I'd prefer if we start talking how we're going to destroy Echelon. To be honest there's quite a few purchases I think we'll need to make before we go after him and stop this monster dead in his tracks. Every day we wait is a day he gets stronger." I replied. I respected Merror and I was willing to work with him, but he shouldn't expect others to trust blindly like that. Too many things have gone wrong, too many people have gotten hurt by such behavior. I turned to Aerus, the matoran and supposedly ex-ally to Echelon.

"I think you already know forgiveness and trust is not something you are given. It is something you earn, and it can be shattered very easily. Merror is putting faith in you, and I will respect that. However if you betray that trust, expect punishment, because it will be swift. On that you can trust me." I said to him. I went back to sipping my coffee, we've spent a lot of time talking, but not a lot of time doing. It was time to get back out in the field, and Echelon was due a reckoning and I planned on being one of the people to deliver it.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

OOC: Okie, got it.

The visitor's stare bored through Derlath, but he didn't flinch. He met it with an equal look. Not enough to cause confrontation or conflict, but enough to be just noticed.

"Not that I know of," Derlath casually replied as he took a spoonful of soup.

"It's been pretty... Tame around the island, these days," Derlath replied politely. Enough to gain the empathy of a fellow warrior, not enough to betray anything.

I wonder... Those this person know something I don't?

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC: Jakura

Jakura made his way across the Le-Koro platform, and away from the bar. He angrily shed the cloak he had been wearing and thrust it upon a vendor's table. He was surprised, though, to see that the Matoran staring him in the face was a Matoran of Sonics.

"Hello..." Jakura said warily. "Can I sell my cloak here?"

The De-Matoran took a look at the muscular Toa, who was outfitted in some sort of strange bamboo armor. A bright blue tattoo stating " :u: :m_d: :m_d: " decorated his right bicep, and a fancy-looking shield decorated his back. The Toa sported a nasty-looking weapon - a Skakdi warspear - hanging from his hip. And... was that a Kanoka launcher concealed underneath his left forearm?

Juurok smiled nervously. "Uh - uh, of course you can sell it here, heh heh! H-how about t-thirty widgets?"

Jakura, aware of the nervousness he caused in the Matoran, tried his best to appear friendly. "Thirty widgets, little one? I only spent ten on it in the first place."

Juurok gulped. "Uh, oh, is that so? T-then, perhaps you would p-prefer a trade?" He turned around. "Let me see what I have here..."

When Juurok turned around, something caught Jakura's eye - something shiny - hanging from a back hook of Juurok's stand. A Great Kanohi. And it was frighteningly familiar.

"Excuse me, fellow Matoran," Jakura said, trying not to sound surprised. "I noticed that you have a Great Kanohi - a Mask of Sensory Aptitude, I believe - hanging from your stand. May I ask where you got it?"

Juurok turned around, and when Jakura took a closer look at his rusty mask, he could see horror lining it.

"Oh, oh that? That's uh - that's a gift! From-from a friend of mine! A Naming Day present, that's all!" Juurok was trembling slightly.

Jakura had had enough. "Where did you get it, you slime? WHERE?!"

Juurok gulped and held his hands out. "Please, sir; do not hurt me!"

Jakura unsheathed his sword, the point beginning to charge with elemental energy. "Tell... me... YOUR NAME!!"

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: "I see," Komuhu replied quietly. "I'm sure you'll find work soon."

It took a heroic draft.

"Tell me:," it said; in a smooth, unhurried motion, the Toa set down its cup and leaned forwards on its arms, looking into Derlath's eyes with a gaze that did not bore but cut, "would you enjoy the occupation of being hunted down by the Ussalry?"

[Profiles]

Ic:

"Boring," the revele said, watching the fight with half interest, "throw the rest of the prisoners into the fight with them."

And so that's how the rest of the prisoners were forced into the arena, given weapons, and told to fight everyone they could.

IC Jrahann:

As soon as she heard the proclamation, Jrahann's head snapped to look at Asuno. "I don't want to know what the odds are of Ankarya surviving that." She flung off her cloak and stood, leaving Dia behind on the bench. "I'm going in there and rescuing her. Protect the Matoran." Jrahann took a last look at Asuno and Dia, ready to leap into the arena once they acknowledged her plan.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

OOC: Dude, great job on your latest Jakura post! That was a nice read, I can tell you've already improved a lot since you joined the RPG.

IC: Zeth

"Um, righto..." The Toa of Gravity shifted his shoulders in discomfort. This was crazy. He was hopping onboard with a madman, to go on some sort of quest to find someone he wasn't even sure existed.

What have I become? He mused to himself, shaking his head slowly back and forth.

Seeing Duros had opened a knew door within his heart, one that would forever remain ajar to the possibility of the survival of his former teammates. Zeth would scour the entirety of the world if he had to. There was no stopping him. He would venture where no being had dared, travel where no being had traveled. The young Toa had dug up something within himself on this day. Something he didn't even know was there.

He had found his courage.

IC: Rune

Those scars certainly held a story, and they piqued Rune's curiosity so much that she had to bite her own tongue. Could this man be a mercenary like herself? He looked too frail to be an on-duty killer, however. Perhaps just a battle-scarred veteran who'd passed his prime? The only thing she could be certain of was that this man was accustomed to the front lines.

The Toa of Lightning marveled at the way the cloaked Toa downed her canteen. He must have been parched.

The best way to get to know a stranger is to let them get to know you.

"What is your name, sir?" She held out her hand for him to shake. "Call me Rune. I'm a drifter by nature, but most of my ties remain in Le-Koro."

By ties I mean colleagues. By drifter I mean killer.

She smiled warmly.

OOC: Interaction on its way, Jakura Nuva

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Hile walked around the town square of Le-Koro, observing the mundane affairs of Le-Matoran. Again, he was beginning to get bored with the quiet lifestyle now prevailing on Mata Nui. It had been months since he had last been involved in an adventure, and even that one had proved fruitless in its rewards. Since then, Hile had been travelling all over Mata Nui, occasionally finding something interesting to chronicle, but nothing grand he could get involved with. He was beginning to get frustrated.

Now, in Le-Koro, he was hoping to at least see a party or something. What he found was far more grave. Inside a store, he could hear shouting. Attracted to action as he was, Hile went inside and saw a Toa threaten a Matoran.

"Hey!" he shouted. "What's going on here?"

IC: (Iiasmir)

"This just isn't my type of party..."

The Skakdi turned from his seat in the stands to leave the Reveler's little arena. In moments he had left the area.

A thousand thoughts hit him at once. Le-Koro was never known for its calm nature, but today it seemed especially bustling. The hulkig mass of metal and fury felt quite out of place, and in all honesty felt less like the predator and more like the prey. After all, this wasn' Ta-Koro, where he could simply retreat into the comfortablr, welcoming shadows when confronted. He was on his own, and that kind of set him off-balance.

Now, walking through the streets of Le-Koro, one might never find a situation as coincidental as this- a store robbery, and a 'hero' to stop it. The robber seemed genuinely angry, and the hero seemed as thougg he was unsure of what was going on. Thoughts like these made him curious as to how the situation would play out, and so he stuck around, waiting outside as the events in the store occurred.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Aw yes, LOTS of interaction!

OOC: Dude, great job on your latest Jakura post! That was a nice read, I can tell you've already improved a lot since you joined the RPG.

"Um, righto..." The Toa of Gravity shifted his shoulders in discomfort. This was crazy. He was hopping onboard with a madman, to go on some sort of quest to find someone he wasn't even sure existed.

What have I become? He mused to himself, shaking his head slowly back and forth.

Seeing Duros had opened a knew door within his heart, one that would forever remain ajar to the possibility of the survival of his former teammates. Zeth would scour the entirety of the world if he had to. There was no stopping him. He would venture where no being had dared, travel where no being had traveled. The young Toa had dug up something within himself on this day. Something he didn't even know was there.

He had found his courage.

Those scars certainly held a story, and they piqued Rune's curiosity so much that she had to bite her own tongue. Could this man be a mercenary like herself? He looked too frail to be an on-duty killer, however. Perhaps just a battle-scarred veteran who'd passed his prime? The only thing she could be certain of was that this man was accustomed to the front lines.

The Toa of Lightning marveled at the way the cloaked Toa downed her canteen. He must have been parched.

The best way to get to know a stranger is to let them get to know you.

"What is your name, sir?" She held out her hand for him to shake. "Call me Rune. I'm a drifter by nature, but most of my ties remain in Le-Koro."

By ties I mean colleagues. By drifter I mean killer.

She smiled warmly.

OOC: Thanks! When I have time, I do my best :P

IC: Mesonak

Mesonak was not a fan of team-ups. Teams never really fared well around him - everyone ended up dead, for, er, different reasons. But Meso realized that, for perhaps the first time in forever, he needed the help of another being. And it seemed now that he had found very valuable help, too - a Toa who thought he knew Meso's target. There's only one problem; Mesonak needed to kill Jakura. And this Toa - the title itself an enemy of Mesonak - wanted to rescue him for death.

Well, Mesonak thought to himself, looks like I'll need to kill two Toa. Darn. That's going to be difficult...

He smiled. All in a day's work for a crazy, handsome-as-all-get-out Skakdi.

"Okay, partner," Mesonak said through his smile, emphasizing the word partner. "Lead the way!"

IC: Varan

Varan's mind began screaming - no, not his mind. The Being inside of it. The Master. He was pulling - HARD - against Varan's will, and he couldn't understand why. What had this Toa done to frighten the Master? To frighten...

For the first time in his life, Varan felt an emotion that wasn't anger, or hatred, or malice coming from his Master. He felt pure, unbridled fear. but fear of what? So weak, so weak without his Mask...

Varan cleared his throat and pushed against the Master's will. He was curious, and though he didn't realize it, he was truly disobeying the Master for the first time in his life.

"My - my name is Varan. I am a... freelancer of sorts. I, too, have most ties here in Le-Koro, though my reach - I mean, my employer's reach is far across the island. I"m - I'm seeking a De-Matoran known as Juurok. He owns a stand and sells - Kanohi. I-I need a new one."

Varan's head slowly began to squeeze, as every word he had uttered returned to him and to the Master, angering him and bringing forth his rage upon Varan. But Varan knew he could show no weakness, and must maintain his image. He held his break and shrak further beneath his cloak. But then, he saw something - that smile. That Toa's smile, it was -

It was as if a bolt of electricity coursed through his mind, but not from the Master - no, this was different. It was both painful and marvelous at the same time, and it made a tear slip from Varan's eye.

And whether his accepted it or not, Varan was changing.

His true destiny was beginning to reveal itself.

OOC: Interaction on its way, Jakura Nuva

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Hile walked around the town square of Le-Koro, observing the mundane affairs of Le-Matoran. Again, he was beginning to get bored with the quiet lifestyle now prevailing on Mata Nui. It had been months since he had last been involved in an adventure, and even that one had proved fruitless in its rewards. Since then, Hile had been travelling all over Mata Nui, occasionally finding something interesting to chronicle, but nothing grand he could get involved with. He was beginning to get frustrated.

Now, in Le-Koro, he was hoping to at least see a party or something. What he found was far more grave. Inside a store, he could hear shouting. Attracted to action as he was, Hile went inside and saw a Toa threaten a Matoran.

"Hey!" he shouted. "What's going on here?"

Jakura whirled around. He was frustrated, he was furious, and by all means he wouldn't let another being intervene.

"None of your business, Ko-Koroan! Leave the business of Toa to Toa!"

%@$# you, firespitter, he cursed himself in his mind. You're drawing attention!

He turned back to Juurok. "You have one more chance," he hissed menacingly. "You can give me the Kanohi, or I can take it from you. Choose."

But Juurok merely cleared his throat and raised his Mask to face Jakura's. With tears of fear slipping through his eye holes, he said, "No. For if there is none I fear more than my Master."

While he was enraged, this mere sentence froze Jakura in his tracks. A Master? What Master?"

He shook it off quickly, raised his forearm, and pointed his Kanoka launcher. As he charged a disk, he muttered, "Good luck with the rest of your business, scum."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Komuhu quirked a metallic eyebrow and glanced off at the inn while it spoke, hands making the slightest of gesticulations. "That would be your state in the near-future. I hereby confess I lack any interest in keeping you hounded by those who would vivisect you and recombine your parts to make a servile pack beast--I've seen the skeletons in Colonel Noxra Immiti's closet, as it were, and the bones are picked clean. After all, the Onu-Koronan watchwords are 'reduce, reuse, and recycle.'" It let out a professionally-affected chuckle at the dark comedy.

Then it returned its gaze to the mercenary and smiled. "No, Derlath, I've seen your work and I like your modus operandi, your elan, if you will, too much to not propose to you an occupation when you have none and sanctuary when you need refuge. Care to hear the counteroffer to your next, grim work?"

[Profiles]

Ic:

"Boring," the revele said, watching the fight with half interest, "throw the rest of the prisoners into the fight with them."

And so that's how the rest of the prisoners were forced into the arena, given weapons, and told to fight everyone they could.

IC Jrahann:

As soon as she heard the proclamation, Jrahann's head snapped to look at Asuno. "I don't want to know what the odds are of Ankarya surviving that." She flung off her cloak and stood, leaving Dia behind on the bench. "I'm going in there and rescuing her. Protect the Matoran." Jrahann took a last look at Asuno and Dia, ready to leap into the arena once they acknowledged her plan.

IC Asuno:

Asuno's expression turned from one of impatience to one broadcasting "FINALLY!" in abundance. 

"Agreed," Asuno replied, drawing his Tuner Blades, combining them, and exposing the Darksteel Disc Launcher. "I'll keep her safe, but if you need backup, I'm tying her to my back and coming down there with you." 

As Jrahann turned to leap down, Asuno reached out to grab her shoulder. "Don't forget, she's a Skakdi. You guys can combine powers. And stay alive, for Mata Nui's sake!" 

OCC: I'm glad things are finally moving along.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Being a chronicler meant having to sometimes stay out of important events in order to be able to observe and record them properly. Despite his brave deeds, Takua had been known to do this in his position as chronicler, so long ago. But Hile had a different kind of mindset. He worked as a chronicler out of passion for adventure. He could not keep himself apart from the events he was witnessing. He wanted to act... he had to act!

"Look, Toa, I don't know what you're up to... but if you don't leave this Matoran alone, I'm calling the Gukko force."

While he said this, Hile was preparing himself for any hostile move from the Toa he was confronting by reaching for his Volo Lutu.

IC: Casanuva pushed his plate over to Nunonu. "Have some! It's good."

Casanuva leaned in. His customary smile was replaced by a more serious frown. He looked around at the increasingly busy inn; many people had come in since he had sat down.

"Eat up. This is the last of my money. We'll have to find a job here to go further, especially if I want this new sword."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

"A thief? Nevertheless, I remember a time when Toa acted honorably without threatening Matoran, even if they were criminals. If he's a criminal, he should be captured, nothing else."

Jakura turned away from Juurok and stomped towards Hile, until he was basically on top of him.

His fists clenched, he hissed, "You would talk to me of honor, Matoran? Of what I and my brothers and sisters stand for? Did my friends' honor save them? Did it?! NO! No justice was granted, no funeral service - I had to bury the broken, bloody bodies of my own teammates in the volcanic ash!! In the end, their honor - our honor - was for nothing! I have no care nor respect for honor anymore, and I care less for whiny Matoran!!"

Taking a step back, Jakura brought his launcher forward and pointed it a mere couple feet from Hile's face. But as he brought it to face the Matoran's defiant eyes, something in them struck Jakura. What was it? What was said... WAIT!!

The voice in his mind caught Jakura off guard, and he staggered back. He heard a voice - a female voice. Calm, pleasant... beautiful. And she spoke.

"Promise me, Jakura..."

He couldn't believe it. It wasn't an unnatural force, a spirit, an alien - it was a memory. A memory, clear as day, breaking through his thoughts like a river through a released dam. He had spent months, years even, suppressing that memory, shutting it away in the deepest recesses of his mind. He had taken numerous courses on deleting thoughts - he had even tried hypnosis once (he ended up having to kill his instructor, another story). But in the end, here it was - plain as could be, as if it were happening now before him. And when he saw, he couldn't help but close his eyes and turn his head away from Hile.

When he opened his eyes again, he saw the defiant eyes of Hile staring straight back at him - and when he turned to Juurok, he saw the horror and fear lining his mask, and his eyes, something different; fear of another being. This "Master" he had spoken of. How terrible was this being that the Matoran would outright defy a powerful Toa?

He grunted and swung his weapon away from Hile. It did not matter anymore, nothing did. Detaching the launcher from his forearm, Jakura walked over to the cowering Juurok and slammed down onto his stand.

"Take it and make a profit from it," Jakura said quietly. "For who am I to keep it?"

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Well, this was unexpected, Hile thought in confusion.

"Umm, right", he said blatantly. "Look, I didn't mean to upset you or anything, I was just wondering what was going on here. Usually when you see a Toa yelling to a Matoran, bad things. Even more so in Makuta's time, when there were these dark Toa running around."

At least then we had some common threat to unite us all so we didn't need to quarrel amongst ourselves, Hile thought grimly.

Jakura sighed and shook his head.

"That Kanohi he has... it looks exactly like the one a friend of mine used to own. I can tell, because of the scar across the left eyehole. But if this Matoran is so inclined to keep it, and I have no way to prove it was my friend's, then I really have no choice. I'm... sorry I yelled. And threatened. All things considered..." He held out his hands. "You have the right to have me arrested."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

The Toa of Gravity nodded.

"I'd suggest we sweep the area- you know, ask around and see if anyone has seen him pass through here recently. After that, if we don't find any information, we should head to Ta-Koro, and make our way around the island. Alright?"

Without even waiting for a response, Zeth began walking away.

"Oh, and I need to stop home and grab a few things before we head out."

The Toa of Electricity was surprised that she'd gotten Varan to open up so fast. At least he didn't seem like the threat she had previously suspected him to be anymore.

That was when she realized he hadn't shaken her hand, which was still outstretched in his direction. She quickly let it fall back to her side.

"A new kanohi you say?"

Rune, what in Mata Nui's name are you doing...

She smirked. "I can easily get you one of those back in Le-Koro." She jabbed a thumb in the village's general direction. "Let's just say a few of those 'ties' I mentioned earlier owe me."

So much for traveling alone.

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Hile raised an eyebrow. "In the end, you didn't do anything", he said, not sure what to make of this strange Toa.

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Hile raised an eyebrow. "In the end, you didn't do anything", he said, not sure what to make of this strange Toa.

Jakura tilted his head in curiosity. "You're a Chronicler."

The Toa of Gravity nodded.

"I'd suggest we sweep the area- you know, ask around and see if anyone has seen him pass through here recently. After that, if we don't find any information, we should head to Ta-Koro, and make our way around the island. Alright?"

Without even waiting for a response, Zeth began walking away.

"Oh, and I need to stop home and grab a few things before we head out."

The Toa of Electricity was surprised that she'd gotten Varan to open up so fast. At least he didn't seem like the threat she had previously suspected him to be anymore.

That was when she realized he hadn't shaken her hand, which was still outstretched in his direction. She quickly let it fall back to her side.

"A new kanohi you say?"Rune, what in Mata Nui's name are you doing...

She smirked. "I can easily get you one of those back in Le-Koro." She jabbed a thumb in the village's general direction. "Let's just say a few of those 'ties' I mentioned earlier owe me."So much for traveling alone.

IC: Mesonak

"Ooh, goody! I can find out where you live!" Mesonak grinned wider and hopped into step beside Zeth.

IC: Varan

Varan winced at the sound of Le-Koro's name. "I - I can't. I mean - I can, I just don't think I should."

His head was pulsing even harder now... He found it hard to concentrate, to think. The Master was screaming at him, trying to protect him from danger. But something else - instinct - told him there was no danger here. He didn't no what to do, but he felt awkward not saying anything.

"Sorry. It's just that... I'm not too popular with the people here."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

-IC:-

The equatorial heat of Le-Wahi made Kaihoro's movements seem to shimmer with confusing speed, broken frames of an uncomplete action. The humidity was tangible, condensing on the skin and occupying the air, so that one could taste the perspiration and fear of the rainforest. Sweet, and tender; hints of postconsumptive astringence.

The path was memorised; each movement compensated for previously observed terrain deformities. He strode with the tranquil confidence of the powerful, the efficient tyrant. Paradoxically utilitarian extavagance, simultaneous extremities.

Tur followed behind, observing his surroundings with indifference, movements brusque and powerful.

The path slowly broadened before opening into the clearing where the Nui-Rama hive once stood. The monolithic Suva Nui towered over its surroundings, a blemish of darkened stone in the otherwise green environment. Kaihoro's outré gaze hesitated on it momentarily, and then languidly settled on his companions.

The ship has been procured.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

"I don't see why that would be a strange thing", Hile said, folding his arms. "Because I'm not a Ta-Matoran?"

Jakura laughed in a strange way. "No - not at all. It's just... I once had a friend who-"

IC: Juurok

Juurok had been frozen in fear for the past few moments. Now, as he gathered his courage and realized what had happened, he knew that he and his Master's identities were at risk. He also knew what he needed to do.

Hoisting the launcher onto his shoulder, Juurok fired the disk in it at Jakura.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC:

The shadows and greenery next to Kaihoro and his companion stirred.

"Wonderful," Vyartha said, emerging from the vegetation, her temporary shelter from enemies both known and unknown; while it was true that there was no love lost between the Toa and the law enforcement of the island, neither did she trust her fellow Daedra. Mud and debris clung to her armour and the flutter in her eyes seemed to imply that she hadn't slept much throughout her tenure in the trees, but the new Pride still looked as formidable a warrior as ever.

"So, when do we leave?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Jakura spun around, but was too late - the disk collided with his mask, sending it flying through the clearing. Jakura shouted in pain and shock, and fell to the platform.

IC: Juurok

Juurok smiled as the Toa fell. As quick as he could, he grabbed his Kanohi and ran from the stand into the foliage.