BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Kavala

(Le-Wahi):

"I see", he responded. "Le-Wahi is a challenging home. You need to get used to many things."

The duo arrived at a clearing overlooking the southern tip of the island. The Kumu Islets were visible in the distance, if not clearly due to the fog.

"We're here. I always swim closer to take a look, but I don't know how fond you are of water."

IC Kavala

(Le-Wahi, southern tip):

"Well, the village didn't cover all of the area", Kavala said. "That's why some of the islets are still on the surface. They're unsuitable for anything, though. The real treasure lies underwater. But if we get closer, you'll see that the Ga-Matoran have built wooden surfaces to walk on."

Kavala stepped into the water, but stopped. "If you need it, we can hastily construct a canoe for you to cross with. I could create an earth ramp too, but that would attract too much attention. Besides, I'm saving my energy."

IC Kavala

(Le-Wahi, southern tip):

"In that case, consider it done", Kavala said and got out of the water. He was not a crafter, but even he could quickly assemble a crude raft-like canoe out of the pieces of wood that were scattered on the southern shores. Much debris had washe here from Xa-Koro when it first sunk into the water.

The building of the canoe took some time, even though it wasn't very well-made. The end result did float, however, and was sturdy enough to support one Toa.

"Not the most impressive thing anyone has built, but it works", Kavala said. "Simple but effective. Ready to take the trip?"

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets):

"Let's go then."

Kavala leaped skillfully into the water and grabbed the front of the canoe, pulling it off the shore. It wobbled from side to side, but stayed afloat. Kavala pulled the craft, giving Iegasa some momentum. Then, he noticed something coming at them... many of them, actually.

Tarakava, Kavala thought. This won't be a problem. They answer to me.

Kavala began signaling to the Rahi, expecting them to turn around and leave him and Iegasa alone. But they kept coming closer. Fast.

Kavala felt his heart sink. What is this? The Tarakava in these waters obey me! They... they've always done what I've wanted them to, because...

The horrible truth dawned on Kavala even as the first Tarakava reached the duo. During the time he had lived in the Xa-Koro ruins, Kavala had fed the Tarakava and protected them from danger, as well as offered places to dwell in. He had takenn care of them like they were his pets, and in return the Rahi had answered to him and helped him with whatever he needed. But that had been before Kavala was captured and taken into a foreign village for months. The Tarakava had meanwhile got accustomed to living without him. Now, Kavala was nothing more than prey to these dangerous creatures.

Just as he realized this, one Tarakava struck a might blow at Kavala, knocking him out of the water and to the air. Kavala was flung over Iegasa's canoe before splashing back in the water. The canoe wobbled and another Rahi was approaching it.

IC: Iegasa

Tarakava. Fearsome creatures of the sea. Iegasa knew it was incredibly risky to venture out into any waters that contained them, especially if there were more than one. They could be peaceful, he knew - after all, Ga-koro lived at peace with the Tarakava of Naho Bay. Yet the aggressive ones were quite common as well, and the group before him was indeed of the latter demeanour. The canoe shook. It would take some difficulty to survive this encounter.

The shrinekeeper slowly rose to his feet, careful to not unbalance the boat. Wisps of plasma began to float around his right arm, now pointing forwards at the closest Tarakava. While slightly distasteful, he would have to kill the Rahi. He breathed in. The wisps grew larger. Then they coalesced.

A ball of plasma splattered towards the closest Tarakava in an upwards arc.

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets):

Kavala barely registered what was going on around him. He felt strong pain in his side, but discovered that fortunately nothing had been broken. His mask was still on, and his form was intact. Using his Kaukau, Kavala took a few deep breaths underwater to recover from the shock of being punched by a gigantic lizard. He felt a disturbance in the water and turned to see one of the Tarakava lung at him.

This time, Kavala was prepared. Ignoring the pain in his side, he twisted himself so that the Rahi missed. Then, taking out his prized sword with the infected Hau carved on it, he slashed at the Tarakava. The beast let our an underwater roar and retreated.

Above Kavala, Iegasa was fending off an attack with his plasma powers. Plasma was a powerful element, but the Tarakava could easily strike at the canoe from below in order to destroy it.

A dead, burned Tarakava sunk into the water next to the canoe. Clearly, the plasma had effectively killed it. Staying underwater gave cover against even the heat of plasma, but the Tarakava were not smart. More of them approached the canoe from different sides. Kavala decided to protect the canoa by fending off attacks underneath it. Iegasa could deal with those Rahi that were breaking the surface.

Iegasa extended his staff, stabbing the end into a Tarakava's mouth. Plasma flowed through the tool, the superhot substance melting away at the creature's head. He quickly pulled out and swung around to block a punch from another of the Rahi, his body rattling from the blow. There were many of them, but they would persevere.

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets):

The Rahi kept coming for what seemed like hours. Finally, they realized that the two Toa were not easy prey and left to find something easier to catch. Kavala's head popped out of the water near the canoe, which had miraculously stayed afloat in the midst of the conflict. He was clearly exhausted.

"That... was unexpected", Kavala said breathlessly. "The filthy Ga-Matoran have turned even my former pets against me."

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets):

"Something like that", Kavala said, treading water lazily. "They used to obey me. They attacked the Ga-Koro marines as an army to protect me when they first arrived... but times have changed."

Kavala took hold of the canoe again and began drifting it closer to Xa-Koro. This time the progress was much slower. "At least we now proved ourselves to be on the upper end of the food chain, so we should be fine for the time being."

IC: Skyra

I moved backwards as Joske casually pushed on my mask with his hand, he wasn't even looking at me, just Cael. I stared at him blankly. 

Okay, so you fought that Heunai guy and got a bunch of crystals...that means you can just shove my FACE!? I was ready to shout more profane things but he started to get all lovey-dovey with Cael and I just stood there silently. 

Okay, so I had to admit I found reunions a bit touching, I decided to drop my longggg list of complaints against Joske...for now... When did I become such a sap? ._.

On another note, I didn't want to say anything but I was starting to feel the strain from maintaining the bubble for as long as I had. I could maintain it for a while longer, but I was going to be tired...and cranky...

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets):

Kavala was angered by the remark, but did his best to keep it inside him. It did not do to get overly irritated by his new ally.

"It worked well while it lasted", he said sternly. "Anyway, that wasn't all I had here. I know the ruins better than anybody, and I've hidden things all around. Treasure, tools, masks, whatever I could find in the mud. I hope the Ga-Koronans haven't found and ransacked all of them."

Iegasa quietly hummed to himself. It was highly unlikely that his compatriot's possessions had been taken. The Marines, while quite resourceful, would not dedicate a great amount of energy in searching everywhere for a few tools. Unless there was something else that Kavala held. The shrinekeeper didn't know. It didn't really matter to him anyway.

"You need not fret."

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets, Xa-Koro ruins):

"I will reclaim all of this", Kavala said, as much to himself as Iegasa. "I don't know when I will get the chance, but someday I'll do it. It belongs to me... to Makuta. The Ga-Matoran should've stayed on that pathetic pile of weed in Naho Bay."

Kavala stopped suddenly. The platforms where Ga-Matoran worked were only dimly visible, but Iegasa could still see movement. The marines were there.

"This is what has become of the glorious Xa-Koro", Kavala announced grimly.

Iegasa distinctly remembered Xa-koro to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but he kept his mouth shut. While the Islets had been quite an interesting place, he had never exactly found glory here, amongst the mutant Rahi and cutthroats. If his companion wished to see it as great however, he would oblige.

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets, Rockwall):

"We must get closer still", Kavala said. "I see so many new things... a lot has changed here, I can tell."

Kavala drew the canoe closer to the ruins, expecting to see more platforms and Matoran. What he eventually saw threw him into rage.

The ruins of Xa-Koro looked nothing like they had before. Instead of the open, foggy sea with a damaged lighthouse at its center, the location was surrounded by an enormous wall of rock, looking inpenetrable and imposing. Ga-Matoran fishing boats went in and out the structure, doubtless transporting supplies to and from the new settlement. It was impossible to see much of what lay behind the wall, but Kavala thought he saw a port of some sort at one side. The dead ruins had grown into a village of its own, filled with life and activity.

It was truly a disgusting sight.

"What have they done...", Kavala managed to breathe out in exasperation. He was so angry at Ga-Koro he could've just swamo to the gates and unleashed the fury of his elemental powers at each and every Ga-Matoran... but his rational side remained in control, denying him that sweet but suicidal act. The marines had beat him last time, and would do it again if he didn't plan carefully.

"They have taken my home away from me and transformed it into a vile pesthole."

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets, Rockwall):

"One that we shall bring down over time", Kavala said, his voice suddenly radiating determination. He grabbed the canoe and swam towards a specific spot in the water, further away from the Rockwall. After swimming for some time, he stopped.

"We're diving."

IC Kavala

(Kumu Islets, secret hideout):

Kavala didn't wait for questions. He grabbed Iegasa by the arm and pulled him under the water. They were submerged for only a short period of time before emerging in an old, submerged hut with an airpocket. The hut had been one of those in Xa-Koro, but had been swept further away from its original spot by the waves that had destroyed the village. There hadn't been an airpocket back then, of course, but Kavala had done a lot of tweaking on many of the underwater ruined buildings, sealing them and creating airpockets in case he needed them.

The hut itself was ugly on the inside. There were only the dirty walls with dried seaweed hanging on them to look at. The floor contained the puddle through which one could come and go from the hut. A couple of lightstones illuminated the otherwise dark quarters. A lone chest rested in one corner of the space.

"One of my huts", Kavala explained, though it was probably obvious. "I didn't really come here after I made the airpocket, though. There's nothing here but some supplies in that chest. But now, it's a good place to plan our next move."

OOC: I know the grabbing of the arm is a type of auto-hit, and I apologize for it.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

"Well, he knows it's valuable", Hile said. "And whatever his motives are, he committed a crime. Are you sure you don't want to question him before we bring him before the Le-Koro Gukko force?"

IC: Jakura

"Fine," Jakura sighed. "What is your name, Matoran?"

Juurok remained silent.

"What is your name?" Jakura asked again.

Juurok growled. "My name is... Kirii."

Jakura kneeled down. "Okay, 'Kirii'. Did you have anything to do with the death of my team?"

"N-no."

"You hesitated." Jakura said.

"I did not!"

Jakura snarled and ripped the mask from the pleading Juurok's satchel.

"What are we going to do with this?" He asked Hile.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

"Whatever you need to", Hile said. "I don't know what it's importance is. All I care about is that justice is served."

IC Kavala

"Very long", Kavala replied. "Months, with some of the larger buildings. This one only took about two weeks."

Kavala opened the chest. It mainly contained survival-oriented equipment and some weapons. He pulled out a bottle of bula wine and showed it to Iegasa. "Care for some wine?" he offered. "It's old, but the cold has preserved it."

"Same here. Alright then, I'll take the mask and bury it with the body of my friend. You can take Juurok - unless you think you'll need help dealing with him?"

IC: Juurok

Juurok began struggling against his bonds wildly. "Please, let me go!" He cried. "He'll punish me!"

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

Hile chuckled. "I'm not gonna punish you. I'll leave that to the Gukko force and believe me, they won't do anything we would consider immoral."

IC Kavala

Kavala shrugged and placed the bottle back into the chest. "I wish I could take you to my main quarters. Would be more comfortable, but it lies almost directly underneath that hideous wall. There was a lot of treasure there too, so I guess those shackals have picked everything clean."

Kavala sat on the floor. "Anyway, back to business. As you can see, Xa-Koro is pretty much out of our reach. The wall is certainly inpenetrable and everything going in and out is probably well regulated. Physical violence won't do the trick. We need to be stealthy and clever."

Kavala adjusted his position. "Years ago, the original Xa-Koro was destroyed by igniting the catacombs beneath the village. The catacombs were full of methane gas, which meant that making a fire there was... pretty disastrous. Boom, there goes the village. I think that a similar approach must be taken if we wish to reclaim this piece of land... we must re-enact the destruction of Xa-Koro."

Jakura stopped Hile. "Wait," he said. "What are you talking about? If not Hile, then who?"

Juurok looked downwards. "He - he shan't be named."

"What? What do you mean? Tell us!" Jakura insisted.

"No, I can't! It-it'll just be worse for me!"

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC (Cael)

It was an easy request to comply with: the Toa of Water held no love for the sword. Reluctantly unfolding herself from Joske's embrace, she pulled the strap over her head, sliding the sheath off her back.

“Here.” She pressed the sword into his hands. “You know how to use it better than me.”

Taking his free hand, her mask glowed for a brief moment. The cut on Joske's hand glowed in response as she healed it, as easy and quick as taking a breath, then she laced her fingers in his.

“Why don't we introduce you properly,” she said, smiling lightly. “Joske, you know Dorian and Tuara, and you met Skyra a long time ago and might not recognize her. That's her mom. Utu, who's now not an evil, Echelon-controlled death machine. Then Krayn, Cipher, and Onuzek.

“Everyone, this is Joske, and he's not quite as obnoxious as his entrance might have made him out to be.”

IC:

Psychotic relapse.

I leaned against the pillar by the temple steps, stretching my fingers out like I was playing with putty and then smashing the tips together. The Yuru mannequin bloated outwards and then crumpled in on itself. There was a mild pop! as the prop imploded.

Psychotic relapse.

Cael's introductions were hurting my head.

"...and he's not quite as obnoxious as his entrance might have made him out to be."

######in' contraire.

This all was hurting my head. I wanted to turn it off. 

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND