BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC-OTana

He laughs a little . " There is  no such thing as spirit-Ghost . Come on wheres your spirit of adventure ." He inspects it closer, but as he does the sound of fluttering insect wings is heard from the shadows and two large glowing blue eyes open in the darkness.

"that on the other hand ."

A nui Kopen flies out ramming in to Otana and knocking the corpse from where it was laying. The Rahi drops Otana and starts to fly above the group.

"Oh no you don`t  . " He jumps up on to some of the machines and opens his wings."Don`t start what you can`t finish . "He uses his wings to glide over to the Nui-Kopen and gets on its back . He then latches one of his arm blades on to it . The rahi thrashes around wildly causing Otana to flail around as well."I could use some help up here ."

IC: The appearance of the great wasp bigger than he was startled Casanuva briefly. He fumbled for his sword, but first reached the bag of ball bearings bolted to his sword belt. A wicked grin crossed his face.

"Get off of it! I'm going to try something!"

The Fa-Toa pulled out a single steel bead, and held his arm out straight. He pointed his hand, with thumb and pointer finger extended, and parallel. The ball bearing floated between them.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Hile sat on a branch, overlooking the swamp. It was incredibly wide and filled with life of all sorts, from carnivorous plants to Brakas monkeys. The Fau swamp was not commonly seen as a beautiful site, but Hile managed to see some beauty in its ecosystem.

"What happens after we've eaten?" Hile asked Jakura from his branch.

IC: The nui-kopen snarled and turned. It's chitinous wings buzzed and twitched. Casanuva shut one eye, aiming down his forearm. He adjusted the aim an imperceptible few degrees. Crackles of electricity played between the toa's fingers, from the intense power being concentrated.

Then he released.

There was a bang, as the projectile broke the sound barrier, and a flash of fire as the friction ignited the air around it; the slug entered the wasp in one of its multi-faceted eyes, and passed through the bulk of its body before exploding out its flank, splattering the walls with ichor. the projectile slammed several inches into the wall, creating a lattice of cracks in the stone. Detritus fell from the ceiling as it shuddered, but stopped after a few moments.

Rather than his victory, the first thing that Casanuva noticed was that his hand was now on fire.

"Ah! AAAAGH!"

Ic-Otana 

"You may want to put that out  I think we may have a bigger problem on our hands ."

The container at the other end of the room starts to open slowly with loud screeches from the machine braking layers of rust.As the doors open two glowing eyes open in the darkness one yellow the other blue .

Just then The bodies of the dead matoran start to rattle and they begin to stand up .

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Hile flung himself down from the branch, landing beside Jakura. "Ok, we rest and eat. And then what? What do you hope to find here?"

IC: Jakura

Jakura hesitated. The Matoran had every right to know... and waiting until Mesonak was found may be hazardous.

He turned to Hile and replied, "Okay, fine. I did not lie when I said this "Master" could be here in this swamp... but to find him is not my primary objective. I'm hunting a Skakdi."

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Master? Skakdi? Hile's natural curiosity flared to life.

"A Skakdi?" he said. "What Skakdi? And what do you know about the 'Master'?"

"The Master - that is what Kirii called his boss; the same boss we came into this swamp trying to find. As for the Skakdi... well, that's a long story."

OOC: Short timeskip

IC: Zeth

The waters of the swamp seethed with repulsive life that the Toa of Gravity would've prefered not knowing about. Algae caked the surface and stuck to his armor in a crisp line about mid-thigh. His legs ached from the monotony of repeatedly yanking his feet from within the hungry muck that lurked beneath. At one point he cried out in alarm as an unknown creature slithered against his right knee.

This was turning out to be the single most frustrating day of his entire existence. If the swamp wasn't enough, he had a mad Skakdi muttering nonsense behind him as they trudged onward through the slime. Not exactly his idea of good company.

"There has to be a dryer route we could've taken." the Ba-Toa complained. "This is disgusting."

Trees sprouted from the watery depths all around them, and a few fallen leaves floated solemnly on the surface. Birds chattered in the foliage above, and insects buzzed noisily around the pair's heads.

They hadn't had much luck searching for the lost Toa of Fire in Le-Koro, so Zeth had picked up a pack of supplies and retrieved a dusty sword from his apartment before they left. No one in their right mind would dare travel alongside Mesonak unarmed.

A birch tree with peeling white bark caught the Toa's eye. He stopped abruptly.

"Didn't we already pass this tree?!" he growled at the pale Skakdi in obvious frustration.

IC: Mesonak

"SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! SHH!" Mesonak hissed. His clawed finger played with each other as he looked around nervously.

The stickiness of the swamp air clung to his neck, and he was beginning to gain heat - desperately, he turned his ice weapon on Lowe power and sprayed himself. The cold, freezing air lowered his temperature, and set him at ease.

"We should be there soon, soon enough..." Mesonak said. "I can feel him... his heat..."

Ic-Otana 

"You may want to put that out  I think we may have a bigger problem on our hands ."

The container at the other end of the room starts to open slowly with loud screeches from the machine braking layers of rust.As the doors open two glowing eyes open in the darkness one yellow the other blue .

Just then The bodies of the dead matoran start to rattle and they begin to stand up .

IC: Casanuva looked at his burning hand, then thought quickly. The kind of thoughts one later comes to regret. The toa dived at the corpse of the nui-kopen, and plunged his burning hand into the wound; the ichor quickly extinguished the flames. That problem dealt with, he turned his attention to more pressing matters.

"I told you not to touch the thing!" he shouted to Otana.

Pulling his seared hand out of the guts of the wasp, Casanuva looked around. His sword hand was near useless, so reached out with magnetism, and shut the cage. Seeing the corpses start to rise, he polarized them to the container's doors, locking it in a very rough way.

IC-Otana

"I did not touch the bloody thing The Rahi did that ."

The Machine shakes and shatters as a blast of ultrasound brakes it apart by the Molicule  as dust caused by the force fills the air a Toa steps out of the Machine  He looks very Machine like and with one eye glowing yellow the other blue He steps forward and looks to Casanuva. 

IC- Strange Toa

"I would suggest not doing that again ."

Edited by TheMegazordman1

IC- Toa

He smiles sneakily "I am Kedamor Toa Of psychos I mean Sonics."He turns his head and seems to be talking to him self' Yes I know they through the bodies at us but they may be friendly ."He turns to the other side." Yes but can we trust them to stay that way ." He turns back to them " I`m sorry had a little interuption again didnt I any way Who  are you ?

IC: "I think I'm starting to miss Vakua. I am Casanuva, this is my friend Nunonu, and this is our guide Otana."

Nunonu cut off Casanuva. "Do you know how to get out of here? I'd never think I'd be saying this, but we need to get back into sunlight..

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC-KedamorOtana

'Eye That I do . "He whistles and activates his mask power, as the body of the dead Nui-Kopen Raises up from the ground and flies over to him, he jumps on it ." Would you little buggers I mean matoran  Like a ride?

"I am fine I have my own means of travel my legs ."

"Be that way then little air eater  " He turns to Nunonu "And what of you ?

IC (Cael)

Rockwall was about as friendly as she remembered. Cael returned the boat to the Marines with little fanfare; the bored woman overseeing the tiny marina looked surprised that the vessel had returned, but dutifully checked it off and waved them on their way. The ferry to Le-Wahi was just leaving; the little company made it on just as the last call sounded. Before long, they were riding the waves again.

IC: Derlath

Inwardly, Derlath sighed. Illegible contracts. He could make out some of the scrawls as parts of the default Private Combatant Treaty ratified at the Xa-Koro Convention etc etc, stipulating prices, renumeration, terms and conditions etc et cetera.

Using his gravity powers, Derlath lightened the stylus, before grabbing it as it floated off the table. The unusual and unnatural weight would have made it difficult for a others to sign, but not so much to Derlath, who had done this numerous times before. Nonetheless, this instance of his signature would look slightly different from other samples of his signature due to it's odd weight, but not too different for the sharp eye, in case Derlath wanted to confirm his identity.

Derlath let go of the wooden stylus before completely nullifying gravity on the surface of the stylus. Any moisture, wooden shavings that could have imprinted Derlath's fingerprints floated off.

The Toa leaned back before reversing everything. The now utterly normal stylus, devoid of inciminating prints, clattered onto the table.

IC: Komuhu smiled. "Let's go, then." It gestured out the door.

OOC: "Komuhu" and Derlath to Ko-Wahi.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC (Agni):

I moved over to where Valria was pointing and looked around, trying to find the most likely thing Echelon might have come into contact with when he departed. After a few seconds, my eyes zeroed in on a flat rock, pressed firmly into the muddy ground. 

I crouched down, placing one knee on the ground and placed the fingers of my right on the rock, before calling upon the power of the mask of psychometry. I closed my eyes and focused on the rock, looking into its past. Images began to flash in my mind, most of them showing uneventful days from the stones immobile existence in the cave, until suddenly, there were flames, and a dark figure moving among them, heading for a smaller passage.

I let go of the stone, standing back up and pointed in the direction Echelon had left in. "That way." I said. Up ahead, the narrow tunnel was once again blocked by rubble from the explosives the followers of Makuta had planted. 

Let's get to it then.

A short while later, we had cleared the path once again, and began to follow it. 

"If my sense of direction hasn't been fooled by the cave's layout, I think this passage is leading just about south...where do you think he went after that, Merror?"

IC (Merror)

"Hard to say," Merror replied.

He glanced to Aerus.

"What do you think?" he asked the Matoran.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

"A story I would like to hear", Hile said in a serious but friendly tone. "Don't you think I should know what we're up against before we charge into trouble?"

"Very well," Jakura said. He crossed his legs folded his hands in his lap, and began.

"It began not to long after my team was... divided. I struck out on my own and began exploration of the island. I decided that I would right the wrongs around here, that I could continue to serve the Great Spirit even without my team. I was right, to an extent - but things didn't play out like the should have."

IC:

"Wait... Seriously? He's here?" the Toa of Gravity was immediately on high alert. He drew his gladius rather awkwardly, and extended it in front of his body. His elongated arm quivered slightly.

Was he actually about to reunite with his old comrade? Or was Mesonak just completely out of his mind?

"He's... close. The heat here; it's unnatural. I can feel the slightest changes in temperature in a humid place like this - I'm sure he's here."

Mesonak giggled and played with his fingers. "Almost time, almost time..."

IC-KedamorOtana

'Eye That I do . "He whistles and activates his mask power, as the body of the dead Nui-Kopen Raises up from the ground and flies over to him, he jumps on it ." Would you little buggers I mean matoran  Like a ride?

"I am fine I have my own means of travel my legs ."

"Be that way then little air eater  " He turns to Nunonu "And what of you ?

IC: "I, uh, I'll pass riding the zombie," Nunonu stuttered.

Casanuva bent down and outstretched his hand. "Backpack again?"

"Looks like it."

Nunonu crawled up onto Casanuva's back; the toa winced as the matoran stepped on his hand. Casanuva magnetized Nunonu to his back, and activated his mask. "Lead the way, I guess.

IC- Kedamor/Otana

The Strange toa of sound leads the group through the cave and after a long stretch of seeing nothing but darkness they reach a red glow at the end of the tunnel ,as they come out of the cave they can see that the glow comes from Ta-Wahi off in the distance . 

"It`s not to far now ."Otana states .

"Ah the fresh air how it has been so long  to have it fill my lungs . So much less musky then the inside of that container ."

Zeth's blood was beginning to boil. Mesonak was relying completely on his "third eye" senses, which were very vague and unreliable, and the Ba-Toa was beginning to tire of the Skakdi's stubbornness.

He made this point very clear by stepping directly in Mesonak's line of sight, blocking him from moving forward any further.

"So how long have you been searching for Jakura, huh? Oh that's right, almost a year!" the diminutive Toa was seething with fury. "All of your searching has been based on hunches and feelings alone, and you haven't even come across a single footprint. Ya know why?! Because he's dead, you demented moron!"

Zeth's blade trembled inches from Mesonak's face.

"Maybe Duros is alive and well, but that doesn't mean the rest survived along with him. I barely escaped that cursed tunnel with my life! I can't just throw that all away and trust a freak show like you!"

His chest heaved, and his cyan eyes were wide from a mixture of rage and fear for what the Skakdi would do next.

IC: (Kriigata)

Footstep footstep footstep

The warrior's trek through the swamps had been simple. It was the trek from Po-Koro to Ta-Koro to Kini-Nui to here that had been tumultuous. A week- no, two weeks to the day -of tracking had availed little other than the next place to go. Fortunately for her, the ability to run at an unthinkable pace had made this a great deal less tedious. Her muddy boots were sloshed with the swampy water, scum and excrement coating the leather. She had forgone her royal purple robes for a more practical black longcoat, a sword and Volo Lutu grappler hanging from her waist.

She had begun to wonder if she would ever find her target. Perhaps she had been following a bread crumb trail to a dead end? The deforming trees and stench of rot would surely facilitate such a place. HelI, she wouldn't be surprised to find a demonic cult practicing vulgar customs here. She'd bring snacks if they paid for entertainment afterwards! Such ridiculous thoughts reminded her of the fruitlessness of her journey as of late. After all, life was the days where one starved, pained, and called for help but none came. Such was life, and this was not to be forgotten.

But then she saw him.

"At last," she called out to the ebony beast, even as her hand drifted to the handle of her sword, "we meet face to face." She approached slowly, eyes unblinkingly staring down the Chaotic Sixth. "I come with an offer..." she lifted the sword several inches out of its sheath the reveal the glimmering, deadly blade, "...and a request."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Special delivery!

IC: Priicu - Carrier Rahi from Ko-Wahi

A small winged Rahi drifted down from the sky, lighting in the village, near a guard. It raised its leg, a small paper message attached to it. "To Akiri or Guard" was written on the outside.

The writing on it was quick and sloppy, evidently written in a hurry. 

Ko-Koro under attack. I do not know who our assailants are, but they are ruthless and powerful. They have Toa, Skakdi and Vortixx attacking civilians. A tower of the citadel has been destroyed by an explosion of their design.

The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An' has joined the attack, though whether the initial attackers are working with them is unknown.

Mata nui help us all.

Priicu

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Casanuva was out of breath. Running in the wrong form, in a muggy tunnel, with a passenger will do that, even with enhanced strength.

"Thank the great spirit for that! If I see another cave... or nui-kopen... or zombie again, it will be too soon." Casanuva gasped. He held his burned hand between is left arm and body; it was starting to sting. Likely infected.

"You okay?" Nunonu asked.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine. When we get to Ta-Koro, I'm getting this thing looked at."

OOC: Casanuva and Nunonu to Ta-Wahi at this junction?

OOC: Thanks, but I owe you for providing the materials ;)

He nodded.

"One day, I journeyed to Le-Koro - my first visit there in years. Before I could get there, though, I was halted by an uncomfortable cold breeze - one that doesn't belong in the steamy heat of Le-Wahi. It felt strange and dark, and I grew suspicious. I broke off the trail and trekked into the forest, determined to discover the source of the cold. After a short while, I finally found the source of the icy wind - an entire camp of Le-Koronan's, frozen solid in ice in the middle of the forest. I was astounded and horrified - the Matoran inside the ice had expressions of fear, sorrow, and pure terror. I used my elemental powers to melt them free; but when they slumped to the ground I saw the black of their heartlights, and the grey, sickly look in their eyes - each and every one was dead, frozen inside and out. I buried their bodies and took their Kanohi to the officials in Le-Koro, who promised to inspect the incidence. But I couldn't wait... I needed to know. I began a quest to find the offender - or offenders - and bring them to justice."

Zeth's blood was beginning to boil. Mesonak was relying completely on his "third eye" senses, which were very vague and unreliable, and the Ba-Toa was beginning to tire of the Skakdi's stubbornness.

He made this point very clear by stepping directly in Mesonak's line of sight, blocking him from moving forward any further.

"So how long have you been searching for Jakura, huh? Oh that's right, almost a year!" the diminutive Toa was seething with fury. "All of your searching has been based on hunches and feelings alone, and you haven't even come across a single footprint. Ya know why?! Because he's dead, you demented moron!"

Zeth's blade trembled inches from Mesonak's face.

"Maybe Duros is alive and well, but that doesn't mean the rest survived along with him. I barely escaped that cursed tunnel with my life! I can't just throw that all away and trust a freak show like you!"

His chest heaved, and his cyan eyes were wide from a mixture of rage and fear for what the Skakdi would do next.

Mesonak was neither shocked nor angry when Zeth turned on him. He let the Toa pour out his rage on him until nothing was left but angry panting and clenched fists. And then, Mesonak did the unexpected - he tilted his chin up, let his enormous teeth show in a broad, frightening grin... And then he laughed.

It was no insane giggle, no humorous chuckle - it was a pure, unbridled cackle, ripe with pleasure. It was a laugh that blatantly said "what a fool you are". It continued for longer than it should have, and near the end it was simply Mesonak gasping for breath.

When he had finished, he whipped his arm up and a blaster-type weapon - an ice-launcher - swung up into place. Mesonak cocked his head and smiled. "I'm bored of you."

With a mighty WHOOSH!!, a flurry of snow and ice burst from the barrel and rocketed towards Zeth.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

OOC: How far are Zeth and Mesonak from Jakura and Hile?

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

"A reasonable impulse", Hile said. "You found the killer, I assume. A Toa of Ice?"

OOC: Close enough for interaction, if you wish.

Jakura laughed - a dark, hollow laugh.

"No. He was worse than that. It took me months of hunting, searching, only to end with a group of Matoran dying, or a patch of wilderness going extinct from the freeze - only for the process to begin again. My anger and rage grew as the villain evaded me time and time again... until finally, after roughly a year of searching, I discovered him in the middle of a raid on Ga-Koro. When I saw him, freezing Matoran and destroying homes, my rage exploded. Calling upon the elements, I sent a blast of flame at him. To my horror, he flung around and deflected the blast with his second weapon - this." Jakura swung down his war-blade and clenched it in his hand.

"It was as if he knew I was there the entire time. And I when he turned to face me, I saw him - I saw his face, the sharp spines, the glistening teeth - for the first time. He was a Skakdi - muscled and battle-worn and more than a match for me. It was here, in the sweeping winds and pelting rain of a Ga-Wahi hurricane, that our battle begun."

Edited by Jakura Nuva