BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

[Le-Koro, Central Square]

“Ranok, Ranok Twigsinger."

He vaguely recalled the Gukko rider's face from before he had taken off on his last ill-fated flight.  Verdi, that was the name.  They had been assigned similar jobs: assisting refugees in navigating the treacherous jungle when the Rakshi attacked.  Only Ranok, having a smaller and faster bird, had been assigned to go back and forth from the front lines, which had probably contributed to his worse luck.

He doubted that this was of any interest to either of them right now, considering the situation.  Only--

The De-matoran cocked his head.  He could definitely hear something in the distance now.  It sounded like trees creaking and falling.

They didn't have much time.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Noticing that Jakura was somewhat overwhelmed by the turn of events, Hile decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Mesonak hasn't noticed us yet, so we have an advantage. They are distracted by the beetles, so we have a perfect opening for an ambush."

Hile readied his Volo Lutu. The knife given to him by Jakura was also ready to be taken out at a moment's notice. "Ready? We must strike now."

IC, Verdi: The Bo-Matoran nodded to Ranok. "I'm Verdian Koanga- but just call me Verdi," he said. He opened his mouth to say something else, but the De-Matoran suddenly seemed distracted by something, as if he was listening to something that Verdi and the others couldn't hear. "What is it?" he asked Ranok.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Noticing that Jakura was somewhat overwhelmed by the turn of events, Hile decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Mesonak hasn't noticed us yet, so we have an advantage. They are distracted by the beetles, so we have a perfect opening for an ambush."

Hile readied his Volo Lutu. The knife given to him by Jakura was also ready to be taken out at a moment's notice. "Ready? We must strike now."

IC: Jakura

Through the swarm of beetles and crashing of trees, he saw him. Standing strong amidst the fury, blood red eyes piercing the darkness that had overcome the swamp. He was standing over someone else - a prisoner? - blade raised above head for the kill.

How? Jakura thought hopelessly. How can I stand against him?

Before he could decide, he heard a voice - Hile's. The Matoran had formulated a plan, and he needed Jakura.

Jakura look at Hile. He was bringing Hile into more danger than he would be able to deal with. But when he looked into those cold, Ko-Koronan eyes, he saw a greater courage and strength than he had ever known to be present in a single Matoran. He knew now, just by staring into them, that Hile was capable of much more than he was.

"Alright," Jakura said, drawing his blade and standing up into the storm. "Lead me."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

"I can hear trees falling," Ranok said.  "We don't have much time.  Whatever we're going to do, we should probably do it now."

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Hile was startled. He, leading a Toa? The whole idea was absurd, but there was no time to ponder that.

"I'll try and disarm him", Hile said. "Whether I succeed or not, try and encase him in a fire cage or something like that. He's a Skakdi of ice, so he is weak to that element."

Hile leaped from one branch to the next. It was much more difficult than usual, with swarms of strange beetles gnawing at the wood. A couple of times, Hile nearly fell to the swamp when a branch was quickly devoured by the beetles.

At last, Hile reached a spot on the top of a still intact tree, where he had clear vision of Mesonak. Even as he fired his Volo Lutu launcher at the Skakdi's weapon in order to pull it away, the tree started shaking under the beetles' hunger.

IC, Verdi; As soon as Ranok told Verdi that he heard trees falling, Verdi became very worried. "Alright, we have to act fast." He turned to Kunitu. "We still have a good chunk of our forces in the Koro. Akiri Kongu and Toa Korero aren't here, and I know they took a small group of riders with them when they left. So we still have most riders here. That should be enough- hopefully."

OOC: Kongu did take some riders with him, right? Correct me if I'm wrong- if I am, I'll edit this post.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Hile was startled. He, leading a Toa? The whole idea was absurd, but there was no time to ponder that.

"I'll try and disarm him", Hile said. "Whether I succeed or not, try and encase him in a fire cage or something like that. He's a Skakdi of ice, so he is weak to that element."

Hile leaped from one branch to the next. It was much more difficult than usual, with swarms of strange beetles gnawing at the wood. A couple of times, Hile nearly fell to the swamp when a branch was quickly devoured by the beetles.

At last, Hile reached a spot on the top of a still intact tree, where he had clear vision of Mesonak. Even as he fired his Volo Lutu launcher at the Skakdi's weapon in order to pull it away, the tree started shaking under the beetles' hunger.

IC: Mesonak

My Meso sense is tingling...

Mesonak whipped around from Zeth and grabbed the end of the grappling line that had been fired upon him. He viciously yanked upon it.

Jakura saw Mesonak whip around and grab the line, and with a chilling battle cry he swung into action.

Activating his Kualsi, he transported right underneath the Skakdi and performed a brutal uppercut. The demented being went flying through the air - however, he kept his grip on the line tight, taking it with him as he flew across the swamp.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

The Volo Lutu sphere flew through the air and connected with Mesonak as planned, but the Skakdi was responsing by pulling the sphere and preventing the gravitational force from disarming him. Then, all of a sudden, Jakura appeared and struck at Mesonak, sending him flying. Before Hile would follow him due to the Volo Lutu, he quickly shut the device down, leaving the sphere with the Skakdi and the launcher with Hile.

With that, he leaped off the tree, which was crumbling under the appetite of the beetles.

IC: Iegasa

"Simple tourism," replied Iegasa with a smile. "Souvenir teabags hopefully included."

NPC:

Rockwall didn't get many simple tourists. The garrison was growing warier.

"Right," Thessa said warily, signalling from behind the opaque safety of Rockwall's...rock wall...with her hand for Airu and Mussiki. "Thing is, stranger, most people who come to check out the colony generally come through a more classical method, like a speedboat or a ferry. We don't get many travellers on foot - matter of fact, you happen to be the very first. You understand that comes off as a little suspicious."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Iegasa nodded. He understood perfectly why he was treated with such suspicion. It wasn't unfounded either - while the activities he planned in the colony were quite innocent, there were other ... less-than-savoury aspects to his presence. Not that it really mattered to him. He would simply fulfil his own curiosity, and if he could assist his fellow in the process? That was fine.

"I landed elsewhere on this ... ah, islet," he said. "In hindsight, it may have been easier to take a simpler route."

IC (Cael)

The company arrived in Le-Koro to a state of near-panic. The peaceful tree-village was gone; in its place was a hive of tense activity. From what she could gather, Cael learned that a vast swarm of wood-eating insects had been sighted not far from the village. The Rahi were chewing up trees at an incredible rate, and if they made it to Le-Koro...

The Toa of Water looked at her feet: the entire village was built on the vast trunks of ancient trees.

IC: Zeth

Mesonak charged him full on, the massive hulk that he was sloshing noisily towards him.

This is it. My body will rot in these retched swamp waters after he's finished with me.

Zeth closed his eyes and focused his energy inward, scraping together all the remaining power he possessed. The teal orbs flickered open as he released wave of elemental energy from his body.

Of course it was in this moment that a Toa of Fire chose to sprout from the algea-infested waters and nail the Skakdi in the chin with a solid uppercut.

However, Zeth had already released a forceful gravitational push that would likely hit both Toa and Skakdi. This was rightly assumed, based on the fact that the kick sent Zeth flying backwards into the water.

Third time today.

IC: Kunitu

"Lead on then," said Kunitu. "Someone sound the alarm though. Le's off to battle once again."

Unfortunately.

IC: Trava (Le-Koro)

"Not to be a buzzkill, if you'll excuse the pun, but I think we should make sure to bring something we can use against these things"

Trava herself had already holstered and packed her own gear, but there was depressingly little indication of anything close to pesticide, bug poison or even a meager flyswatter.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aerus (Caves, Le-Wahi)

It takes a moment for me to realise I've been addressed, looking up at Merror and trying to pull together my thoughts enough to understand what's being discussed. "Hm? Oh, I'd say he's probably returned to his base in Ko-Wahi. The battle inflicted a toll on their side too, and that's probably where he'd have headed to recuperate."

You're talking too much.

I'm doing my best. I gave them the answer they were looking for.

They can tell you're distracted. You're giving yourself away.

No, I'm not. I'm still good.

I wince slightly as I feel a sharp pain tear through my arm, clenching my fingers and relaxing them a few times until it wears off. I only just catch the surprise before it becomes evident in my manner as I realise it's my left, blinking and clenching my fist again, only to glance down and see it still immobile. Ghost pains, I think they're called.

Your arm isn't coming back.

I'm still in control.

IC (Merror)

"And can you lead us there?"

Even as he asked the question, he noticed a slight change in the Matoran's demeanour. Aerus winced, then looked down at his arm—the arm that dangled limply at his side. The Toa of Fire had noticed the injury as they left the cave in the aftermath of the battle, and he felt a pang of sympathy for the Matoran. Aerus had paid his price for walking the darker path.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Atop a tree in the Fau swamp

It has been sometime since I emerged from that cavern, with the blood of my kind still on my hands. In that time I have learned alot, not just about the world around me but about myself. I have come to learn that I had abilities I was not aware of. Many discoveries were fascinating, while others were alarming. Like the simple, yet horrible realization that my kind was created by makuta which I knew but did not know that the inhabitants of this island consider him to be the ultimate evil. I would like to consider this an exaggeration since he gave my kind life, though a cruel one, life none the less. And how could one so evil give something so precious?

And with that revelation I find myself at a crossroads. I see the two sides on this island fighting for control and I have to ask myself, which side I belong on. Do I join the side that my creator belonged to or do I join the side that opposes my creator? I truly feel no inclination towards these imposed concepts of right or wrong. Afterall if both sides believe they are right then how can either claim the other is wrong? Can a being born of darkness not become a beacon of light? Can those of light not become a void?

These are all questions that run through my mind and for all of them I have no answer for yet. Afterall when you are the last of your kind, you feel a certain duty to choose how your kind will be remembered. For now I shall just enjoy the sunlight as it beats warms me in these otherwise cold times.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Cael)

It wasn't a place she particularly wanted to revisit, Cael decided, foraging through the jungle.

Her first excursion to Echelon's hideout was marked in her memory by the near-death of several of her friends, and Joske's disappearance. Now the Necromancer was likely long gone, but that didn't automatically make it a five-star resort. She could think of many other places she would prefer to go.

But they needed to find Echelon, for Utu's sake. Agni and Merror had planned to visit the site of the battle to find some sort of trail they could follow. The healer didn't know how much progress they had made by now, but hopefully they weren't too far ahead.

IC: Zeth

Mesonak charged him full on, the massive hulk that he was sloshing noisily towards him. This is it. My body will rot in these retched swamp waters after he's finished with me.

Zeth closed his eyes and focused his energy inward, scraping together all the remaining power he possessed. The teal orbs flickered open as he released wave of elemental energy from his body.

Of course it was in this moment that a Toa of Fire chose to sprout from the algea-infested waters and nail the Skakdi in the chin with a solid uppercut.

However, Zeth had already released a forceful gravitational push that would likely hit both Toa and Skakdi. This was rightly assumed, based on the fact that the kick sent Zeth flying backwards into the water.Third time today.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

The Volo Lutu sphere flew through the air and connected with Mesonak as planned, but the Skakdi was by pulling the sphere and preventing the gravitational force from disarming him. Then, all of a sudden, Jakura appeared and struck at Mesonak, sending him flying. Before Hile would follow him due to the Volo Lutu, he quickly shut the device down, leaving the sphere with the Skakdi and the launcher with Hile.

With that, he leaped off the tree, which was crumbling under the appetite of the beetles.

IC: Jakura and Mesonak

Both beings grunted as Zeth's mighty gravitational blast sent them soaring through the swamp. They crashed head-first into a pile of fallen trees - which had been standing a few mere minutes before. Each struggled to lift themselves from the mess on the marshy ground.

IC:

Wait....

Ta-Toa... With a Kualsi...

No, it couldn't be.

Zeth pulled himself out of the water. Droplets cascaded off his figure and caught the dwindling rays oof the sun as they shone through the treetops above. If this had been a normal day, without maddened shadows from the past or obnoxious flying insects, it would've been a nice one.

Curiousity prevented him from making a run for it. If Jakura really was still alive, the Ba-Toa needed to see for himself.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Hile spotted the Toa of Gravity in the distance, and wondered whose side he was on. The Skakdi's?

Hile decided to spend no more time wondering. The Volo Lutu sphere was still attached to Mesonak's weapon. Reactivating his launcher, the pull between it and the sphere was restored, as Hile once more attempted to yank the weapon from Mesonak's grip.

NPC:

"Yeah. Could have been." Thessa was joined at the top of the tower by a genial-looking Toa of Sonics and a lithe Toa of Plant Life wearing a Ruru and a hard set mouth. "Alright. Where'd you make land at? We'll see if we can have your boat brought in, and you can come in with it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC:

Thessa weighed that a second. "Alright. We'll send a couple Marines out with you to get it back out into the water and sail it in. Mussiki, you go with him." Behind the wall, she signaled her own, more private protocol to the Toa of Sonics - don't let him on the ship until it's inspected. Don't let him in until you're sure.

From over the wall, two tall, muscular Ga-Matoran flung ropes over the edge of the wall and began the perilous rappel down. Mussiki, the Toa of Sonics, looked over the wall lazily and then followed suit when they were down.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

A couple seemed quite excessive for someone like him, but Iegasa supposed that the colony was a lot more dedicated to ensuring its own safety. As such, he did not protest, merely greeting those assigned to survey him with a nod and smile.

"I apologise if I am taking up any of your time," he said apologetically, sincerity evident in his voice.

As stated, the boat was not far from the gates of Rockwell. The small vessel (which could be better described as a canoe) sat against the banks of the surviving islet, its paddles lying safely within. It appeared that nothing had interfered with Iegasa's boat in the short time he had been gone, which was rather relieving. It simply would not do to find that a mutant Rahi or the like had destroyed it.

"Here it is," he declared, strolling up to the canoe.

The Toa of Fire pushed himself up and teleported himself a few meters away from the Skakdi. He could feel the sweat on his brow, and numbness of his hands as he gripped his weapon tightly - the weapon that used to belong to Mesonak.

When he looked at that creature's face, he caught his breath - it was horribly disfigured, half-melted and scarred. Those prominent Skakdi teeth poke through more than they should have, and his eyes... his eyes burned brighter than Jakura's own fire.

IC: Mesonak

Mesonak rubbed his chin in pain, and looked towards the Toa of Fire who had so rudely interrupted Zeth's extermination. When his eyes met Jakura's, a spark ignited in his chest - a spark on the end of a fuse. And a short fuse, at that.\

He could see the nervousness of the master of fire, the way he clutched his weapon - actually, his weapon. Meso would have recognized that curved blade anywhere.

Suddenly, a rage inside of him that even he could not suppress surfaced. He clenched his teeth, cocked his ice blaster, and got ready to charge his enemy - when, out of nowhere, a sharp tug - not terribly strong, but fast enough to catch Mesonak off-guard -  ripped his weapon from his hand. Bewildered and terrified, he spun around to see Hile, Volo Lutu in hand.

Mesonak let out a mighty roar.

IC:

A matoran had engaged in the battle, and quite effectively at that. Mesonak was temporarily disarmed due to the little one's actions, but Zeth wasn't prepared to stand by and watch Mesonak grind him beneath his heel. He swallowed hard and charged the Skakdi, sword poised effectively forwards. His left palm pushed against the pommel as he thrusted the blade towards Mesonak's abdomen.

Ranok was off like a shot before he had time to ponder the usefulness of a sword against a swarm of ravenous beetles.  The De-matoran pounded the doors of each barrack, each time revealing several disgruntled guardsmen.  Once they saw the look on his face, however, most of them listened.

His task done, he struck off in the general direction of the team that had left previously.  Their voices were fading, but he knew the area well and he was soon caught up to them, panting, with his flute tucked under his arm.  He didn’t know if the insects were vulnerable to high pitches, but it was worth a try.

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Ranok shook his head.

"My gukko died in the Rakshi attack."

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Kunitu

"Oh."

Kunitu knew what it was like to have a trusted partner like one's Gukko die. Although it had been long ago, there were still wounds in her heart from the loss of her friend. Maybe that was why she had been drawn to her current bird. It had lost its own partner as well.

"You can ride with me, if you want," she said quietly.

[Le-Koro, Outer Edges]

"I would appreciate that," Ranok said.  He had forcibly been not thinking of his dead gukko for the past few months, his still tender arm was enough a reminder.  Ranok wasn't particularly attached to animals, considering what had happened to his parents, but it had been impossible not to feel for Bee.  He had been a young bird, and the runt of the clutch, only suitable for carrying a single matoran, and a small one at that.  If this were a ballad, he would have risen to become the best flyers in the force.  But this was real life, and Bee was dead.

"That is, if you wouldn't mind someone not exactly useful.  I can't throw anything resembling a disk."

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi, Fau swamp):

Hile grinned in triumph as Mesonak's weapon came into his possession. It was far too heavy for him to use effectively, but he had disarmed his foe. He saw the Toa of Gravity attack the Skakdi, which meant that he was on their side as well. The battle should be easily won, with the Skakdi outnumbered three against one.