BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Zaara.

Zaara didn't know how to respond. She'd known that Marda was an unusual being - it didn't take a genius to figure that out - but she hadn't realised just how unusual. "Is there any way we can help you?" she asked, being careful not to touch Marda. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Fa-Toa had arrived at the group to take a closer look. "What's going on?" he asked. "Are we under attack?"

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been busy with real-life stuff.

IC, Verdi: "Yes, we're under attack," Verdi responded to the Fa-Toa. "We're under attack by bugs that eat trees... and since the village is, you know, built on trees, you can see why that's a problem. Anyway, I'm here to ferry people out to where those bugs are so that they can help get rid of them. You interested?"

IC Anedonia

The Fa-Toa considered the Gukko rider's words. He bore no attachment to the Koro of air (except maybe for the climate); if it lived or died, it didn't really matter. But it would be an interesting story nonetheless. An epic tale, the classic setup of the heroic villagers vs the mindless evil force; how could he miss out on that. To witness such a tale, and that tale probably being only one chapter in a much grander story; surely he couldn't miss this chance?

Yeah... About that.

If he had any hope of enjoying himself, he could throw it away right now.

Still, he said: "Yes."

He paused.

"I can use magnetism, if that would help. I also have a Ruru."

"... Do we have any long metal poles? Like, maybe five bio long. We could use it to magnetize the bugs. Or would that disrupt your balance in flight?"

IC: Talu.

"We... could always use the trees."

He pointed behind him and the leaves of the tree bent down into a staircase to the top of the trees.

IC: (Venemi)

"The creatures are eating the trees - I suggest that that is a bad move therefore." she replied as they made their way down to ground level.

Kathok

IC: Talu

"Hhmph. Fine, ignore my help why don't you? Sure, just wrong-turn down there!" he shouted after the two.

"Fine, I'll go see if any wind-riders need spirit-lift."

He walked over to where the gukko force was stationed.

"Hey there, need any help?"

OOC: Open to interaction from any members of the Gukko force.

IC, Verdi: "We might have some poles somewhere in the Force's armory... I'll have to go look. And don't worry about balance- as long as you're saddled up, you shouldn't fall out or tip the bird over. Probably."

Just then, a Toa of Plantlife walked over and offered his help. "Absolutely!" replied Verdi. "We're taking volunteers over to where the bugs are. I'll give you a lift after we stop off at the Gukko Force armory to get this Fa-Toa a metal pole, okay?"

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC: Dakku (Le-koro)

I travelled with Venemi to the ground floor on an elevator. I might not be afraid of heights, but riding the elevator made me quite nervous. I have this gut-wrenching feeling that the elevator will break and fall down.. machines are unreliable, in my opinion. Thankfully, it doesn't take too long and soon my feet are on solid ground. People from the village were gathering here, some already preparing tents and temporary shelters in case it would rain, which is quite common in these humid jungles. Some are climbing the neaby trees, and then jumping fom branch to branch with long, impressive leaps. They carried weapons, so I assumed that they were part of the Gukko force.

I turn to Venemi. "Could you help them deal with the swarm somehow?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Marda

Marda shook her head slowly, pulling herself upright.

"No...no, it should...pass...it always does..." she said, and slowly the pressure began to let up. It didn't go away, not completely, and it wouldn't until she used her powers, but for now she was capable of moving forward. "I'm fine. I just...I need to use my powers soon. Come on, let's get to Le-Koro." she said.

IC Xerrand

In the thick of the jungle a toa of lightning strode between the trees. His name was Xerrand, and he had matters to attend to in Le koro,

He came to the area where the Le Koronan music usually filled the air. Usually. Today there was no music to be heard. This is usually the most uplifting Koro. Where the kahrz is everyone?  There were guards standing post at the entrance to the Koro; they were resolute and unyielding "You there, guardsmen" he addressed "I wish to enter the Koro. But why is there no music? Why do I not see the Le Matoran dancing like sprites in the trees?"

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

OOC: Vesun, Khervos, Tuli, and Kirgan incoming from Ta-Wahi (through Onu-Wahi tunnels).

IC: Vesun

Vesun emerged from the Onu-Le-Koro tunnel, ducking a low-flying bird. He followed Kirgan, Khervos, and Tuli to the village, marveling in silence at the immense forest around him. They arrived at the base of Le-Koro just in time to overhear Xerrand's question to the guards. Vesun stepped up next to the Toa of Electricity. "Do they usually do so?" He paused. "Charming," he commented with an unreadable tone.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Le-Wahi, Le-Koro tree base):

Khervos had a hard time believing what he was seeing. It seemed like yet another village was in trouble. Evidence of the devastation of the Entropy beetles had been visible throughout the jungle and now the Le-Matoran themselves were about to leave their village... Or prepare for battle.

"Looks like all villages we need to go to are struck with disaster."

IC: Zaara.

"If you're sure..." Zaara said uncertainly. "How much further is it to the village?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Akhulii

"Agreed. Plus the odds of running into someone in these dense forests doesn't seem very likely until we get closer to the Koro." They continued walking for a while.

Akhulii wondered what might be going on with those Le-Koronans. What were they like? He imagined them as wild and barbaric, but wasn't sure. He decided to ask Ryzen to see if he knew.

"What are the Le-Koronans like. You have any idea? I heard they live in trees. Or maybe just one big tree? To be perfectly honest I'm not sure. I've never studied the histories of the other individual Koros much. It's a bit of a bother, though it would come in handy now."

He paused to take in his surroundings. The jungle they were in was very lush and filled with all sorts of wildlife. As they walked, he would stop and study. then pick off a plant or herb and bag it. He had managed to get together a hefty collection now.

I travelled with Venemi to the ground floor on an elevator. I might not be afraid of heights, but riding the elevator made me quite nervous. I have this gut-wrenching feeling that the elevator will break and fall down.. machines are unreliable, in my opinion. Thankfully, it doesn't take too long and soon my feet are on solid ground. People from the village were gathering here, some already preparing tents and temporary shelters in case it would rain, which is quite common in these humid jungles. Some are climbing the neaby trees, and then jumping fom branch to branch with long, impressive leaps. They carried weapons, so I assumed that they were part of the Gukko force.

I turn to Venemi. "Could you help them deal with the swarm somehow?"

"Dakku, I hate to break this too you, and I know you've only just settled here, but the best thing we can do is get out of the Wahi; the ######ing beetles are eating everything - not just the koro..."

Kathok

As they walked along the undergrowth-covered ground, Venemi frowned...

"I wasn't giving up hope, I was being realistic. These creatures were unleashed by someone or something, and I have a suspicion I know who..."

As they approached what resembled a path, Venemi said:

"Right, I will go to Ta in a day or two, so either you will come with me or stay in this slowly lessening jungle."

Kathok

"Ta-koro?" I was curious. I had never been to the village of Fire before. "Well, maybe. But I don't want to leave my wife." I thought about it for a moment. The doctors can probably take care of her. She only had fever, and no other symptoms. Maybe I could go to Ta-koro. Living in a tent, in a rainy jungle, bugs crawling inside..

After a moment of thinking, I turned back to Venemi. "Or actually, I think she'll be fine. Can you wait here while I tell her? I'll be back soon."

OoC: Feel free to transport Dakku to Ta.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vesun

"We were just trying to get to... Ko-Koro, you called it?" He glanced back at Kirgan for a moment. "Apparently it's under attack." He looked up at the enormous tree before him. "A more pressing question is - where are the villagers?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Le-Wahi, Le-Koro tree base):

"I don't know where, but I think I just figured out why", Kirgan said, pointing in the distance. A swarm of Entropy beetles could be seen devouring vegetation in their wake frighteningly fast.

"Those things... What are they?" Tuli wondered.

"A new threat", Khervos said. "Who knows where they come from."

"Right, I guess we can safely say we won't find any telepaths here", Kirgan said.

[Le-Wahi, Flying over the Jungle]

From the back of Kunitu’s gukko, Ranok stared down at the destruction below them.  Now that he was close enough, the munching sound of the beetles was a constant presence in his mind.  It set his teeth on edge.

Other members of the gukko force were circling nearby, but none of them appeared to have a better handle on the situation than the two of them did.

“So,” Ranok said.  “Got any good-bright ideas?”

Ranok was usually good keeping treespeak out of his speech, but the sound of the beetles had been grating on his nerves too long.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Kelz and Ryza.

"Stop playing with your new pets and get your sorry arse up on deck now!" Ryza shouted, hammering her fist on the cabin door.

Kelz emerged, Archie settling on his shoulder. "What?" he scowled, irritated at having been disturbed from his study of the strange wood-eating beetles.

"Tide's changed," Ryza informed him, "and the hull is patched - again. We're free to go."

"Go where?" Kelz asked, heading for the wheel, "we don't know anything about this place.".

"We need to find a proper port with some real carpenters who can properly fix the ship. I say we just hug the coastline, keep to the shallows and wait until we come across a real port."

"That's a terrible plan," Kelz said pointedly. "But, since it's all we've got, I won't disagree with it." He stepped up to the wheel, feeling the familiar gnarled wood beneath his hands. It was time to go: The Wayward Wind was ready to set sail.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Akhulii

"A bunch of tree houses you say?" Akhulii responded as he jumped over a fallen log. "Hmph. I still don't see how the Le-matoran could possible live that way. I can't imagine you're much a vine swinger yourself!" He chuckled.

Akhulii admired the pretty canopy above him. Small, wild rahi crawled up trees, flew, and swung around the beautiful jungle, though he remembered how he'd had his taste of it with that strange plant creature. Perhaps this place is just too wild... Some wild fikou occasionally crawled around them but (strangely) generally kept their distance.

IC: Praxis (Le-Koro Marketplace)

The Toa of Gravity watched as the legion of winged Rahi touched down.

That's a lot of birds.

"...Three people per Kahu, two per Gukko."

Karz.

Praxis didn't fly well with others.

He didn't mean to make that pun.

I'll be to Karzanhi if I'll be riding with others, but a ride on a Kahu is too good to pass up. Beats going by ground with the Lesterin or air-surfing on a rotting log or something.

Whatever.

He began to push through the crowd, heading towards the nearest Kahu.

"How hard could it be to squish a beetle?" he muttered under his breath.

"Ta-koro?" I was curious. I had never been to the village of Fire before. "Well, maybe. But I don't want to leave my wife." I thought about it for a moment. The doctors can probably take care of her. She only had fever, and no other symptoms. Maybe I could go to Ta-koro. Living in a tent, in a rainy jungle, bugs crawling inside..

After a moment of thinking, I turned back to Venemi. "Or actually, I think she'll be fine. Can you wait here while I tell her? I'll be back soon."

OoC: Feel free to transport Dakku to Ta.

IC: (Venemi/near Le-Koro)

"Really?"

The matoran had seemed strangely fine about leaving his wife...

"In that case, we will go by gukko; the Force lets me borrow them in return for the work I've done, and I can send it back here afterwards."

Venemi, who had already packed up what little she owned when they left the koro, waited for Dakku to say his goodbyes...

Kathok

[Le-Wahi, Flying over the Jungle]

“Can you fly me downtree, closer to them?”  Ranok asked.  “I think I have a thought--a plan.  Might be useless, but worth trying.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.