BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC - Kahal [skies over Le-Wahi]:

The archer paused briefly as he fired off another arrow at the swarm of beetles. He looked around for any sign of the single before looking over to the general area where he had been picked up from. He couldn't make out what it said, the large ice sculpture was in a script he had never seen. However, the general idea was pretty clear. Kahal notched the ice arrow and waited for a lull in the Gukko's spastic movements.

"Hmm, it looks like an arrow but there's still a good chance it'll break..." The archer muttered as he pulled the bowstring taut and prepared to fire. By now, the wave of Gukkos he was a part of were beginning to sweep back. The hunter licked his lips and focused on creating a an air current to help ferry the arrow towards its target. As soon as the Gukko slowed the archer released the string. The ice arrow flew towards the swarm, taking an odd path thanks to his elemental powers.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

Ic: Artem 

By the time Artem got back to the Koro he was tired. But he felt a strange sense of duty. It was like he needed to be there. He climbed the tree to the platform the others were on "Hi guys, we came back." He stood climbed higher and started launching sonic blasts, destroying many bugs.

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

IC: Uzan

Uzan ran over to the edge of the tree. "Hey I was just going to look for you and the others," said Uzan. She fired blast after blast of plasma energy at the beetles "It doesn't matter how many we kill. They just keep on coming." she said frustrated.

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

IC Izzun

Izzun saw the ice arrow fall towards the beetle swarms. He concentrated hard. The arrow shattered fifteen feet before hitting the swarm and the particles of ice that remained went into the ground, not hitting a single beetle. Izzun concentrated even harder. The ground where the arrow hit froze. He built on that ice quickly, freezing almost all the ground the beetles covered.

Now the beetles would have little footing, thanks to the freezing pains the ice gave them and the sheer slipperiness the ice had. And hopefully ground forces would have an easier time attacking them. But it took a toll on Izzun. He slumped downwards, dropping the ice letters and falling off the hut as if he was unconscious. He wasn't though, but merely just tired. He tried to get to his elbows for support.

"Sure thing," said Uzan. She slammed her sword into platform, ran to the side and ran back to her sword using it help get higher in the air and then at the peak height activated her mask to stay up and looked at the swarm. "By Mata Nui, the swarms gotta stretch at least a kio back!" she yelled, dropping back down to where the others were.

She noticed that Izzun had fallen off the hut. She ran over to him to try and help him, "Izzun are you ok?" she asked. "Rest if you need to, we can handle this for awhile."

OoC: so is Artem on the platform or the tree? Also Uzan probably over estimated the size of the swarm.

Edited by toa grimlock

IC: Trava (Outside Le-Koro)

The Lesterin, already scouting the surroundings in preparation for heading out, spotted in the corner of her eye a Toa of Fire staring at her rather intently, with another Toa in tow behind her.

"Just a moment, girls, I'll go see what our new friends want."

Trave leaped off the branch she'd been perched on impeccably, appearing as if striding through the air as she made her way by branch to where Vyartha and Nikarra were standing.

"Not a good day to be wandering about on your own, ladies. They say there's trouble afoot down there in the swamp" she introduced herself with a good-natured smirk.

OOC: Actually, Vyartha and Sloth are both atop a Gukko bird. :3

IC: Vyartha / Outside Le-Koro

The Lesterin was quick to approach our position and deliver to us information of which we were already aware. Her colours denoted her to be, presumably, elementally affiliated to the Green, and her build suggested that she was a hunter or a warrior. Not dissimilar to myself, it would seem.

Physically, anyway.

"I presume that you refer to the current infestation of wood-eater beetles?" I asked, sparing Sloth a hint of a sidelong smirk. "We are aware of the situation, and have come to rectify it, in alliance with the Gukko Force. If you and your companions would care to assist us, feel free. If not, you would be best to inform us in regards to the location of others who would help us."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Don't push yourself to hard, I told you we can hold the koro for a while." Uzan moved over to Artem "I need you hold the the platform, I'm going to try to get back up into the air and fry the furthest back bugs I can," she said. Her mind had switched to all out battle command mode, her goal make sure everyone else survives the battle.

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii did his best to keep up with Lain's pace. They ran through jungle to get to the Koro, and the fight happening was not one that would disappoint.

The beetles fought and lunged ferociously at the defenders and reinforcements. Blurs of color from the toa's armor moved vigorously through the green as they bravely fought off the viscous beetles. It was more than chaotic, it was almost beautiful.

Up above the tree tops large gukko and their riders dove around firing at the beetles with disks and other weapons. Trees fell and Akhulii could hear a chain reaction of explosions off in the distance. Someone is playing with firearms when they shouldn't be...

Suddenly Akhulii was confronted by a single beetle. It was a nice big one, though not the biggest. Akhulii drew his aqua dagger and prepared to defend himself. He had never fought before or had any training, but right now he had to learn, for any beetle taken down is a beetle closer to saving the Koro.

IC: Varan

Varan reached what was left of the village of Le-Koro. He gently lowered Zeth onto the ground, and quickly summoned a medic. When a Matoran came, Varan paid him the amount necessary for treatment and living quarters. He then turned away and left without another word. He was due towards Obsidian.

OOC: Varan and Anhar to Obsidian Outpost in Ko-Wahi

IC Izzun

Izzun stretched. He was all better now. He flipped up on his hands, launched himself into the air, and landed back down gracefully on one foot. He turned to the surprised Uzan, and said "What? it's just a thing."

The battle was far from over. Really far. Izzun saw the almost endless amounts of bugs pouring down, the Gukkos tiring in the air, and-Akhulii was approaching. He could hear his voice distinctively.

Someone to watch over things while I'm gone He thought. He walked to the edge of the platform and saw the beetles chomping through any tree they came across, all while painfully walking on the frozen ground and each other. He grunted angrily and tightened his fists. "Anyone comin' with me?"

IC Izzun

"Oh, I don't need help getting down... But air support would be nice. Ryzen, i'll be back." Izzun smiled, and stepped off the ledge. Landing on the ground and rolling, Izzun went over to the wall of trees and waited for Uzan to appear in the air.

Edited by ghidora131

OOC: Wow, you asked for it Toa grimlock... :P

IC Izzun

...Leader? Gee. Well, given the position by one member didn't really mean anything, but he was going to take advantage of it anyhow. "Okay Uzan, just fly around up there and tell me whether or not they're moving towards me. Oh, and don't get hit by any Gukkos."

Laughing, Izzun quickly scaled the tree wall and took one quick look towards the village. He gave a smile towards Ryzen. Turning once again, he jumped into the beetles and began a mad dash, slaughtering anything in his way and viciously roaring as he slowly plowed through.

IC Lain

"Akhulii, we're almost ther-"

The Bo-Toa notices the matoran is not behind him, had he got lost in the jungle? He backtracks a short while, seeing that the matoran is facing off against one of the beetles. Lain considers spearing the beetle immediately, but he believes Akhulii can handle himself. It'll do him good to become more confident in his strength.

...but close to it

IC Izzun

Izzun quickly made an ice pillar, allowing him to stand out of the swarm for a second while he spat the beetle legs out of his mouth. He looked up towards Uzan and said "Try to contact the Gukko flyers. Does this thing have a queen?" He then gracefully dove off into the horde on the right.

[Le-Wahi, Flying over the Jungle]

Ranok started at the voice, so loud even with the beetles annoying scrrrring.

“You know what I was saying about Toa of Sonics earlier…” he said to Kunitu.  “Do you thing you could…?”

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Akhulii- Le-koro

Akhulii faced off against the single beetle. His hands began shaking with the knife. It seemed to be analyzing him, trying to figure out why such a small powerless being believed he could do anything against it.

Now or never... Akhulii gave out a loud and awkward yell as he ran towards it with his aqua knife. He caught the bug off guard with his strange ferocity and made a huge gash in its side.

It gave out a loud hiss and began fighting back, jumping back at him and using it's hidden claws to attack. Akhulii had no real training in battle, but he managed to hold it off pretty well, avoiding serious injuries and attacking it when he could.

The fight went on longer than it should've, for Akhulii was too enraged to remember attacking it's weak spots, but eventually he gave the final stab and the beetle fell silent, its legs giving a last quiver before it gave out. Akhulii was panting heavily and his mask was slightly off. He had finally managed to take down one beetle.

Uzan saw the Gukko fliers land and started trying to move to the platform. If anyone had been watching they would have been laughing, it looked like she was trying to swim in the air. "oh sure that worked. Good thing Artem's around," she muttered to herself .

You could have thought of that earlier, Ranok thought, but he simply shook his head and said:

“The don’t respond to anything within our hearing-range.  Could you produce pitches beyond that?”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

"Possibly. I haven't ever tried. If you can capture one, I'll experiment with it. It takes a lot of energy to produce a loud sound, and I don't want to do something with no outcome and waste all that energy. And what about the queen? Is there a central hive?" Artem saw Uzan land on the platform "Oh sorry i keep beating you to things." He laughed and smiled at the toa. She seemed a little overenthusiastic, but that is a good quality in a person.

Edited by Hiram McDaniels

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

Ranok frowned.  “Even if I knew they had a queen, I would have know idea how to find her.  Besides, at the rate they’re growing I doubt only one of them is producing offspring.”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"Yeah they are a pain" Artem decided to follow Izzun's lead. He ran over to the edge of the platform and dived into the herd. The pain of stinging and biting was too intense. He needed to leave. He grabbed one. It put up a fight. The beatle bit him on the hand. He knew he couldn't kill it or even harm it without damaging its ability to hear. He used his Huna and became invisible, confusing the bug's sense of sight. Artem was dropping quickly now. The herd couldn't see him anymore. He hit the ground and climbed the tree again. He rushed over to the group "Got one!" he said "someone cover me. I need to test my powers"

Edited by Hiram McDaniels

BzpRpg Profile