BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ekko

"Have fun," she chirped in the Cap'n and First Mate's (heh) general direction. "If Sudo decides to return to the land of the living, let him know we've gone to fight swamp monsters without him and I'm a big girl now who can handle myself."

Ocean air was pretty salty, all things considered.

IC (Rewera & Aparangi):

The two dark Toa exchanged a glance, then Rewera nodded approvingly. “I just love a good, dingy bar.” She purred, struck by a for her atypical humorous mood. Aparangi just rolled his eyes and lifted an arm, signaling the bar that they wanted to order.

“Let’s hear the good news.” He muttered under his breath.

IC: Kythera

"After this, we'll go and find a relatively up-to-date map. That should let us at least get there would getting lost in the Drifts."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Kathrine:

"Gotta be lonely out there all by yourself, though. Can't imagine the wildlife makes for very good company..."

IC: Vilerax.

"You'd be surprised," he responded, "It just takes a bit of time, and a lot of patience."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Yeah, but you have to understand," Unari began, gruff voice lightened by a small amount of humour, "I'm supposed to be the down-to-earth, rough-around-the-edges bartender that everybody goes to for funny interactions and surprisingly sage life advice when they come in, because I'm the only person around who doesn't have a problem speaking his mind to people, probably because he's always dealing with drunk people anyways." Unari winked.

"Life's like a play, bud. We all have our roles to play. If I went with the attitude you put out then I'd have to be in a different line of work. Doesn't fit the stereotypical expectations of my current occupation."

IC:

"You're over-thinking this, buddy," the Skakdi said, hefting the pitcher of beer and taking a sip straight from it. "Life's life, and it is what you make of it. Guard's more than a guard, bounty hunter's more than a bounty hunter. Bartender's more than a bartender, you know?"

IC:

"I've been down in those ruins before, Wher-baby," I said, stretching out and staring up into the canopy with my hands clasped behind my head. "Man, I used to live in them. You want to go and risk your lives in that Spirit-forsaken dump, be my guest, but I've got more experience and more common sense than that."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Of course I'm scared," I said, not even bothering to meet Ekko's gaze -- considering it would ever-so-slightly useless gesture to her. "When the Islets sank, I spent months in that rat's nest. Months that I'll never get back, months worth of things I'll never stop seeing. And believe you me, none of it was pleasant."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Wherya (Southern Charm)

"Ooooooh, really?" I turned eagerly in his direction. "You gotta give us the tour. You don't wanna see your Wher-baby in trouble, do you?"

On second thought that was a pretty silly nickname, even for my tastes. but hey, he came up with it.

"I mean, we could just stay here and talk about your feelings some more instead" I said with much mischief evident.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Sisk):

„No doubt.“ The Le-Matoran replied to his first-time co-pilot. He directed Skyscratcher into a shallow dive, while tugging on the reigns, causing the Kahu to fly in a wide, descending spiral above the area they had spotted earlier. Sisk was keeping an eye out for any sign of large Rahi away from its territory. 

But after several minutes and no sign of movement visible from above, Skyscratchers claws were only mere meters above the crowns of the trees, before its pilot steered them in the direction of a nearby clearing.

As their bird descended further with little guidance, Sisk held onto the reigns with his right, turning in the saddle to look at Helios. “Looks like we’re on foot from here on out. I hope you don’t mind getting your boots a bit-little mud-dirty?”

IC: Helios (Jungle)

"It'd be the first time they're actually getting their money's worth" I replied, making an effort to sound a bit less jovial then normal. I was trying to do a job here, after all.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

I'd heard about the artistic temperament, but this was just ridiculous.

"You wanna know about my feelings?" I said, looking over and straight into Wherya's eyes. "I did unspeakable things in those ruins, kid. Things that haunt me to this very day, things that make me ashamed to still be alive. I've seen terrible, terrible things happen down in those depths, things that could only happen in the shadows and would do very well to stay in the shadows. And you want to go down there?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing.

"Fine. Go ahead. Leave a note saying what you want done with your corpse before you head out."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kathrine:

I sat up with a bemused look on my face, "Oh?"

IC Sarcen Vale- Jungle:

Light filtered throught the canopy of the Le-Wahi jungle and onto my face.

My eyes flickered open. At least, it seemed like Le-Wahi. The sounds were right, anyway. Insects, birds, the occasional Rahi. 

Man I had one Karz of a headache. What happened to me?

"Mr. Vale, are you awake yet? Please be awake, I've only had the other guy to talk to this whole time....."

Who....?

Red flashes pulsed in front of my eyes, and a feeling of annoyance washed over me momentarily.

I became extremely aware of an alien protrusion on my back, and scrambled up to my feet, clutching at my back. My fingers brushed against something hard, chitinous, and slightly slimy. A wave of revulsion washed over me, and I squealed in a most undignified way. 

"What the karz is this thing?!"

More red flashes of annoyance.

"That's Ora. He's not very nice."

I spun around, trying to locate the source of the voice which was pleasant and feminine.

"Who's there?!" I said, panicked. My hand brushed up against a familiar shape. A disc launcher. I slipped my hands around its weight. It was comforting, in a way.

"You don't remember me?" The voice sounded disappointed. "I know we only met a little while ago, but you could at least remember my name!"

"Where..... where are you?! Show yourself!" I wheeled my head around, trying to find the source of the voice.

Yellow flashes this time. Amusement.

"Close your eyes."

"What?"

"I said close your eyes! I'll show you who I am, but you have to close your eyes!"

Shakily, I looked around one more time. My hearing was good enough, I'd hear anyone coming.... which was why it was throwing me of that I couldn't find the source of the voice. I blinked twice, then slowly closed my eyes.

A bright blue flashed in my vision.... behind my eyelids? suddenly, there was a Girl standing in front of me. A toa, glowing purple and blue with bright blue eyes and a nervous smile.

"Hello again, Mr. Vale!"

"Wh-who are you? What's going on?" I asked out loud.

"My name's Luten, and, well......This might be weird, but....I'm your Kanohi."

......... nope. This was definitely a dream.

I reached up and wrapped my fingers around the edges of my Sanok, and tugged on it.

It....resisted. 

"Hey hey hey! Don't be so grabby! Sheesh, I might be the only person who knows anything about you, you jerk!"

"No.....nonono. This has to be a dream. I'm dreaming! You aren't real! none of this is real!"

She sighed, and rubbed her temples. I felt a similar pressure on my temples.

"Look, just....try and relax, okay? I'll try to explain as best I can before Ora-"

"Who's Ora?"

More yellow flashes. Amusement.

"I-is that you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"The color flashes. The emotions thing."

"No, that must be Ora. The...thingy on your back."

My hands went to my neck once more, feeling the alien presence.

Red flashes. Annoyance.

"I don't think it likes to be touched."

"He's rude, too."

"I....I don't understand. What is this thing?"

Images flashed across my vision, along with colors. Darkness. A pool. people. Pain, death, hunger, repeated over and over.  A hunger that could never be sated, only prolonged. 

My eyes widened, and I scrabbled my hands over the slimy intruder, wanting to be rid of it at once. 

Yellow and red this time. 

And then a surge of energy flowed out into my very core. Flowing out to my extremities like venom, I bucked and arched as my body grew lankier and.... sharper. It hurt immensely.

All the while, I kept trying to tear away the thing on my back. But my back was hunched,and my new stance did not allow easy access to my spine.

"Use the trees!"

Words.... hard to concentrate on. 

"TREES!"

Trees? I looked around. Trees! Perfect! I lined my back up with one and launched myself at it full force.

And promptly smashed it in two. with not even a scratch to mar passage of my passing.

"....Well that's concerning. Hang on, try aimng at that sharp bit, there, I'll boost your aim!"

"What?!" I can't do that, I'll be spiked!"

"I'm a Sanok, remember?!"

I clutched my head, "I don't even know if Mask powers work when I'm... like this!"

"Well we have to try something!"

"i'm the one doing all the work!"

More yellow flashes.

"Yostaouothis!"

OOC: Sarcen Vale is OFI!

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

He didn't respond. It was hard enough explaining to those of his own kind who had different marks how his powers worked. Trying to explain it to someone of an entirely different species would be near impossible. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

I'd heard about the artistic temperament, but this was just ridiculous.

"You wanna know about my feelings?" I said, looking over and straight into Wherya's eyes. "I did unspeakable things in those ruins, kid. Things that haunt me to this very day, things that make me ashamed to still be alive. I've seen terrible, terrible things happen down in those depths, things that could only happen in the shadows and would do very well to stay in the shadows. And you want to go down there?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing.

"Fine. Go ahead. Leave a note saying what you want done with your corpse before you head out."

"Wait, wait a second." I called out, looking at Angler's profile.

"I feel like a crossed a line just now, and that's not what I'm supposed to do, I draw lines, in a sketchbook, that's my thing"

Yeah, in hindsight I'll probably hate myself for that.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"That's one way of putting it," he replied uncertainly, "Probably the easiest." 

IC:

Sigh.

"Whatever," I said, waving the comment away. "You can go and explore it if you want. I don't care."

-Void

"Yeah, and I'll keep it to myself if you prefer that" I replied, with a sullen tone. The boss lady was right, and she wasn't the first person to say it to me, either. But I had an idea that could hopefully make some sort of amends.

But that was gonna come later, first. Ekko and I were going to explore a little.

I didn't bother turning in her direction, just spoke talked normally, "k, Ekko, you ready to go?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Don't you have fruit to vent your frustrations on?" The First Mate asked, finally opening her eyes all the way to look at Wherya and Ekko. "Don't get killed. I'd hate to lose labor so soon, and unless the Cap'n makes me, I'm not gonna save you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Woman, I'm in the process of turnin' red meat into a religious experience. Ain't you ever heard the story of Salamander's Revenge? How the real recipe only exists when you get drunk enough to get the proportions right on accident? It's the same story," he said, with an accusing wag of a small glass vial, "with a Skakdi and his seasonings. Now shut the up, Song. You're gonna make me put in too much powdered Doom Viper scale."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

• 2 weeks later...

IC (Aparangi & Rewera): 

Rewera nodded approvingly. "At least we won't run into any wildlife by surprise, I can guarantee that." she said. Meanwhile, Aparangi slipped out of his seat again, making his way towards the bar. There was a number of patrons there, but the dark Toa had no trouble gently pushing past them, before casually resting an arm on the counter and motioning for the bartender who'd ignored them in their seats so far. 

"Busy, huh?" Aparangi said, stating the obvious. 

"You could say that." the Matoran replied, his expression showing the desired result: Mildly confused by the bearish way he'd been adressed and thinking of the Toa as another tourist on their way through Le-Koro.

"New here?"

"You could say that." Aparangi said. "Washed ashore a couple of days ago with some others, no idea how. I gather that's common around here. Figured we'd see what the rest of the island has to offer."

"Well, the geography's pretty easy..." The bartender shrugged and then rattled off in which direction to find the different Koro. Aparangi inquired about each, leaving Po and Ko for last. "So, if I wanted to get to the northern-most Wahi...?"

"...you'd have to go west and around, through Ta- and Ga-Wahi on the way once you leave the jungle. Or you use the Onu-Koro highway, but that's a bit more risky."

"I've climbed a few trees to get a better view and noticed there's quite the big wall of ice rising up due north of here. There's no way straight across the mountains?"

"If you have a death-wish or you're a psychopath criminal, then yes."

"Sounds like you know something I haven't..." the dark Toa said, playing the 'freshly  shepwrecked amnesiac card' again as he felt the eyes of those closest to him turn in his direction as his act got a little attention.

"You haven't heard?" someone muttered from the left. "Mata Nui..." another whsipered under their breath. 

Aparangi pretended to be lost. "Enlighten me, please?"

-----

Meanwhile, back at the table, Rewera listened to her brother talk with one ear, while focusing the rest of her attention on Kythera. She knew a little about her, but to be perfectly honest, between the Aitua's infighting, their usual routine of keeping to themselves and constantly fighting since they arrived, it was little to nothing.

"You know," she said, "I don't think we had a chance to get to know each other much since we first met."

----------------

IC (Sisk):

With powerful swings of its wings, Skyscratcher slowed their descent down until the large bird's claws gently touched down on the mossy ground. With natural Le-Matoran skill, Sisk hopped out of the saddle and onto the ground, but found the move lacking quite a bit of elegance, compared to before he'd gotten his leg shattered. His leg seemed to agree as a slight pain shot through the limb, causing him to involuntarily bend over and hold his thigh for a few seconds, before standing up straight again.

"Old trees have creaky branches..." he muttered; and somewhere in the back of his head he could hear his friend Leah chide him for referring to himself as old. He looked to Helios. "Now we just need to find our Rahi. Should be easy enough. Ash bears leave paw prints, the other large ones have treads. The tricky bit starts when we get closer to them." 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Helios (Jungle Floor)

"If this waste-destruction is any indication, they've got be mad-frightened by now" I observed. Not that I know anything special about how Rahi work, y'know, but this seems like a fairly obvious thing to catch on to anyway.

"If nothing else, we might be able to draw them from wherever they're hiding with some of my self-made disks."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Kaen, Le-Wahi jungles)

The Toa of Air cut through the underbrush with his longsword. What light was able to filter through the canopy above glinted off his silver and green armor. He was lost.
...Or thought he was lost, at least. But let's not tell him that, it's more fun that way.
"Mata Nui," he exclaimed, violently cutting down a few plants, "where am I? WHERE?"
His shouts of confusion could be heard from Le-Koro. Which was like, nearby. Real nearby.

OOC: Kaen open for interaction, I guess.
...GOSHDARNIT I WISH I HAD MY LAPTOP AND MY TEXT COLORS RIGHT NOW.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC:

"Hasn't stopped me around you," Raknar deadpanned. "How many years have you been clingin' to my back like a leech now, Song? Three? Four? You're gonna have to learn -" and here he sprinkled the vial over the steaks with love and care he usually only saved for his ship and his girl "-how to step your stomach up to a Skakdi's level."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Ekko

"Hey Cap'n, think you could cook dead ancient ruin guardian?"

IC (Aparangi & Rewera): 

IC: Kythera

With a mild sense of curiosity, and half-expecting one of the being he'd pushed aside to turn out to be some scarred, muscle-bound skakdi, she listened to Aparangi's conversation. Though her attention was mostly fixed on the dark-armored Toa sitting across from her. Well, not so dark-armored; a better look had revealed Rewera had a slight bluish tint, and Aparangi red, if it really meant anything.

"Oh I'm sure we can fix that," Kythera assured, giving an impish grin, icy eyes gleaming for a moment. More so from her own... thoughts, than anything that Rewera had actually said. The vortixx laced her fingers together, elbows pressed against the table and head resting on her hands. "I think I might go first, I've got the sneaking suspicion that your story is a fair bit more interesting than mine."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 2 weeks later...

IC: (Kaen, Still Pretty Darn Close to Le-Koro)

You know what sucks?
Being lost.
You know what sucks even more?
Thinking you're lost, when you're really not.

The Toa of Air collapsed to his knees. This is it, he thought. I'm done for. I'm going to die alone in the middle of the jungle without even--
Wait.
He heard voices. Getting to his feet, Kaen pushed away some plants that were blocking his view. There was a town. A city, even. Just as he was beginning to think he had found some sort of lost civilization, he realized that what he was looking at was Le-Koro.
Well then.
He made his way to the city, hoping no one heard his confused cries of anguish previously.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Vantul

Vantul woke up and got out of bed, ready to start his day. He walked into the front of his shop, unlocked, set up, and sat back to wait for the first customers of the day. The gear-covered sign swung outside the door against a green background of jungle canopy. He expected to have a busy day, especially since his assistant would be out for a while on a trip.

OOC: Yay, my first ever BZPRPG entry. Open for interaction (I sell watches, fix things-you would know it if you came IC). And my assistant is imaginary and NPC, but they are conveniently absent in case anybody needs a job...

Edited by Lalajujunini

I am from space.  :l:  :a:  :l:  :a:  :j:  :u:  :j:  :u:  :n:  :i:  :n:  :i:

IC: Kantok

Kantok wanders in the forest around not having anything to do right now, and needing a new weapon, until he stumbles into a more clear patch of ground and looks around. Then he looks up and sees the village high in the trees. He wanders around looking for a way in. He finally finds the elevator and being questioned by the guard tells him "I was in the area and decided to see if I could get a new weapon somewhere". Kantok wanders around in the village until he finds a little shop with a sign covered in gears. He makes his way into the shop, and seeing a Le-matoran says "I'm looking for someone to build me a weapon, could you do that?"

Edited by commanderfarsight

"Well, what are you looking for? I've made a couple gadgets as a hobby, but they don't really work that well. You might do well to try Ta-Koro or Onu-Koro first. Then again, I might be able to help you..."

"A bit here and there, I've got must of the stuff in the shop. I would recommend you get the point elsewhere, I couldn't make one that would really work in combat. Really all I need are a few cords, a couple hydraulic tubes, a nice stack of plate metal, and I would have all I needed. While you're at it, if you could collect my order of gears from Ta-Koro and give them this."

Hands Kantok a small blueprint. On it is what looks like a small metal feather.

"The measurements are on there. Tell them I want at least a few hundred made. If you can do all that, I'll build your spear free of charge. I assume you want it as a Toa Tool? I guess I should make it compatible with... what's your element? Hey, and I forgot to ask, what's your name?"