Talk about Legends

The Lorax

IC: Damaracx (Ko-Metru, Knowledge Tower)

"AHA", Damaracx exclaimed startling a Ko-Matoran who was about to exit the room,"I'll use remote viewing to do some recon work!"

Damaracx took a deep breath and closed his eyes; this one move takes some discipline to master, but at this point Damaracx could put most psionic toa to shame with his rapid ability.

"Concentrate," he thought to himself,"concentrate."

Ah, remote viewing at last. It was quite a peculiar feeling; being separated from your body and all; it's kind of like floating around as if you were a weightless being.

OOC: Weren't there some rahkshi a lil' while ago?

Er, sorry? I don't remember this "remote viewing" thing being a part of the psionics element. Getting out of your body requires an iden.

Could you please either edit the post or provide an explanation of what is going on here?

ppg2.png

I might place Tazorax with a group of Dark Hunters seeing as how we're all scattered.

@Lorax: I'll go with the latter. The Iden is when your spirit leaves your body to explore(Astral Projection basically) and remote viewing is when your conscience (I would guess that the spirit could experience more senses (Such as the typical 5 and the others) then the conscience can(in which they might only experience sight and hearing) leaves your body to explore.

Edited by Damaracx Ultimate

Yeah... nah. Toa of psionics control mental energy, and there has never been any indication in canon that they can also do what you're describing, which is a bit outside that element's normal applications. Psionics is a powerful enough element as it is, so you shouldn't need to start inventing new abilities to play it well.

I'm going to squish this one, sorry. No "remote viewing" or astral projection without an iden.

ppg2.png

IC: Damaracx (Ko-Metru, Knowledge Tower)

Damaracx got up from his "station". The area was more office like seeing as how it was a Knowlegde Tower, not a battle fotress.

"I wonder if there's another toa here. They couldn't just let one toa guard a whole section of the city in a war", Damaracx divulged and with that statement he left his office.

OOC: Interaction accepted.

That would be fine, except Helios already left Ko-Metru

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vezok

Water erupted from the arm of Vezok, which the Ga-Skakdi held up to carry the pebbles created by Avak. The stream moved with great force towards the one Toa standing at the door. Vezok mustered all his power, and then switched to focusing on something else.

He reached out with his third power.

Let's see. Four Toa nearby, no Vahki? Those must be an illusion. But I'll take all the powers I can get.

Vezok used his power, and all of the Toa's powers and their current selection of masks was his. He tested the elements first, and looked at what he had found. Psionics, Sonics, Plasma and Gravity. He could find out what masks he had available to him later. First, he would use his control over the mind.

Yeah, no Canis, that doesn't correspond with this...

The Toa of sonics activated his mahiki, and augmented the visuals with appropriate sounds with his element. In place of the other two Toa, he conjured the image of a squad of Keerahk, staffs raised and poised to fire. He stepped out into the doorways so that the Skakdi would be able to see him and the vahki.

"Drop your weapons, and come out with your hands up!" he commanded. "This way will be easier for everybody." The final part to his illusion was to change the appearance of his mask to that of a great ruru, and to eliminate the glow that signaled its use. If he had walked in there with a glowing mahiki, he would never have fooled even the densest hunter.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Pretty much. Vezok needs to see the powers in action before he can copy them, so copying the powers of Toa he can't see and haven't yet started using their powers doesn't fly. Also, he can only copy the powers of beings. Technically, kanohi powers come from objects, so he can't copy those either.

ppg2.png

This is what BioSector says on his powers:

He also had the ability to absorb the powers of any creature in close proximity, store them, and then used them himself later on

I interpreted this as being able to copy any powers near him, regardless of sight.

Also, about him being able to see through illusions, that worked like this: He absorbed the powers of those around him. Then, he saw he had absorbed the powers of no Vahki. Therefor, those Vahki could not have been real.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Requoting myself:

Vezok needs to see the powers in action before he can copy them, so copying the powers of Toa he can't see and haven't yet started using their powers doesn't fly. Also, he can only copy the powers of beings. Technically, kanohi powers come from objects, so he can't copy those either.

ppg2.png

Neither does the approved profile say he can use the ability to detect hidden beings by their powers. The power is emulation, not a mask of truth. Just assume it works like the mask of emulation. This is a GM decision. It is true that BS01 (an, for that matter, the profile) isn't too specific, but I thought (when I approved the profile) that the intent was clear enough.

Sorry I wasn't clearer earlier, but form now on, this is going to be how it works.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

"Fire" he commanded the imaginary vahki, and the Toa hidden beneath. A hail of what looked like stun bolts (really just flashes of light) sprayed towards the hunters. It would be possible to avoid them, but doing so would divide the pair, and put them in easy positions for Helios and Zorvon to attack.

Yeah, slight mishap there. That should read Helios and Iralia, not Zorvon

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The Vahki blasted at him with energy, and Vezok ducked down. He tried to copy the power, but could not.

Vahki, as robots, don't really come under the category of "nearby beings" that Vezok can draw powers from. Since they're entirely mechanical, it would be like copying the powers of a weapon, which he can't do.

Also, and this is addressed to everybody, I am going on holiday, effective immediately. This doesn't mean I'm leaving this game to die from GM absence, but there's no wifi in the bush, and I'll be quite keen to keep going after new years. In my absence, Falcon Lord is promoted from Game Staff to Interim GM. I figure that things usually slow down a bit this time of year anyway as people go away and celebrate christmas, but if you really need to keep character rolling, he's the one to go to.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to you all. :xmas:

ppg2.png

The Vahki blasted at him with energy, and Vezok ducked down. He tried to copy the power, but could not.

Vahki, as robots, don't really come under the category of "nearby beings" that Vezok can draw powers from. Since they're entirely mechanical, it would be like copying the powers of a weapon, which he can't do.

I assumed that because Toa are 85% mechanical, Vahki would be similar enough to copy powers, but obviously not. I'll go change it.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Vezok

The Skakdi reached out with his mind, listening to the thoughts of the three Toa whose minds he could read. He sensed one approaching him, coming closer.

.:Oh no, you're not going to escape that easily:.

.:Sadly, I am not. Our escape shall take considerably more effort:.

Vezok then unleashed a mental barrage at the Toa, pushing the full amount of his strength into the attack. This attack was meant to completely debilitate the Toa.

Ummm, what does "debilitate" mean?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone.

I'm (probably) not going to re-enter this game in the current contest, so that gives us roughly four weeks to bring things to a head and give it a decent ending. (If that ending is totally amazing, I may yet change my mind about a sequel, but...) Anyway, I don't think 4 weeks is going to be enough to do that from where we are now. The game has stayed active the whole time, which I'm really pleased about, but I guess there was more to this story than I thought. Poor planning, really. So, I would like to propose a little timeskip to get us up to the climax.

During this, the Toa would collect the Le-Metru and Ko-Metru disks, and the Dark Hunters pick up their trail again in Ko, and be close behind. The fight in Ko-Metru with the Piraka and Co. could keep going as it is.

Thoughts? Would the rest of you like to have a timeskip and what else could we have happen during it?

ppg2.png

I like this idea, especially the part about how the last remaining disks will be in the most hostile territories. As for what else could happen, I suggest that during the timeskip Nidhiki bites it, as in, he's killed.

Why? Well, I thought that with the revelation that even the sneakiest of them isn't safe, it'll make the Great Disk team feel pressed for time, and the Dark Hunters growing more bold, this could potentially give us some really nice opportunities for a grand climax after all.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

Vorsch hummed slightly as he walked towards Dume's office, they had much to talk about. The Dark Hunters had been growing bolder in Ko-Wahi and something had to be done. He opened the door and stepped inside, he was met with a horrific scene; Dume, lying dead, his mask smashed on the table.

Vorsch utilized his Akaku to check the room, seeing no one, he established a mental link with Lhikan,

"Lhikan, Dume is dead!"

Yeah, no.

Lhikan is off on a stricly covert mission in enemy territory, and at this moment he's hiding in a janitor's closet. This doesn't fly as far as I'm concerned.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...