Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

City of Legends

City of Legends Gameplay Topic

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
301 replies to this topic

#241 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2014 - 03:48 PM

IC:

Vorsch hummed slightly as he walked towards Dume's office, they had much to talk about. The Dark Hunters had been growing bolder in Ko-Metru and something had to be done. He opened the door and stepped inside, he was met with a horrific scene; Dume, lying dead, his mask smashed on the table.

Vorsch utilized his Akaku to check the room, seeing no one, he quickly used his psionic powers to send a message to all nearby Toa,

 

"All available Toa, report to the coliseum." 


Edited by Falcon Lord, Jan 21 2014 - 04:31 PM.

  • 0

#242 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2014 - 07:15 PM

IC: Galoli (Coliseum)

"What if we're already there?"

As Vorsch sent his message the Toa of Water paused in her work in the hospital, quickly sending a message back along the same mental venue that had just been opened.

"What's the problem?"

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#243 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2014 - 08:04 PM

IC:

"Ah, Galoli. Good to see you're here. You need to get to Dume's office as soon as possible, he's dead."

  • 0

#244 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2014 - 04:05 PM

IC: Crewo (Archives)

 

Crewo slithered out of the vents, looking at the door that'd just been closed before him. His brows furrowed as he examined it. If he remembered correctly it led to one of the containment cells, used by the archivists to contain some of the more "volatile" specimens.

 

Spinner was standing a little ways off, further down the corridor. Crewo felt compelled to question the mutated Toa's skills as a guard, but decided against it. At the moment the numbers were on the Toa's side, and Spinner was not Crewo's first choice to start a fight with, to be perfectly blunt he'd rather go another round with Gladiator.

 

So instead he let the Toa of Poison Gas be as he shattered again, slipping into another air duct leading to the room he'd seen some just enter.


Edited by Dr. O, Jan 27 2014 - 06:11 PM.

  • 0

#245 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2014 - 08:25 PM

IC: Galoli (Coliseum)

"WHAT!" The Toa of Water yelled, both mentally and vocally, drawing many strange looks as she literally dropped what she was doing and ran towards the stairs.

"You're NOT kidding, yes? Correct? Dume is dead? Really?!"

Even as she sprinted up the stairs Galoli began to slightly panic, eyes wide and breathing getting a little heavier. It's been a while since she's poured out her emotions, so that would likely account for it..

"Put me on full broadcast. I need to say something."

Without waiting for an answer, she mentally yelled out, hoping to grab the attention of a certain Toa of Air she knew more than most.

"NIDIHKI!"

 

 

IC: Avak (Closet, Tunnel)

Suddenly, it happened. His jack hammer broke through, and he grinned his Skakdi grin, shouting back to his partner.

"VEZOK! WE'VE GOT OUR WAY OUT!"

Not delaying, Avak made the exit a little wider and then, without another glance back, sprinted out of the hole towards Onu-Metru.

Hey, if Vezok wanted to fight at least 2 Toa and some Vahki, he could do so.

 

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#246 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:38 AM

IC:

"Look, Galoli, have you ever known me to kid?"

He then put her on full broadcast as she asked.

  • 0

#247 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 02:55 PM

GM IC: Dume's office was a wreck. Though gravity had returned to normal when Hatann left, the reversal had thrown objects all over the room, and many out the shattered window. The turaga's body had gone too, landing somewhere in the streets below. Two of the larger fragments of his masks, however, snagged on his reading lamp. They now hung there, staring emptily around the ruined office. They were all that remained of Metru Nui's former leader.

 

The seven guards who had stood watch over Dume had gone too, having dropped out along with Dume's body. Without them, all was silent save for Vorsch's movements and a sporadic banging from outside.

"You didn't have to shout" Nidhiki complained as he swung his scythe over the lip of the room and clambered over the broken glass of the window. "You almost made me lose my grip on the wall. Then who would you have to let you know what happened?"

 

GM IC: from in the air vent, Crewo would see the Toa in urgent council. They were crouched in a tight huddle around Tehutti, ignoring the stasis-tubed rahi all around them.

"You're sure of it then?" Turano asked. "That thing saw us?"

"I'd bet our lives on it" Skald responded grimly, looking up to search again with his akaku. "Which may not be much. It's a cloud of something, and it's headed this way through the air vent"

"Alright then" Lhiakn said, finally making the decision he had hoped to avoid. "Stealth has failed. They know we're here, and may soon alert more. We'll have to fight our way out, and hope we can knock them all unconscious before they can spread the alarm. From here on out, we're on a timer. Let's GO!"

Standing up, he raised one of his greatswords and, in one swift motion, sliced through the air vent where Zorvon and Skald had seen the crystal cloud. He sent a wave of fire back along it, rushing up to meet the intruder.

Meanwhile, Turano turned his attention to the door, and blew the metal back off its hinges. Along with the other Toa, he exploded out into the tunnel and hurled the heavy chunk of metal at Spinner.

 

OOC: Apologies for some bunnying of characters there, but since we have a little over a week left, I thought it best to move thigns along towards an ending.


Edited by The Lorax, Jan 28 2014 - 02:56 PM.

  • 0

#248 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 03:37 PM

IC: Galoli (Dume's Office)

The Toa of Water arrived just as Nidihki arrived on the scene and declined to answer, instead looking over the room, sadness in her eyes. Carefully, she creeps up to the window and gazes out, glancing down to the ground and around. At the sight of some color, way down on the ground, she grimaces. It's doubtful that those are the Hunters that did this..

Taking a breath, she reverted to her normal nursing habits and come close to the Le-Toa, looking him over for any wound with a critical eye. Even as she focuses on this her hands shake minutely and her breathing is unsteady.

Galoli, though she doesn't admit it, is shocked. 

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#249 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 03:57 PM

OOC: I have no problem with bunnying as long it forwards the plot :P

IC (Skald):

"Let's go then!"

Skald burst out and blasted ice all over Spinner's feet and legs; effectively immobilizing him.

IC (Vorsch):

"Nidhiki, I hope you appreciate the gravity of this situation. What do you have to tell me?"

  • 0

#250 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 04:06 PM

OOC: Lariska post cause I forgot. :P

 

IC: Lariska (Archives)

Something different.

Sound.

Crashes.

A faint scent of smoke.

The Toa, or at the very least, Lhikan.

She's off instantly, following her senses. Full sprint, full stealth, passing blur of a shadow, Lariska hunts.

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#251 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2014 - 06:49 PM

GM IC: Galoli soon saw that Nidhiki bore no obvious wounds. He had been thrown out of the room along with Dume, his guards and the hunters, but he was the only one who was close enough to the outer wall of the coliseum to grab on and avoid falling all the way to the ground below. Climbing back up had tired him a little, but otherwise he was in good physical shape.

 

"Actually, I'm not too fond of gravity today" Nidhiki replied. "It was a Skakdi of gravity, you see, that threw me out that window, along with everyone else. I was the only one who managed to get a hold of the wall, then climb back up. Don't ask me how they got in. Dume had sent us all out to work alone, but we were all there outside the door, and everything should have been secure. Akaku, elda and rode, all working - " he tore the last mask off his face and threw it to the floor, where it shattered just like Dume's kiril " - working FINE! And then suddenly they were there, the two of them, Dume was dead on the floor, everything went black and we were sucked out into space. There, that's what happened! I hope you're happy, because, because..." The Toa of air crumpled to the floor, his anger having burned out and left only ashes in its place. "...Because I'm not" he murmured.


  • 0

#252 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 02:45 AM

IC: Crewo and Zorvon (Archives)

 

Crewo reacted with all the precision his warrior's nature demanded of him, morphing his claw into a shield to protect himself from Lhikan's blow, before immediately afterward shattering again, quickly slithering away and reforming on the floor of the room. The other Toa had taken to attacking Spinner, leaving him to face Lhikan.

 

His claw returned to its titular form, the machinery hissing as he shifted into a battle stance, awaiting Lhikan's next move...

 

Zorvon followed Skald's lead, and aimed for Spinner's hands with a few freeze disks of his own. Turano was charging straight at the Dark Hunter, while Skald was hanging back while using his elemental powers.

 

Zorvon decided to linger in between, even as he switched to his Calix again in preparation.


  • 0

#253 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 03:33 PM

GM IC (Spinner): Being attacked by three Toa at once, there was little Spinner could do. After his legs were frozen, he only had time to fire back one rhotuka before being hit with the vault door and the most powerful freeze disk ever made - the great disk of Ko-Metru. Immediately, that whole end of the tunnel was filled with a wall of ice two bio thick. Both Spinner and the door could still be seen inside, a look of surprise still in his frozen eyes.

 

IC (Karorahk): From the level above, Karorahk heard the noise of the fight below, and assumed that this was the signal that one of the other hunters had found something. Pointing its staffs downwards, Karorahk started firing kinetic bursts from their tips until the floor gave way underneath it. It fell through and landed below with a great crash and a cloud of dust. When it cleared a little, Karoarhk could see chaos all around as Toa engaged Dark Hunters. Crewo faced down Lhikan, Lariska was running full-speed towards them, Spinner was encased in thick ice and there was an Onu-Matoran, cautiously peering out from behind a broken doorframe. And then behind the doorframe, a collection of stasis pods containing large insects. Perfect.

 

In a burst of broken glass, the pods ruptured and the creatures inside came to life. A chute spider reached out and grabbed Tehutti from behind, locking him into a tight embrace, while a metru mantis skittered past them and out into the corridor. The eight-foot insect charged towards Skald, clicking its mandibles furiously and brandishing its bladed front legs. At the same time, Karorahk lifted its second staff, the staff of fear. It directed it at the Toa of ice, and shot out a wave of terror.

 

GM IC (Lhikan): The being that formed in front of him was dark and sleek as oil, quite a contrast to the sharp shards of crystal that he seemed to be built from. Lhikan was unfamiliar with any such species, and wondered what other contradictions might be contained within this hunter. He pushed the thoughts from his mind - this was a Dark Hunter, and one who stood between him and the safety of Metru Nui. As difficult as it was, he couldn't afford to care about his opponent as a person.

 

Swinging his greatswords overhead, Lhikan caused them to burst into flames, which quickly burned down to a white-hot glow at the blades' edges. He maintained a steady flow of heat into the weapons, and felt the temperature around him rise. He drew strength from that; it was good to be surrounded by his element. And then he was moving. He closed the gap between himself and the hunter in three swift strides and attacked, bringing one sword down towards Crewo's head while the other cut an arc towards his ribs on the other side.


  • 0

#254 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 03:59 PM

IC: Galoli (Dume's Office)

Nidihki wasn't hurt, not physically at the least. Mentally.. that's debatable.

Even as the Le-Toa collapses to the floor she kneels down, embracing him and providing comfort in both presence and words.

"It's not your fault, Brother.. Clearly we are dealing with the results of an operation that I wouldn't be surprised had hand-picked Hunters to fulfill a devious, long thought-through plan to accomplish one thing...

..I fear we're becoming too predictable, Brother."

She closes her eyes momentarily, increasing the pressure of her embrace as she takes comfort even while giving it.

 

IC: Lariska (Archives)

4 Toa. Ice, Iron?, Plasma, and Fire.

Lhikan.

It seems Crewo had gotten to the Ta-Toa first, or perhaps it was the other way around, but it didn't matter. What mattered most right now was capturing Lhikan, dead or alive. She'd let Crewo have his 'honorable battle'. As long as it didn't lead to her target getting away, she had no problem. The current problem was the other Toa, who had already incased Spinner in ice. Possibility: Release Spinner for more help.

But also, the number of Rahi that had been released would certainly draw any intelligent Hunter to their location, and quickly.

She allows herself a smirk, for just a second. How Lhikan planned on getting out of this, she didn't know.

Not that it would matter.

Karorahk was taking care of the Ice Toa, so that left Iron and Plasma... better to go for Iron. Lariska's gotten singed hands from holding a Plasma Toa in a chokehold before.

First throwing a poisoned knife at the Plasma one, she springs forward, using the chute spider as a launch pad. Ducking into a roll, the Korumine slips behind Turano and stands, grabbing for his neck.

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#255 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 04:53 PM

IC (Turano): Being the closest to Spinner at the blocked end of the tunnels, and so the furthest from Larisks's entrance, turano had the chance to at least see the Korumine coming and turn to face her. Much more than that though... Mata Nui, she was quick! In the time he did have though, Turano brought to mind the rahi power he needed and triggered his mask.

 

With the power of the lava rat burning in him, Turano's body and weapons were covered in flames. They did not consume him, but wavered and danced all over him like a flickering cloak of fire. In time with the explosion of heat, Turano turned and shoved his burning shield at Lariska, wanting to pin her between his fire and the wall of ice.


  • 0

#256 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 05:56 PM

IC: Lariska (Archives, Fight)

To say that the move had been unexpected was accurate.

To say that Lariska inwardly cursed underestimating this Toa was also.

'Sneaky one, isn't he? Kadin-shaped Faxon, quite deceiving. Would bet he even knows how to emulate a Kadin with that thing too.'

The Korumine leapt backwards best she could, still receiving pain and warmth on the palm of her hand for her move. Not giving Turano a minute to think, she instantly throws another throwing knife directly at him, though this one holds no poison, and leaps forward, large hunting knife held comfortably in her other hand.  

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#257 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 06:00 PM

IC: Crewo and Zorvon (Archives)

 

Zorvon's enhanced physical coordination allowed him to knock away the knife with his sword. He saw that Turano seemed to have the Korumine well in hand at the moment, and Lhikan was dealing with the black-armored one, that left the Rahkhsi-like being that had Skald paralyzed in fear.

 

Zorvon charged up and threw a ball of plasma at the strange creature, hoping it would surprise it long enough for him to get close. He tightened his grip on his sword as he ran forward towards Karorahk

 

Crewo reacted swiftly, reaching out and blocking the sideways blow with his claw by grabbing the sword, then he quickly continued by putting his massive strength behind a strong push.


  • 0

#258 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 06:48 PM

GM IC (Lhikan): Like a hot sword through... well not quite butter, but Crewo's shoving his claw even harder against the white-hot edge of Lhikan's blade gave it the extra force it needed to melt right through. One of the three prongs of Crewo's earth claw fell to the ground with a clang, the severed edge still glowing with heat. The sudden give where the two fighters had been pushing against each other upset Lhikan's balance momentarily, causing his second, overhead blow to miss Crewo.

Nevertheless, the exchange had been successful. He lined up another strong blow, this time aiming to slice across the hunter's chest.

 

IC (Turano): Turano was way too close to Lariska to dodge her knife, but with his shield up anyway, he was able to catch her blade. It stuck there, quivering slightly. Then Lariska was on him again. There was no time for coherent thought, just action and reaction. Using his elemental power, he extracted the metal knife from the shield and sent it shooting back the way it had come.


  • 0

#259 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 06:57 PM

OOC: Don't forget Zorvon and Karorahk

 

IC: Crewo (Archives)

 

Even as metal hissed where one of the prongs had been sliced off, Crewo did not hesitate. The claw retracted into the body of the arm, quickly replaced with a jackhammer piece.

 

Crewo triggered the tool, and swung his arm into a jackhammer punch against Lhikan's blade.


  • 0

#260 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 07:11 PM

IC: Lariska (Archives, Fighting)

There were two things that allowed the Korumine to dodge her own knife, sent back at her.

One, she knew this was a Toa of Iron, and had been expecting just that to happen.

Two, she was agile.

With a simple movement of her arm the hunting knife deflected the throwing one, which clattered off to the side. Not slowing in the least, she darts left then suddenly right, diving downwards, aiming to drive the knife into Turano's leg.

Whether or not she succeeds, Lariska rolls sideways, away from the Toa, to rise to her feet once more.

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#261 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 08:29 PM

OOC: I've not forgotten them, I'm just waiting for Falcon Lord to tell us what has happened with Skald in the meantime.

 

IC (Turano): Turano was quicker this time, and was pushing back on the knife before it reached its destination. The blade got close, but the metal refused to touch his thigh, springing away again like it had been repelled by a magnet.

 

Lariska rolled to her feet a coulpe of bio away, and the two stood facing each other, only not Turano was the one with his back to Spinner's ice prison. He had survived her initial onslaught, and that was an achievement. He might win this fight later, but for now he was just doing his best to stay alive. "Right then" he panted, raising his weapons a little higher. "What else have you got?"

 

IC (Lhikan): That thing had a jackhammer?!? Lhikan did not see that one coming. He thought he had disabled the tool. Swift as the blow was, it knocked the sword from his hand, and it skidded away across the floor, quickly losing the glow of heat along its edge. Lhikan backed up quickly, activating his hau for defense.


  • 0

#262 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2014 - 08:36 PM

IC: Crewo (Archives)

 

Instead of attacking Lhikan directly, Crewo let the jackhammer loose at the ground before them, sending vibrations through the floor that hopefully would disrupt Lhikan's balance or concentration.


  • 0

#263 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 06:16 AM

OOC: Sorry all for my unexplained absence. Real life got in the way.

IC:

Skald didn't like being scared. It made him angry. Still nearly paralyzed with intense fear, he leaped forward with all the might he could muster, attacking Karorahk.

  • 0

#264 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 07:43 AM

IC: Lariska (Archives, Fight) 

This Toa was a strong one, the Korumine gave him that. His mask had still nearly given her burnt hands, exactly what she had attempted to avoid with the Plasma Toa, and he hadn't died yet. 

Iron, iron, surely she had a knife for this..

Staring him down, Lariska searched her mind for the knives she had on her, which ones she didn't have, and most importantly, which ones weren't metal.

That wasn't a lot.

All she had was an obsidian throat-slitter, made especially for a time when a Turaga of Magnetism was paranoid enough to have a constant metal-repelling field. 

But, perhaps.. 

Lariska resorted to something she hadn't used yet in Metru Nui: her smoke bombs. Quick as a flash, she did two things: 

First, she threw a smoke bomb onto the floor, activating it, and second, she kicked the shell of the bomb over to her right while moving off to her left.

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#265 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 03:41 PM

GM IC (Lhikan): Lhikan maintained his hau shield and kept a wary eye on the hunter as he jackhammered into the floor, creating a large patch of broken stone and twisted metal between the two. It would make for tricky footing when they again crossed blades, something he would have to be careful of. For the moment, he remained still, slightly raised up onto the balls of his feet and watching for the hunter's next move. It wouldn't be too long, he was sure. If he kept on breaking up the floor, he would break through to the next sub-level and provide the Toa with a possible escape route.

 

IC (Karorahk): Blocking Skald's way to Karorahk was the eight-foot mantis it had released earlier, and set upon the Toa of ice along with its fear. When Skald charged, the creature did likewise, stabbing and slashing with its bladed front legs. The fear remained also, as a constant tug at Skald's mind. This is futile it whispered. You're alone and surrounded by hundreds of Dark Hunters. You cannot escape. You will die, and it will be in vain.

 

With Karorahk so absorbed in fighting Skald, it never saw Zorvon's plasma ball until it was too late. It melted the metal plates of its left knee, fusing them together and locking the limb straight. The Toa might have noticed there was no smell of burning flesh to accompany the injury. Like the rahkshi it was made from, Karorahk was composed of unfeeling metal.

 

IC (Turano): Lariska disappeared in a cloud of thick, black smoke., and suddenly, he was blind. He thought he might have seen some movement to his right, away from the source of the haze, but it was hard to tell with so much else going on in the battle. KNowing that the strike could come at any time, he racked his brains for a way out, a rahi he could copy, anything to keep from getting a knife in his heart.


  • 0

#266 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2014 - 06:24 PM

IC: Crewo, Zorvon and Spellbinder (Archives)

 

Below Lhikan, in the dimly lit sub-level, stood a spindly figure with a wicked grin tearing across her mask. She had detected the many minds at battle, brought to her attention by Spinner's sudden moment of alarm before he was frozen.

 

Four Toa, three Hunters, that wasn't fair, now was it?

 

Small trickles of dust drizzled from the ceiling, one such streamer sputtering against the mad Ce-Toa's open, outstretched palm. She examined the fallout, quickly realizing the cause, the floor was losing its structural integrity thanks to Crewo's work, whatever it now was he was doing. In any case it threatened to drop Lhikan right in her lap, something she absolutely could work with.

 

Rather than wait for Crewo to go far enough, Spellbinder unleashed her powers with a mad cackle, mentally gripping around the roof's main support beam and tearing it clean from the concrete...

 

the floor gave way above her, and she threw up a psionic shield around herself for protection until the dust settled.

 

Crewo was completely taken by surprise when the floor gave way, he hadn't intended to go this far, but the sudden, ghastly howl of mad, sadistic joy that rung in his ears answered his question before it was asked.

 

But even then, the sudden surprise and quick drop made any immediate reaction impossible, even for him.

 

Crewo disappeared in the rubble.

 

Zorvon refrained from charging forward when he saw the results of his attack. He charged his sword to superheat, holding it before him ready to defend against any surprise movements while he switched back to his Akaku. A quick look confirmed that the creature was more or less all machine.

 

In that case, more heat was his best option.

 

Taking advantage of Karorahk's injured leg, Zorvon charged at the Mutant Rahkshi from his bad side, swinging his white hot sword at its head.


Edited by Dr. O, Feb 01 2014 - 09:49 PM.

  • 0

#267 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 03:19 AM

GM IC (Lhikan): Taken by surprise, Lhikan fell completely through the floor and landed at Spellbinder's feet, landing badly on one leg as he did so. Surprised as he was, hau shield flickered out of existence. The floor should not have given way that early, not from Crewo's jackhammering alone.

 

IC (Karorahk): "Stop!" the fusion bellowed in its ringing, metallic voice. "Look!" Gesturing behind itself, it moved awkwardly aside to show the two Toa what was there. The silver chute spider that had grabbed Tehutti earlier still had the Matoran in its grip, only now his disk launcher lay out of reach and the arachnid was on top of him, it mandibles poised at his throat. Tehutti was shaking with fear, though Karorahk wasn't using his power. It was genuine terror of death in his eyes.

"Stand down, or the Matoran dies" he commanded. "We only want Lhikan".


  • 0

#268 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 07:45 AM

IC:

Skald warily backed away, the fear still in the corner of his mind,

"We won't let you have him."

Edited by Falcon Lord, Feb 02 2014 - 02:55 PM.

  • 0

#269 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 02:55 PM

IC: Lariska (Archives Fight)

The Korumine was slightly debating on what to do when she heard Karorahk speak, and then she decided. Time for some extra bargaining power.

Listening for a second to locate the Toa, she began.

Slipping forwards with the obsidian knife, Lariska attacked. One clawed hand dug into a pressure point on Turano's wrist as to force him to drop his weapon, while the Korumine's arm pulled him backwards as to allow the knife to meet his neck. Lariska spoke. 

"Drop your shield, Toa, and don't even try a fish-escape. If I get startled and move back, you are dead. Now, let's go talk, shall we?"

 

OOC: Edited for different word choice to express what I wanted without the word filter bumping in. :P

Zakaro


Edited by ZakarOh!, Feb 02 2014 - 02:56 PM.

  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#270 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 02:57 PM

IC:

"We will bargain then, let Turano go."

Skald looked at Lariska, his eyes narrowed, he placed his weapons upon the ground.

  • 0

#271 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 03:26 PM

OOC: Given the circumstances, I don't even mind auto-hitting Turano. This is juicy!

 

IC (Karorahk): "No" Karorahk answered simply. "You have no power to bargain. We have two hostages, you have none. You don't even have Lhikan anymore. We should just kill you and go after him."

 

IC (Turano): Turano stood stock-still, waiting to see what happened next. It would take a minor miracle or some very smooth talking to get him out of this one, and he could do neither, so he kept silent. It occurred to him that he might use the fader bull's ability to teleport away from danger, but it was a risky move. The bulls apparently couldn't control where they went, and often killed themselves by appearing inside other objects. Failing that, he might end up lost in the endless maze of the archives. Maybe there was a chance he could help his brothers somehow by staying here. He clung on to that hope, and refused to drop his weapons, despite the pain of Lariska's claws in his wrists.


  • 0

#272 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 06:01 PM

IC:

"Fine then. What do you want from me? Other than my death, that is."

Skald resisted the urge to attack Karorahk then and there, that would have to wait. Once he got his brothers free on, thing would change.

  • 0

#273 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 06:21 PM

IC: Vezok

The Skakdi went through the tunnel, and then grabbed several boxes telekinetically to jam up the entrance. He then began running down the tunnel, following Avak.


  • 0

I used to have a banner here.

 

But that RPG is dead.

 

What now?


#274 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2014 - 07:34 PM

IC: Spellbinder and Zorvon (Archives)

 

It didn't take two seconds for Lhikan to feel invisible bonds of energy snake around his arms and legs. The Toa was caught in a death grip as he was rotated around to come face to face with Spellbinder.

 

"So glad you could join us, Lhikan" her voice rang in his head, even as a telekinetic prod nudged at the corner of his mask, prepared to rip it off. Sickening yellow and lime green eyes met, the former pair blinking as if zoning in and out.

 

Zorvon reluctantly lowered his sword and took a step back. He considered his options, to save Tehutti's life he would have to either play along or stop the Chute Spider before it killed Tehutti.

 

The first didn't appeal to him, and the second was very risky...

 

He sighed as he dropped his sword, letting it clutter to the floor.

 

IC: Helios (Knowledge Towers)

 

With the Skakdi leaving the scene, the omnipotent cage around Helios vanished into thin air. The Toa of Gravity staggered away from the spot with every shred of his former dignity torn clean off his figure.

 

"Dekuna, Riaril?" he called "is anyone else alright?"


  • 0

#275 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2014 - 01:04 AM

GM IC (Lhikan): It was a toa then, that stood over him. A toa gone bad, one who might have had a great destiny as a hero, but one who abandoned it for selfish gain, going far enough even to join the Dark Hunters. Lhikan's view of creatures like this one went beyond pity for a person who gave up on greatness and into disdain and loathing for one who had abandoned their duty.

 

She was dark blue and...was the orange? His eyes were still a little fuzzy from the cloud of dust his fall had made, and he didn't recognise her mask either. It was an odd shape, with a jagged mouth and sharply angled eye-holes. Maybe a customised Matatu, he realised too late as she tugged away his hau. Without a mask, his strength drained away, only to be replaced a moment later as he summoned his suletu. He would have to strike fast and hard to win back the advantage here. This traitor of a toa had him bound, unmasked, injured and without one of his greatswords. Even as the second mask appeared on his face, he opened up a mental channel between them and threw its power up at her, bringing his impressive force of will to bear and filling her mind with a thousand thoughts, mostly describing exactly what he thought of her kind. He needed to break her concentration, to escape her bonds, to regain his mask and send this hunter the way of many others he had fought during this war.


  • 0

#276 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2014 - 01:30 AM

IC: Spellbinder (Archives)

 

There was only one problem with Lhikan's approach, his method of attack was in every way a mental intrusion; an invasive wave of chaotic imagery and emotions that did break Spellbinder's concentration... for about five seconds.

 

The mental barriers natural to her kind kicked in, protecting her mind from the rest of the assault. Lhikan might've been able to subdue a Ce-Matoran, and maybe even a Turaga of Psionics, but only a mind of her caliber could ever have fully utilized the potential of the Suletu.

 

But as harmless as it ultimately was, it certainly succeeded in angering Spellbinder.

 

She hissed as she acted to tear off the Suletu as well.


  • 0

#277 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2014 - 02:44 AM

GM IC (Lhikan): Five seconds was all Lhikan needed. At the speed of thought, it was a long time. He knew her element now, and was for a moment, free of her bonds. That was small progress, but it was hugely better than now he had been only moments before. Snatching up his hau from the floor, he placed the mask on his face, feeling its familiar presence, the link to its power in the back of his mind. The power blossomed, forming itself into a shield around him and swatting back the tendrils of invisible force that tried to tear it free. Here he was now, on his own two feet, sword in hand, mask activated and elemental power building. Five seconds was all the commander of the Mangai Nui needed to recover from the trap and summon flames to light the darkness. Their roar drowned out Spellbinder's hiss and they formed into a burning wall and rushed down the tunnel towards her.

 

IC (Dekuna): There was no answer from the Toa of sonics when Helios called out. he was still out cold from the blows Ancient had dealt him.


Edited by The Lorax, Feb 03 2014 - 02:46 AM.

  • 0

#278 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2014 - 04:17 PM

OOC: Yeaah, I wasn't sure about that move. :P I was debating about whether to word it differently or not, but I was a little tired and so just plain posted it. 

Also, while I'm OOC here, hey Falcon, you gonna put up a Vorsch reply? Just wondering, cause I think Lorax is waiting on it. :P

 

IC: Lariska (Archives)

Hm.. What to do. The Hunters had the upper hand, but this Iron one refuses to drop his weapons and she had no effective way to capture him so that she could go get Lhikan, who from the sounds of fighting was still very alive and kicking. Finally, she spoke.

"What do we want from you? Your death, surrender, mask, perhaps weapons.. Really though, all we want from you, for now, if to get out of our way so we can get to Lhikan. Whether that means stepping over your dead bodies or letting you run like cowards doesn't matter, all we need is Lhikan. It's simple now, you have a choice. Pick up your weapons, watch your friends die and then you yourself, or run and leave them to their fate."

Her eyes glint as she speaks, grip on Turano's wrist increasing, one claw piercing the skin to allow blood to begin to seep out.

"Are you foolishly courageous or fearfully traitorous, Toa?"

Zakaro


Edited by ZakarOh!, Feb 03 2014 - 04:17 PM.

  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#279 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2014 - 05:06 PM

OOC: To avoid double-posting in the discussion topic, I'll put this here. I will be going bush this weekend. There will be no internet access. As much as I love RPing with you guys and though this game is important, you don't quite stack up next to my real life friends and the fun of camping. Sorry about that. The upshot of this is that the deadline for us to wrap up this game is Friday night, NZT. It's been wonderful, and I expect this to end with a bang. Thankyou all for playing and sticking with City of Legends until the end.

 

IC (Turano): Blood dribbled out of his wrist, coating the tips of Lariska's claws with red. She made the choice ridiculously simple, and by looking at his fellow Toa and the trembling Matoran, he knew the decision he had to make. He had known that this might happen one day, even before he came to the City of Legends. For this reason he had placed some of his power into stones and entrusted them to the Turaga of his village. To serve his duty to his people, his Great Spirit and his brother and sister Toa, he had risked his life many times. This was one more roll of the dice. The odds were not in his favour, but he couldn't help but try. To do otherwise was to give up on what he stood for. He answered the Korumine's question with a saying he had first heard from Jovan's team, when asked about the hardships they had faced on their search before arriving at his village, and one he had passes on to a Maotran who had asked his motives for defending a city that was not his own.

"Mata Nui loves ever-brave fools" he said. "That's why he made so many of us. But I love my friends and my home. So that they might have life, I do this".

 

The Toa sprang to life, rushing forwards as his power burst outwards, throwing every bit of metal away from him. Lariska's hand shredded his wrist as he pulled away, the flow of blood increasing from a soft trickle to a stream as his sword fell to the ground. At his neck, her strong fingers fought against his repulsion, and her obsidian knife carved a long path between his neck and shoulder before it was wrenched away, though it narrowly missed slitting his throat. Crying out in pain, he lurched forwards, his mask glowing with power as he struggled to keep his focus. Desperate to act in time, he hurled out the power of the lightning bug at the spider that held Tehutti. The arc's aim was true and it struck the rahi with a clap of thunder. It rolled off of Tehutti with its legs curled up in the air, stone dead.

 

The Matoran didn't move. Only his colour changed as a red stain spread outwards over his chest and face, while his mask grew pale. Karorahk had been true to his word, and at the first sign of movement, the spider had bitten out the archivist's throat. His heartlight flashed twice more and went dark.


  • 0

#280 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2014 - 05:23 PM

IC: Spellbinder, Crewo and Zorvon (Archives)

 

Spellbinder threw up another shield of psionic force to protect herself against Lhikan's assault, her power faltering, but not failing, under the massive assault.

 

Even as the now-charred concrete began to fume, Spellbinder threw in a bit of illusion into the mix to project an image of her lying sprawled out on the floor defeated and with armor scorched and ruined... even as Crewo finally forced himself out of the rubble behind Lhikan.

 

He too saw Spellbinder lying there defeated, for Crewo was known not to be a big fan of deceiving his foes, and so Spellbinder had decided to trick him as well, therefore giving him incentive to act and grab Lhikan's attention so that she could make a sneak attack.

 

Crewo was about to call out to Lhikan when something caught his eye... Lhikan's other Greatsword, wedged in the stone right next to him...

 

His Earth Claw adopted its shield mode once again, the machinery's hiss doubtlessly alerting Lhikan to his presence even as he grabbed the blade and yanked it out of the stone, his muscular build easily able to handle the weight of the blade.

 

He turned to face Lhikan, raising the sword as a challenge to the Mangai of Fire.

 

Up top, Zorvon's eyes flashed with red fury as he saw Tehutti's life fade. With a guttural roar at the top of his lungs, the Su-Toa's body was enveloped in a fiery, orange glow, followed by Zorvon throwing himself at Karorahk with thousands of degrees warm heat flowing off of him in waves.


Edited by Dr. O, Feb 04 2014 - 06:30 AM.

  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users