Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you...

lariska.png

Lariska.

Compared to Helryx we know very little about her appearance, just the mechanical arm, and dark blue-green (not blue and green I assume, oops if it is, but oh well) armor. Going off of that, I seem to have created some sort of strange cat/reptile/shark/monkey thing. Still fairly normal compared to some of the Dark Hunters we do have canon images for.

• Upvote 2

Boom.

I like the reptilian appearance; it's a nice change after all of the generic Vortixx-esque depictions of Lariska I've seen. The mechanical arm is neat too, because it looks different than her other arm, but not really out of place at all. Overall, nice work as usual. :)but where's the giant eye for a head

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Your style is great as always, and "cat/reptile/shark/monkey thing" is by no means a bad design choice in my eyes. :P (Between this and Kakaru's recent MOC, it's nice to see people getting creative with the character.)I particularly like the balance you've struck between details like the patterning on her armor and the overall simpler, 'banding' look to the coloring.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I like the reptilian appearance; it's a nice change after all of the generic Vortixx-esque depictions of Lariska I've seen. The mechanical arm is neat too, because it looks different than her other arm, but not really out of place at all. Overall, nice work as usual. :)but where's the giant eye for a head

Thank you. Her head was partly based on that of a vortixx, but that's the extent of it. No high heels or suggestively shaped chest armor that doesn't even make any sense on a character who's supposed to be stealthy and agile.

Man, yet another fine work of yours. I love the kind of worn style that you do this in, also love the three-fingered hand!

Thank you.

Your style is great as always, and "cat/reptile/shark/monkey thing" is by no means a bad design choice in my eyes. :P (Between this and Kakaru's recent MOC, it's nice to see people getting creative with the character.)I particularly like the balance you've struck between details like the patterning on her armor and the overall simpler, 'banding' look to the coloring.

Thank you. I've considered putting similar markings on other Dark Hunters, kind of like gang tattoos or something of that nature. Or some sort of brand, considering a lot of them didn't exactly volunteer.

Edited by GarryTheSkrall

Boom.

That's boss. Just boss. She actually looks like a movie version of a Lego set, not just one or the other (both of which I have nothing against, just the first way is harder.) I mean seriously, they should make this the canon image! It's better than anything I could have come up with. I especially like how the arms look similar, because most people make the arm look more like an augmentation as opposed to a prosthetic. Very excellent work.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

Wow.. i never imagined Lariska with a Reptillian appearance.. to be honest i always imagined her with a Vortixx like appearance.. But this is a really nice.. um what is the term.. Representation of her?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Congrats at making the front page with this Garry! I really like it!

Thank you.

That's boss. Just boss. She actually looks like a movie version of a Lego set, not just one or the other (both of which I have nothing against, just the first way is harder.) I mean seriously, they should make this the canon image! It's better than anything I could have come up with. I especially like how the arms look similar, because most people make the arm look more like an augmentation as opposed to a prosthetic. Very excellent work.

Thank you. Upon retrospect, I feel like the arm should have been clunkier and more of an encumbrance, otherwise it's not much of a punishment, as she was already mostly mechanical.

It's not Roodaka

10/10

Never Roodaka.

Wow.. i never imagined Lariska with a Reptillian appearance.. to be honest i always imagined her with a Vortixx like appearance.. But this is a really nice.. um what is the term.. Representation of her?

I've always been curious as to why that interpretation is so popular. No offense, but it doesn't really make all that much sense, with the weird chest armor and high heels that aren't at all conducive to stealth or agility.

Boom.

Congrats at making the front page with this Garry! I really like it!

Thank you.

Thank you. Upon retrospect, I feel like the arm should have been clunkier and more of an encumbrance, otherwise it's not much of a punishment, as she was already mostly mechanical.

It's not Roodaka

10/10

Never Roodaka.

I've always been curious as to why that interpretation is so popular. No offense, but it doesn't really make all that much sense, with the weird chest armor and high heels that aren't at all conducive to stealth or agility.

I will be honest i do not know why i have that interpretation.. and yeah i have to agree about the heels and stuff though.. to be honest i guess i only imagined a head similar to roodaka's.. never really gave much thought to the body when imagining her

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I wish I could give an in-depth critique, but as it is, I know next to nothing about art. Thus, all I can offer is another stunned "Wow" at your consistently perfect visual interpretations of canon characters.

To be honest, this image is a little smaller and slimmer than I'd pictured Lariska -- I'd never visualized her as Vortixx-shaped, per se, but I generally imagined more Toa-like proportions. However, I've got to conclude that your interpretation makes far more sense and also looks cooler, so it wins out. :P Kudos again, and though I hate to say it, please keep up the good work! I love to see a fitting image for a character woefully missing any representation. :)

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Personally, I'm not too fond about the animalistic look of Lariska - especially the head and feet. I just never imagined her with reptile toes and the head of a wolf. The artwork itself is very well done though.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

+Fav.Oh wait, can't really do that here. Comment time!I really like the lean look you give to the characters you draw, and the simple yet effective shading that is so reminicent of BIONICLE's early years. Both the armor and the weapons look moderately yet functional, and Lariska herself looks like a species that could appear in the MU (being similar to Vortixx in some ways). My personal head-canon has her with a slightly less bestial head, but I could approve of this being an official design.One thing I might suggest is to have the shapes use just a tiny bit of anti-aliasing to smooth them out a bit, but the art quality is otherwise stellar.