• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Cuusoo Japanese Architecture

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 04:39 AM

Yet another Cuusoo project has gained 10,000 supporters. The long running Japanese old style architecture project recently reached the mark. It will now be in the Fall 2013 Review, where the LEGO Review Board will decide if they want to make it a Lego set or not. It's exciting to see an older project gain enough supports, and it makes me wonder which project will be the next to get to 10,000.

View the full article

#2 Offline Takuta-Nui

Takuta-Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Former Senior Staff

• 29-July 03
  • 14,255 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 01:43 PM

I bet the originators of this idea are feeling very proud and excited right now! Their concepts definitely would have some appeal. I remember some sets having a general Asian-style architecture, but they usually were swarming with ninjas and samurais. This would probably be more of a cultural focus, highlighting features of pre-modern Japanese lifestyles, and I'm in favour of that.

This makes me wonder if there is a LEGO Store in Japan - and after checking their official list, it seems not. Perhaps this will give the Retail operators ideas. =)

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

#3 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,084 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 01:47 PM

Oh wow, I remember seeing this a long, long time ago on Cuusoo. Good to see it hit its goal!I agree with Takuta that it'd be nice to have a set with Eastern aesthetics that didn't feel the need to be swimming in ninja or samurai. Hopefully it passes the review stage and gets the green light.

#4 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-April 07
  • 3,100 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 02:36 PM

I supported it last night when it was featured on Brickset news. I love any architecture set, and any set with good display quality, so this would be something I'd get.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#5 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 06:12 PM

This is an awesome project, and the models are lovely, but I'm a bit worried it might end up struggling in the review since the project was never narrowed down to a concept for a single product. I guess we'll see in a few months!

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 22-October 11
  • 1,167 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2013 - 08:25 AM

I remember supporting it way back when it only had around 2,000 supporters. :)

I'm glad to see that it made it!

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#7 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 08-July 03
  • 3,959 posts

Posted Nov 11 2013 - 11:14 AM

Now this is a project I can get behind. Even if CUUSOO (and architecture sets in general) are too expensive, the theme and concept for them is great, and the models for this project look very impressive. I really hope this one passes.

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#8 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 09-April 10
  • 5,617 posts

Posted Nov 11 2013 - 11:18 PM

These sets look beautiful. I've always liked sets based off of real life buildings, so I really hope this passes the review stage.

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users