Cuusoo Japanese Architecture

Yet another Cuusoo project has gained 10,000 supporters. The long running Japanese old style architecture project recently reached the mark. It will now be in the Fall 2013 Review, where the LEGO Review Board will decide if they want to make it a Lego set or not. It's exciting to see an older project gain enough supports, and it makes me wonder which project will be the next to get to 10,000.

View the full article

I bet the originators of this idea are feeling very proud and excited right now! Their concepts definitely would have some appeal. I remember some sets having a general Asian-style architecture, but they usually were swarming with ninjas and samurais. This would probably be more of a cultural focus, highlighting features of pre-modern Japanese lifestyles, and I'm in favour of that.

This makes me wonder if there is a LEGO Store in Japan - and after checking their official list, it seems not. Perhaps this will give the Retail operators ideas. =)

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

Oh wow, I remember seeing this a long, long time ago on Cuusoo. Good to see it hit its goal!I agree with Takuta that it'd be nice to have a set with Eastern aesthetics that didn't feel the need to be swimming in ninja or samurai. Hopefully it passes the review stage and gets the green light.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I supported it last night when it was featured on Brickset news. I love any architecture set, and any set with good display quality, so this would be something I'd get.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.