• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Greg Compendium

Greg Farshtey quotes archives GregF

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

#441 Offline John Smith

John Smith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 28-December 11
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2015 - 10:38 PM

Just for the sake of speculation, maybe the GBs could be the last survivors of a race that predates the Agori and Glatorian?

#442 Offline Archon~

Archon~
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 02-November 08
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2015 - 11:14 AM

I had a theory like that.^
There was an original species that eventually split into the Agori and Glatorian (Skrall later split from Glatorian but thats a tale for another day :P ), and what remained of the original special species became known as the Great Beings.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

#443 Offline maxim21

maxim21
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 18-February 12
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2015 - 10:47 AM

There has been an interesting question concerning A Thousand Years Untold 2 some days ago. The question have been cut when Greg replied but here's the original post with the question and here is the answer.

Also, another question. A couple years ago, there was an official S&T Contest called A Thousand Years Untold 2. It was the follow-up to a previos contest called A Thousand years untold, which users submitted short stories about Mata Nui, Metru Nui, and Voya Nui during the thousand years after the Great Cataclysm. The winners were canonized. THis contest deals with other islands which were not revealed at that point (eg. Mahri Nui, Stelt, Karda Nui). Should the winners of the second contest be considered canon, as the contest was intended? The contest description says that was the case.

Re: your last question. I do not recall ever seeing the stories from the second contest, and if I have not seen and approved them, then they can't be canonized.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

#444 Offline N.S.M.8

N.S.M.8
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-August 13
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2015 - 01:14 PM

Krahka does not copy Mask Powers ("to the best of [Greg's] knowledge")

keplers wrote:

If a Krahka copied the powers of a Mohtrek and one of the time duplicates were instantly destroyed – thus being terminated before it could be sent back to its original time – what would happen?

Krahka could duplicate a Toa wearing a Mohtrek and gain that Toa's elemental power. However, to the best of my knowledge, she does not gain the mask power too. So she would not be able to use a Mohtrek to do what you are suggesting.

Someone else just updated BS01 this morning, but I thought that I should put it here as well for people who don't check the wiki.

#445 Offline ALVIS

ALVIS
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 10-January 09
  • 2,486 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2015 - 10:23 AM

That was me. It seems to make sense; I guess she basically works like a Mask of Emulation.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-- Harlan Ellison

Short Stories:

LAST DESTINY, starring an Agori and a Turaga

DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal and Makuta Teridax
AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt
THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#446 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Steely Visionary

• 24-August 07
  • 356 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 10 2015 - 11:15 PM

It seems Av-Matoran aren't the most likely tribe to become Toa:

Greg post 1:

#1 it is said that av matoran have the highest chance to become toa, so can we assume that a LOT of them have toa energy?
#2 if this is true then Why does it appear that alot of them became bohrok?
#3 can the ignika turn bohrok back into matoran
#4 can the Ignika turn matoran who are not destined to become Toa into Toa

1) Said where, I can't find a reference to that.
3) I would say no.
4) No. If you are not destined to be a Toa, you do not have any energy in you that can be sparked by a Toa stone, and the Ignika cannot put that there.

Source

Reply and Greg quote 2:

Antroz said It in Shadows in the sky
There's a difference, though, between a character saying something and a narrator saying something. A character can be wrong, misinformed or lying. If Av-Matoran have a higher chance of becoming Toa, how is there only one Toa of Light in the whole universe, but multiple Toa of Fire, Water, etc.?

Source

I think this is the right call TBH. It never made much sense, and a character being wrong isn't that bad as far as retcons go.

#447 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 01-January 10
  • 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 10:16 PM

Finally an answer that makes sense...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

#448 Offline ALVIS

ALVIS
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 10-January 09
  • 2,486 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2015 - 08:14 AM

Greg elaborates on his interpretation of Velika's character.

So I've been wondering about Velika...

1) Did Velika come to regard the Matoran Universe inhabitants as truly living beings with free will, since he gave them sapience, or did he always see them as nanotech?

2) Did Velika like/care for the Matoran Resistance team he spent so much time with? He seemed fond of them in the novels.

3) Velika very actively helped the Toa Inika fight against the Piraka, even crafting zamor launchers for them. Why?

4) So Velika wants to rule Spherus Magna because he believes that poor leadership is what lead to disaster in the first place. Why is he so convinced that HE has to be the one ruling?

1) Somewhere in the middle

2) I think he cared for them as a creator cares for the things he makes, probably.

3) Because the Piraka were a threat. They were chaotic. Velika wants to impose order.

4) For the same reason that anyone wants to be a ruler -- he's basically a narcissist. He thinks he is smarter and better than anyone around him, and so of course he should be the one in charge.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-- Harlan Ellison

Short Stories:

LAST DESTINY, starring an Agori and a Turaga

DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal and Makuta Teridax
AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt
THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users