Synecdoche, Mata Nui

-Windrider-

Alternate title: The Figure of Speech Game.

Create LEGO figures of speech! Be as absurd as possible! The following poster will then have to do his or her best to explain what the figure of speech means.

Examples:

Post 1: "That really grinds my gear functions."

Post 2: "A figure of speech pertaining to irritation, derived from silly Technic Toa figures.

That essay was a real brick under my foot."

Post 3: "A figure of speech derived from stepping on a LEGO brick: in other words, something painful.

That dude's a real Nex."

So those are pretty straightforward examples, but the point is not to be boring like me.

Rules:

1. LEGO-related!

2. I dunno, that's it really.

--

Let's start with: Like taking Kraata from a Rahkshi.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

An expression developed by Ce-Matoran for the more talented members of their kind.

"That Matoran is made of a racket."

fishers gets the prize for actually playing correctly. You gotta give your interpretation of the figure of speech in the post above and then give your own.

Also, I may have taken an English figure of speech and inserted some Bionicle terms, but that doesn't mean that it means the same thing as the standard English equivalent...

Anyway!

A figure of speech signifying a Matoran who is tense, or "tightly wound," so to speak. Derived from the taught strings in tennis rackets, because Matoran play tennis. Duh.

"Like an element to a Toa"

A phrase used by Minifigs to express disdain for others who refuse to do what they do.

Your such a Takua it won't even humor Toa Matau.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

A phrase created by citizens of Makuhero City to mean someone who is old and cranky and enjoys chasing others away from his viscinity, like a territorial Frostelus. Also has to use diapers.Makuheroans know of he Frostelus as Frostelus can travel thprugh dimensions, which explains their territorialism, as they are guarding their custom TARDISes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A common insult implying Skakdi mothers are tolerant to seeing what would colloquially be defined as "ugly".

"FOR THE LOVE OF MATA NUI(!)"

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.

• 1 month later...

A saying referring to something/someone ruining an event/conversation/mood/etc.

"Like Nuju in a Knowledge Tower."

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"