2014 Set Pictures Released

tn_2014setpics_11_13_13.pngIt's finally time for 2014 set pictures! This year, Walmart.ca has let the cat out of the bag and has released finalized set pictures for a couple of themes, mainly most of the LEGO City sets, Ninjago, a couple of LEGO Friends sets, Creator and the new Disney Princess and Juniors themes. However, of particular interest to you may be the Hero Factory sets, which are taking on an exciting new direction and starting a new chapter of LEGO constructible action figures by featuring minifigure-sized characters in mechs. Although pictures haven't been released for all themes yet, there should already be something for nearly everyone to enjoy, so I suggest you check out the awesome new sets for your favourite themes and share your thoughts in the talkback! Click the 'more' button for links.View the full article

The Disney Princess line confuses me. I can understand throwing in some Little Mermaid sets since there was supposed a 3D release earlier this year, but Brave came out last year. And Tangled three years ago. Why make sets based off those and not Frozen, which comes this month?

(Also I find it strange that there's more pink in that Brave set then there was in the entire movie, but that's another discussion for another time.)

BZPRPG

Allow me to be the first here to crack a joke about someone on the HF team really liking Pacific Rim.

I never would have anticipated this direction, but it's certainly a solid concept, and they seem to have pulled it off nicely. Also, I may just have to open the bags from the bottom this year, because that art along the top MUST NOT BE DEFACED.

EDIT: I'm not sure why I decided to go back and look at the Juniors sets, since I was pretty sure they were just going to be something like Duplo, but--I'm actually pretty impressed. And it looks like there's going to be a cheap(er) way to get the Venom figure--maybe cheap enough to counter my distaste at buying something based on Ultimate Spider-Man (no, I'm not going to italicize the title. It doesn't deserve it.)

Edited by The Hudson Hawk

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

The Disney Princess line confuses me. I can understand throwing in some Little Mermaid sets since there was supposed a 3D release earlier this year, but Brave came out last year. And Tangled three years ago. Why make sets based off those and not Frozen, which comes this month? (Also I find it strange that there's more pink in that Brave set then there was in the entire movie, but that's another discussion for another time.)

I think you underestimate the power of Disney. Fans will buy anything with the Disney logo, especially things that are as cool as those sets. They'll be flying off the shelves in no time.

Good to have confirmation that talking about these is OK at this point. I'm never sure, since the rule is often stated vaguely as "no talking about leaked pics", not "no talking about preliminary pics of unreleased sets". It's hard to know what pics are "leaked" and which are disclosed with the LEGO Group's express permission.The Hero Factory sets are beautiful, and should make a big impression on some constraction naysayers in the AFOL community. City, Friends, and Creator are also looking great. I'm of two minds about the Disney Princess sets. On one hand, they're beautiful-looking models, but in terms of accuracy to the source material, they are certainly not a high point among LEGO licensed themes. And I'm not sure how to feel about the emphasis on fairy-tale romance, since these are seemingly aimed at a slightly younger audience than LEGO Friends.

Ah! Bionicle Exo-Force has come at last! I never though the day would come...

Never being a fan of Exo-Force, to me this represents another step down in appeal for constructable action figures. But since I am not in the market anyway, Lego rightly does not care. For some reason they also remind me of Transformers, or maybe some similar toy line I'm failing to remember, due to their wide shoulders and thin waists.

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Good to have confirmation that talking about these is OK at this point. I'm never sure, since the rule is often stated vaguely as "no talking about leaked pics", not "no talking about preliminary pics of unreleased sets". It's hard to know what pics are "leaked" and which are disclosed with the LEGO Group's express permission.

Since the first pictures were published yesterday and instead of being removed per request of LEGO, as is usually the case when pics appear too early, even more pictures were added today, I considered them to be okay. At this point there isn't really much point in keeping them under wraps anyway, as the first set releases aren't even a month away.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Good to have confirmation that talking about these is OK at this point. I'm never sure, since the rule is often stated vaguely as "no talking about leaked pics", not "no talking about preliminary pics of unreleased sets". It's hard to know what pics are "leaked" and which are disclosed with the LEGO Group's express permission.

Since the first pictures were published yesterday and instead of being removed per request of LEGO, as is usually the case when pics appear too early, even more pictures were added today, I considered them to be okay. At this point there isn't really much point in keeping them under wraps anyway, as the first set releases aren't even a month away.-Gata signoff.png

All right, then. Mesonak has the high-res pics on his Majhost gallery. We still don't have finalized pics of the two smallest sets, 44015 and 44016.My favorite set so far has got to be 44018 Furno Jet Machine. Look at that torso construction! So elegant and creative.By the way, the minifigures are built with LEGO skeleton bodies and LEGO minifigure heads with special armor and helmets over top. This means their helmets and armor can (presumably) be used on classic minifigures. I also like that there are connection points on the arms and legs for datapads or jet-boot attachments. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Since the first pictures were published yesterday and instead of being removed per request of LEGO, as is usually the case when pics appear too early, even more pictures were added today, I considered them to be okay. At this point there isn't really much point in keeping them under wraps anyway, as the first set releases aren't even a month away.-Gata signoff.png

All right, then. Mesonak has the high-res pics on his Majhost gallery. We still don't have finalized pics of the two smallest sets, 44015 and 44016.My favorite set so far has got to be 44018 Furno Jet Machine. Look at that torso construction! So elegant and creative.By the way, the minifigures are built with LEGO skeleton bodies and LEGO minifigure heads with special armor and helmets over top. This means their helmets and armor can (presumably) be used on classic minifigures. I also like that there are connection points on the arms and legs for datapads or jet-boot attachments.

Looks good to me. :)

rawrrrr2.png

Somebody at Lego decided to read my mind. :P At least, regarding the HF sets. It looks like they've taken a cue from Chima, blending technic, system, balljoint stuff, and minifigs together. Can't wait for the in-story explanation for how our heroes got shrunk. (Also those translucent tank-thing parts. Want.)

The Evo and Rocka sets look a lot alike though. And why must Furno have jetpack things/be flying again? (I know they skipped Brain Attack with that, but c'mon.)

Anyway, not much else to say - some of the Creator sets look good, like the dune-buggy.

Can't wait for the in-story explanation for how our heroes got shrunk. (Also those translucent tank-thing parts. Want.)

I don't think the Heroes got shrunk so much as the monsters got big. :P But these sets are impressing me as well. Actually I think Hero Factory has continued to improve as it goes on. These sets, and this year's, are far superior to those way back in the first and second wave of sets.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Can't wait for the in-story explanation for how our heroes got shrunk. (Also those translucent tank-thing parts. Want.)

I don't think the Heroes got shrunk- I think they're in mechs fighting giant monsters.

So these mechs are really MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE? And the sets just have the heroes at fig-scale because Lego parts are only so big?

Possible. I was thinking it was more like the Heroes were shrunk down because of some villain's powers and Makahero gave them mechs to fix it, but I could be wrong.

Oh, yes, this is what I've been waiting for. I liked the concept of the old 2005/06/07 Minifig-scale sets, but LEGO never refined the minifigures enough, they were always too static, they felt more like placeholders or pieces to a board game than actual Minifigures. These HF Minifigures look very well done.

I also like the mech suits, they remind me of Exo-Force, which was definitely one of my favorite LEGO System lines, being second only to Mars Mission. It seems like designing the figures as exo-suits and not as characters has given the designers more freedom; the Exo-Suits don't look as cookie-cutter as the Heroes of past HF lines do.

This will be the first time in quite a few years that I buy an entire line of figures.

Edit: Looking more closely, I think the Hero Factory insignia on the chests of the minifigures are removable. This is very nice, I could use those torso armors for quite a few non-HF things.

Edited by Bominominomu Nemo

Do you believe in magic?

Somebody at Lego decided to read my mind. :P At least, regarding the HF sets. It looks like they've taken a cue from Chima, blending technic, system, balljoint stuff, and minifigs together. Can't wait for the in-story explanation for how our heroes got shrunk. (Also those translucent tank-thing parts. Want.) The Evo and Rocka sets look a lot alike though. And why must Furno have jetpack things/be flying again? (I know they skipped Brain Attack with that, but c'mon.) Anyway, not much else to say - some of the Creator sets look good, like the dune-buggy.

I don't think the heroes will be smaller in-story — I think it's just the sets changing to a different scale, kind of like how Toa in BIONICLE got taller a couple times but officially stayed the same height on average, or how the BIONICLE playsets had minifigures of the Toa Inika, Hordika, and Mahri.I don't see a lot of similarity between Evo XL Machine and Rocka Stealth Machine, to be honest.Anyway, in case anyone was curious, the new parts tally for the Hero Factory sets we've seen finalized pics of so far includes...
  • [*]17 new molds[*]11 new printed elements[*]5 new recolors of existing parts (not counting minifigure heads here because it's hard to identify their exact colors)

Somebody at Lego decided to read my mind. :P At least, regarding the HF sets. It looks like they've taken a cue from Chima, blending technic, system, balljoint stuff, and minifigs together. Can't wait for the in-story explanation for how our heroes got shrunk. (Also those translucent tank-thing parts. Want.) The Evo and Rocka sets look a lot alike though. And why must Furno have jetpack things/be flying again? (I know they skipped Brain Attack with that, but c'mon.) Anyway, not much else to say - some of the Creator sets look good, like the dune-buggy.

I don't think the heroes will be smaller in-story — I think it's just the sets changing to a different scale, kind of like how Toa in BIONICLE got taller a couple times but officially stayed the same height on average, or how the BIONICLE playsets had minifigures of the Toa Inika, Hordika, and Mahri.I don't see a lot of similarity between Evo XL Machine and Rocka Stealth Machine, to be honest.Anyway, in case anyone was curious, the new parts tally for the Hero Factory sets we've seen finalized pics of so far includes...
  • [*]17 new molds[*]11 new printed elements[*]5 new recolors of existing parts (not counting minifigure heads here because it's hard to identify their exact colors)

The downside to the most recent HF sets is that they all look a little too similar.

rawrrrr2.png

The downside to the most recent HF sets is that they all look a little too similar.

What I was thinking as regards Rocka and Evo is that they both contain a large quantity of green as a secondary color, along with gray.

Also, am I the only one who is amused that the gold, flashy machine is supposed to be for stealth?

Edited by fishers64

Really? This is the most varied the Hero sets have ever been.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

RAPUNZEL AND MERIDA! EEEEEEEEEE! 8D

=cough-

Sorry...

Anyway, they look interesting. I'm not too fond of the sleek dress mold being used for each Princess as Cinderella's gown is much more poofy in the film (buuuut I can see how a big, poofy ball gown could get in the way of posablility).

I hope Rapunzel's Tower doesn't cost too much because it definitely looks like a fun set.

As for Merida's set, I see a lot of elements that were present in the movie Brave in her set, so it looks like a nice addition for any fan of the movie (not to mention it looks like it'll be affordable).

Also, the Mountain Hut looks like a really cool Creator set. I might pick that one up within the next few years. Combined with my lighthouse I'll probably start working on a mini-scale Minifig island of sorts (With the series minifigs, I have quite a few figures without homes or beds. Maybe I should make them a little resort to stay at)

Anyway, as for Hero Factory, I'll probably be window shopping the Breeze set for a while before actually getting it (like I normally do with HF sets).

All in all, these look pretty neat. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

RAPUNZEL AND MERIDA! EEEEEEEEEE! 8D

I hope Rapunzel's Tower doesn't cost too much because it definitely looks like a fun set.

Ha, that was my first reaction as well. I really want to see what her hair looks like at back of her figure. I'm guessing it will be in the 'done up' style from the last third of the movie since it doesn't seem in any way long. As for the tower, I'm not a huge fan of it due to the pink and purple coloring on the outside. I'll probably just buy the three figures online, since that's the only reason I want to buy the set.

BZPRPG

Ha, that was my first reaction as well. I really want to see what her hair looks like at back of her figure. I'm guessing it will be in the 'done up' style from the last third of the movie since it doesn't seem in any way long.

That's pretty much what I'm guessing and hoping for as well. However, if it is long, it'll probably be a lengthy strand of rubber swirls that go down to the full height of the figure and branch off 90 degrees to continue on the floor (which I seriously doubt is what they did XP).

As for the set itself, I'm fine with a pastel color scheme. It definitely fits with how vivid the movie is. However, I would be less inclined to get the set if the inside of the tower is completely inaccurate or if it just doesn't look like it has potential for play.

I will say, however, that there is a distinct lack of a Mother Gothel minifigure and I am disappoint.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I don't think the Heroes got shrunk- I think they're in mechs fighting giant monsters.

So these mechs are really MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE? And the sets just have the heroes at fig-scale because Lego parts are only so big?

Possible. I was thinking it was more like the Heroes were shrunk down because of some villain's powers and Makahero gave them mechs to fix it, but I could be wrong.

It's definitely the MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE explanation. I wasn't completely sure myself until I took a good look at Splitter Beast (possibly my favorite, but that's beside the point). It took me a few moments to realize this, but that staff-type weapon he/they are holding is actually a huge lamppost that he's just ripped from the ground. Which is several different kinds of awesome, but it also proves that these are actually gigantic monsters and mechs, just at a different scale.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

robots made by robots piloting bigger robots made by robots to fight evil robots that were probably also made by robots. perfect.

Nice one, if only it weren't for the face that the villains are most likely organic creatures and not robots, at least by the looks of it. ;)Have I already mentioned that the Hero Factory sets are awesome? Obviously the minifigures are the best part. :P-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've got to say, I'm really impressed with the Hero Factory sets. It's quite the change of pace, but LEGO has proven time and time again that when it takes a leap of faith like that, it pays off. I barely bought any HF sets this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to this wave.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

It's definitely the MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE explanation. I wasn't completely sure myself until I took a good look at Splitter Beast (possibly my favorite, but that's beside the point). It took me a few moments to realize this, but that staff-type weapon he/they are holding is actually a huge lamppost that he's just ripped from the ground. Which is several different kinds of awesome, but it also proves that these are actually gigantic monsters and mechs, just at a different scale.

Well, granted, it would take a boatload of strength to rip a light pole out of the ground. But that doesn't mean he is MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE.

And even if it did, that doesn't mean that the Heroes are that big. Some evil villain could have decided to shrink the Heroes and used that power in reverse to make the other MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE villain(s)/henchmen. I am going to headcanon that one! Yes! :P

The new 2014 sets look great, cool, and awesome!:) It seems that Batman is going to a new Lego theme.:) I feel sad that there are no Hero Factory contraction figures next year as it seems. They are replaced by playsets that include minifigures with small Visorak-like creatures and high-tech mechas. I am going to miss the contraction figures.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well, granted, it would take a boatload of strength to rip a light pole out of the ground. But that doesn't mean he is MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE.

And even if it did, that doesn't mean that the Heroes are that big. Some evil villain could have decided to shrink the Heroes and used that power in reverse to make the other MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE villain(s)/henchmen. I am going to headcanon that one! Yes! :P

Considering that light pole would be dwarfed by every single hero prior to this year, I think your headcanon is a little absurd.

What's your problem with just accepting that this year features a change in scale? It's a much better and less ridiculous premise than "Honey, I Shrunk the Heroes" (which was already used one time too many in Savage Planet).

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The new HF sets are a brilliant idea. Ingenious way to mix it up and add even more play value. The set design looks about par or slightly below, but the ideas and parts make me really excited.

I'd say Furno Jet Machine sets a new level for set design with medium-sized sets, what with its complex and innovative torso build. Then again, I guess Frost Beast and Bruizer had non-standard torso builds of a different sort, so it's not completely unprecedented. Also, next year's medium-sized sets are actually priced at $15 (same as Chima and Super Heroes constraction sets) rather than $13 (which had been the standard for medium-sized sets since 2007), so I guess a little bit more complexity is to be expected.

Well, granted, it would take a boatload of strength to rip a light pole out of the ground. But that doesn't mean he is MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE. And even if it did, that doesn't mean that the Heroes are that big. Some evil villain could have decided to shrink the Heroes and used that power in reverse to make the other MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE villain(s)/henchmen. I am going to headcanon that one! Yes! :P

What's so awful about a change in scale? I think "Honey I Shrunk the Heroes", à la Savage Planet, is a MUCH cheesier (and more repetitive) storyline than just assuming the scale of the sets has changed.EDIT: Ninja'd by my twin brother AGAIN. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

The new 2014 sets look great, cool, and awesome! :) It seems that Batman is going to a new Lego theme. :) I feel sad that there are no Hero Factory contraction figures next year as it seems. They are replaced by playsets that include minifigures with small Visorak-like creatures and high-tech mechas. I am going to miss the contraction figures. :(

The Hero Factory sets definitely aren't playsets. They're constraction figure that happen to have a minifigure inside of them. It's all the same Hero Factory pieces we know and love, with the added bonus of HF minifigs too. I think it's awesome.

I like the Pacific Rim thing. Especially since I still haven't seen the movie. The one with mini-Breez and the Stormer set have baddies near the top that look veeery similar to some of the Kaiju, like Leatherback (?). The only one I think I'll buy, as I'm so strapped for cash and space, will have to be Evo XL. Stealth Rocka looks nice too.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The new 2014 sets look great, cool, and awesome! :) It seems that Batman is going to a new Lego theme. :) I feel sad that there are no Hero Factory contraction figures next year as it seems. They are replaced by playsets that include minifigures with small Visorak-like creatures and high-tech mechas. I am going to miss the contraction figures. :(

The villains are purely constraction figures, so if you don't like the "fig inside" approach there's still plenty to go around. But they still have constraction figure parts - I want to get one just to see how they thought this out. :)

Considering that light pole would be dwarfed by every single hero prior to this year, I think your headcanon is a little absurd.

What's your problem with just accepting that this year features a change in scale? It's a much better and less ridiculous premise than "Honey, I Shrunk the Heroes" (which was already used one time too many in Savage Planet).

In that case, I would like to find an axle and the components of said lightpole and do a size comparison.

:P What's so awful about a change in scale? I think "Honey I Shrunk the Heroes", à la Savage Planet, is a MUCH cheesier (and more repetitive) storyline than just assuming the scale of the sets has changed.

There's nothing wrong with a change in scale. I just think that a villain with grow/shrink powers would be cooler than a just a bunch of huge villains roaming about.

And it was only used in Savage Planet once. Yeesh. Plus also the packages imply that this is an underground theme. MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE villains in a cramped underground space does not make sense to me at all.

Edited by fishers64

Plus also the packages imply that this is an underground theme. MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE villains in a cramped underground space does not make sense to me at all.

No, the packages clearly show things above ground. The villains are COMING from underground, but you can clearly see cities and buildings in several of the backgrounds. Even blue skies, skyscrapers, and civilians!The sets take place in a place called Antropolis City, according to the product descriptions. The villains are emerging from some kind of rift/crevice there. It's very Pacific Rim. Which is good, because next year's TV special is done by Ghost. You might remember them as the guys who made the old BIONICLE commercials, but they also recently did VFX work for a certain Hollywood blockbuster directed by Guillermo del Toro. ;) Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Didn't say now. Just felt like they were similar this year.

The heroes this year were pretty similar to one another, but (other than six out of seven being humanoid) the villains were remarkably diverse. Even moreso in 2012, when only slightly more than half of the villains were normal humanoids, and the heroes were pretty unique to boot. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

The heroes this year were pretty similar to one another, but (other than six out of seven being humanoid) the villains were remarkably diverse. Even moreso in 2012, when only slightly more than half of the villains were normal humanoids, and the heroes were pretty unique to boot.

2012 was great, I must say.

Do you think there will be more Giant Monsters near summer time?

rawrrrr2.png

Plus also the packages imply that this is an underground theme. MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE villains in a cramped underground space does not make sense to me at all.

No, the packages clearly show things above ground. The villains are COMING from underground, but you can clearly see cities and buildings in several of the backgrounds. Even blue skies, skyscrapers, and civilians!The sets take place in a place called Antropolis City, according to the product descriptions. The villains are emerging from some kind of rift/crevice there. It's very Pacific Rim. Which is good, because next year's TV special is done by Ghost. You might remember them as the guys who made the old BIONICLE commercials, but they also recently did VFX work for a certain Hollywood blockbuster directed by Guillermo del Toro. ;)

Yes, but the villains come from underground. Am I supposed to believe that there is a MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE underground lair for these villains which takes place on a MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE planet thing that makes Spherus Magna look like a bowling ball? Because otherwise the planet would probably implode from being too hollowed out.

And that is a revolt to the laws of physics - eventually if you make the planet too big, it isn't a soild-ground planet anymore and becomes a gas giant or a star.

The heroes this year were pretty similar to one another, but (other than six out of seven being humanoid) the villains were remarkably diverse. Even moreso in 2012, when only slightly more than half of the villains were normal humanoids, and the heroes were pretty unique to boot.

2012 was great, I must say. Do you think there will be more Giant Monsters near summer time?

Hope so. Hope we also get other heroes like Nex, Bulk, and Stringer. And that maybe Breez gets a mech.

No, the packages clearly show things above ground. The villains are COMING from underground, but you can clearly see cities and buildings in several of the backgrounds. Even blue skies, skyscrapers, and civilians!The sets take place in a place called Antropolis City, according to the product descriptions. The villains are emerging from some kind of rift/crevice there. It's very Pacific Rim. Which is good, because next year's TV special is done by Ghost. You might remember them as the guys who made the old BIONICLE commercials, but they also recently did VFX work for a certain Hollywood blockbuster directed by Guillermo del Toro. ;)

Yes, but the villains come from underground. Am I supposed to believe that there is a MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE underground lair for these villains which takes place on a MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE planet thing that makes Spherus Magna look like a bowling ball? Because otherwise the planet would probably implode from being too hollowed out. And that is a revolt to the laws of physics - eventually if you make the planet too big, it isn't a soild-ground planet anymore and becomes a gas giant or a star.

It might be an alternate dimension portal like in Pacific Rim. Or maybe there IS a nest or something underground. Who can say? Anyway, they wouldn't have to be MEGA FREAKING SUPER HUGE. The minifigures are about two inches tall, and Splitter Beast seems to be about seven inches tall. If we assume a hero would be about six feet tall in real life, Splitter Beast would be about 21 feet tall — huge, but certainly nowhere near as big as kaiju like Godzilla and the like who are supposed to be living right here on Earth in their respective franchises. Also contrast the largest cave on Earth, which is "262-by-262 feet (80-by-80 meters) in most places". That's enough space that twelve Splitter Beasts could be standing on each other's heads!Note that the majority of the foes next year seem to be small four-legged bugs not much larger than the heroes. The giant monsters seem to be the exception, not the norm, and I can't say for sure that there's more than one of each variety.And when you start bringing up the laws of physics as related to planet formation in a giant monster franchise, you're doing it wrong. Giant monsters aren't the kind of thing you're supposed to take so seriously. They're just a foundation for pulse-pounding sci-fi action stories. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time