Search For the Kraahkan Comics!

mk7.13

Welcome to Search For the Kraahkan comics!

Let's get right into the comedy, shall we? :)

SEASON ONE

01 An Unexpected Party

02 The Macguffin

03 A Matter of Time

04 Payback

05 To Pacify a Bohrok

06 But Seriously, Though

07 Team Building Exercise

08 Um... Okay...

09 Limited Power

10 It Really Is That Easy

11 West Side Story

12 That Just Happened

NEW! 13 Oh Well NEW!

Guest Star Application!

As of 12/2/2013, I am now accepting guest stars! Since this is a mostly plot-driven comic, your character may stick around for multiple comics - depending on the needs of that particular story arc - and then might not be seen again; or for potential "permanent" guest stars (who will most likely be given main character status for "season two"), while you may not be in every comic, your character will be a consistent presence in the overall narrative. The only issue is part availability; since I'm a college student with a somewhat well-paying job, I can easily buy necessary masks and parts from BrickLink as needed, but your character may have to wait until the parts are acquired for an appearance. Just fill out this application with all the necessary information and I'll get to work on the MOC-ing!

Name*:

Primary color*:

Secondary color (can be same as Primary color)*:

Tertiary color, etc.:

Body Type*: Titan / Rahi / Toa / Matoran

Mask (if Titan, Toa, or Matoran)*:

Personality:

Combine types?: Yes / No

If yes, which types?:

* = Required

Guest Star List!

PGS:

1. ~The 1st Shadow~!

2. Aurora the cat!

3. Master of all Kopekes!

4. Tahukan The TaVo-Matoran!

5. Empty!

GS:

1. Empty!

2. Empty!

3. Empty!

4. Empty!

5. Empty!

Edited by mk7.13

Ah, competition. ;)

Nice start. Some of the photos aren't the best quality, but the characters seem to be pretty decent. I look forward to seeing how this goes."Walls are inanimate, Lewa." :lol:

Also, how do you get the text like that? I originally wanted to do that for my comics, but didn't have a decent program for doing so.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ah, competition. ;)

Nice start. Some of the photos aren't the best quality, but the characters seem to be pretty decent. I look forward to seeing how this goes."Walls are inanimate, Lewa." :lol:

Also, how do you get the text like that? I originally wanted to do that for my comics, but didn't have a decent program for doing so.

signoffffff.png

Photoshop! The "stroke" layer style really helps out with making text more readable. Still working on figuring out how to make it look prettier. :P

Well, this is a potentially epic series. I just may have to stick around! ;)

You want a relaxing day alone? Fake your own death. Works every time for me.

But death is so impermanent, though. Takiris has died at least three times before the events of this series. It's kind of like in Dragonball Z, where all you have to do is make a wish bringing everybody back to life at the end of the quest.

Good to see a new comic! The figures' poses are quite expressive, so bravo on that. My only suggestion involves some of the still shots; the sharpness seems inconsistent. (I understand, however, the blur for effect on the "*THUD*" shot.)

Keep at it!

I'm using my phone's camera, so it gets tricky to maintain a consistent sharpness sometimes, but I'm definitely working on improving my photography skills! Also - do you think you could change the title of this topic to "Search For the Kraahkan Comics!"? I made a typo when I created it and only just recently noticed the mistake.

Thanks to everybody for reading! And now I have a special treat: Chapter Two! :)

Edited by mk6.12

Also - do you think you could change the title of this topic to "Search For the Kraahkan Comics!"? I made a typo when I created it and only just recently noticed the mistake.

Sure - but just in case, next time, you can report the topic's opening post and state that you want the title changed. I'll definitely see your request that way.

For now, though, changed!

Haha, I quite liked the "left turn at Albuquerque" joke. :)

Matoro going for wold domination? Sounds out-of character, but it's interesting. I must ask, though: Will it ever be explained how the other masks are talking? Because, last I checked, only the Ignika can do that.

Nonetheless, I look forward to the next chapter.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That can't be good. I guess the plot revolves around three parties searching for the Kraahkan, right? Zaktan, MK, and Matoro?

I was thinking of taking it that direction, but I've got something much more absurd in the works. ;)

Haha, I quite liked the "left turn at Albuquerque" joke. :)

Matoro going for wold domination? Sounds out-of character, but it's interesting. I must ask, though: Will it ever be explained how the other masks are talking? Because, last I checked, only the Ignika can do that.

Nonetheless, I look forward to the next chapter.

signoffffff.png

I think my "official" explanation for the other masks talking is something along the lines of being near Matoro and the Ignika causes them to become sentient. What actually happened was about halfway through writing the dialogue for each panel, I decided it would be hilarious if every mask Matoro grabs also talks.

As for Chapter 4, I think I'll have that done sometime tomorrow or next week, depending on Thanksgiving and all that. There'll be a new comic to read before too long, though!

As for Chapter 4, I think I'll have that done sometime tomorrow or next week, depending on Thanksgiving and all that. There'll be a new comic to read before too long, though!

Wow, you have to be one of the fastest comic makers on BZPower! And with photo comics being your medium!

mindeth the cobwebs

Teridax bet his mask in poker!? Wow. He makes worse decisions than me! I mean, I bet my secret plans to a super weapon capable of worldwide destruction! Man, Teridax is dumb.

The way he lost his Staff of Shadows is even more ridiculous, but that's a story for another chapter. ;)

Comic Update!

I'm now considering guest stars! Since this is a mostly plot-driven comic, your character may stick around for multiple comics - depending on the needs of that particular story arc - and then might not be seen again; or for potential "permanent" guest stars (who will most likely be given main character status for "season two"), while you may not be in every comic, your character will be a consistent presence in the overall narrative. The only issue is part availability; since I'm a college student with a somewhat well-paying job, I can easily buy necessary masks and parts from BrickLink as needed, but your character may have to wait until the parts are acquired for an appearance. I'll throw all of this information up in the main post up top, complete with a form for a GS and PGS information.

I think I'll continue posting comics whenever I feel up to it, but it'll be on a semi-regular basis with not much more than a week in between like I have been doing. No sense in keeping you guys waiting too long for another chapter. :)

Thanks for reading!

I sure hope a gold Kraahkan will play a more important role! It'll look so cool!

I'm fairly certain it will. ;)

Also, why did Takua and Jaller change to Mctoran when the krana were removed?

Good question.

Honest answer: I really, really, really wanted Mctoran in these comics, for no real reason.

Better answer: when Matoro hit them with the Ignika while holding the Vahi, they were transformed into past versions of themselves.

Oh man, this comic is awesome. I really like the builds for the toa mata, but why is pohatu a nuva?

I really wanted that to be an unanswered question for the duration of the comic, but I decided to answer it in the upcoming chapter! It'll be out before too long, I just have to type out all the dialogue. I've been pretty busy this last week or so, but I'll have chapter 8 up soon!

In the scene where lewa is accidentally attacked, why does he go from mata to nuva?

Something to do with Fire and Ice combining, I think. The logic is very contrived, but I had to come up with something because I really wanted a decent reason to mess with my existing Toa Mata MOCs without suddenly jumping from Mata to Nuva between comics. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite enjoying it. There seems, however, to be a lack of Kopeke. ;D

Name: Kopeke/Kopeke's Master (see below)

Primary color: white

Secondary color: light blue

Tertiary color: light grey

Body Type: Matoran

Mask (if Titan, Toa, or Matoran): Komau/Matatu (see below)

Personality: Okay, here is the confusing part. I'm proposing him as a split-personality guy. So he can see both versions of himself, but others can only see one. Kopeke wears the Komau, and Kopeke's Master (his other personality) wears the Matatu. Other than that, they are exactly the same (so, basically, you would just switch masks on the torso when switching between them). When talking with other people, he only says "...", though they understand him (sorta like the Bohrok). When he is talking to his other self, though, he speaks in a very longhanded manner. Does that sound fine?

Combine types?: Not sure what you mean here. If you mean element, then no.

If yes, which types?: (see above)

So I guess I just remedied the lack of Kopeke by making two Kopekes? :P

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally I can get Chapter 12 up! I ran into some technical difficulties recently; apparently the newest iTunes update wasn't working on Windows PCs, and I couldn't access my iPhone through my computer so I couldn't upload the pics. But I think I found a fix, so hopefully I'll have the last chapter of season 1 up and ready to go before too long!