The fate of the Mahri

toajomo

Okay, BIONICLEstory.com was deleted, as we are all aware. But it was deleted before I ever found anything relating to the Toa Mahri...the last I read of them they were being mind controlled by some skakdi (I think). They laid down their weapons and surrendered...What became of them? Or Lewa, for that matter?

Someone please provide answers

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

Please check BS01 before asking things like this.

The short answer (I think) is that we don't know, since there hasn't been official work on their fate. Maybe someone's asked Greg but I don't know. I think the Mahri were rescued, I don't know how though. We don't seem to have word on Lewa. I think he'd be able to handle a few Agori though.

*Edit:*

BS01 says: "After Teridax was defeated, they emerged from the Matoran Universe with the Skakdi and golden being. They traveled through Spherus Magna, eventually arriving on the shores of Aqua Magna, where the golden being created a fortress out of thin air on the nearby cliffs. Eventually, they were rescued." I don't know what source made this so, i would like to know myself.

About Lewa: "Lewa left the fortress while the others of the group debated on whether or not to free the captive Great Being, emerging onto the Great Jungle. He witnessed a massive bio-mechanical lizard kill a smaller reptile, and, spotting a few small villagers nearby, decided to warn them of the threat. He was unable to speak to or understand the language of the beings, but managed to understand that they were asking him where he came from. After pointing to the fortress he had emerged from, they were angered, and pointed their spears towards his throat. He was then dragged off by the Agori."

Yeah...Like I said I think he should be able to handle them. I wouldn't worry about him too much, he has very strong plot armour ><

Edited by NuvaTube

I remember hearing that the Hagah went after the Mahri, but I don't recall it ever being said in any official capacity that they were rescued by them. The story left off after the Hagah left to find 'em, apparently.

Northmarch and Nuvatube are correct, though- there's no official conclusion.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

In fact, if you recall, I think that in "Sahmad's Tale", their was a battle between the Golden Skin Being and Anona it the forteress where the Mahri were held "mentally" captive.

Here are some parts of the Chapter 7 that might help us find an explanation.

All around the golden being, his warriors began to collapse. Some sank to their knees, some babbling insanely, others drew their weapons and started advancing on their leader. Taken off-guard, I guess the golden being's power weakened. Annona wrenched himself free of the spikes, a peal of laughter coming from its core.

It is possible that the Mahri were freed from their mental prison with the Golden Being loss of power.

The golden being actually looked scared. I didn't like that at all. Behind him, his fortress was starting to waver and blur. Worse, there were...things appearing in the windows, others slithering or crawling across the landscape.

Here, we clearly see that everything the Golden Being had under his control was slowly disapearing. Maybe his control over the Mahri, too, was lost.

The fortress was completely gone now.

At that moment, the Golden Being was probably to weak to maintain anything going.

Then I guest the Mahri probably left while Sahmad, Anona and Golden Being were making their deal and everything.

All the quotes were taken from "Sahmad's Tale CHapter 7" on BS01.

Link : http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Sahmad%27s_Tale#Chapter_7

- NT

Edited by Nicotheory

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

Good point, NT, I'd forgotten about that. I do think it's likely that the Mahri, probably being stronger-willed than the average Skakdi, could break the Golden Fusion's control when it was disrupted by Annona.

but their spirits

Please check BS01 before asking things like this.

The short answer (I think) is that we don't know, since there hasn't been official work on their fate. Maybe someone's asked Greg but I don't know. I think the Mahri were rescued, I don't know how though. We don't seem to have word on Lewa. I think he'd be able to handle a few Agori though.

*Edit:*

BS01 says: "After Teridax was defeated, they emerged from the Matoran Universe with the Skakdi and golden being. They traveled through Spherus Magna, eventually arriving on the shores of Aqua Magna, where the golden being created a fortress out of thin air on the nearby cliffs. Eventually, they were rescued." I don't know what source made this so, i would like to know myself.

About Lewa: "Lewa left the fortress while the others of the group debated on whether or not to free the captive Great Being, emerging onto the Great Jungle. He witnessed a massive bio-mechanical lizard kill a smaller reptile, and, spotting a few small villagers nearby, decided to warn them of the threat. He was unable to speak to or understand the language of the beings, but managed to understand that they were asking him where he came from. After pointing to the fortress he had emerged from, they were angered, and pointed their spears towards his throat. He was then dragged off by the Agori."

Yeah...Like I said I think he should be able to handle them. I wouldn't worry about him too much, he has very strong plot armour ><

This pretty much answers my question. And for some reason, my computer won't let me access wikis, so BS01 is out of the question.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

In fact, if you recall, I think that in "Sahmad's Tale", their was a battle between the Golden Skin Being and Anona it the forteress where the Mahri were held "mentally" captive.

Here are some parts of the Chapter 7 that might help us find an explanation.

All around the golden being, his warriors began to collapse. Some sank to their knees, some babbling insanely, others drew their weapons and started advancing on their leader. Taken off-guard, I guess the golden being's power weakened. Annona wrenched himself free of the spikes, a peal of laughter coming from its core.

It is possible that the Mahri were freed from their mental prison with the Golden Being loss of power.

The golden being actually looked scared. I didn't like that at all. Behind him, his fortress was starting to waver and blur. Worse, there were...things appearing in the windows, others slithering or crawling across the landscape.

Here, we clearly see that everything the Golden Being had under his control was slowly disapearing. Maybe his control over the Mahri, too, was lost.

The fortress was completely gone now.

At that moment, the Golden Being was probably to weak to maintain anything going.

Then I guest the Mahri probably left while Sahmad, Anona and Golden Being were making their deal and everything.

All the quotes were taken from "Sahmad's Tale CHapter 7" on BS01.

Link : http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Sahmad%27s_Tale#Chapter_7

- NT

I'm not sure that the Mahri were freed there. It could be that the fortress thing was the "first to go" whereas the followers were still entranced and stuff. Or the followers experienced a few seconds of lucidity and confusion before his power turned back on.

4a)What about the Toa Mahri’s fate, Lewa and the mad Great Being and TSO’s fate?

4a) That’s all TYQ

This was in November of 2010, and implies that the whole thing is yet-to-be revealed.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the "Eventually, they were rescued" edit on BS01 when it went up a few months ago. I was about to delete it with a snarky remark of "this wiki ain't for wishful thinking", but the guy who put it up had a link to the source: that "Ask GregF" topic on the Lego Message Boards. I don't recall the exact words, but someone asked if the Mahri were ever rescued, and Greg said yes, but didn't elaborate. The link ought to still be there if you check the page's edit history.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'm not sure that the Mahri were freed there. It could be that the fortress thing was the "first to go" whereas the followers were still entranced and stuff. Or the followers experienced a few seconds of lucidity and confusion before his power turned back on.

Yes, but if there was any point in the written story where they might have been freed, I think that'd have been it. Of course, if you're right and they were still hypnotized, then I assume they'd be freed "off-screen", so to speak.

but their spirits