BIONICLE MAFIA: SOUTHERN RETRIBUTION

Voltex

Hello citizens of the Southern Continent, dead or alive! VDAMMA needs your help! --> Did you kill Flux: The Explorer or Valendale? <--- I need you to send me a PM regarding this right away!

Provide as much proof as possible that you were the killer. If you have already made this claim, you can provide additional evidence, but you do not need to send a second PM. If you are making a new claim, and I have already contacted you about something else, please reply to the same PM to make things easier for me. Additionally, the VDAMMA Anonymous Info Portal is now available. Please make use of it! Thanks!

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Well, that's not helpful. Now I'm gonna have to rely on my doubles, till I can get myself out of the book and-

Wait, you said Matoran, in the text. Hmm... :evilgrin:

One does not simply escape the clutches of Canis

One does if Canis gets revenge on the wrong guy. :sly:

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

No, every Villager in this game is a Matoran. YOU are a Matoran. You are trapped inside the Ye Old Grimoire Necronomicon of the Dead. There is no escape from the Ye Old Grimoire Necronomicon of the Dead. Stop trying to escape my wrath, or it will increase.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Well, that's not helpful. Now I'm gonna have to rely on my doubles, till I can get myself out of the book and-

Wait, you said Matoran, in the text. Hmm... :evilgrin:

One does not simply escape the clutches of Canis

One does if Canis gets revenge on the wrong guy. :sly:

See, the problem with your argument is that, when you take into account that Canis is the host, your argument is already null and void. JL can't just "not be a zamboni" in my game now; Chro can't just say "ohey my arm is no longer on fire". Likewise, you brought the wrath of Canis upon yourself here, and must learn to live with it.

Yeah, I was fully expecting the wrath to increase, I was just bored, being dead in both games early on.

When I say body doubles, I mean the Matoran I play the game as. You kill the Matoran, he doesn't magically come back to life, he doesn't survive because he wills it, he's dead. But as a player, obviously I don't die. The people I play as are Matoran, I'm not.

I assume you were trying to kill me off with that scene, and I'll go with that.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

See, the problem with your argument is that, when you take into account that Canis is the host, your argument is already null and void. JL can't just "not be a zamboni" in my game now; Chro can't just say "ohey my arm is no longer on fire". Likewise, you brought the wrath of Canis upon yourself here, and must learn to live with it.

That's an excellent point, actually.

If, some day, JL and I become fused together by use of a Vezon-type role, we will be the unstoppable Fire-armed Zamboni, and there'll be #### to pay.

(Gosh darn word filter.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

That's an excellent point, actually.

If, some day, JL and I become fused together by use of a Vezon-type role, we will be the unstoppable Fire-armed Zamboni, and there'll be #### to pay.

(Gosh darn word filter.)

Oh gawd. .__.

(Actually that should totally be how I end my game)

I'm not sure what happened here, but it's glorious

[/chattering corpse heap]

I think Canis thought my excuse for coming back from death for the next game meant I got away scot free, so he rekilled me, but he thought that body double meant that the real me was a matoran, so he referred to the real me as such, so I pointed it out, and they started going on about wrath. I expected Canis to rekill me, which is why I pointed it out in the first place, but I'm fine with it, it'll make things interesting later on. Eventually, I want to host one of these games, but the time is not yet right, so yeah. It'd be a side game first, for practice. I'll free myself then.

EDIT: If you meant the Fire-Armed Zamboni thing, then yeah, it's glorious.

Edited by ShadowVezon1

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I think Canis thought my excuse for coming back from death for the next game meant I got away scot free, so he rekilled me, but he thought that body double meant that the real me was a matoran, so he referred to the real me as such, so I pointed it out, and they started going on about wrath. I expected Canis to rekill me, which is why I pointed it out in the first place, but I'm fine with it, it'll make things interesting later on. Eventually, I want to host one of these games, but the time is not yet right, so yeah. It'd be a side game first, for practice. I'll free myself then.

I meant the Zamboni, yes. ^^"

As for the other thing, I think I'm even more confused right now xD

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I meant the Zamboni, yes. ^^"

As for the other thing, I think I'm even more confused right now xD

Yeah, it's confusing.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

ROUND THREE: NIGHT

Darkness stepped into the bar and took a seat. Sheogorath came over and poured the Dark Hunter a drink, not knowing his customer's true identity. The Dark Hunter began to drink, and looked at Sheogorath kindly.

"Sit down! Have a drink. There's nobody else in the bar."

Sheogorath shrugged and sat down across from the other. They began to talk about the general status of the town, when Sheogorath heard a bump coming from the door. He looked at the door, and while he was distracted, Darkness poured a small bottle of poison into Sheogorath's drink.

The saloon keeper drank from his goblet, and then fell over clutching his throat, shrieking in pain. He yelled something that sounded like 'AH CUHLLED TAHKS', but the poison was clogging up Sheogorath's mouth, so Darkness couldn't quite make it out.

[sheogorath, Villager, poisoned by Dark Hunters]

Darkness dragged the body of Sheogorath across town to the Really Thirsty Chattering Corpse Heap and tossed it onto the pile. Darkness had been the first to place a body here, and know he was putting another down in the same spot he had suggested. Several of the corpses cried out for a drink.

Across town, Phantom was walking across the town. He knocked upon the door of the town hall, and Ignika peeked his head out.

"Hello?"

"Please kill me. We Dark Hunters have been killing innocent Matoran."

"If you say so."

Ignika grabbed a shotgun from beside the door, pointed it at Phantom's head, and fired. Phantom's head exploded from the bullet, and his body went flying. Avohkii wheeled in, looked at the disguise of Phantom and said,

"Yep, that one was definitely a Dark Hunter. We got one!"

[Punished Snake, Dark Hunter, shot by Councilman]

You have 48 hours to vote.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Across town, Phantom was walking across the town. He knocked upon the door of the town hall, and Ignika peeked his head out.

"Hello?"

"Please kill me. We Dark Hunters have been killing innocent Matoran."

"If you say so."

Ignika grabbed a shotgun from beside the door, pointed it at Lurker's head, and fired. Lurker's head exploded from the bullet, and his body went flying.

If only all the Mafia went down this easy. XD

Anyway, I must admit I'm surprised by the lack of death here... people saving up their bullets? Or did you all spend 'em first round? (I suppose I'm guilty of that as well, though.)

but their spirits

Indeed, the current issue is that most of the good guys have already spent their bullets. Luckily, that allows me to confirm their innocence. I am very close to having the last two Dark Hunters pinned down for certain. If we can only manage to execute another Dark Hunter through voting this day, we should be good. Stay tuned.

EDIT:

And here is another plea for anyone with information on Flux: The Explorer's death.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

VDAMMA is here to save the day. Protalgif is a Dark Hunter. I do not think he was the Dark Hunter that made the killing in this scene, but we can deal with that one in the night or the next day, after I have gathered additional evidence to convince you all.

When I contacted Protalgif initially, he claimed he was a villager who had yet to use his bullet. After I pressured him to use it on one of his Dark Hunter friends, he first did not reply to the message, and then eventually confessed to being a Dark Hunter. I provide a quotation of his confession here, and can send a screenshot to anyone who needs it:

Sorry, I saw it at like one in the morning or something stupid and couldn't respond because of heads not working right. This morning I was in the car all day, and tomorrow starts show week for the play I am the lead in. So in order to make things easier, yes I am a mafian. =PI really don't have the time to actually try and lie to you, so yeah. Good job the VDAMMA has screwed the Mafia over again. =P

Please vote to lynch Protalgif.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Well Toarobot, there is something else that I wanted to announce about your actions, and now I have an appropriate punishment.

How long soon 'till you host another game after this one, do you think?

By having member send me this message and wait for my reply, you done two things I did not appreciate.

1. This is basically GM interference with the game, and that is something I am wholeheartedly against.

2. You did not ask permission of me before using me as a way to confirm if members are Mafia or not, and I do not like being used in such a way, without my will.

Not only that, you are breaking the sixth rule by making this game incredibly unenjoyable to the Mafia. For this, I am putting down this punishment: If Protalgif is lynched, he will not be lynched, and a random Villager will be killed instead. You brought this upon yourself, Toarobot.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Toarobot, in an attempt to prove Villager innocence, asked them to PM me with the quoted message in the same PM chain they had used to give a target, and then PM the whole thing with my response. I did not like that, for the reasons listed above.

Also, no one has voted.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Having players use their interactions with the host, such as by screenshoting their messages to and from him, to prove their innocence, is standard practice in mafia games. I have complied with all rules posted for this game, never publishing a screenshot in the topic even when doing so would have cleared my name from Tex's accusations.

My request to have a member send you that message was just a minor additional precaution against fake screenshots, which I would not have imagined doing if I had the faintest idea that you would have a problem with it. How was I supposed to know you would react in this way? You are created an ex post facto rule.

I assure you that I was acting in good faith, and I even encouraged those I was conversing with to let you know the reason I had asked them to ask that question, which is doubtlessly how you are aware of my plans, which is not something someone attempting to sabotage your game would do.

"Breaking the sixth rule" by making the game unenjoyable for the mafia? This is a Lloydtiming (a "staple of many Third Age mafia games," according to the wiki), something that happens in almost every game! See, for example, Mafia VIII, in which the dead Tex worked to reveal the mafia, a game in which I was a mafia member, but still found enjoyable! How about making the game unenjoyable for the rest of the players?

Not to mention the fact that the particular actions you are objecting against, me asking a player to send you a message and then screenshot it, did not result in Portalfig's confession. My use of that tactic did not lead to my gaining any information on the Hunters whatsoever, and did not affect any outcomes in this game.

Furthermore, you are punishing all the villagers in the game, not just me, by prohibiting the lynching of Portalfig. While I consider punishing me to be most unfair, since I had no idea there was anything wrong with what I was doing, it is even more unfair to punish everyone playing this game who is not a Hunter by preventing them from lynching one of the Hunters. You say that you are "wholeheartedly against" GM interference with the game. This punishment of me is an extreme example of that very thing! Certainly, there would have been less interference, if any at all, had you let this go.

Do you what you like with me, ban me from further participation. I do not mind. But do not harm everyone else in the process.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

I'm confused as well. Toarobot asked me for a screenshot of my PM folders, and I consider that asking way too much, as I'm very protective of my privacy.

However, he did not force me to do it and if I were someone else, I may have went along with it. ...Depends on the host and the people involved, I guess.

But firstly, before this is gets way out of hand, let's remember that this is just a game.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

The thing I am most made about is the specific message. Screenshotting interactions and all is fine, but sending a specific message to me for the sole purpose of clearing innocence is GM interference in my eyes. If you sent me a PM asking me to give you roles, I would not give you them, and that specific message thing was very similar.

The Protalgif thing is my way of punishing you for wanting the specific message. I do not care about the methods you used to gain that information, but your posting of it allowed me an easy way to punish you for sending me the specific message.

As for the rule being made ex post facto, to me, what you did was similar to outright asking for information on roles, which is something nobody would ever do. To me, you are using me as a way to check if people are Mafians.

Now, I will not take away from the enjoyment of other players, and I realize my punishment for you was a bit harsh. My ban on voting for Protalgif is removed.

As for this:

Do you what you like with me, ban me from further participation. I do not mind.

I can't do this. I would have liked to, but I cannot. Here is section of the G&T rules:

That is, the host cannot "ban" players from the game and cannot otherwise reprimand players - that is the job of the G&T staff. Therefore, if you are having problems with a player, please contact me or one of my Assistants. It will then be our duty to take the appropriate action, if necessary. This is not to say that a host cannot politely remind players about the rules, however.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Just throwing in my two cents but this game hasn't exactly had standard Lloydtiming. Standard Lloydtiming is a dead player acting as a proxy for the village aligned roles. This was far more excessive, Google forms, pressuring people to do this or that, constantly asking for screenshots. Most of just don't have the time or will to do that. Honestly it does sort of drain the enjoyment because, like Pulse said, this is just a game and I don't want to deal with that hassle just to play.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I thank you for reconsidering your decision.

As far as screenshoting "interactions" being acceptable, but having a player send you "a specific message" for the "sole purpose of clearing innocence," not being acceptable, I fail to see the distinction. That message and your reply would both be "interactions," and players instructing other players what to do in their PMs to the host is standard practice.

For example, Punished Snake is dead because I instructed a player to shoot him. I also asked that player to afterwards provide a screenshot of his PM to you with the shooting action. Now I know that player is innocent. Likewise, numerous players earlier provided me with screenshots without my request and on their own accord of their statements and questions to you and your responses acknowledging them.

I now realize that, to you, what I did was similar to outright asking for information on roles. But obviously I don't see it that way, and had no way of knowing you would. However, in light of this incident I will refrain from using this technique in this game again, or in any of your games in the future.

Onarax, I would disagree with your assessment of what constitutes "standard Lloydtiming," but I hasten to note that "pressuring" suspected mafians is an extremely common technique, sending screenshots is always voluntary (and only done when not prohibited by the rules, in this game PMing screenshots was explicitly stated to be acceptable) and I am not sure how the presence of a Google form, which arguably saves time and effort in the communication of information, makes it more of a hassle to play.

nban.jpg

As someone who's been having a large amount of interaction with Toarobot's VDAMMA services recently, I have to agree. It's not personal... the whole thing just kind of takes away the fun of figuring out who's who on our own, with the Pyro or Detective, etc. as in most other games. And I can just imagine what the Mafia's going through with all this... XD

Oh, also, I vote for Portalfig.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Wait a minute, I thought standard Lloydtiming went like this:

Step 1. Die. Be innocent. In most cases, be Lloyd.

Step 2. Ask Detective + Medic + other village roles to come forward in a PM.

Step 3. Work together to deduce identity of the Mafians/Mafioso/Hunters/Makuta/Barraki/Piraka/Other Enemy Roles

Step 4. WIN/FAIL. Winning is preferred.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Pulse, that is true, except that there are no Detective, Medic, or any other village roles to work with in this game, besides each villager's one-shot capability, which has mostly been used up. Additionally, the villagers I am doing the most amiable work with are not the players objecting in the topic, for the very good reason that the players posting so far are all suspicious to me for one reason or another. However, I will cease the defense of my actions now, and encourage everyone to return their attentions to the game itself through voting.

nban.jpg

Uhh wow I don't have time to read them all so I will kist vote myself because appearently that means we win...?E: quite frankly I don't understand what you mean by makin the game unfun, Canis. I made some bad plays in the PM that trapped me in a corner, and I had no way to get out of it with my current time restraints that I have this week. So I confirmed my mafian-ness in a desperate ploy for safety. I don't see what is bad about this at all...

Edited by Protalgif

Issues such as this one have problems on both sides. TR18 and Canis have both made mistakes with regards to this situation that were inevitable, and I know this because I have been in that position myself. As a Host there isn't really any "right" way to deal with something, so while refusing to allow players to lynch someone they believed to be guilty was an overly hasty decision (and wisely revoked), I do lean towards Canis in this matter. He was dealt a bad hand and used it to the best of his abilities.

Edited by Tex