Comic Book General Thread

Hodor

Comics book thread, since the last one was dead and deleted in the server back up.

So what's everyone reading, monthly series wise? The only things that I've been making an intention to pick up monthly are Afterlife with Archie, Ash and the Army of Darkness, and Samurai Jack.

Afterlife with Archie has no right to be as good as it is. It's honestly one of the more effective horror series I've read (though that's limited). Unlike the other big 'famous company character AS ZOMBIES' series, Marvel Zombies, there's no humor so far- where as MZ was a very, very dark comedy full of off-color and morbid humor.

Ash and the Army of Darkness is Evil Dead. I love the movie trilogy, and I'm pretty much going to buy any comic with the words 'Army of Darkness' on its cover. Haven't read it, the new Reanimator/Army of Darkness, or the third issue of Hack/Slash VS Army of Darkness yet, though.

Samurai Jack is just fun. Cartoon was great, and the comic's first issue was fantastic too.

hElbrZ6.gif

I haven't really read any monthly series but I'm in the process of reading "Batman: Death in the Family" which is pretty good. Plus I really liked "Kingdom Come" which has AMAZING artwork, love Alex Ross' work. The only stories I have read are from DC, I really haven't read much of Marvel admittedly but I think they have some comics.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Kingdom Come is probably one of the finest comics DC has released.

The first Marvel Zombies bordered on perfection, and then it had one good sequel and the rest was nonsensical.

-Tyler

I have to disagree. The sequels were all, at best, 'eh'. The prequels, however? Now those were some great stuff- especially Dead Days.

Really do wish DD was a mini, though. Feels like Kirkman had to compress it to prevent it from eating into MZ vs AoD's sales.

hElbrZ6.gif