Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC: PurgatoryPurgatory shrugged, "Though that group of Skakdi are strong, and they work together like a pack of vicious Rahi." he said. "I was only defeated becuase they did not allow me to fight one on one." he said. "Perhaps it would be best to leave this place, they are not our kinds of people." he said. OOC: Yeah, he's interested

IC: The Pyro"Yes, perhaps it would be best," The Pyro thought, though for different reasons. Nobody except this Skakdi head come his way; he needed a more high traffic spot like, Xa-Koro. "Before we leave for my intended destination, which I think to be Xa-Koro" he said, "I have business at the Place of Shadows." His minion Londar had made a foolish attempt to construct a mountainside cave fortress. For some odd reason, he had been able to complete the muster point in less than a day's time, but it was (never mind the pun) a castle in the air. He decided to go to the Place of Shadow and try to talk Londar out of this foolish pursuit. It would be up to this new recruit whether to accompany him or to go and cause a ruckuss somewhere...OOC: The Pyro to Ko-Wahi. Welcome to the Forces of Nature, Flex Nard

IC: PurgatoryPurgatory nodded, "After you then." he said with a sadistic grin. "Xa-Koro sounds like a wonderful place. Plenty of people like us, and if someone looks at you wrong you can shoot them first and ask questions later." he laughed. "Place of Shadows? I am unfamiliar with this place, but it sounds tempting." he said. He trotted off after Pyro, "You never told me your name, or asked mine either." he said. OOC: Purg and Pyro to Ko-Wahi

IC:As Tosp's flaming axeblade came flying towards it, the creature, clearly not a Matoran, tried to move out of the way. But as it attempted to move, Kythera's pistlo-shots hit the thing right in the area of what had been the chest on the Matoran. They tore straight through the armour, the thing screeching in annoyance. Kythera had interrupted it, but her attack did little more than to further annoy the being...until Tosp's thrown axe hit it in the side.Black liquid sprayed out over the grass as the metal embedded itself in the black goo. But it was not the physical injury that had an effect, it was the fire. The thing hissed and screeched, until it managed to pull it out with one hand. It tossed the piece of the axe down on the ground. And as it did, the thing started to abandon the Matoran form it had used as a disguise up until now. the black goo it seemed to bleed suddenly burst from underneath Matoan armor-plates. More and more of it, enlarging the creature, giving it two long clawed arms and strong legs and a tail, until it stood a head taller than a Vortixx. It was a black slimy mass, somewhat resembling a bipedal lizard. "Time to play." it growled, a wet and disgusting sound born somewhere in the depths of the creatures body.Tupua readied his scythe again, The thing lunged at the tallest Toa, who parried the first blows, using his skill and experience. But the creature was relentless. He knew it would land a hit eventually and he didn't look forward to that at all. Meanwhile, Taipo's mind raced. He desperately tried to figure out a means to destroy this creature, this solid shadowy mass. Until a sudden realisation hit him: The fire had hurt it. But to be more precise: the light from the fire. He stood behind his three companions. "Guys, wee need a lightstone! Any of you have a...hurk"The Toa of air was cut off in mid-sentence. From behind him, out from the brush, a mass of shadowy tentacles errupted. They were too fast and too many for him to dogde. Within two seconds, two had wrapped around his neck, squeezing his throat until he thought he would black out. More were wrapped around his arms and legs and some around his torso, immobilizing him. When Tupua rolled out of the way of another attack of the first shadow-creature, he could only see his brothers head and a few pieces or armor in the mass of tentacles."Taipo! No!" the Toa shouted. He was about to start running, when something sharp suddenly pierced through his back. The area left of his right shoulderblade exploded in white-hot pain as the claws of the shadow-creature dug through the armour and into his flesh. Tupua screamed, in pain and anger. And then the creature tossed him aside. The Toa hit a tree at the side of the clearing. Stars errupted into his field of view, as he could only watch as Kythera and Tosp were further beset by the long-armed monster, while the mass of tentacles pulled a struggling Taipo into the thick brush of the surrounding jungle.OOC: Not as long as I would have liked, but you guys deserved a post to keep things moving.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC(Tosp): Mata Nui! What is this creature?!Tosp swung his claymore towards the monster's tentacles, using a block and slash tactic to drive it back or kill it. One of the two. Even with his mask on, Tosp knew he would lose most of his energy before this fight ended.

WIP

IC: KytheraThe Vortixx dodged, rolled, and slashed, often all at the same time. It was only thanks to her species gifted speed that she was able to dodge the creature's blows for so long, but Kythera didn't know how long that would last. Even while fighting for her life, she was planning. Light, the creatures reacted strongly to light! They didn't have any lightstones, but it helped to have a Toa of Fire handy."Tosp!" Kythera called, slashing at the long-armed creature once again with her knife. "More fire, we need light!"Desprately hoping said Toa had heard, Kythera pulled out her shortsword, after having placed her pistol back into its holster.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:As Tosp swung wildly with his clymore, the tentacles did their best to defend themselves. The Toa of fire drove them further back towards the brush, the black boneless apendages always blocking but never trying to land a hit of their own. Somewhere from the black mass at their center he thought he could here Taipo shout something, but the sound was muffled by the twisting and turning tentacles. It made him paused for just a split-second. And then, the tentacles struck. As if two might fists punched him in the chest, Tosp was knocked back, flying a few feet, before landing on his back. His chest was throbbing, but he wasn't seriously injured. His head rocked back up, immediately focusing back on the tentacle-monster, but it withdrew into the undergrowth immediately...taking Taipo with it.But he could do nothing, as Kythera called for him to aid her. Tupua was still on the ground, opposite of the first monster, hissing and exchanging blows with the Vortixx in the middle of the clearing."More fire, we need light!" she called out, desperation starting to seep into her voice.Tupua gritted his teeth. He felt like death, but oddly enough, he didn't feel like any bones were broken. What in Karzhani did the things want? Why hadn't they killed him? Then he realized clearly for the first time, that Taipo was missing...as were the tentacles. They had taken his friend, his team-mate...maybe killed him? Or just kidnapping? He didn't know. But they were after them, that much was clear."No..." the Toa grunted. He had only been able to watch...but right now, there was something he could do, to prevent his other companions from sharing the same fate as his brother. Exhaling angrily, he pushed himself up with his arms, propping himself up onto his knees and elbows. His hand traced its way down his side, until it found the pouch strapped tightly around his thigh. The edge of his vision was blurry still, from the impact against the tree, but he managed to open the leather-flap. Reaching inside, his fingers rummaged around, until they finally found the cold, hard edges of what he was looking for."Kythera!" he managed to shout, raspily, holding up the lightstone. "Catch!" With that, he hurled himself forward, tossing the stone into the air, hoping the Vortixx would catch it.

OOC: I'm getting these guys started back up again...I really enjoy writing as Viloz.IC: VilozPurgatory's leave left the group silent for a moment, a couple of individuals glaring at the Skakdi as he disappeared from view. Their culture was barbaric, crude and very unforgiving, leaving little room for mistakes if you're going to pick a bone with anyone. Several different forms of punishment ran through Viloz's mind, some from peculiar memories, other he'd devised himself, each much more cruel than a mere ten lashings. Needless to say, Purgatory got off easy and right now and that wouldn't sit well for his punisher's reputation. Viloz didn't care.The dull throbbing of pain in his chest snapped him back into reality. Whatever looks his companions gave Viloz, he ignored them as he bent down to scribble in the dirt with his finger. "So, we done sitting around here waiting for some other tool to wander into his demise by pure coincidence or we going to get to doing whatever it is we're doing? Last time I checked, we were hunting Makuta's little piggies and failing miserably at it, sucking on our thumbs since it makes our teeth look better apparently." he said, back to being bored out of his mind. "You know what I say we do instead of chilling around twenty-four seven until mommy decides on something and I feel like taking a head for a nice evening roll?"The question hung in the air for a moment, waiting for Viloz to clarify what he'd intended to say. He was busy drawing a smiley face."Go on, guess! It's not that hard! Rhow, you're 'mommy' by the way. You can pick who daddy is. I personally volunteer."OOC: Considering there's going to be a big war with the ILS and FoM, the Horde should get involved I say.

Edited by Mr. Wade

IC: Iraanus rolled his eyes. "We don't have time for this, Viloz - like you said, we've been standing around doing nothing for too long. Now, I'm open to suggestions, but if it were up to me, I'd say we spread out. Groups of two, so we can use our elements to signal if we find something. We're looking for a caved-in section of cliff, the Toa said. Should be near a bunch of knocked-over trees and disrupted earth. You find it, you signal. The rest of us get there as soon as we can, et cetera and so on. Hopefully Taoki and Kahlynn are done with their hunting by then, they find us. If half of Kahlynn's boasting is true, he's one karzahni of a tracker, so hopefully he'll be able to pick up a trail." He glanced around the group. "Anyone got a better idea?"

Q2TtLEz.png

IC:Rhow snarled. "Might wana be careful, or 'mommy' will teach you a lesson." The Skakdi stepped into the middle of the group, looking around. "Two thing learned today, folks: You don't have to look very hard for trouble..." she announced, loudly, "...and little Viloz here can hold his own in a fight. But that's not the job we're here for. We didn't count on these bozos being here or that flase grinner raining on our parade. Speaking of which, I don't want to seem the get away next time. Leave mercy to the Toa."She turned around herself, looking at each of the group, before resting her eyes on Iraanus. "Back on topic. We're here for your informant and his little Makuta-cult tale. We're here to stop them. So, since were here and can pick up the trail: Where do we find those followers?"Rhow crossed her arms in front of her chest. She had given Iraanus the lead for this job, since he was the one with the intel. Personally, Rhow would have gladly just gone and left this rotten temple where it was, but they had agreed to do this, so they would go through with it. But Iraanus was the one to point them in the right direction.OOC: Okay, ninja'd...but this fits in rather nicely if you think it happens right before Iraanus speaks up...so mentally insert that here please. And I will keep writing in the meantime.IC:Iraanus' answer was more than satisfying. "Nope." Rhow said, with a grin. "Best plan I've heard all day." She looked at Viloz, wiggling her finger, signaling him to come to her side. "And you're coming with 'mommy'." she said, slugging him in the arm playfully. "Let's move."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC: VilozInstead of exclaiming his excitement and joy in the form of a witty remark, Viloz suppressed a groan when Rhow gave him that little hit on his arm. When you slug someone playfully, it's usually without pretty smooth and painless. That doesn't translate to Skakdi playfulness and it just so happened it was the shoulder that was bruising from the earlier fight. He faked an exaggerated smile to his companions as the pair began trailing off, mouthing the words 'killer arm' before completely disappearing from sight."Little Viloz? I thought I was the big man of the family. Of course, that's probably just my inflated ego having delusions of grandeur." Viloz mused, making small chit-chat. "If you don't mind my asking, what led you to the forming of this group? I already know your motivation but I guess what I really want to know is what you did prior to the forming of this band of merry Skakdi. Don't tell me you were a peacemaker: that's my job, not yours."

IC-Destian:Destian stood back, quietly watching the proceeds of the discussion. It seemed they would argue amongst each other quite a bit...but they were Skakdi. It was natural."If we are going with that plan," he began, "I shall stand by Iraanus. Regardless of what we do, we should do it quickly. The air is buzzing with the thought of battle, and not just from us. This island can feel it-war is coming. And we'd best be prepared for it."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: CimondCimond sprinted towards Ko-Wahi. He had heard of a shrine of Makuta was on the Ko-Ga border, but he had never bothered looking for the place. Cimond didn't mix well with most other Makuta followers, but the area around his camp had been overrun by worshippers of Mata-Nui, so he had no other choice.(Cimond to Ko-Wahi)

Edited by DoctorCouch

IC: KytheraSeemingly without stopping the flow of her dodge-slash movements, Kythera whirrled around and in one smooth motion, dropped her knife and caught the lightstone. Continuing on with the spin, the Vortixx dropped to one knee to dodge a blow, before pointing the lightstone directly at the dark creature.Kythera was vaguely aware of everthing else around her, as she was hyper-focused on only her opponent at the moment. For a short moment, however, her mind wandered, and she was reminded of a device she had encounted on her home island. The weapon had fired lightstones, and Kythera really wished she had such a weapon now.She snapped herself out of it, and held the lightstone a bit higher.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:"Normally I'm able to dodge this question," the Matoran said with a little smile. "But, then again, most people are not as direct in asking it as you are, Joske. My name is Takua."The darkness had known it. Known it.It crackled and flexed, as much in self-satisfaction at its correct guess as in disbelief that the Chronicler had survived so long undiscovered. The darkness saw the whole island; yet, somehow, Takua had slipped under its omnipresent eye. That Matoran was a clever one, and the darkness hadn't been fast enough in snubbing him out. In the moments of its victory over the First Toa, the darkness had been euphoric, and in this elation, its guard had slipped. The darkness lashed itself for its former carelessness.It had been Takua who had stolen from the Vault, the darkness was now certain of that much. What was was even more enraging that the Chronicler, a mere Matoran, had managed to slip into the Vault, deepest of safe places, without the darkness even sensing an anomaly and managed to hide what he'd taken beyond the darkness' reach. Yes, that Matoran was very clever. The darkness should never have believed its servants who, days after Takua had escaped the Kini-Nui with his little companions, relayed that the Chronicler had been killed. The darkness should have been more thorough, it should have expected tricks. Then again, perhaps dismissing Takua as dead was forgivable, considering the darkness had been mightily distracted elsewhere at the time. The games he had played with the First Toa had been all too engaging. Yes, the darkness reassured itself: the affair with Mata Nui's "champions" could not have waited, whereas Takua could be dismantled at any time. Indeed, now that Takua had brazenly revealed himself, the darkness intended to act swiftly. Takua should not be allowed to continue meddling, the darkness was certain of that. Knowing that the Matoran had been assembling a new group about himself pointed to only one goal: a prophetic goal. The darkness could not give the exiled Chronicler a chance to use that which he had stolen...Or... perhaps it could. The darkness rolled and oozed to itself, a sudden idea inflaming its utterly black essence with the rapidity of epiphany. But the darkness quickly snuffed this forming plot; it was a risky plot, and the darkness was loathe to take risks. No, the safest route would be to eliminate the Chronicler, and to do so quickly.The darkness summoned forth six of its hunched, spiny sons, and sent them out onto the island with that mission in mind - and with orders to bring back the Chronicler's body this time. As the hunters jogged off, the darkness returned to its contemplation. Takua may have evaded the darkness for a long time, but he would not remain alive for much longer. OOC: For my (and your) reference, the Kronicler-Killers are Rahkshi of: Shattering, Elasticity, Illusion, Quick-Healing, Dodge, and Sleep.

test2.png

IC(Tosp): Tosp leaped on his feet, one hand holding his Claymore, the other checking for broken ribs or the like. He could feel the bruising, but that was all. Upon hearing Kythera call for fire, Tosp lifted his hand and a pair of giant fireballs went flying forward.

WIP

OOC: Wraith and Seventh from Ko-Wahi IC: Wraith - Outskirts of Kini-Nui -Wraith had climbed cliffs, roughed through thickets, and crossed a river or two as he relentlessly approached the temple area of Kini-Nui. The fact that his left arm was bloodied and bandaged and therefore useless, or the fact that he was carrying Seven on his shoulder, didn't make this task any easier. Once he was finally able to see the main temple in the distance, in all it's glory. Wraith decided that it would be a good time to rest. Under a large tree he put down Seven gently, and then collapsed himself, exhausted.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Wraith - Outskirts of Kini-Nui -Wraith's eyes lit up as he awakened, how long he'd been out? He wasn't sure. It had been long enough, perhaps too long. They needed to get moving...Seven probably didn't have much time, her only chance was to get the mark removed, and that was at the temple...he knew they had to be close. Wraith grunted heavily as he lifted Seventh up with his one good arm and slung her on his shoulder again. He began to march toward the nearest structure. One of these must be the temple entrance, now he just had to pray that the help he sought would be there.

Edited by King Snelly

IC: Wraith - Outskirts of Kini-Nui -Wraith could move no longer, he felt to his knees, putting Seventh down carefully, the situation was becoming seemingly hopeless. The Mark Bearer Temple was in fact not in Kini-Nui as Wraith had assumed, it was in fact somewhere in the Kumu Islets, but Wraith did not know this, even if he had, neither of them were in any condition to survive the trip. Wraith wondered which one of them would die first, would his arm bleed him to death? Or would Seven die from her time running out? Wraith was about to just give up when something shown brightly in the corner of his eye, almost blinding him. He looked toward a small cave entrance, just barely inside was some kind of golden object..Wraith moved closer to get a better look, he could hardly believe it...It was a golden cactus...

OOC: Of course we should.IC: Iraanus let out a low whistle as he and Destian emerged from the foliage, surveying the considerable damage before them. Rhow and Viloz were conversing casually a few bio away; evidently they’d been the ones who’d sent the signal they’d seen a few minutes ago. They stood near the edge of a cliff, a large portion of which had fractured and caved in on itself, creating a sizable rockslide. As the two Skakdi approached their companions, the ground at the base of the cliff came into view, and if anything, it looked worse for the wear than the cliff – the earth was torn up, trees had been uprooted, and scorch marks dotted the terrain.“Think this is the place?” Iraanus asked rhetorically as Rhow and Viloz took notice of their arrival. The other three murmured agreement. As one, the Skakdi raised their fists, unleashing bolts of plasma, water, and electricity into the sky. “Let’s hope the others get here quick,” Iraanus commented. “We’ve wasted enough time as it is.”

Fortunately, they didn’t have to wait long; Taoki, Kahlynn, Sookus, and Mortis all arrived within fifteen minutes of each other. They briefly traded stories – apparently Sookus and Mortis had made short work of a Nui-Jaga they’d run into, and Kahlynn and Taoki had “dealt with” the being they’d pursued, though they neglected to say more. That was fine by Iraanus; all he wanted at this point was to get moving.“All right, then. Kahlynn, you’re the tracker here. They must’ve left some kind of trail – we need you to pick it up.”OOC: tl;dr - The Horde have regrouped and will be setting off as soon as Kahlynn can pick up the Makuta Followers' trail.

Edited by Arc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: KahlynnKahlynn cocked his head slightly. "Weelll, 'trail' isn't the word I would use; any non-tracker could've picked it up, but before we..." he spared a glance in Taoki's direction. "Dealt with them, me and Taoki squeezed some information out. There's been rumours of a Shrine to Makuta on the border between Ko- and Ga-Wahi, and that there's been gatherings there occasionally." Maybe with pet Kane-Ra or something awesome, the Skakdi thought absent-mindedly.

OOC: Thanks for your patience people!IC:Rhow took a few steps towards the others, until she stood next to Iraanus, arms crossed. "I agree." she said. "Let's head that way. If we find Makuta followers there, we can deal with them; if not, we can burn the shrine down." She looked at the others in the group, before turning to Iraanus. "I'm ready to move when you are." -------------------------------------Kythera watched in disbelief as the creature of shadow that had assaulted relentlessly up until now suddenly halted in its movements. It actually seemed...afraid? That seemed hardly possible for a creature such a this. But it definitely seemed to recognize a risk and became suddenly cautious. A mistake, as the momentary distraction was just what Tosp needed. Both his fireballs found their target. The monster screeched as the light hurt it and the fire started to eat away at it's body.Kythera took a step back, as the temperature in close proximity to the being was starting to become unbearable. She wanted to move further away, but she was stopped when her back bumped into something hard. Turning her head, she saw it was Tupua, limping and one hand clutching his side, but grim determination in his eyes. He took the lightstone from her hand. Moving as fast as his aching body allowed, he approached the dark creature. With three running steps he hurled himself forward, fingers clutching the lightstone.The creature, still on fire and shrieking, turned to face him. The next moment, he rocketed his arm forward, ramming the lightstone directly into the creature's forhead. It screamed, lashing out with its clawed arms uncontrollably, knocking the Toa on his back.Shudders started to run the length of its body, as it began to convulse. It sunk to its knees first, blackness dripping from its burning back like tar, almost as if the thing was melting, then collapsed in on itself.The two Toa and Vortixx continued to watch, until the flames died down, leaving a black mess on the grass.Tupua sat on his knees, shaking slightly and breathing heavily. He looked up at Tosp and the other Toa could see that the normally ice-cold expression had been taken from the Aitua's face. For the first time, he looked vulnerable...haunted, even. And as their eyes met, the dark Toa spoke. "We must find the others..." he said, almost desperately.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Moving from Onu-Wahi region...IC: The catacombs were long and winding. In random places, jagged rocks jutted out of the walls, waiting patiently for just the right person to walk by. The darkness completely draped the Infected Toa. Despite this, he knew the path perfectly, and the silent but deadly Rahi that swarmed these caverns back away in fear of the Makuta's servant. After several minutes of walking through the mysterious underground maze, Ronkshou found himself at one of the smaller gates to Mangaia. After waiting but a moment, Ronkshou passed through the gates.------------"I see you have made great progress, my brother"Ronkshou sat on a bench against the stone, archaic wall. He was situated inside the Makuta's training chamber, made specifically for the likes of Ronkshou and Heuani.Today, and actually, for the last several weeks, this chamber has been in heavy use by Dark Toa Vidar. Ronkshou continued to sit on the bench and watch as the Dark Toa of Air completed his three-hundredth push-up."To not progress is to die," replied Vidar. His tone turned dark, "What gives you cause to be so surprised?""Remember why you're down here, Toa," Ronkshou responded nonchalantly. He knew that his inquiries aggravated Vidar, but the Infected Toa did not care. Vidar was here, in the far reaches of the Makuta's Lair, because he was safest here. The Makuta could have killed Vidar for his failure to carry out the murders of the remaining members of the Chronicler's Company. Instead of dying, Vidar was banished here, and given an opportunity to redeem himself.However, it was only one chance, and it was Ronkshou who put his own existence on the line to get Vidar just this one chance from the Makuta. Any more failures were reflect very badly on the Infected Toa. Ronkshou, naturally, wanted Vidar to be fully aware of that at all times. He heard Vidar grumble as he finished his session. Vidar rose to his feet, thousands of sweat beads dotting his entire body."You need not worry about me," Vidar growled to Ronkshou."I must," Ronkshou replied frankly, "If you succeed, I succeed, but if you fail...""You are but a slave. Despite what you believe, you are, in fact, incapable of disappointing the Makuta," Vidar spat, "The only way that you can fail him is if you lose that precious mask of yours""This attitude will not get you far, my shadowy brother," Ronkshou responded, void of emotion, "I beg for you sake, try harder"Ronkshou rose from the bench and made his way towards the exit of the chamber. Soon, the day would come when Vidar would be released to the surface again. Ronkshou took nothing personal from this -- he only followed the Makuta's will, which was to force Vidar to be ready when that day comes. Ronkshou looked back at Vidar before disappearing into the shadows, "Always try harder"

Edited by Altair of Assassins Creed

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:Tupua had been sitting on his knees for several minutes, recuperating from the intense fight. He still felt like death, and the kidnapping of Taipo didn't help that any, but he couldn't afford to delay. He forced himself up on his feet, looking at Tosp and Kythera. His expression had returned to almost normal, except for a darker shadow that seemed to have fallen over him. "We must find the rest of my team...they need to be warned.""Warned?" Tosp asked.Tupua nodded. "The traces Kehua left, Taipo gone...I sense a pattern here. If this island wasn't so deeply infected I could probably locate them, but it is hard to find individual shadows when they cover the entire island.""Which is the closest village from here?" he asked his two companions.

IC: Wraith - Outskirts of Kini-Nui -Wraith grabbed the golden cactus, uprooting it. He decided to be courageous and test the plant's juices on his wounded arm. He felt a stinging sensation at first, but then bleeding on his wounded arm began to slow to a halt. It was still gonna take time for his arm to heal, but the juices of the golden cactus had certainly helped. He wondered if they could help Seventh...He poured a bit of cactus juice down Seventh's throat, hoping it would help her in some way.

IC: Wraith - Outskirts of Kini-Nui -Wraith felt his strength a bit renewed from the golden cactus, and lifted up Seven onto his shoulders once more. He remembered something about a mark bearer temple in the Kumu Islets...it was a long way to go, but it was Seven's only chance to survive. He began his march there. OOC: Wraith and Seven to Kumu Islets. I don't care how far away it is that's where they're going! D:<

IC:Tupua nodded. "Then we must try there." he said, starting to walk in the direction Kythera had indicated. The Vortixx and Toa could see the Aitua was definitely shaken by the encounter, his legs still a bit shaky; but his resolve remained unbroken. He wanted to save his brother. And for that he needed the rest of his team. Moving as quickly as their exhausted bodies permitted, the trio moved through the forest, deeper into the jungle, heading south towards the village of air.OOC: Tupua and company to Le-Wahi.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Why do we fall?Ronkshou stood in a barren, featureless room -- a perfect rectangular stone prison.Prism. Rectangular stone prism.The sole object of interest in this dark gray abode was a chain-connected elliptical bag, filled with different metal components. The bag itself was lined with a thin layer of metal, and the metal components inside were arranged in a way that roughly resembled the Toas body.Ronkshou breathed in deeply, and began his rounds on the punching sack, sending forth jab after jab...It was funny how the mind worked sometimes. Given the duty, the Toa’s brain could do so much, and so much at one time. Some would call this insanity, and who could blame them? Insane is what you called a mind so powerful that it was a threat to others, and maybe even a threat to its user. Normally, it would be unfortunate for the mind to go beyond its bounds; something so powerful needs to be controlled by its reins. The only problem is that what controls the reins? The soul? Maybe. Perhaps that would explain why the spirit can sometimes have no bearing on the mind.If another spirit is in charge, then the mind will yield to its new master. Even worse, it will make the original soul watch.And this is what Toa Ra’lhen did at first, day after day. He watched the pain that his mind and body inflicted, the chaos that his mind and body ensued, and animosity that his mind and body garnered.Did this disturb the Toa? Actually, no it did not. That was the thing: Ra’lhen couldn’t be disturbed.All his life, Ra’lhen believed that strong feelings were propelled by the soul. The emotion of courage, determination, and love were thought to come from the heart. This apparently was only half true. The spirit sent these feelings, yes. But it needed the brain to acknowledge them and actually give a sense of feeling to the body.After a century, Ra’lhen realized that this was why he could never overcome the mask that sat on his face. When Ra’lhen became a slave for the Makuta, his body was the first thing he lost. After decades, the Toa felt his emotions, feelings, and opinions be locked away. He couldn’t get mad. He couldn’t get sad, and he couldn’t get disturbed or disgusted. His spirit sent these feelings, but his mind tossed them out, accepting only the feelings sent by its master, the dark spirit of the Makuta.It was a feeling worse than being trapped in a body. Ra’lhen didn’t just lack a mouth and have an urge to scream.Ra’lhen lacked the urge to scream.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Veros from Ta-KiniIC: VerosI stepped out of the forest, my hood shielding my eyes from the sun. There it was. Kini-Nui. The Great Temple. The place where the Toa were last seen. "It's been so long," I murmured. "I forgot the beauty of this place."

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Veros"I think calling 'nice' doesn't do it justice." I walked past Atonal to the bridge, crossing it quickly to the temple proper, to the Suva Kaita.They descended here, and they never returned. I ran my hand across the cold stone. "What if the Toa are just trapped down there?" I wondered. "What if they need to be rescued? That they're waiting for six heroes to save them, so they can return and purge the darkness from Mata Nui once and for all?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: [Atonal]"I don't know," said Atonal, following. "As much as I hope that it could be possible for us to go down and save them, logically we have no chance of rescuing them. They were THE Toa, and they still lost."The Toa of Ice shook his head."But thinking so pessimistically wouldn't help. Maybe one day we'll be able to save them, but ... I doubt we can now."

IC: VerosI didn't respond, moving away from Atonal to sit down and look out towards the forest. He's right though.I can't deny that. I looked down at my hand. They were the Toa, and they still lost. What chance would we have at rescue?"Tell me something Atonal," I said, wanting to change topics. "If I'm prying, you don't need to answer. How did your wife die?"

BZPRPG Profiles