Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC:"You seek a group of six Matoran who call themselves the 'Wanderer's Company;' they believe they have a prophetic mandate to relocate certain objects that were taken from our master," said Heuani. "Their exact location cannot be traced, but they were last seen in Xa-Koro by one of our spies. Find their trail, follow it, and bring them back."

test2.png

IC: Utu - Kini-NuiUtu nodded again, tilting his head, "I happen to have but one pair of hands. Will I be accompanied on this mission?"He could probably manage if he put his mind to it, but it would make things extremely difficult to somehow have six Matoran under his control at once.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Utu - Kini-NuiUtu gave a final subtle nod, his head now on a level field again. He scanned Heauni's eyes again, still trying to find a way inside. He blinked again before turning around, checking where the sun was in the sky, minding the level of shadows it was currently casting. The Toa of ice looked back at the Toa of shadow who stood there as though he was expecting something.He turned away from Heauni a final time, walking south.He'd figure something out. He always did.OOC:Utu to Kumu-Islets

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: The following is a jam between Nuju Metru and myself. No battles, but it's still an interesting read; especially if you like what you've read so far in this topic.Also, I'm dimming Ronkshou's color so I don't ruin this wonderful jam with searing hues.IC: Vidar’s reptilian form trudge across the dry, dusty stone floors of the meeting chamber. In a far corner, Ronkshou leaned comfortably against a flat wall, arms crossed. He watched Vidar’s gradual acceptance of his newly attached Parakuka in amazement. Everything that was said about the creatures was true – not even Vidar could resist them.It made Ronkshou all the more thankful that the Makuta gave him a mask instead.The Parakuka on Vidar's back hissed and flexed a little against Vidar's back, causing him to snap his gaze around in time to see a form emerge out of the darkness of the subterranean chamber. Ronkshou, on the other hand, hadn't sensed anything; clearly the Parakuka had some awareness he lacked when it came to detecting Makuta's other servant, the one he had only spoken to a few times, who always had such an aggravatingly superior air.Ronkshou twitched slightly from the sudden entrance, though he had tried his best to hide it. He never feared any of the other servants – he never even feared death. As such, it had always angered Ronkshou when his self-preserving body would tense up as it just did. He loathed letting others think that he was capable of possessing fear.Heuani noticed, as he always did. The other two could hear his lips part in the darkness, sense the warmth of his smile. It made Ronkshou's hackles itch, but made the Parakuka relax. Vidar, somewhat at the will of the slug, loped over towards Heuani, and bowed. Heuani ran his finger along the slug, and it convulsed, deepening Vidar's bow.“I like him better this way,” Heuani cooed as he gestured for Vidar to rise.Before, the Dark Toa of Air was arrogant, and refused to yield to anyone. Now, Vidar was more like the Infected Toa. The Rahkshi-looking Toa rose to his feet as commanded, as did Ronkshou’s whose mask had beckoned him to bow as well. While Ronkshou never wanted to admit it out loud, he enjoyed the Toa of Shadow’s presence. He inspired an even mix of fear and security: no one could kill him as far as Ronkshou knew. “So do I,” Ronkshou responded in his low, rumbling voice, “He’s as ready as he ever will be”Ronkshou took a couple steps towards the two servants, “Speaking of which, what should be his mission now? Should we finally go after the Makuta’s treasures and return them? Or hunt down the Island Liberation Squad leaders? Whatever you ask, Vidar and I will get it done with ease”“With ease, perhaps not,” Heuani replied. “But I am sure that your joint recognition of the alternative to success will push you towards that end.” The Toa of Shadow put his hands behind his back. “Only minutes ago, I dispatched a new servant; a Mark Bearer named Utu, after the Wanderer and his ducks on strings... Our master would like for you to follow him, and be prepared to step in the event of Utu's failure, or the event of his betrayal, and finish the job. If your inferior discretion leads you to believe Utu is faithful, you may show yourselves to him and aid him directly; but keep your eyes open. Bring back the Matoran alive, if possible, and be sure to take the Stones away from them.”Vidar listened intently to the words of the Dark Lord’s lieutenant, and his face remained as a blank slate, matching the features of the chamber walls. The Toa seemed to show no true will of its own, only following the will of Heuani. Ronkshou was also more subdued than he normally was. It was a feeling rarely felt, and the Infected Toa wondered if this was only felt by those who truly showed devotion by wearing an infected mask or bonding with a Parakuka. Deep down, however, there was a sense of defiance, a rage that built up but could not break through the airtight seal placed by the Makuta. This rage was instead, filtered through Ronkshou’s mind, and making him think seriously about the quest that Heuani had bestowed upon them.“With respect, Heuani, are you sure it is wise to try and bring in the Matoran alive?” asked Ronkshou, “They are weak compared to us, but they are also stubborn and annoyingly swift at times. Why bother bringing them alive at all? We can kill them once they have all the stones, take the stones, and return here with the stones”“That’s a last resort!” hissed Vidar, for once siding with Heuani, the being is used to hate before bonding with the Parakuka , “No sense in waiting when we can cut them off first and learn the locations of the stones ourselves”“Indeed,” Heuani said. “The longer we wait, the more dangerous the Wanderer's Company will become. They clearly know where the stones are - perhaps they have a map, or perhaps they were told - and if we can extract that information ourselves, then recovering them becomes easier. We need them alive in case they hold secrets.”Ronkshou nodded slowly, “Very well”There was a short pause before Vidar chimed, “What of Echelon? He’s ambitious, but very powerful. As you know, he helped us remove Hafu, and even helped me slay Tamaru”“If we are to seek him out, it should be only to keep an eye on him,” Ronkshou uttered, to Vidar’s surprise, “He seems like a good ally, but like Utu, his loyalty will always be questionable unless he’s either infected or bonded with a slug. I don’t think we need him, but I do feel we should watch him”“I thought I’d had him killed,” Heuani pondered, “But no matter, it's nothing we can't fix. I trust Echelon about as far as I can reach with my fingers. If you see him again, get rid of him.”Vidar couldn’t help but shiver as he looked over to Ronkshou, who was equally perplexed. The last time Ronkshou had seen Echelon was at the Makuta shrine in Ko-Wahi, but he had heard rumblings from Rahi and other spies that Echelon might have been engaging the defenders of Pala-Koro. He did even know that he had apparently been killed. If Echelon was indeed alive, Ronkshou would have to figure out how he managed it before killing him again.“Very well, Heuani,” Ronkshou said, bowing slightly, “We will gather our things and take our leave tonight”“Do you have any suggestions on where to start searching?” asked Vidar.“They were last seen in Xa-Koro," Heuani answered. "Follow Utu there.”“It will be done,” hissed Vidar, “We shall not fail our Master!”Vidar and Ronkshou beings turned and made their way towards the large, stone door, their steps rhythmic and cold. ---------------The dark servants of the Makuta gathered their supplies and were now walking through one of Makuta’s caves that Matoran and Rahi did not dare to trespass. Vidar had brought with him a full round of javelins, along with a canteen and food, as well as his signature claw staff.Ronkshou had brought with him an apparatus that could be used to further secure his infected mask during battle. However, the Infected Toa currently had it tucked away in his backpack, as to attach it required a deal of pain and Ronkshou only wore it during battle. He had had food wrapped away in a cloth slung over his shoulder, bouncing next to a full canteen of water. On both sides of his waist, his Proto-Knuckles were hanging, reflecting the stars and the moon in the night sky from its polish.No one knew this, but Ronkshou’s physical aptitude depended on the emotions of the inner consciousness, the thinking entity that believed it could never break itself from Makuta’s imposed prison. An elevated mood from the inner consciousness meant that Ronkshou was a better fighter. For self-preservation purposes, the consciousness forced itself to respond accordingly, so that what usually made it cringe, the consciousness enjoyed. Now that it was out on a quest, Ronkshou could feel his strength and mood elevating.After traveling through the cave in silence, Vidar decided to speak up as they passed through the mouth of the cave and until Vidar’s natural domain: Le-Wahi. From there, they would continue to the Kumu Islets.“Do we… actually have to kill Echelon?” Vidar hissed softly, as if the Toa of Magnetism could be anywhere.You don’t have to. I’ll do it myself,” Ronkshou said with no hint of remorse falling from his lips, “Heuani wants him dead, and the Toa had a nerve to cheat death? No, Echelon must fall. Heuani demands it”Deep down inside, Toa Ra’lhen would grin, if he could.OOC: Moving to Le-Wahi region.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Pae - Kini-Nui Outskirts"I never said I cared about him," he said to Kino, his voice low, using Kino to balance himself whenever he felt he might falter, "Our troops have thrown themselves to him too much, considering his own motives," his voice flat, Pae finished, "In fact, I feel we may be better off without him."

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: (Kino)"Sorry if it seemed like I was implying that. I think the group respects him greatly given his past. That support he garners from the main group is only reason I would allow him to remain the figurehead of the FoM. Zenix however can still be a capable replacement to him and I believe he is truly devoted to Makuta...whereas Echelon left before Heuani showed up, probably to fulfill his own goals." She muttered. Giving Pae the support he needed as they made their way down the side of the cliff."Preferably, I would place Zenix in control again. Simply because we could control him easier than Echelon. That and I think Zenix leans more along the lines of a true believer, rather than an opportunist like Echelon." She whispered. "We will see how our lord and Heuani react. If Echelon is removed, the group will need a new leader. To hold it together."

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC. Kini Nui. In a burst of wind, a tall, muscled being appeared beside the other two. His canines glimmered, though bloodstains were evident. He was obviously tired. Kyju had sweat pouring down his face. He was instantly recognizable, and though he appeared feral, they instantly associated him with the intelligence he had already shown the group."Zenix is weak-minded. He is a fool. In all ways, Echelon would make a better leader, and yet he must die. It's unfortunate." He sighed, the gears turning in his head. He considered every part of the given information. Echelon was finally meeting his doom, and yet he was the only one Kyju even considered close to his intelligence. It truly was something to mourn. And yet, he wouldn't, of course. That would be useless."He has no place leading our group, even if you think you can manipulate him. I was hoping he'd die. I may have to kill him. You want him to lead us?"He shook his head."Oh, am I interrupting?"

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: AurumKyju appearing in front of Aurum easily allowed him to join the conversation. "Weak minded or not, it means our opinions matter more. Which is less apparent with Echelon, who always seems to be a....self opportunist." That, and if we do something wrong, it's the leader who usually gets a smack.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC. Kini-Nui.Kyju didn't move. He simply mirrored the Toa. His eyes bounced around, analyzing Pae. He noticed the threat in his glance, but refrained from anything but a bored stare.One hand began drifting to his sword hilt over his shoulder.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: AurumSeeing the standoff, he couldn't help but notice - and perhaps realize - that warriors of the darkness never seemed to work well together. "Calm down, both of you," He said, "We should never fight between ourselves. Especially here. Unity, while being one of the virtues, is also one of the things we need the most. I am sure even Makuta knows that." As he said that, his hand reached to hold back Kyju's reach to his sword.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Pae - Kini-NuiPae whipped his hand up, assisted by his Kakama, snatching the Toa's hand."Pae."Pae blinked for a moment before shoving Kyju away, he looked at his colleague hard, reading him. He turned around and started walking again. Pae wasn't sure why he had pushed towards him. He just didn't like people getting into his business, especially when speaking with Kino. He didn't turn to speak, but just continued, "Makuta will decide if Echelon lives. Not you."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC. Kini-Nui.The tall being didn't budge as Pae threw his hands against him, rather akin to a stone wall. Not that the push had been intended to truly force him back. He flicked the Toa's hand away."Don't touch me."Pae began moving back, walking away. Kyju simply crossed his arms."Make no mistake. I do not care for Echelon. It is just that I care for the group as a whole. It needs stronger leadership."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC:Didn't ignore you, Pae just wasn't acknowledging him.IC: Pae - Kini-NuiPae didn't disagree with Aurum.There seemed to be a lot of infighting in the group, smaller skirmishes mostly like the one he just had with Kyju, nothing too serious really. He didn't say anything, as usual, preferring to stay silent.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui Path)Being near the back, I witness the scene between the fool whose name I don't know, our ex-leader, the Toa she had tried to flirt with, and another being I don't know much about. They're arguing over Echelon.I hear the moron refer to him as an 'opportunist'. I alone know why Echelon is truly a part of this.He has no illusions about Makuta. He follows him because he wants power, and he believes that Makuta's is the path that will lead him to it. Does that make him less supportive of Makuta than the others? No. If anything, he's more invested in it than any of us.Speaking of being invested, I wonder where the Fe-Matoran is...I speed up slightly. If I reach Kini-Nui faster than the others, I can warn Echelon ahead of time.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: AurumThe sound of footsteps suddenly travelling a bit faster caused Aurum to look in the direction of Xerov. Strange. He had saw the matoran before the fight, but during the fight, nothing. Aurum had assumed he'd been killed.Thinking back, Aurum had no knowledge that Xerov was with them when they retreated the battlegrounds. He simply seemed to have popped out of nowhere.....OOC: I'm pretty sure Echelon is simply at the head of the group instead of at Kini-Nui, but I might be wrong. :P

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: (Kino Iho)"Make no mistake my concern has always been for the welfare of this group, my allegiance to Makuta, and his goals, all that overrides any personal ambition I have. Now congratulations, you have an opinion about what I think. Everyone else here does too, I support Echelon's leadership, only because his skills as a leader have managed to hold the group together thus far." She hissed, angry that Kyju had stepped into a conversation that wasn't his concern. Well actually it was. "Our master, Makuta and his lieutenants decided whether any of us have been effective and faithful. So it is not my place to judge, neither is it yours." With that Kino turned on her heel, still carrying the Le-matoran on her back and helping Pae.Kino looked at Pae, it was clear, at least to Pae what she was saying in her eyes and on her face.We need to talk, away from the group.OOC: Let me state that it seemed like Echelon was far ahead of the group. In my defense he had already been heading towards Kini Nui and was making the transition before anyone else did. He just didn't post here yet. Then again I guess he could be right here. Kino and Pae were actually trailing fair behind the main group thanks to Pae's injuries.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

OOC: I see.Although I don't see a post by GH confirming that, but whatever.IC: AurumSeeing as the conversation has ended, he walked off ahead.OOC: I see.Although I don't see a post by GH confirming that, but whatever.IC: AurumSeeing as the conversation has ended, he walked off ahead.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC. Kini-Nui.Kyju simply nodded to Aurum and moved along to his own efforts, greeting a Toa of stone. The Toa bore a Kakama, and two wrist blades hung from his arms. He was small in comparison to Kyju, though most were. They spoke in whispers, as it wouldn't be particularly desirable for anyone else to know of the conversation."Did your team secure what I asked?""Of course.""And the guards?""Why do you ask?""Forget it. When do you think you can get it to me?""It might take awhile. It's not exactly easy to transport. In the meantime, I offer you this as a consolation prize." He retrieved a wrapped package from his coat and handed it to Kyju.Kyju unwrapped the top and looked inside. As soon as he did, his eyes widened. He nodded, wrapped it back up, and put it into his pocket."This will do. Now go. Quickly."Kyat became a blur as he activated his mask and disappeared. Kyju smiled. His loot from Pala-Koro would arrive soon. He already had a crucial bit. All was according to plan.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: I've been at school all day. Yes, Echelon's ahead of the group because he levitated down to the valley floor, whereas everyone else had to take the long way down by a path.IC (Echelon)The trees thinned around Echelon as he emerged into the clearing that held the Kini-Nui. Echelon narrowed his eyes. The morning sun shone from off to his left-hand side, bathing the temple in golden hues. A beautiful mask for the black horror that dwelt beneath.The Dark Toa was about to ascend the temple's steps, when he head running footsteps behind him. He looked back, to see a familiar blue Matoran approaching him in a hurry; something about his body language suggested urgency."Xerov," Echelon said, with his usual clipped tones - though there was the slightest...softness to them. Echelon sounded almost glad to see him. "You're alive, I see. Is there something you wish to tell me?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)I slow as I reach Xerov, breathing a quiet sigh of relief."Xerov," Although Echelon is speaking just as he usually does, there's something else in there that I can't quite make out. "You're alive, I see. Is there something you wish to tell me?""There is unrest among the other followers," I explain, keeping my voice quiet to avoid being overheard; "There is a new arrival, who spoke of removing you by force, and a few seem to be less than satisfied with your leadership. I thought you might want to know."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: IraI continued to hurry along the path. Cutting past everybody else, I picked up the pace. I could feel something big was going to happen and I didn't want to miss it. Even if nothing did happen, well, the early bird gets the worm, and besides, I had nobody to talk to. Although Kino and Pae's conversation was interesting, to say the least...

Edited by Constructman

IC (Echelon)Echelon sighed in exasperation."Those bickering fools," he hissed. "They think I want leadership? I only stepped in because they were too incompetent to lead themselves! It took Heuani himself to get them moving without me, and even then..."He rested his eyes on the Matoran once more."Did they say why they were displeased with my leadership?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Echelon)Echelon was silent for a moment. Then he laughed mirthlessly and disdainfully."Fools," he said. "They project their own qualities onto me...and, of course, they will never understand Makuta as I do, nor exactly how and why I serve him..."He turned, and began to ascend Kini-Nui's steps."It is no matter," he continued. "If Miss Iho wishes to lead the group, she is welcome to. My desires are not so provincial."The two Juggernauts stopped at the top of the steps as Echelon strode out across the great flat edifice. Reaching the centre, he grasped his staff and slammed its butt downwards with a loud CRACK of metal on stone."O Master of Shadows, hear me!" he cried. "Hear your humble servant Echelon, for I would speak with my Lord!"Kino and the others might not believe it, but he meant every word. Echelon's devotion to Makuta was absolute, though some might not see it; for he knew the truth.

Edited by Ghosthands

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)"They project their own qualities onto me... and, of course, they will never understand Makuta as I do, nor exactly how and why I serve him..." But I do.I watch as Echelon climbs the steps, staying back. Slightly curious, I take a step forwards as he summons Makuta, and then another, so that I will be able to see clearly what - if anything - happens.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Feongulf [Followers of Makuta]~Feongulf walked further ahead then most of the others, trying to catch any of the conversation ahead of her that she could. Xerov's reappearance had been almost as surprising as the fact he hadn't rejoined the others immediately after the battle. Somehow Feongulf doubt desertion would be something Makuta's servants would be please with. And losing the only other being with some semblance of sanity be too her liking, whatever the Dreamer thought. Over time she started to grin beneath her mask as as snippets of both conversations helped her piece together the situation. Internal squabbles seemed the best way to cause the Followers of Makuta to collapse, aiding the Order's goals. On the other hand, time may not yet be right for th-Her thought where disturbed by the sound of Echelon's voice. "O Master of Shadows, hear me!" the Dark Toa cried. "Hear your humble servant Echelon, for I would speak with my Lord!"The sounds made Feongulf shivered, bumps running across the skin within her armor. Every matoran in all the Koros had hears fell tales of the Master of Shadows, and even one as jaded as she was still harrowed by the idea of seeing him in the flesh, or whatever he had that passed for flesh. She shook her head and stepped over to Xerov, her eyes still focused on Echelon."Hello again," Feongulf says to Xerov. "Somehow I doubted we'd see you again."

Edited by Javert

OOC: Will state this: he is a good bit (fifty feet) behind them, but he can hear them with his species's advanced hearing.IC. Kini-Nui.Arrogant. Foolish. Ignorant.These and other words came to mind as he followed behind the two. Having sped up, he was simply in earshot and had not caught up with them yet. He had a ways to go before he could talk to them without shouting. But in the meantime, he could hear them talk. As soon as Xerov started talking, he wanted to groan. When would they realize that being a follower of Makuta didn't neccesarily mean obnoxious snitch? After that, just about everything Xerov said came out as "Ooh, Echelon! Look what these fools said about you! Will those foolish fools every cease their foolishness! Ooooh, Echelon!"He knew he'd made a mistake openly expressing admiration for Echelon. He was being grouped in with the likes of Kino and Pae simply for doing so. Making sure Echelon didn't want leadership had literally been the first thing he'd brought up. Not that Xerov would bring that up, of course. The two stopped, but Kyju continued towards them. He was still a ways back. Echelon lifted his staff and hit it against the ground, yelling something. Kyju tilted his head."I don't think he can hear you."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)I smile slightly as I notice the Fe-Matoran, but it's cold, unfeeling. "As did I. But as I told you before, this is a place where I don't get asked too many questions. Shortly after I left I found myself regretting it."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC. Kini-Nui. Having a Little Faith.Could it be? Could this Necromancer truly summon Makuta? Something like that could truly change his philosophy on being a Follower. Then again, this man was doomed as it was."I'll give you that. Now show me something incredible."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.