Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC: Zauk

There was thud, the sound of something heavy hitting the ground. He couldn't see, his ears were ringing from the huge thunderclap, and it felt as though the ground was shifting underneath his feet. His arm was numb from the dicharge of power, even with his electricity-resistant form, he wasn't completely immune to such power coursing through him. His vision was beginning to clear slowly, the world around him resolving into a fuzzy blur of colors. Zauk frowned deeply as his vision didn't improve. A spike of terror cut through his primal rage. Never before had he used his elemental power is such a controlless way, and it was quite possible that he had damaged his own sight from it.

No, wait.

The world around had teal tint to it, and it took Zauk a moment to realise that acage of crystal surrounded him, distorting the area around him. Even with the distortion, the Toa of Lightning could make out a gruesome scene. There was a line of charred plantlife from where he was standing, his electrical attack having fried everything in the area. At the end of the line was the being's mount, obviously killed instantly from the overload of electrical energy. Death himself was a few bio away, dead. Even through the clear substance, Zauk could make out his charred corpse, his armor melted and organics burnt to a crisp. A gaping hole was in place of his chest. The bolt had hit him directly. To say the least, it was not something Zauk wanted to see.

He tore his gaze away from the smoking body, and focused ont he cage surrounding him. He didn't have enough elemental power to weaken the structure like before, and so the only way out would be through force. Gathering his mental energies, Zauk focused the power of his Kanohi onto the wall of the cage, pouting as much power as he had available into a single telekinetic force. He could almost feel the pressure building up on the crystal. A hairline crack appeared. And another. He shook from the after effects of adrenaline leaving his body and the mental strain put on him. The crack expanded, spiderwebbing out from the centre. Suddenly, the wall of crystal exploded outward, showing the area with the shattered material.

Zauk stepped out of the cage, is eyes once again fixed on the burnt body of the Toa of Crystal.

After a moment, his eyes fixed themselves on Aurum, and from that glance alone, it was clear he didn't know what to do now.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Aurum

"Well...you killed someone. Anger is one of the things - and killing, too - we Followers of Makuta are probably infamous for. Truth is, though. I don't like it. It's pointless. But it's my duty. If you're here to learn from your experiences, learn this: Death is never good."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: (Kino)

"My friend here speaks the truth. Just because we are servants of Makuta does not mean we like killing, does not mean we enjoy it." A voice said from behind Aurum and the newcomer. It belonged to a Toa of Air, slightly shorter than the two Toa but imposing in her own way. She had steel grey eyes that had a warm, welcoming glint to them. The armor she wore was light, and it clung tightly to her figure, she currently carried no weapons. She strode closer to the two Toa, almost gliding in how gracefully she walked.

"I must apologize for seeming so rude, my name is Kino." She smiled, it was disarming the way she smiled, friendly even. She looked to the dead Toa and frowned.

"I am sorry you had to stain your hands with blood. I remember my first time, I remember how much it weighed on me, pulled at me. Makuta taught me that sometimes killing is necessary, sometimes the threat is too great. Sometimes people are just meant to die, like that strange Toa. I'm sorry if I seem to be waxing poetic, you came to Kini-Nui seeking guidance, did you not?"

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC-Kalen:

"It seems I was being somewhat hasty to leave," Kalen muttered, having watched the short spectacle. His eyes slowly turned from the dead body to Zauk, looking him down, and Zauk might rather quickly notice that Kalen's gaze was more perceptive than most; he could likely deduce the truth of Zauk's current condition.

After a moment he strode forward, looking the infected man in the eyes.

"The power is there," he muttered, seemingly not paying attention to the odd look he was getting from Zauk, "Yet the control seems to have lost itself in the heat of battle. That is not good." He thought for a moment more.

"Perhaps I shall speak to you soon, no? But you must have business to take care of first, for the Makuta. Please, that is more pressing. Continue."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Zauk

The shock at what he had just done began to sink in. Zauk was horrified at what he had just done, killed the man in cold blood, without regard to his life. He had wanted to badly just to hurt him, to gain some sort of revenge on what the island had done to him. He had wanted with all his being to destroy the Toa of Crystal, to rip him from this existance and force him into the void. To gain some kind of sick pleasure of getting back at what the island had done to him. What shocked Zauk the most, what utterly stopped his thoughts cold, freezing his rage faster than a storm in the Drifts, was that he had enjoyed it.

His internal struggle wasn't visable on the surface, and the Toa of Lightning just continued to play the lost, amnesic, and obviously disturbed, infected Toa of Lightning. His rusted and pitted Kanohi rotated towards Kino and the Toa of Air appeared. He listened with half-lidded eyes, as if still high on the rush of battle. Internally, he took a step back and reconsidered what the Karz he had just done. He could play the infected Toa, and if that meant killing, then so be it. Slowly, "Akuz" nodded, but otherwise didn't seem effected by the thoughtless killing.

"He needed to die, he was in my way," he spoke slowly, as if afraid that he had done something "wrong".

The Karz I did something wrong. Aw Karz.

Slowly, his eyes focused back on the body, and he made his way over to it. Reaching down, he picked up a piece of armor from the dead Toa, one that wasn't entirely scorched from his intense electrical attack. His head tilted, "Akuz" studied the angled upper arm plate intently, before strapping onto his own arm. Seemingly satisfied with the trophy, the infected Toa turned towards the other Toa of Lightning speaking.

Zauk didn't like this guy's look. He was in deep now, there was no way in Karz that he was blowing cover now. Slowly nodding, "Akuz" made his way over to Kino and Aurum, more drifting than walking. He didn't look back at the smoking corpse.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Hey guys, I'm back! Just a note, Feu is pronounced like few and Eau is pronounced like yo.

IC: Feu and Eau

Feu and Eau arrived at the Kini Nui just as the battle ended. They looked from the charred corpse to the several beings standing at the temple.

"It looks like we're late." Eau said, and his sister nodded.

"Oh, Karz. I was so looking forward to some action." she huffed, and Eau shrugged, leading her to the temple. They climbed the steps slowly, and when they reached the top Feu was the first to speak. "Hey there. Are you guys friendlies?" she asked, and Eau put a hand on her shoulder.

"Do you feel it, Feu? The force is stronger here. The Makuta's will flowl freely from this place." he said. Feu frowned, and nodded.

"Yeah. Hey, you guys! Look here, I want a straight answer. Do you serve the Makuta, or oppose him?" she demanded.

OOC:....You're just asking to be killed. In any case, thanks for killing Death. Now we won't have 2 Death-horsemen on the island in 2013. Ace of Skullz/The Pale Rider, you act very much like me when I first joined this game, back during 2011 when it just started.

Have fun!

Aurum was still fooled by Zauk's act, fully believing him to be Akuz. He understood, exactly, what the Toa had done - and probably how much internal turmoil he was in. But the truth was, Aurum wanted to guide Akuz. Walking over to the Toa of Lightning, he shook his head. "No....he wasn't in your way. He was defeated long, long before he even began the fight; and he was running away. Which means....."

He looked Akuz in the eyes. "There's a part of you that needs to be controlled. Over time, I think you'll learn to do it subconsciously, but for now, try not to, er, torch people just because of anger."

No wonder our master sent him here.

Feu and Eau's disrespectful talking caught the Toa of Iron's attention. Turning to the two newcomers, he smiled, widened his hand, and said, "We follow the one who we believe is correct. Now, please. Keep disrespect to a minimum...or I'll be forced to do it myself."

If they were asking for a fight, they got it.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Sorry. I'll go.

IC: Feu and Eau

Feu looked like she was going to say something, but Eau cut her off.

"We mean no disrespect. My sister and I are merely humble travellers." he said. Feu gave him a look, but he used his mask of telekinesis to keep her mouth shut. "We will be going now." he said, and dragged his sister down the steps. When they reached the woods Feu hurled a fireball at her brother,who waved it away with a water bubble.

"What the Karz, Eau! One of those guys had an infected Kanohi! They're our allies." she snapped. Eau shook his head.

"No, Feu. When you serve the darkness, not even it is your ally. We will be wise to stay clear of them for a time, until we are more familiar with this island." he scolded, and Feu frowned.

"Eau, we've been here for months. I think we're pretty familiar." she replied. Eau simply turned and walked away, Feu following close behind.

"Feu, we've been in hiding all of those months. We know nothing of the people of this island, nor the alliances that have formed before we arrived. We could be two against a million, and until we are sure, we should lay low and observe." he answered, and Feu made a whining noise, but she knew her brother was right. The two disappeared into the brush, leaving the temple and those around it behind.

IC: (Kino Iho)

"We have spent too much time idling here. As a result the cohesion this group once experienced has now weakened considerably. I will busy myself with two things, one of them establishing a much more solid organization. In the meantime perhaps you should travel to Po-Koro, besides Ga-Koro and Ta-Koro, that place is hotbed for criminals of all kinds. Aid the people, get them on your side, and if you must go under the guise of a Follower of Mata Nui to keep yourself safe, do so. Our lord understands that your alleigence belongs to him." She replied, her arms crossed, her metallic grey eyes narrowing as she thought on the various methods. The Church still needed to be built, but that mission was one for her and her matoran ally, Cimond. "I ask that you do not follow me when I leave. Instead travel to one of the other Koros and establish a foothold, make yourselves the only option to turn to." She replied. "Do either of you have anymore questions for me?

There was. Aurum knew that this wouldn't be the last time the Followers of Makuta would once again have to reunite - there were people too stubborn for that. Nodding, he asked to Kino, "Yes. Should we need to once again come together....do you know how? Or when?"

But even as the sentence came out, he already knew that it was a redundant question; They were at a stage now that knowledge of the future was, truly, lacking. But he knew that somehow, everyone still alive would find themselves back together, and with some new faces. But that day would came later, and he would enjoy in the peace for now - peace that he bears a burning hatred on.

He smiled, an small, inward smile to himself.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: (Kino)

"I do not know when, but I hope it will be soon." She smiled slightly, as she got ready to go. tossing on a grey cloak to cover her body, it was fastened around her neck with two interlocking rings. She pulled the cowl up over her head. "If I do not call upon you, Echelon and the others, possibly even Heuani will. I wish you two well, may Makuta's shadows shield you from the light." She said softly. Too much time had been spent, their cause had languished, but now, now it was time to bring change to this island. Make it the way it was supposed to be. Her first stop, Ta-Koro, her weapons would need to be sold off and her mask would need to be switched out for another. In the next few days the women known as Kino would disappear and the woman who would win the minds of the people, The Priestess, she would come into her own.

OOC: Kino to Ta-Koro.

IC: Aurum Aurum's transformation was, unlike Kino's, not only easier to perform but quick to adapt and change to; as a Toa of Iron, he could easily 'remake' his own body at will. But how he did it was entirely different; Instead of changing his mask, he added metal pieces which fit on it to change it's shape. Instead of relinquish his weapons, he could simply hide them; his twin Katar's easily attaching onto to his shoulders and falling down his back, which he then 'wrapped' in a cloak made of metal; This took more time, as it took strands of delicate creation to have it weaved correctly. Finally, his armor changed shape, from it's curvy, sleeker original form to become a bit more bulky, almost as if his legs were encased in engraved metallic cylinders. To strangers, he looked far less menacing than before. Turning northwards, even as his metal cloak began it's slow weaving, he spoke to Akuz. "Unless you have something else to do here...I suggest you come with me."

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC Cael from Ga-Wahi

IC (Cael)

The last rays of the dying sun lit up the stone pillars of the Kini-Nui in red and orange, as though the great temple were on fire. It shone like a beacon, a torch set in the middle of the island, as the day faded, and night began to take its place.

Cael watched the sunlight fade from the edge of the jungle that surrounded the temple. Her journey had taken her several hours of hard trekking through the rainforest, but she was sure that Joske couldn't have caught up to her. By the time he surfaced, she would have been long gone, with no clue as to her direction or purpose.

She stepped into the clearing, and shivered. The temperature was falling quickly as the sun set; already, the red light was dying as the sun slipped lower beneath the horizon. The western sky was still blue, but the eastern horizon was dark.

A solitary star shone above her, the sole observer to the thing the healer was about to do. There was no one else to see.

The Toa of Water slowly began to walk towards the temple, the knowledge of what was to come dragging at her footsteps. Never before had the evening air smelled so sweet; never before had the sunset set the sky afire with such dazzling colour. And yet it also seemed to fade faster than ever before: the fresh breeze on her face became cold; the sunset faded swiftly, leaving a darkening sky.

Her steps made little noise on the soft grass. She was doing her best to avoid thinking about what was to come, afraid that she would lose her nerve, but she couldn't keep all of her thoughts silent.

She wondered what would happen. Would Heuani even appear at her call? She had little doubt that he would: what greater prize could he seek than the love of his destined enemy?

Would he accept her offer, or simply kill her on the spot? How could she know that he would uphold his end of the bargain of he accepted?

She didn't. She was surrounded by variables; there was nothing constant to lean upon, to take comfort in. Joske was gone; Angelus and Agni were gone; she had left her home behind. There was nothing now but the Toa of Water, the temple, and the darkling sky.

But it didn't matter that she couldn't be sure of anything. She was a healer until the very end: all she wanted was for Joske to survive. She had always been known as healer who would give her all in the service of her patients, as she had proved time and time again with Joske. From rescuing his broken corpse from the brink of death, to healing his frostbitten body after a duel with a Toa of Ice, her one goal had always been to keep him alive.

This, in a way, was just the natural progression of that goal. She would give anything for him to live.

Anything.

Even herself.

Cael began the walk up the stone steps that led to the central dais of the Kini Nui. The sky above her was dark, sprinkled with a handful of stars. With her time suddenly marked to end, it seemed as though it were flying by in an instant. Every breath that she usually took for granted was suddenly infinitely precious.

There was no moon.

She reached the top, and slowly walked between the four pillars of the temple, her footsteps sounding softly on the stone. It was as silent as the grave.

She was rescuing Joske from the grave, like she had many times before. But you could only cheat death so many times. Eventually, you would have to pay the price.

For Joske to rise, Cael would have to fall.

The Toa of Water lifted her eyes to the stars, taking them in one last time. She didn't know what would happen here, whether her sacrifice would be over in an instant, or agonizingly slow. Either way, this was likely to be the last time she would see the stars.

The familiar pinpoints of light reminded her of the night before (had it really only been the night before?) when she had fallen asleep under the stars with Joske. Her heart ached with longing: she would never do that again. She would never feel the warmth of his arms around her, or listen to his breathing as they watched the night sky.

But it would be worth it, if she could only save him one last time.

Cael bowed her head and closed her eyes, as if about to pray. And, in a way, she was. She was about to offer herself to the powerful one, the dark one, the one she feared and hated. In a way, he was a god. She could only hope that she would grant this last request.

She took a deep breath, savouring the cold night air, then let it out, the exhale carrying with it a collection of whispered syllables, summoning Joske's salvation and her doom.

“Heuani.”

IC:

A hand that moved like a sinuous serpent through sleek oil appeared from behind Cael and stroked her lower back, touching it with as much delicacy as a lone fly landing upon the skin. She initially flinched, knowing the identity of the hand, but found the long muscles near her spine became supple to the caress against her will. The fingers were deadly nurturing, the temptation of honey, and she could not willfully resist its sweetness for long. The charismatic hand moved around her waist to rest against her stomach, where it was joined by its equivalently persuasive partner. Cael felt Heuani's strong arms around her, and despite herself she was reassured by his solid embrace.

"It's a fine night," he cooed, holding her to himself and rocking a little from side to side. Cael looked behind her, and could hardly make out the face, though she felt it melt her trepidation; Heuani's visage was nearly pitch black under the soft, powerless starlight. One of his hands coaxed one of hers up just as the other spun her lightly, letting her pass under the bridge that their raised arms made. The two Toa faced each other, and Heuani held Cael's figure as though it was made of flawless glass. Now that she could see him better, Cael recognized that the starlight around Heuani's silhouette dimmed more and more the nearer it came to him.

"I know why you are here, sparrow," Heuani's voice said from lips she could barely see. Listening to him made Cael shiver. "I can't help but feel impressed." She felt his smile, barely resisted the urge to grin along with him. All her focus was devoted to suppressing her urges in this moment; Heuani did not make such an attempt easy. He leaned his head forward and brushed the tip of her nose with his. "I am very impressed indeed..."

test2.png

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water shivered at Heuani's voice: it was as smooth as oil and as rich as wine, drowning her in its soft cadence. His strong arms cradled her tenderly as though she were infinitely breakable; she fought the urge to collapse into his embrace.

He was her enemy; he wanted to kill Joske... these thoughts seemed pale and insincere in comparison to the black figure whose very presence seemed to cast a shroud over the stars. Truly, the rumours she had heard of his charismatic presence had not been hyperbole. Though she could hardly see him, what little she could make of his silhouette was perfectly proportioned; his voice was warm and sensuous, coaxing her to give in to him; his arms, though cool to the touch, were strong and secure.

Heuani's barely discernible face leaned forward until it filled her vision; he brushed the tip of his nose against hers. This touch threatened to make the healer's limbs give way beneath her. His dark eyes never wavered as he bared his perfect teeth in a a soft, achingly lovely smile.

Cael attempted to resist the temptation to smile along with him, but Heuani's aura was too strong. She felt her lips gently curve up, mirroring the Toa of Shadow's. She leaned into him, her lips seeking his-

No! The Toa of Water forced herself to abandon this approach; desperately, she tried to conjure up an image of Joske; he was why she was here; she needed to stay strong-

Reaching out with what little willpower she had, Cael sought the comfort of the water around her. She felt it in the shaded puddles at the temple's base; she felt it in the rainforest at the edges of the stone shrine; she even felt it within Heuani. As powerful as he was, his body still held water. This small revelation kept the healer awake; the feeling of some small power over Heuani instead of the other way around was enough to keep her wits about her for a moment longer.

“You- you know why I'm here,” she whispered, struggling and failing to keep the desire out of her voice. “So let's skip the pleasantries-”

She stuttered, her focus briefly lost as she lost herself in Heuani's eyes. It was only with a herculean effort that she managed to pull herself back out and continue.

“I want Joske... alive.”

IC:

"I expected a no less steep offer from one who bears herself as... proudly as you," Heuani nodded, his smile widening as his fingers moved to Cael's face. Their tips found her lips and stroked the plump surfaces with exhilarating ponderousness. "I can promise you, upon the dark between these very stars, that I will do no harm to Joske," Heuani said, looking into Cael's eyes with his own enigmatic ones. "Look into me and see my oath is true."

Like reluctantly retreating tides, Heuani's hands fell from Cael and he began to take a step away from her. Cael felt the pulsing urge to renew their physical contact and, after an instantaneous internal struggle whose end was inevitable, her own hand snapped quickly out to catch his sculpted forearm. What self-control was left in Cael winced, bemoaned her susceptibility to the Toa of Shadow's influence. Heuani's charming grin only grew: he knew that Cael was in no condition to bargain.

test2.png

IC (Cael)

Cael couldn't help herself; losing contact with Heuani was like losing a part of herself. As the Toa of Shadow slipped out of her grasp, she reached out and desperately grabbed his forearm, and plea for him not to leave already on her lips-

What little self-control she still had cried out against this; she wasn't on his side! They were enemies! But Heuani's smooth voice compelled her to move; his dark body was alluring, pulling her irresistibly closer.

The Toa of Shadow smirked, but this time, Cael pushed down the feelings of joy that tried to rise in response to the charming grin. Removing Heuani from her vision was almost physically painful, but somehow she managed to shut her eyes, immersing herself in darkness.

It wasn't much better: the darkness reminded her of Heuani. The Toa was as black as night, and the echoes of his sweet voice wound themselves like worms into her ears; she couldn't forget the sound of his voice.

She was going to fail. She couldn't hold out against Heuani's charm. She was like a sparrow hypnotized by a serpent; he had her caught in his gaze, and was now only waiting to strike. Her plan was ashes; she could hardly even remember Joske's face-

She had to remember.

It seemed as though she pulled it out of an eternity long past (had there even existed a time before Heuani?), but there it was: she was watching the stars with Joske. The stars that, if she opened her eyes, she would not be able to see.

She remembered the sound of his breathing, the feeling of his heart beating against her skin. He was why she was here. She wasn't here for Heuani; she loved a Toa of Fire.

She opened her eyes; Heuani's loveliness eclipsed her memories, as though he grew more alluring with every passing second. She lost her breath at the sight of his face, but her resolve only wavered. Slowly, fighting against the desire that flared with every heartbeat, she pulled the Toa of Shadow close.

She looked into his eyes; they were pools of endless night without stars, deeper than infinity.

Joske. Remember Joske.

The feeling of his arms around her, warm and comforting, unlike Heuani's cold limbs.

This is for you.

His eyes blazed with passionate fire, not arctic night.

I love you.

She leaned into the Toa of Shadow, their bodies fitting together as though they had been sculpted for that sole purpose.

“I will do... anything,” she said huskily. “For you to keep your word.”

IC:

Heuani's smile ended Cael's resistance. She could hardly control herself as she walked, rather than fully ran as she felt compelled to do, into his waiting arms. The darkness of Heuani's face was the last image that Cael saw clearly before she and the Toa of Shadow dissipated into insubstantial black, leaving nothing but stirred dust and disturbed puddles in their wake. At the pair's departure the stars, their lights ancient and uncaring, were immediately restored to their normal luminance in the moonless sky.

test2.png

OOC: Ah, BZPRPG time at it's finest. Well, I suppose Zauk didn't see anything...

IC: Zauk Marrihk [Kini-Nui]

The Toa of Lightning stood near the base of the massive temple, the monolithic structure blanketing the surrounding jungle in a long, cool shadow as the suns began to set. The twin orbs of brilliant fire sank deeper towards the horizon, the sky around them burning blood-red over the Endless Ocean. Soon, very soon, the last of the light in the sky would go dark, engulfed by the darkness surrounding. A small breeze picked up, the trees gently waving to it's ebb and flow. Leaves rustled, sending out a quiet noise around them.

Grass was crushed under plated leather boots that had gone from one end of the island to the other, boots that had seen more if the island than most beings did themselves. The legs that wore them were no strangers to the hardships, the teal metal that covered them scratched and dented from days of endless walking. The torso connected to them was powerfully built, broad shoulders showed strength, and the dark grey armor covering was peppered with small crystal shards. Two burled arms were crossed over his chest, one gauntleted hand curled around a metal shaft. At the end of the collapsible hilt was a scythe, an evil weapon with a wickedly curved blade. The weapon was one of two in the area, having belong to another being. Two orange eyes were downcast, staring half-lidded towards the ground at his feet. They burned from beneath a Kanohi that showed the rusted signs of being touched by Makuta.

While the mask of power was not actually Infected, the look merely a result of expertly applied paint, the teal-armored Toa that wore it wasn't so sure. The area around him showed signs of battle. Clusters of razor-sharp crystal shards were imbedded halfway into the earth, and even more littered the ground like green, shining flowers. The twinkling pieces of clear material almost looked like fallen stars within the twilight glow. Patches of grass were burnt to a crisp, the irregular, spiderweb-like patters a clear sign of the electrical attacks thrown about. Even the Kini-Nui itself did not escape unscathed, with the top of one of its four stone peaks having been broken off. The pieces of the stone tip were now scattered around the base of the temple, having been used as a telekinetic weapon. There were less-obvious remnants of the fight; trampled grass, scuff marks on the stone floor of the temple. Then there were the reminders that disappeared as quickly as they had appeared. The flashes of light and claps of thunder from electrical discharges, the ionic ting that lingered in the air after each fired lightning bolt.

But that was over, and in the end, there was only one left standing. A victor and a looser. Try as he might, Zauk could not consider himself to have won. Not after what he had done. The body burning next to him was proof of that. The fire cast flickering shadows across the area and bathed his battered armor in an orange glow. Burning the body was the least he could do. Later, when all the organics had been charred, and the fire no longer had fuel, only a husk would be left of the Toa of Crystal. The gaping hole in his chest would be indistinguishable from the rest of the remains, the last evidence that someone had killed the man burning away. The scythe being lazily twirled around in Zauk's hand had been this Toa of Crystal's weapon of choice, the scythe's twin was laying on the ground not far from the corpse. The blade was bent beyond recognition, and the extendable shaft was in two pieces.

Zauk had killed the man. Killed him with a bolt of energy to the chest. Killed him in cold blood. Killed him without reason. Simply because he was angry. He had killed a defender of Mata Nui, killed a Toa who had been fighting for the very same thing that Zauk was. To say that it had shocked the Toa of Lightning was an understatement.

Zauk had never killed a being in his life, and to have killed an ally...

It was all too much for him.

Kino and Aurum were long gone by now, Zauk himself having decided to stay near the Temple for longer. He needed to think, clear his head, think for the night. Given what had happened, it was going to be a long night. Zauk-

No, not Zauk. Even here, alone with his thoughts and the shadows that surrounded them, he still needed to be “Akuz”. Deranged Follower of Makuta. Keep up the act for as long as possible, perfect it completely. The problem was, even the Toa of Lightning himself wasn't sure if it was an act. After what happened, it seemed to be becoming an excuse. And excuse to blame something, to act out in anger, to hurt someone. Hurt them for what he was hurt for.

And there, a lost Toa of Lightning stood under the stars, a dying fire in his eyes, and a body burning beside him. The river only flowed one way, and fighting the current would only get yourself killed.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Joske from Ga-Wahi

IC

[Kini-Nui; night]

The world a blur, a warped representation of what it really was, nothing but streaks of color and light. The Kanohi Kakama proved to be a difficult mask to master simply that when used to its max the effects it produced on it wearer were unsettling at best, and incomprehensibly insane at worst.

And I'm pushing the upper limit of it.

My body jerked forward as I stumbled to a stop, stuttering to a halt at the base of a massive stone stairway. Breathing heavily I straightened my back, making a grand sweep with my eyes at the scene before me. Despite the darkness, the lack of light and moon, the monolithic structure was no less impressive.

The grand temple of Kini-Nui.

Situated above a ravine, whose breadth was spanned by the bridge joining the two halves of the temple, Kini Nui was possibly the single largest and most intricate structure on the island. On one side of the valley I could see the upper temple area, which held a tall temple with its four spires, at the center of it laid the Suva Kaita. Surrounding this area were the six life-size carvings of the maskless Toa Mata, the destined original heroes of the matoran... the ones who failed. On the other side of the valley I could see the lower temple area, in it I could barely make out the Amaja-Nui and a giant statue of a Toa Head, all connected by a stone bridge.The temple itself was situated in a valley, one that was difficult to reach. This valley was heavily forested, tropical plants growing all around me and on the various parts of the temple. In the darkness I could make out many tall, pointed rock spires that filled the area surrounding this sacred place. At the bottom of the valley, running between the two halves of the Kini-Nui, is a stream that turned into a waterfall not far from the temple. All this pristine beauty masked a much more sinister undercurrent of the place.

I closed my eyes. This is where so many things started... and just as many ended.

Cael.

I opened my eyes, looking at the ground, my eyes finally adjusted to the darkness. And now I could see it: footprints. Footprints in the damp dirt and bent grass that led up to the stone base coming out of the jungle, leading up the stairs. My heartlight beating in my throat I bent down and took a closer look at them, taking the few tracking pointers Angelus had taught our group over the course of the adventure. I was no master tracker, let alone jungle-bred hunter, but even I could make out some basic features of the prints: small feet, feminine shape, not deep... short distance between them. Hesitant. And they went right up the stairs.

Into the heart of Kini-Nui.

Mata-Nui, please, no...

I rushed up the stairs, following the slight muddy trail as I bounded up them three at a time, a knot forming in my stomach. This... this couldn't be happening. Yes, it was completely in his nature, but why would he steal her? Why now? It didn't make sense... especially the fact that there were only ONE set of prints. If Heuani stole her away, wouldn't there be two? Unless... unlkess he shadow-walked all the way, popping in and out to slowly lead her here, like a tame Ussal.

Oh Cael...

I felt sicker as I crossed the threshold into the central dais, the possibilities of what he was doing to her running through my head. No one ever came back when he took them. No witnesses. No survivors. I was possibly the only one who had any insight in his more personal pursuits. If he did that to her, destroyed her purity before horribly killing-

I froze.

The trail... ended. Simply stopped.

I dashed about the central dais, looking something, anything, that would give me a clue as to her whereabouts. Her tracks led here... then disappeared. Vanished. Gone. As if she had been...

I gritted my teeth, nostrils flared, looking very much like a caged animal. This... I... couldn't... why-

In this moment of self-doubt I was overwhelmed with that compulsion again.

In my satchel the six Crystals burned with light and power, compelling me to move in a certain direction. Without anything else to go on I offered no resistance, wondering if maybe they had a solution, knew where he had taken her. Like a moth to a light I slowly walked across the bridge to the lower temple area, my feet scraping the cold, chiseled stone. Eventually I came to the edge... and stooped.

Look down.

I did so... and saw nothing.

Or did I?

Deep down in the darkness I thought I saw something. The bottom of the ravine? An arc? A... door? It was was too dark to tell, but that might be an entrance to Heuani's Lai-

I moved forward, and was immediately repelled with a slight shock.

Initially I was stunned, not sure what had happened. Slowly I approached the edge again, trying to move past the lip of the stonework. Again I was prevented... by an invisible force. I pressed against it, and it pushed back. I slammed my fist of it, only to have it bounce back with an energetic sound. No, not just force - forcefield, just like the one created with a Kanohi Hau, expect that this was protecting whatever was down there from intruders. Like me. And it probably made a full circle all around, meaning there was no way around it.

Oh, that's just great. So now I know where to go but I can't get past the defenses-

Another image flashed before my eyes. The Ta-Wahi beach. A giant stairwell. A place to put the stones.

I blinked a few times, gazing down the hidden ravine. Perhaps there was a way to deactivate it? These visions were getting disorienting, but so for I was able to keep it together. After one last look into the bottomless black before me I turned, activating my Kakama once again.

Looks like I was heading back to Ta-Wahi. On a hunch.

Thankfully my hunches usually turned out correct.

OOC: Joske to Ta-Wahi

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:

The Kahu bucked under Agni and Angelus, the Rahi-bird not used to the sudden weight of two Toa after only carrying Matoran for years, but the duo managed to stay in the air well enough to follow Joske on his mad dash across half the island, albeit much slower than the Kakama-wearing Toa. Despite flying as fast as Agni could make the Kahu go, the trip still lasted about an hour for them, until they saw the valley up ahead. The Le-Wahi jungles had grown here on the very roots of the mountains of Ko-Wahi, following up the slope, until it suddenly opened into a huge clearing. And there, in the middle of a grassy plane that ended in a ravine, stood the Kini Nui.

Agni pulled on the reigns, slowing the Kahu down and pulling it into a circle for a low-angled landing, approaching the temple from the south. They touched down and the Kahu shook itself, eager to be free of its passengers. Agni and Angelus were happy to oblige and slipped out of their saddles quickly. No sooner were they clear of the bird's wings that it took off again, flying back west, to Ga-Wahi.

Agni paid no attention to the bird anymore, however, the two Toa of fire were solely focused on the temple. They slowly walked towards it, constantly looking around for signs of Joske or Cael and staying alert. The temple, despite its significance, was a dangerous place to be. It used to be a sign of the first Toa's victory over the Makuta. Now it was a memorial, a warning of the shadow's power, as well. Suddenly, Angelus held out an arm, Agni bumping into his elbow with his chest, stopping in his tracks. Angelus pointed to the ground. "There's tracks here." he said. Agni looked as well and bent down, tracing the outline of the footprints with his fingers. "Two sets." he added. Angelus nodded in agreement as well. He didn't need to look as closely as the guard-veteran to tell the tracks apart.

"The kid's definitely here then..." Agni said, heaving a sigh. They needed to be methodical about this. His instinct was to shout out Joske's name, calling him back, but what good was that going to do?

He turned to Angelus. "You're the tracker here, any idea where he went?"

OOC: Waiting on either Tyler or Tuck now XD If Joske reappears first, that's cool too.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Angelus broke his pensive stare at the tracks and then looked up at Agni, saw the worry in the Guard's eyes. He hated making Agni worry, but to be honest, there was really nothing he could say besides the truth. If Cael's footprints were to be believed, the Toa of Water had just vanished, and as for Joske...

"Well, from what I can discern from his prints before they got too light to track," he sighed, clapping his hands against his knees and standing up, "Joske was moving...about ten feet that-a-way."

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The Keeping Place had waited for a very long time for the arrival it had known would come. But the Keeping Place was infinitely patient, as solid and subtly mutable as a rock eroded by the wind... waiting was not an issue: it was, rather, a sturdy joy. The Keeping Place moved infinitely slowly by the rapid measure of the mortal lifetimes or the speed and savage bluntness of merely spoken speech. The small ones of the island were confusing in their hasty ways, but the Keeping Place regarded them with benevolence nonetheless.

It found itself sometimes using the mortal measurements, just to enjoy a good, complicated think: to be awakened twice in the span of one of the mortal lives, albeit a long one, was as active as the Keeping Place ever was... to understand that it had only been the span of years since last time it had been visited was a baffling realization for the Keeping Place to make. Nevertheless, it embraced these periods of activity, as they made the silence of limbo, the frozen plumage of the birds and the halted water of the gushing falls, all the more beautiful to ponder alongside.

But given a chance to do its duty, the Keeping Place sprung into action like a well-oiled machine; for all intents and purposes, Joske found himself standing in a jungle that very much resembled Le-Wahi, before a steep-sided ravine. Above him, forest birds winged despite the darkness of the near-midnight sky, and the roar of foaming white waterfalls, which caught the starlight like sequined veils, echoed calmly about. The sides of the ravine were strong, smooth stone. Joske peered over the edge, only saw rocks, shrubs, water. But on the lip of the side of the ravine on which he stood, the one opposite the waterfalls, something was much more interesting: a stone tablet positioned in the ground like a sign. On the tablet were carved various characters made out of scratched lines and dots. The Keeping Place provided this set of clues for those who could understand them; it of course knew the language of the fliers, and had taken more than a casual interest in the etymology of the words.

Joske did not know how he had gotten to the Keeping Place, but to even wonder this was a somewhat flawed line of thinking. Though he did not realize it, the Keeping Place was less a place than a location. Joske had been allowed to locate it, and so he had found it. This ravine was less a vista than a sight. The birds were less wings than flight, and the roaring falls were less water than current. It was all on the brink of mind, a location without a plane. That had been a description the Keeping Place had identified with for as long as it could remember, which was a very long time indeed: a location without a plane. Joske appeared convinced, though, that what he saw was true, and that was the intention. Joske fit the intentions of the Keeping Place.

The Keeping Place was less sure about the other one who had come with Joske. But since the Toa of Fire had made no outstanding note of the other's presence, as one would do with enemies, the Keeping Place could only assume that the passage of this second being into the space between was also intentional. Besides, the Keeping place had no worries; it knew that any who tried to go deeper that were not what they pretended to be would not be able to come back.

test2.png

OOC: Joske from Ta-Wahi to... here???

IC

[Location unknown; night]

Well, this ISN'T exactly what I remembered last time I looked down...

I found myself standing in the Le-Wahi jungle, before me a steep-sided ravine. Above me forest birds winged despite the darkness of the near-midnight sky, and the roar of foaming white waterfalls, which caught the starlight like sequined veils, echoed calmly about. The sides of the ravine were strong, smooth stone. Risking unbalancing myself I peered over the edge, only to see rocks, shrubs, water. But on the lip of the side of the ravine on which I stood, the one opposite the waterfalls, right by my foot, I noticed something that was far more interesting: a stone tablet positioned in the ground like a sign. On this tablet were carved various characters made out of scratched lines and dots. I faintly recognized the writing. But I didn't know exactly what.

In fact, I didn't know exactly what this place was... in any sense.

My first instinct was to connect this ravine with the one cutting through Kini-Nui; indeed, the shape, size, and even look of it fit the description. The problem was when I looked up, there was no temple - no massive rock structure, no towering spires... I wasn't there, yet I was. This portion of the Le-Wahi jungle looked familiar, yet didn't. In fact, that could be said for this whole place. I was here, now, and real, but in the faintest of aspects it felt surreal. It was as if all my senses were heightened, everything as clear as day despite it being night and dark. Sounds were clear and crisp; sight was piercing all-observant; feeling was exact and sensitive. I had a heightened awareness of me and now, of here and real. The only thing I could chalk up was that this was a locale along the ravine near Kini-Nui, this strange sensation I was experiencing was directly due to the Keeping Place and the strange powers of the nearby temple. So pulled my attention back to the here, the now, that stone tablet, and the long drop before me.

That tablet was the only matoran-made structure that I could see, which meant that it held great importance to this place. Bending down to take a closer look I studied the etchings, and after a while I finally understood why they felt familiar: it was bird-speech, the language of the fliers. Not that I understood it at all - the few times I ever had the unfortunate honor of speaking with Turaga Nuju that's all he spoke, so I had to deal with Matoro to understand the old one. Slowly I stood, gazing at the serene scene before me, my mind churning slowly. Here were a set of clues to guide me on this last and final leg, and I didn't have a single inkling as to what they said.

Or did I?

Something tugged at me, as if an understanding that was having an issue coming out. It was as if I knew what the words meant despite never having studied the language, but I had a wall, a barrier preventing me from grasping it. It was an odd feeling, the sensation that I knew yet I didn't. My mind continued to spin as I tried to-

That's it. My mind. I was thinking too hard. This wasn't an issue of the head.

It was an understanding of the heart.

I found myself laughing out loud. Throughout my entire journey it had never been about how smart I was, how intelligent my mind, how brilliant my intellect; it was all about who I was on the inside, the condition of my soul and heart, what I believed, and how I put that in practice. The mind never once came into play; it was all about my spirit. Each temple had a different challenge, a unique test, one that evaluated my condition from the inside out. As I stared at the tablet I reviewed the lesson from each temple:

Only those without wickedness can conquer it – the Temple of Courage.

Only those truly faithful can find it – the Temple of Faith.

Only those at peace can enter here – the Temple of Peace.

Proof of Riches – the Temple of Prosperity.

Only the most creative can unlock it – the Temple of Creation.

Only the pure in spirit can grasp it – the Temple of Purity.

Not all had been written on the doors, and I had never even visited one, but through the course of my adventure I had come across each line, every lesson required to gather the crystals. Each had a profound impact on my life, only now in hindsight did I begin to see the pattern. Each temple was preparing me for something, a final lesson that would present itself when the time came.

A test that laid at the bottom of the ravine.

In that instant I knew what the tablet said. Yes, I did not know what it read, I still could not understand the language. But it wasn't an understanding of the head that I knew - it was an understanding of the heart. My heart knew what it said. That's all that mattered.

I grinned; good thing I did something like this before.

I stepped back, jogging to the edge of the forest before turning around back the the ravine. I cracked my neck, stretched out my legs, took a runners position, then after mentally counting to three I took off, sprinting towards the ledge before jumping at the very last second, making a leap of faith.

I closed my eyes, arms outstretched as in the dark I felt the wind rush past my body, enjoying the sensation of weightlessness, completely confident that there were no sharp rocks at the bottom ready to tear my body limb from limb.

I disappeared over the edge.

Whiteness.

Pure, unadulterated, whiteness.

And within this whiteness was a door.

Stretching for as far as the eye could see was this infinite plane of white nothingness, the only object visible besides myself was a massive, stone door. Plain, uninteresting, yet absolutely absorbing at the same, I knew what this door was. It was the entrance to the Keeping Place. But not just an entrance... no, I had already entered when I was teleported to the jungle. This was a final test of sorts, a way to gauge the worthy, for those who managed to somehow get to this point and tried to go deeper yet were not what they pretended to be would not be able to come back from this place, forever trapped in infinity. But I was not concerned. I had already passed the test.

I just needed to prove the answer.

I walked to the door, the sound of my footsteps echoing across this place despite no walls, my eyes comfortable, not blinded by the sheer amount of light that surrounded me. This challenge would present itself to the Wanderer's Company as well, that much I knew, but probably in a different form; the test would no doubt be unique to each individual. For me it was a door, one that required a password, a key to opening. Proof that I knew what laid beyond, what I sought, that I was destined for this. Proof that I was who I claimed I was.

I stopped at the door, staring down the gate that barred my entry. Raising my chin I took a breath, knowing what I had to say. Each temple had a riddle, has a phrase, had a lesson that pertained to that crystal. The phrase had to be learned before one could gain entry. So be this door.

There was a seventh riddle, a seventh phrase for this sacred ground. One only gleaned after understanding the previous six.

That phrase was the key. That was my last test.

Did I take the previous lessons to heart?

Only those without wickedness can conquer it.

Only those truly faithful can find it.

Only those at peace can enter here.

Proof of Riches.

Only the most creative can unlock it.

Only the pure in spirit can grasp it.

What did all of these mean? Simple.

"Only heroes can understand it." I spoke aloud, raising my head and lifting my arms wide.

I felt the sensation of satisfactory pleasure from this place, and before me the massive door opened.

OOC: to be continued

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

OOC: lookie me, invoking the twelve-hour rule for the second time in two days. It would seem officially Joske is moving faster than the Bzprpg. Bound to happen sooner or later :P

IC

[Keeping Place]

It was surprisingly sparse.

For all the profound riddles, secret doorways, and impressive architecture, the inner chamber was astonishingly... normal. Bare. Empty. A Single, massive room with but a lone pedestal in the center of it, a shaft of light illuminating it from a hole in the ceiling. And on it was a mask.

That's it.

I raised an eyebrow and walked forward, my footsteps making long echoes in the chamber. The size of the room was deceiving; it took me significantly longer for me to get there than I first anticipated, as if this place sought to build up suspense in me. Intended or not it worked, by the time I reached the pedestal my breathing was shortened as I hesitated to touch it. Finally, here I was.

My new mask.

Reverently I reached out and picked it up, feeling the metal between my fingers. I had never seen anything like it before; it was as strange as it was beautiful. The best way I could describe it was a cross between a Great Rau and a Noble Huna; truly it was one of a kind. What it did though, even its name, was a myster-

I saw something flutter in the shaft of light, and deftly I caught the note that fell from the back of the mask. Pulling it into the light I read it's contents, my eyes widening as I recognized the handwriting: it was Takua's.

Dear Joske,

If you are reading this then you have succeeded in the first part of your destiny. What you bear in your hands in the Mask of Conjuring. It is an extremely rare mask, though I am unsure if it is the only one, and this is why: it is one of the few masks in the known universe that is limited by your mind and imagination, as this Kanohi allows its user to program a limited power into the mask for a brief period of time. Prior to use the user must describe in detail the power desired, and when done at least one weakness. Be warned, if the phrasing is spoken wrong, it causes intense psychic backlash in the user's mind. The user can use a programmed power for only fifteen minutes, and after the time is out, the user must wait thirty seconds to activate the mask again.

I paused, my hand trembling. I was partly ecstatic, my mind already thinking of ways to use it, but at the same time terrified; if I wasn't careful, I could fry my own brain trying to use it. I looked about, even walked around the pedestal a few times, but found no instruction manual for it, further increasing my fear. I needn't of worried however, for I continued to read the note.

Another weakness of this mask is because it takes time, any enemies nearby can hear in detail what power to expect and what its weakness will be. Because of this, I suggest to program this mask alone lest you tip your hand to your opponent. This may be frightening, but I have taken the time to instal a program that will download user specifications and instructions directly to your brain; there is a chance you will be using this mask rather soon, and it is better that you understand how it works as quickly as possible. I bid you farewell and good luck my friend.

You're going to need it.

I stared down this new toy of mine for a minute, fully weighing the pros and cons of such a mask. The power of this mask was theoretically unlimited, but at the same time binding. Such great power came great responsibility, and Takua in his foresight must of realized that at this point I would be responsible enough to wield it.

I prayed to Mata-Nui he was right.

With reserved deference I removed my Kakama, feeling a bit dizzy as I did so, and then put the Mask of Conjuring in its place. At first nothing happened.

Then I felt a sledgehammer hit my face.

Takua... if you weren't dead... I'd kill you myself...

Slowly I struggled up, the sense of consciousness returning to my mind. I didn't know how long I was out, but I had been out, and hard. Apparently whatever program Takua used to directly upload the user manual of this Kanohi didn't like the idea of my being conscious while it happened. I blinked around a few times, trying to shake away the blurriness-

No, my vision wasn't blurred; there was something there. Writing. In the corner of my visual range.

Upload Complete.

Syntax Translation Active.

Awaiting User Input...

That last phrase... it stayed. Or more like... blinked. At regular intervals. Just... waiting. Then it hit me.

Of course, it's awaiting for what power I want to program.

I sat there and thought for a minute, the user guide immediately filling my thoughts with proper usage and programming requirements. Computers and this whole "technology" jargon wasn't my thing, but it came installed with a translator that would do its darnedest to take what I said and form it to proper programming language. Takua had made it almost idiot-proof.

And yes, when it came to things like this I was quite the imbecile.

Still, I wondered just how far I could push it...

"Mask, prepare new program."

There was a mental beep, and I could feel it waiting on my every word, ready to take what I said and turn it into a viable power. I grinned to myself; this may be the stupidest thing I'll ever do, but I wanted to find out just how far I could take this mask. I mean, seriously, any power?

Yeah, right.

While (activated),

powerout "Give user three wishes to grant to any individual he so desires" endline;

wishes equal three;

if (wish does not equal three)

powerout "Granted wish cannot be used to grant more wishes, only one wish per person, wish cannot be used to make someone do something against their moral alignment, wish cannot directly benefit user" endline;

if (wish equal zero)

powerout "prevent user from granting wishes to any individual ever again" endline;

I stopped talking, mentally preparing myself for a slap across the... the...

Power Coding Accepted.

Compile?

I blinked, unable to believe what I was seeing.

"Yes, mask, compile."

Compiling Program...

Complete.

Input recipients?

I didn't even hesitate.

"Angelus, Angi, Cael."

Searching mental database...

Recipients found, 1/3...

Recipients found, 2/3...

Action complete.

Activating...

I could see my mask glow, a sudden sensation of power, then nothing.

It... worked!?

Thirty-second cooldown initiated.

User prevented from accessing programmed power from mask.

Banned power uploaded to database.

Awaiting user input...

I took a breath, not completely believing what just happened. I had just granted my three greatest companions a free, practically unlimited wish?! I... I couldn't believe it. Yes, I could never pull that same stunt again, but the very fact that it worked...

"Mask, prepare new program."

While (activated)

powerout "Replicate powers granted by the Kanohi Kakama" endline;

if (used)

powerout "Prevent user from moving across liquid surfaces" endline;

"Compile."

Compiling Program...

Complete.

15:00... 14:59... 14:58...

In the upper right-hand corner of my vision I noticed a countdown timer activate. So every fifteen minutes I would need to re-activate it... meh, not bad, all things considered. I hated to have the weakness of not being able to run across water, but until I could get a more firm grasp of this mask and what kind of tactics I would use against Heuani, my usual methods would be needed. Hence the copy of the Kanohi Kakama.

With a mere thought I was a red streak, my world blurred as I shot out the door. I wasn't exactly sure where I'd end up, but now that I had managed to open the Keeping Place I needed to get to Stannis and the others.

And find Cael.

A small part of me felt I was already out of time.

OOC: alright... Tyler, VF, here is the point where I fulfill my promise to you. I had said I would give those who struggled through me on this a gift, and here it is: your characters have been granted a GM wish each. Now keep in mind the limitations I've already outlined PLUS the fact this is THEIR wish... NOT yours. You MUST think like them and what THEY would want, not what you want for them. I will do what I can to make then come true, but I am obligated GM wise to edit it if it proves to be too much strain on the game. Both of you please post how it is you came to know of this and what you wished for, and I will post a reply among Joske's posts.

Have fun! :)

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC:

Joske emerged again from the Keeping Place where he had entered it; he found himself returned to the psycho-physical ravine, standing on its edge near the tablet of clues. It was still the middle of the night - Time seemed not to have moved while Joske was down there. The birds still flew, the water still gushed; even a little snail that was slowly progressing on the moss near the tablet still inched. Nothing was changed in the location's facade, save one thing: Joske was no longer alone there. Across from him, standing lazily leaned against a tree trunk, was a dark form with glittering, hungry shades for eyes.

The Toa of Fire felt his heart accelerate as this specter walked before him. He knew the walk, knew the way the armor caught and dissipated the meager starlight from on high. At the hip, the deadly-familiar blade swung and danced; unlike its wearer, the transparent sword captured what little light there was and refracted it in gentle waving lines on the ground. Joske felt lightheaded as that sword, in those hands, came closer to him. He felt his doom arriving.

"Good evening, Joske," Heuani said easily. "Isn't it a fine night. Look, you can see the red star, right up there." But neither Joske nor Heuani turned their heads; they had fixed one another in each others' gazes. Heuani smiled. "Clever boy, clever. But you should be so careful always. Thanks in full to your negligent eyes, I have been able to follow you here, Joske. I am very grateful for the opportunity to see the famous Keeping Place. I am in your debt, very grateful indeed."

Joske felt his mistake like an ironclad punch to his gut. How could he have been so stupid to lead Heuani to the one place Heuani was not supposed to find him? The Toa of Fire cursed his carelessness even as Heuani continued to boast over it. "It was too kind, Joske. But, oh," Heuani exclaimed softly as he drew closer with the strides of a panther. "Look at that." He raised his hands and, unstopped by a paralyzed Joske, felt the smooth ridges of Joske's new mask in exploration. It was an attractive mask, gold and red, full of circular patterns, with a noble forehead and a four-pointed star worked into its face. "That's a pretty thing," Heuani whispered, tracing the lines of the star with his fingertips. "Shame you won't have it for very long, Joske... You may be surprised to hear that I'm grown somewhat tired of this old thing," he said, tapping his own Kanohi Felnas. "Yet the other available masks have always been below it in power... That's changed. Once again, Joske, I am in your debt; you've created my new mask."

The Toa of Shadow fingered Joske's chin as their eyes locked. Heuani could see Joske's soul retreating from his strong presence; his smile widened as his golden irises darkened. "Alas, Joske, I've never been good at managing debt. I'm sorry that mine to you, once I pry that mask from your face, will not go repaid, but such is the way of the world; what I want from you, I will take. I have taken. Soon there will be nothing left; I suppose I pity you. But I've also never been one to succumb to pity."

test2.png

IC

[Keeping Place; night]

The last syllable of that final word Heuani spoke came out more as a spat than as comprehensible, audible form of communication, the Shadow Toa finding himself hunched over slightly, spittle dripping from the corner of his lip. He blinked away the stars, once his vision cleared all he could see was a golden shoulder, one that had a mouthful of bile splattered on it.

My shoulder. With my fist embedded in his stomach.

Pause. Stop. Rewind.

When I saw Heuani standing there... I went into overdrive, but not in a good way. Somehow, someway, he had managed to follow me here, which I thought was impossible. It took me two weeks of searching and the proper orientation of the temple crystals to unlock the only passage into here, and it only teleported one person here; of that I was sure. There was no way he could have followed me using that path. The only thing I could think of was that once I unlocked it, as was my destiny, there must have been another door opened, the same on that I was going to use to let Stannis and his Company inside. Heuani must have known about it, and simply waited for me to unlock this place... then casually stepped inside. The Toa knew no bounds; nothing was underhanded or sacred to him.

He didn't play by any rules. Which was one distinct advantage he had.

That's when he approached me. Started talking. Weaving his captivating web. His honeyed voice doing numbers on my willpower. Speaking both praises and criticism to my actions. Commenting on my mask... fingering my face. Karz no.

Over my dead body Heuani.

Pause. Stop. Fast-forward.

"I was wondering when you'd start monologuing."

Heuani looked up - yes, looked up - at my face, out eyes meeting yet again. Only this time I didn't have darkened irises; oh no, mine were burning bright, sparking and blazing with fiery vengeance as he trembled slightly, grunts coming out of his mouth as pain washed out from his abdomen where my fist was still imbedded. "You like that? The whole paralysis, eyes-glazed-over thing? Yeah, it's called acting."

I leaned forward, down into him, our masks almost touching, watching his face as I gave a satisfied smirk. "Your powers of persuasion and immobility don't work on me; sorry, I don't swing that way. I was just waiting on the monologue; best time to make a move. You super-villains are so predictable. So, how does it feel to be hit and hurt by such a lesser toa?"

There was a flurry of lethal movement. I pushed one to many buttons... so worth it though. In a testament to his skill he in one fluid movement he not only recovered but managed to reach down and pull out his sword, making a clean cut through my abdomen. Or where my abdomen should have been. Had it been any other toa on the island that said toa would now be in two pieces laying at his feet. His reflexes, his speed, the legends... the reports didn't lie. He moved like a cat, as quiet as a panther but as powerful as a Muaka. Truly he was a skilled swordsman and a devastatingly quick opponent.

Luckily for me, and unfortunately for him, I was the Fastest Toa on Mata-Nui.

He pulled back the upstroke and looked where I should had been, a scowl on his face as he scanned the area, his eyes finally settling on a location across the ravine. I stood there stoically, fists clenched, as we stared each other down, the lazy river and deep gorge in the earth separating us.

The moment, the momentum, the scene had shifted.

The birds still flew, the water still gushed; even a little snail that was slowly progressing on the moss near the tablet still inched, but it all seemed muted, quiet, distant as the two of engaged in a battle of wills. Heuani turned to face me, the transparent sword dangling loosely in his hand, his bemused look returning-

It was a this point that I reached up and, without ever breaking eye contact, brushed off Heuani's bile off my shoulder with a few flicks of the wrist. Precise, determined, exaggerated flicks. There are some things widgets can't buy... like the look on his face.

That's right Heuani; eat it. That's how much regard I hold for you.

In a single motion I pulled my launcher off my back and attached it to my forearm, loading a disk as I did. There was a distinct click as the disk locked in home, already I could feel the slight tug of my elemental energy heating up the ammo. Twisting slightly I raised my arm, pointing my launcher right at Heuani.

And paused. A single moment of silence as we stared each other down. He was the better close-quarters, but I had range; he was stronger, but I was faster. Without his mind-numbing siren's call the battlefield was even... or as even as I was going to get it. I didn't foresee this going easily.

Then again, I didn't foresee him cake-walking over me either. The fact that I landed the first blow and could get away proved it.

With a single thought I fired, my volley streaking across the ravine.

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC:

Agni nodded at Angelus and together, they followed Joske's tracks for a couple of feet, until, as his friend had correctly observed, they got too light to track. With a sigh, Agni stood back up and looked at Angelus, who shrugged. "There's nothing else I can say about the tracks..." he said. Agni nodded. "I understand. But Joske is here...he has to be. I know, the tracks lead away from here...but I just know this is where we're supposed to be."

"Why?" Angelus asked, as they turned and walked back towards the temple. Now it was Agni's turn to shrug. "Call it instinct...I just have the same feeling I always got when I was about to crack a case for the guard...but this is even more than that. It feels...right, you know."

Agni didn't really know how else to describe it, though he knew this was probably the weirdest thing he'd ever said. After all, he was supposed to make decisions based off of hard evidence, not gut-feelings. But this whole quest had changed a few things...and maybe, just maybe, a little of Joske was rubbing off on him as well.

The two Toa ascended the stairs and Agni created a small flame hovering next to him, to give them a bit of light. Agni looked around. Before him he saw the Suva the Toa Mata had activated so long ago, in order to face their destiny. Even the air felt somehow...burdened, here, as if it was aware of the importance of this place. Yes, this was where this whole thing was coming to a head, one way or another. There still were no signs of Joske, though. Which was strange, to say the least. Or maybe he just didn't see them. Perhaps Angelus could use his talents again to find some sort of clue.

Agni was about to turn back and ask his friend, as the small ball of fire floating in the air in front of him seemingly exploded. There was a flah of bright light and Agni instinctively closed his eyes and jumped backwards. However, that was where the stairs leading up to the Suva were and so his feet found nothing to land on, only thin air. The Toa of fire felt his stomach clench at the sudden loss of balance...but he wasn't falling. At least, not anymore. Then he realized that the sounds of the jungle had disappeared too.

For a moment, panic welled up inside him. Had somebody else overcharged his fire or thrown an exploding Madu at him, crippling him? Agni tried opening his eyes. But all he could see was white. But the flash had happened seconds ago already, the white should have faded away by now. That was odd. He'd always thought the blind saw only blackness...not blinding white. He blinked and his eyelids slid down, darkening his vision. No, he definitely was not blind. Opening his eyes again, he squinted, trying to make out shapes or forms, but none could be made out in the light. Slowly, he relaxed his lids and to his surprise, despite the brightness, he could use his eyes normally...except, he couldn't see anything. He looked up, there was nothing but white. He looked to his feet, but there was no ground beneath his feet. And no shadow of himself either. What was this place?

"Where...am I?" he asked himself. His voice sounded odd in this space. There were no other sounds except those caused by himself and to hear himself speak without any outside interference was as if listening to a stranger.

Suddenly, his question was answered.

"You are still in front of the great temple...but you are also here."

"What is this?" Agni asked, utterly perplexed.

"A place to converse in private."

"About what?"

The voice was silent for a second, before answering. When it spoke again it was as if somebody was standing behind him, the voice no longer coming from everyhwere at once. Agni turned around to see who it was and suddenly found himself face to face with a Kanohi. There was no body, no wearer to be seen. It was only the mask, it's holes and openings illumnated by the bright light all around them. And while there were no eyes to be seen, Agni felt that the mask was watching him as it said:

"I have come to you...to grant you a wish."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC

"I have come to you...to grant you a wish."

The mask's voice was ancient, but it did not sound old. It emanated power and radiance, but not overbearing nor oppressive. It spoke no audible words, but its sounds echoed across the chamber and through his mind. And by its own admission Agni was both here... and still there.

"But... how?"

"This is a place of opposites, where the contradicting can reside in unison, a place where the impossible becomes possible. A place... within your own mind." The mask was solid, immovable in appearance, yet Agni sensed it smiled. "Your caution is to commended, but not needed. I am not the power, but the messenger in this instance."

For the longest of moments Agni stared at the mask, frowning, trying to make sense of it all. For all he knew it could be Mata-Nui speaking to him in person, or some strange entity come down from the heavens. Yet at the same time he was standing in very gate of enemy...

"How do I know you speak truth?" Agni spoke slowly.

"The validity of my statement cannot be proven until you present your request," spoke the mask, as one with great patience and understanding, "and thus as it stands you cannot make certain of my intentions. For the time being you must trust your instincts... and the fact that if this were a trap, it would have been sprung already."

Angi stood there, his inhibitions slowly disappearing as the conversation continued, noting the truth in the mask's words. Still, he wasn't fully convinced. Yet.

"You spoke as being the messenger... "

Again, The Toa of Fire got the sense of a smile. "Indeed, noble Toa, the power I have is not for me to use, but only when requested on by others. I am but the servant, not the master. Therefore I grant you this boon not out of my own doing, but out of the desire of another. Another mortal such as yourself. A friend."

Agni's stomach fluttered for a second, a thread of connection running through his head. "A... mutual friend? Such as?"

"That is something I cannot reveal!" the mask said with some slight force. His tone lessened, this time friendly. "But suffice to say you have a young admirer, someone who looks up to you and respects you enough to instead of keeping this new power for himself, is willing to share... and hopefully make up for some past conflicts."

The mask sensed there was no more doubt in Agni after that statement. The infinite light here seemed to shimmer and wave as the mask began to weave and call upon its power. It glowed like a thousands suns, but it did not hurt the Ta-Toa's eyes, an orb of liquid lightning surrounding the two of them.

"Now pray tell, noble Toa, what is it that you wish for? What is the greatest desire of your heart?"

There was a moment as Agni thought, but he already knew the answer. It was just summoning the courage to speak.

"I want to be able..." He closed his eyes, taking a long breath as the weight of this moment settled on him.

"I want to be able...to bring justice to those that hide in the shadows...and to avenge those that suffer because of them."

The orb around them pulsed, Angi feeling waves of power and pleasure roll off the entity.

"A wise choice and eloquent use of words, noble Toa. It is with great pleasure and distinct honor that I grant you your desire. Behold!"

That one word echoed across the void like a tsunami hitting land, almost blowing Agni back, yet at the same time never in danger of falling over as the orb of energy condensed and began to fuse into a solid mass, quickly manifesting itself into the shape of... a Kanohi. A Kahoni Agni knew well.

It was in the form of an incredible and unique Mask of Psychometry."Behold, Toa Agni, the physical manifestation of your wish. Just like any other Kanohi of its kind, it grants the wearer the power to see into the past of any object that he touches, though it can only work on one object at a time. This Kanohi, however, is special; while not able to work on living beings, it gives the wearer the ability to see the past of the dead. If in contact with a dead body that is whole or mostly intact, the wearer can observe their final moments from the victim's point of view in perfect clarity. Should the body of the victim be too badly damaged, however, or if the wearer only has single body parts to work with, the mask can only provide its wearer with vague glimpses of the victims, random physical feelings, sights, and/or sounds."

There was a moment of silence as the floating mask gave Agni a moment to absorb that. The look of sheer shock on his face meant he had a hard time processing this, but was able to remain upright. So the specter continued."In addition, there are further limitations to this special masks and its powers. For one, it can not recreate the dead person's thoughts and due to its complex function, and it can only access a short timeframe of the victims past, after which the information it can provide becomes more and more limited as the memories become more and more degraded."From the point of death until one hour previous, the wearer can relive the dead person's last moments in perfect clarity, including all senses as well as the person's emotions. For the second hour before death, they are privy to the victims full sensory input, but none of their feelings or emotions. In the third hour, the wearer loses the victim's sense of touch. For the fourth hour, the sense of smell and taste become inaccessible as well. With the fifth hour the sense of sight disappears as well and by the sixth hour, the only remaining memories are that of the victims hearing, continuing to the point of garbled nonsense."

The world around him began to swirl like a tornado, the floating mask in the center. Agni began to feel his feet lift off the invisible surface he had been standing on, and the last image he saw was that mysterious mask... and these last words.

"You have been granted a great gift, detective, one uniquely suited for your skills and abilities. Pray you do not abuse it, nor violate the trust of the one who has provided it to you."

His world went black.

When he opened his eyes, he was back in Kini-Nui, atop the atoll he had been previously standing on. The temple was there, Angelus was there, everything was there just as he remembered it. Everything was as it was before he had had this vision.

Except, not quite. There was ONE difference.

He looked down, feeling something in his hands.

It was that mask.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Guest ToaOfAwesome

IC: It was getting late. The stars in Kini Nui sparkled in the purple sunset sky. Masopix still could not find anybody who could help his shoulder burn. He had hardly even made it from Ko-Koro fully conscious. The injury seethed painfully, and he soon felt himself cringing in pain. He winced sharply as the feeling intensified to a point where he was forced to lean on a tree for support. His knees buckled and his vision blurred.

"Help!" Masopix shouted into the sky as the pain overwhelmed his dignity, "somebody please! Somebody... help..."

OOC: Seriously, I need somebody with healing powers or whatever, I can't realistically get out of this situation I've gotten myself into on my own.

OOC: Well then, ToaOfAwesome....

>: - ) Lets see you get out of this one.

(And personally, if you have a shoulder burn, I don't think you can walk from Ko-Koro to Kini-Nui. That, and like 0 people live in Kini-Nui. Hint: You coulda went to the hospital in Ko-Koro. But now that you're here.......)

"Help!" A cry in the distance sounded, "Somebody please! Somebody....help....."

Even as the sound of the last syllable died out, Aurum was already walking over. Masopix was both lucky and unlucky - he was the first person to witness Aurum act as a 'nice guy'......but thanks to his mission for the Fist of Makuta. Aurum's armor was very different than before; Much more cylindrival, like a suit, instead of pieces placed upon his body in perfect harmony.

He could change it, too. To make it easier for him to kill people. But why would he do that? Masopix hasn't done anything yet; Neither has Zauk revealed his true nature.

By the time Masopix's body fully hit the ground, Aurum was beside him. Luckily, he hadn't truly done much since Pala-Koro; He carried with him vials of painkillers, which he half jammed, half poured into Masopix's mouth. Checking his wounds, he saw a heavily burned shoulder. While he couldn't fully heal the organic parts, he knew exactly how to help the situation. Covering the wound with iron, he managed to stop the bleeding and also repair some of the things he could.

And hopefully, Masopix wouldn't do something that would cause Aurum to do much, much worse.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: THANK YOU! I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE! I was seriously so afraid of dying that right now i don't even care that you'll probably try to kill me! Also, that WAS kinda stupid that i didn't think of a hospital. i guess i got a little caught up in the moment.

IC: Masopix's vision slowly started to come back as the pain went away. It wasn't much, but it was enough to awaken his senses. "Who are you?" Masopix muttered.

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: Oh... well that's kind of... awkward.

IC: "Gold?" Masopix looked puzzled, "that's an... interesting name." Masopix slowly got up. He let a slightly audible groan, but he didn't think this "Gold" person heard it. "Well... thanks," Masopix said unsure of what to say to someone who just saved his life. Gold was a strange person in Masopix's eyes. Not the way he looked, it was something else. Masopix just felt uneasy about Gold--he didn't know why, he just did. He waved it aside though, assuming it was just him. "Are you headed somewhere?" he asked.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

IC: Cimond

Cimond finished packing up the small number of possessions he had left and took out a stone tablet from his bag. On it, he carved six words. Ga, Le, Po, Onu, Ko, and Xa. All of the villages on the island he was aware of, excluding Ta-Koro, of course.

He immediately crossed out Xa. There was no way he would make any progress there, as the place was mostly populated by violent brutes. In fact, a matoran like Cimond would likely get murdered within a day of arriving.

Le-Koro wouldn't be the best option either, as a witness may have identified him during the battle for Pala-Koro. He crossed it out as well. That left Ga-Koro, Po-Koro, Onu-Koro and Ko-Koro.

Cimond sat to ponder what village he would choose. He knew pretty much nothing about recent developments on the island, at least those that didn't concern Echelon's little group.

Edited by DoctorCouch

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: Aaw Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6. I need to stop mixing his name up with "matrix." IC: "Well, I guess we'll be going are separate ways, then," Masopix said, "There are a couple people who really want to see me dead up there, but I'm not naming any names. May we meet again sometime, brother." With that Masopix turned East and started what looked like it was going to be a long walk. OOC: Man, I need to get up-to-date on this stuff, I didn't know that the BZPRPG had so many other Koros. I mean seriously, sand was replaced by stone after the Shattering! This place is awesome!

Edited by Black Six

IC:

"What do you think we should do?" Agni asked him; Angelus turned to face the Guard, slightly surprised to hear that the older Toa was deferring to him in matters of strategy, only to see that Agni had disappeared, along with the landscape itself. In its stead was an endless white above, beside, below and around him, as though Angelus was trapped inside a giant piece of origami. He felt as though he hadn't moved at all, but this place was different. More ethereal.

Then, as though it had been waiting for him for an amount of time Angelus' mind had no comprehension of, a Kanohi appeared, shimmering and brilliant. The Toa of Fire attempted to stare it down for a second, but even looking at the mask the wrong way gave a weird feeling, a feeling of...aging. Even as he stood still, time seemingly frozen, the hunter felt as though something about him was growing older. Then the mask spoke.

"Greetings, noble Toa, and congratulations. A...mutual acquaintance...of ours has granted you a wish."

What?

A wish? Mutual acquaintance?

"And, uh...it couldn't have been granted when I was at the Temple?"

"You are still standing outside the Great Temple, in body. In spirit..."

The mask trailed off for a second before continuing.

"But enough of semantics, Toa Angelus. What is your wish? What do you want most?"

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND