Onyx.5

Hello BZP, been a while since I've done anything more than lurk. I was feeling sort of nostalgic, so I decided to do a quick painting of everyone's favorite (and only) toa-piloted mecha. I didn't use any reference while drawing it, so some parts are... well, the whole thing is wildly inaccurate, but some parts are more inaccurate than I intended. I present to you, Tahu's customized exo-toa.

Edit: Well, I'll leave the original post for posterity. I ended up drawing some more things after all, let's see if I can't keep them in some sort of order.

Tahu's Exo Toa : Front line defender type. Originally a one-off sketch of a heavily modified exo-toa, with emphasis on interesting/strange proportions.
Pohatu's Exo Toa : Speedy recon type.

Internal structure sketch : Just trying to figure out proportions and structure for myself, if I'm going to draw several of these, I'm going to want some consistency. I've decided to make the large upper legs and bulky collar in to defining features of these units. I Might have to drew a new structure with more thought put in to how these would actually work; I'd like to include some amount of organic components.
Gali's ET sketch : Some visual thoughts on the amphibious type.

Edited by Onyx.5

Indeed, it is our fiery hero. I never actually put much thought in to the scale of it - what's the point of a giant mecha without the giant part? Really aiming for the Exo-Toa as bulky combat robot, not so much as a suit of armor. Now I realize just how much I upsized from the set. And, thanks, that was probably the biggest thing going in to this sketch; trying to get a few large blocks that would define the Exo-Toa, and give it a unique shape. Maybe I should draw some more of them, different customized units for the different Toa...

• 2 weeks later...

Please do draw that, I agree with Torran, that would be a refreshing thing to see. I REALLY like the picture it self, the whole mech thing is a whole different take on the Exo-suits, mainly because of the size and shape. Even though it has only a few resemblances to the original set here and there, it looks darn good.

• 3 weeks later...