• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Unseen Light Review Topic

review topic Unseen Light

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Toa Of Virtues

Toa Of Virtues
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 834 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2013 - 09:29 PM

Unseen Light

qSvBogp.jpg

#2 Offline turtleman

turtleman
  • Members
  • Toa

• 166 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2013 - 04:19 PM

I don't normally look in the epics section, but I'm glad I did. The Nu-Matoran are really creative and I like your story so far. I like how you made it so both sides were either good or evil depending solely on interpretation. Your writing also is really good and you were able to set the scene very well.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

#3 Online Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,637 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2013 - 04:49 PM

I have to say I was positively surprised. The Nu-Matoran as a concept fit in relatively well, I can pretty feasibly imagine Metru Nui having nuclear reactors. Turaga Dume's actions, however, can only be excused if he's Teridax in disguise, which I'm going to assume he is.

The "bottomless chasm" is a mildy interesting idea, at the very least I'm interested to learn more

My only real problem so far is that final moment where Whenua shows up and drops the Nu-Matoran into a ditch. It seems far too careless of him, I could've gotten behind Onewa or Matau doing something like this, but Whenua? Sorry, son, no dice.

In the end, however, it was interesting enough that I feel it warranted my attention.

#4 Offline Toa Of Virtues

Toa Of Virtues
  • Members

• 834 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the reviews, we are taking a short break from posting to write more chapters, and will return soon.

qSvBogp.jpg

#5 Offline Glenfoxx

Glenfoxx
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 9 posts

Posted Feb 09 2014 - 09:20 PM

Wow.

This story is intriguing to say the least. I can't quite remember what pushed me to read Unseen Light, but am I glad I did!

Right of the bat I was hooked, and I loved the bits of political conflict that were really interesting. What more can I say? I'll make it short.

I honestly absolutely love this story. Your descriptions, your progression, everything strikes me as very mature and real. This is a really nice take on a theoretical race of matoran living beneath Metru Nui. So far this is one of my favorite reads, and I encourage you…DON'T STOP. :uhuh:   ^_^

Please. :begging:

All in all, I'm not the best critique, but all I can say is that I like your epic quite well. B-)

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

#6 Offline Toa Of Virtues

Toa Of Virtues
  • Members

• 834 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2014 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the review Glenfoxx! We defiantly will not stop, but we are taking a break for school and all. We will start back up as soon as break comes. 

qSvBogp.jpg

#7 Offline Artakha's Nephew

Artakha's Nephew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 197 posts

Posted Mar 10 2014 - 12:05 AM

I have to say I was positively surprised. The Nu-Matoran as a concept fit in relatively well, I can pretty feasibly imagine Metru Nui having nuclear reactors. Turaga Dume's actions, however, can only be excused if he's Teridax in disguise, which I'm going to assume he is.

The "bottomless chasm" is a mildy interesting idea, at the very least I'm interested to learn more

My only real problem so far is that final moment where Whenua shows up and drops the Nu-Matoran into a ditch. It seems far too careless of him, I could've gotten behind Onewa or Matau doing something like this, but Whenua? Sorry, son, no dice.

In the end, however, it was interesting enough that I feel it warranted my attention.

I've been thinking that Turaga Dume isn't being impersonated by anyone in this epic. Remember, Geardirector, this epic takes place in an alternate universe with Matoran of Radiation living underneath Metru Nui. The chances of Teridax impersonating Turaga Dume at the time of the events of this epic are very small.

There is a strong indication that the culture of Metru Nui is anti-Nu-Matoran in its general beliefs and theories. The exclamation of the Onu-Matoran in chapter three who tells Whenua that the Nu-Matoran were "savages" and that the skirmish was "a massacre", along with Jaller's hope in chapter four that the Toa Metru will "devastate" the Nu-Matoran implies a bias that is deepluy integrated into the culture of Metru Nui.

Not many epics start off as well as this one has, and even fewer keep the quality of the plot strong for ten chapters. I honestly think that this is one of the best epics that I have ever read on BZPower. It moves at a pace which is well suited to an epic, and incorporates a strong conflict with characters who are fleshed out well on both sides. I'll certainly remember it, and I'll check back frequently.

I can also be found on XONAR's Bionicle fansite solismagna.com, as well as the Biomedia Project and BS01. I'm under the username Artakha's Nephew on Solis Magna and BS01 on, and MB99 on the Biomedia Project. Check out Solis Magna, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend the hand-drawn comic Diaries of Destral, by Stroxx.

Check out a sneak preview of Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.|http://www.bzpower.c...terious-island/

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

:a: :r: :t: :a: :k: :h: :a: :s:  :n:: :e: :m_p: :h:: :e:: :w:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users