CrunchbiteNuva's Art Collection

Crunchyn

CrunchbiteNuva's Art Collection

For the sake of keeping things organized.

Using this topic to organize all my BIONICLE-related projects and artwork dating from now to some time over 6 years ago and also to post some stuff that might not need its own topic. I'm trying my best to organize everything by date, the most recent being on top.

*Please refrain from necro-posting if visiting any of the topics listed here (Check the date!).* 

Series:

Crunchy's Forge- BIONICLE Pepakura Files Topic

BIONICLE Legends Posters Topic

Projects:

Avohkii Movie Version, 3D print Topic

Hewkii and Macku Doll *FEATURED*Topic

BIONICLE Compendium *FEATURED*  Topic Gallery Gallery 2

BIONICLE Sketchbook Gallery

BNG 2D Short- the Two Leaders [credited under alias "Fluffy"] Video

Lifesize Avokhii Gallery

Lewa Phantoka Sword Prop Topic IMG

Legend of the Avokhii ArtBook IMG

Phantoka Poster Reproduction, Watercolor and Colored Pencil IMG

Contest Entries:

Titans and Monsters- The Kaita Program Topic IMG 

Brickfair 2013 T-shirt Design Contest *3rd Place* Winner Alt. Alt.2

Flash Fire- BrickFair Character Design Topic Tahu Vakama Jaller

AC18: Battlescapes- Persona *1st Place Winner* Topic IMG

AC18: Battlescapes- Roodaka vs. the Toa Hagah *Honorable Mention* Topic IMG

BS01 Certavus Contest IMG

AC?- Toa Fuel Ad IMG

AC15- Piraka Vacation IMG

AC14- the Final Battleground IMG

Artwork/Sketches:

Glatorian Mata Nui IMG

Helryx/Lewa/PredatorGali IMG

Gali/Lewa/Pridak/Kalmah/Axonn IMG

Gali IMG

Kardas Dragon IMG

Bonkle Chief/Golden Tahu IMG

Bionicle Dragons IMG

Toa Helryx IMG

Kardas/Rahkshi/Self/etc. IMG

[OC-ValkyrieLightDragon] Toa Valkreen IMG

Vezon and Kardas Dragon IMG

Zyglak #2 IMG

Natalie Breez IMG

[Request-Foxfire5634] Bohrok with Glasses IMG

[Request- Disturbulator] Dizrahk IMG

[Request-3rdeye88] Furnace IMG

Tahnok-Val IMG

Kohlii IMG

Onua Mistika IMG

Brutaka IMG

Vezon IMG

Akamai IMG

Wairuha IMG

Chronicler's Coffee IMG1 IMG2

[Request-Toa Kaithas] Toa Kaithas IMG

Gali Mistika IMG

Toa Team TOAST IMG

[Request-Inferno630] Inferno IMG

[Request-Krono930] Toa Krono IMG

[Request-PoKoroProductions] Pekai IMG

Vahki IMG

Zyglak IMG

Nidhiki IMG

Crunchbitenuva Self-Portrait IMG

Toa Gali Oil Painting IMG

Kamen Rider Takua to Takanuva IMG

Kalmah IMG

Kanohi Faxon IMG

Kanohi Iden IMG

Roodaka IMG

Toa Nuva Gali IMG

Axonn IMG

Vezon IMG

Toa Mahri Nuparu IMG

Rahkshi Shoe IMG

Toa Takanuva IMG

Toa Inika Matoro IMG

Vezon's Head IMG

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva
  • Upvote 10

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Just want to say i love alot of the art sketches.. i especially like the zyglak.. i feel it truly catches the dark side of the zyglak.. though i must say i have always been a sucker for zyglaks.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I really like how much your artwork has progressed. If you look at your Axonn from either 2008 or 2009, I can't read the date, and then compare it to some of your recent work, it's just amazing to see how much you've grown artistically.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...

A page of sketches I did a couple of weeks ago. I spent a while with the head of the Kardas Dragon and also Rahkshi, mostly thinking how the suits were evolved from the kraata via eggie aka Energized Protodermis.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/347/9/f/tumblr_mwrauv2k3f1sy13izo1_500_by_crunchbitenuva-d6xuver.jpg

A page of sketches I did a couple of weeks ago. I spent a while with the head of the Kardas Dragon and also Rahkshi, mostly thinking how the suits were evolved from the kraata via eggie aka Energized Protodermis.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/347/9/f/tumblr_mwrauv2k3f1sy13izo1_500_by_crunchbitenuva-d6xuver.jpg

Favorite parts on that are the skakdi.. what i am assuming the kardas.. and also what appears to be a fish.. Simply amazing and perhaps a bit dark looking

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 4 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, Crunchbite, Do you charge for requests?

And i must say those are too cute.. They almost look like you could make them in real life.. Did you draw them or was it some other program?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Out of curiosity, Crunchbite, Do you charge for requests?

And i must say those are too cute.. They almost look like you could make them in real life.. Did you draw them or was it some other program?

I usually don't do requests, they're mostly for friends or people that I know. Otherwise, I put up a raffle of sorts on my DeviantArt to choose who I do a request for.

The dolls were done using Maya and Photoshop, but I did do a couple of sketches to use as reference before I started. I did map them to see if I could make a real-life plushie from the models however :)

Ah ok Figured it was worth asking.

And you say you did a map to see if you could make a Real-life plushie from the models so the makes me ask the question if you discovered you could?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

HAHAHAHA. Love the plushies. It makes me want to go pick up my crotchet hook and start pearling until I have a couple matoran for myself.

Wow, I had no idea I'd sunk so low in fandom as to want a plushie Ahkmou.

Everyone wants a plushie ahkmou. They just don't have the nerves to say it out loud.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

HAHAHAHA. Love the plushies. It makes me want to go pick up my crotchet hook and start pearling until I have a couple matoran for myself.

Everyone wants a plushie ahkmou. They just don't have the nerves to say it out loud.

I want one like those giant teddy bears that take up the whole bed though... Ahkmou is probably my favorite character in the canon. XD

Ah like those 6 foot teddy bears.. i could never imagine one owning one of those.

Also favorite background character i would actually have to say is.. Kopeke. He has so little presence in the story yet when he does it is usually good.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I want one like those giant teddy bears that take up the whole bed though... Ahkmou is probably my favorite character in the canon. XD

Ah like those 6 foot teddy bears.. i could never imagine one owning one of those.

Also favorite background character i would actually have to say is.. Kopeke. He has so little presence in the story yet when he does it is usually good.

Awwwww no, I'm just fine with Hewkii and Macku here! :P

I got other stuff I wanna model anyway XD

Awwwww no, I'm just fine with Hewkii and Macku here! :P

I got other stuff I wanna model anyway XD

Your telling me you don't want to make a Six-foot tall Ahkmou plushie.. Tsk.

But yeah can't wait to see what you make next.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 3 weeks later...

Alright first off the dragons one you did is amazing. I have to admit my favorite is how you did the Tahtorak. It holds a very dangerous look. Also is the character on the left side of scan 2 suppose to be a bionicleish Master chief? Also i can not help but love your version of Akamai... Oh wait that is suppose to be stars tahu isn't it? Oh well it is still amazing.

Also your interpretation of Helryx's mask is rather intriguing. At first glance the mask almost like Gavla's mask however when i look closer it is very obviously different.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Alright first off the dragons one you did is amazing. I have to admit my favorite is how you did the Tahtorak. It holds a very dangerous look. Also is the character on the left side of scan 2 suppose to be a bionicleish Master chief? Also i can not help but love your version of Akamai... Oh wait that is suppose to be stars tahu isn't it? Oh well it is still amazing.

Also your interpretation of Helryx's mask is rather intriguing. At first glance the mask almost like Gavla's mask however when i look closer it is very obviously different.

Thanks! With the stars Tahu, I was imagining how the Golden Armor would look on Toa Mata Tahu since Stars Tahu is supposed to be Toa Mata Tahu, yet he has a different form (at this point, I'm just thinking that being stuck in canisters changes the inhabitant's appearance. Maybe Stars Tahu was how the Toa Mata looked before they got stuck in canisters, who knows?)

• 1 month later...

Hmm... I have to admit the gali one has a nice edge to it. is kinda of a dark view of her yet still shows her softness. Not sure how best to say it but I really do like it.

Kardas on the other hand. While the art is great i feel he looks more.. What is the term. Human? I just don't get the rahi/feral feel from him anymore. Instead when I look at that I am immediately imagining a human/dragon hybrid. I can't quite place why I am getting that impression but I am. However as i said the art is amazing just yeah.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Awesome work, CN! They both look like they could have been concept art for the movies -- set-accurate and not organic-heavy, but still drawn in a way that makes them look alive. You can just feel the sheer power emanating from the Kardas Dragon, too. Love it!

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So much and I love all of it. Please don't stop creating awesome things CrunchbiteNuva.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 3 months later...

*topic revival because "collection topic**

Reviving this with a couple of new sketches/drawings:

Mata Nui

Didn't have much thought towards this mainly because I only did this because I wanted to see Mata Nui have a UDD banner on his back. Really need to think about torso design in the future, however. I'm always conflicted about committing to the original set design. 

Helyrx/Lewa/Gali

• Upvote 1

Hmm... you know I have to say the color you chose for mata-nui seems better than the original color. I mean with that kinda of greenish color I just think he gives off more of a 'Mystical' like being feel.

Also love your version of Helryx, especially the mask.

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About a month ago, I joined a small group of Bionicle artists called the Bionicle Art Squad where I proposed the idea of doing art challenges similar to BZP's FlashFire Contest. Anyone can participate and submit. We're currently on the fifth challenge right now.

Week 1: Toa Prototype Anatomy

Week 2: Zyglak

Week 3: Gravity Toa Tool

Week 4: Kanohi Angaru, Mask of Duplication

Week 5: Onepu, Kohlii Forward of Onu-Koro Team, the Ussal Crabs

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had hoped to catch up on the weeks but no. Finals were especially hectic and then I got distracted by Warframe. :(

Week 9: Celebrity Toa (Hulk Hogan)

Week 11: Golden-Skinned Skakdi Fusion

Also modeled the pedestal the Golden Masks were displayed on. I have no idea if there'll be a new font for Bionicle 2015. so I used the language of the Ancients/Alterans from the Stargate Franchise

Pedestal

Edited by Crunchyn

This is all amazing stuff CBN, I seem to be having some trouble with a bunch of your images though (linked from your first post) I have had similar issues with other user-posted pics recently so it could just be me but I thought I'd let you know in case it's your host. An example would be the Hewkii plush of which I can view no pictures and have never seen before :( Hope it gets fixed (on your end or mine!) so I can see these softies for myself!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

This is all amazing stuff CBN, I seem to be having some trouble with a bunch of your images though (linked from your first post) I have had similar issues with other user-posted pics recently so it could just be me but I thought I'd let you know in case it's your host. An example would be the Hewkii plush of which I can view no pictures and have never seen before :( Hope it gets fixed (on your end or mine!) so I can see these softies for myself!

Majhost has been down for a few days, so a lot of photos on BZP aren't working. It's a problem with the website.

IetTsFQ.png

Majhost has been down for a few days, so a lot of photos on BZP aren't working. It's a problem with the website.

Yea, Majhost's been down, I do have pics of the Hewkii Dolls on my tumblr blog.

http://crunchbitenuva.tumblr.com/post/88105208939/finally-did-this-using-texture-maps

http://crunchbitenuva.tumblr.com/post/90388231984/mnog-hewkii-and-macku-dolls-finally-united-p

• 2 weeks later...

Bionicle Art Squad Challenge Week 13 was Brutaka, this one I wanted to take further than my usual stuff as a test to see how I've improved and what I still need to work on. Spent about 2 days on this.

tumblr_nirjraT8hl1u0o67oo1_540.jpg

• Upvote 4