BIONICLE MAFIA IX: SENTINELS OF THE DARKENED SKIES

Voltex

I will remain silent about my role. Other than stating that I am with the villagers.

I might be a villager.

I might be a Sentinel.

I might be the Detective.

I might be the Medic.

Though I am most certainly NOT a hunter.

That is all.

Same.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Two players are me in this game. Three, if you count that one other guy...

I'm going to choose to dismiss this as pointless babbling to cause confusion and suspicion. Clearly it holds no merit.

However, if it was true, then I suspect you'd count yourself as one you, whoever had the SDV role as another you (assuming someone else got it), and the Mysterious Figure as the third.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Lloyd had a reason, or so he did say.

Sirens were singers of rhymes to their prey?

Reason for rhyming I have quite enough,

You may not like it but I say, "Well, tough!"

Verses may cost me my life it is true,

Death makes me stronger, and VDAMMA too.

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Two players are me in this game. Three, if you count that one other guy...

I'm going to choose to dismiss this as pointless babbling to cause confusion and suspicion. Clearly it holds no merit.

However, if it was true, then I suspect you'd count yourself as one you, whoever had the SDV role as another you (assuming someone else got it), and the Mysterious Figure as the third.

What utter nonsense you spout in this place

What you do not understand is

What I am is not mere Host, that would be foolish.

What I am is more, if less could be more when sanity is gone.

Why do you belive I lie,

Why would I ever tell an untruth?

Why do you disregard me so,

Why would you question those who assigned the roles

Try again, my friend, for you're very nearly right

Try again, poor soul, for you're very nearly wrong!

Try again, I say, I promise you'll get it right; or if you

Try again, perhaps, you'll always be wrong?

Two are indeed myself in this game

Two plus one if you count the right way

Two minus one if you'll only count me, or

Two and nothing else if it's the role and me.

Your doubt of the host is undoubtedly confusing,

Your misplaced lack of trust underwhelming,

Your assumptions can be neither right or wrong, for

Your answers have questions to ask of their own.

I am myself, but yet I am not.

I should be the Host, but I am not.

I would make you believe me; I am not.

I now exhaust myself writing, and I am not here any longer.

wat.

i don't

uh

yeah i'm extremely confused right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if people attempted to kill Ibrow, just to see if it'd work.

Now I'm curious to see what would happen, but I'm not voting for him. Why vote for the host when I can vote for the person who actually killed me round 1 last game?

(and i swear if the mafia kills him before i have a chance to lynch him/ask a dead guy about his role i will be very angry.)

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Speaking of poetry...

Only in haiku

I shall speak forevermore

Until this post ends.

So now as I write

I count out my syllables

So that they are right.

And yes, this is true

I think I am clever, but

I truly am not.

What now, you may ask?

Well, I shall tell you with this:

We need to stop this.

k i'm done now.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I do not know what Tex does mean.

His way of counting is obscene.

This I know, he said at first:

That he is with no siblings cursed.

On unrelated note I say,

His "poetry" makes me dismay.

It's not but prose-- in disarray.

nban.jpg

no seriously i think we should stop

i only did the haikus because it was different

and called for a stop.

ANYWAYS

How many roles need to send in PMs? Are the Mafia still deciding who to kill? Had the Medic decided who to save? Has the Detective decided who to investigate? Have the Sentinels decided who...to...save? (i think i'm getting that right). Has the Mysterious person decided who to kill?

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I am awaiting a decision from the 3rd Sentinel, the Hunters, and the Mysterious Figure.

So most pro-village roles have sent the PM.

Good. I hope these roles get their selves together and send their PM before the end of tomorrow.

stupid work on friday bluh.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

You do realize you are just making us think you are a hunter right? :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

You do realize you are just making us think you are a hunter right? :P

Indeed.

It makes you very suspicious.

And very, very lynch-able. If you ARE a hunter, you are a very conspicuous one.

but hey

at least you aren't doing the poems.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

There once was a guy who was fine

Who tried to join Mafia Nine

But he arrived slow,

So elsewhere he'd go,

To play again another time.

But that guy was clearly not me!

Because I am here, you can see

I'm ready to play,

And survive the first day,

Otherwise a short game this will be.

The X says he likes haikus best,

But we won't stop at his behest.

I use limericks,

My rhymes are so sick,

I don't doubt that you'll be impressed.

but their spirits

The X says he likes haikus best,

But we won't stop at his behest.

I use limericks,

My rhymes are so sick,

I don't doubt that you'll be impressed.

oh god what did i start

i started limericks

next we'll see some other form of poetry that i don't even remember

like sonnets or something

why did i have to do this

why won't you people stop

1Ydp0mg.jpg

You're PMing too slo-ow!

Come on, step it up!

- :burnmad:

Oh.

Great.

Super Smash Bros taunts.

This is very quickly getting out of hand. The problem must be dealt with immediately.

I just don't know how to deal with the problem, other than lynching those I find suspicious.

Or who killed me.

Either or.

Oh, and Ibrow, just confirming, are we allowed to post screenshots in the topic? I just want to make sure. You can never be too safe...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

The X says he likes haikus best,But we won't stop at his behest.I use limericks,My rhymes are so sick,I don't doubt that you'll be impressed.

...oh god what did i starti started limericksnext we'll see some other form of poetry that i don't even rememberlike sonnets or somethingwhy did i have to do thiswhy won't you people stop

Sonnets are boring, again...

Shakespearean or Petrarchan.

Haikues are okay,

But I've gotta say,

Limericks are not one I'd ban.

However... your silly free verse!

Artistic approach? Not the worst...

But it lacks the great skill

(Call it what you will)

Required to keep rhymes non-terse.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

You mean content-wise, or...? =P

Basically, I had several ideas pop into my heard earlier that directly relate to this game and the trilogy it's a part of, so I wrote it. It's about the same size as a scene, except it doesn't really do much except build up the upcoming Night 1 scene and dive a little deeper into the tale of the Darkened Skies.

Hence why I am unsure whether it fits the rules (which sucks, because it will not fit if I just slap it on top of the first scene). =|

Edited by Tex

Earlier I said my role.

Alas, I truly lied.

I'm not a simple villager,

I'm something else inside.

Tex has told me, yes, it's true,

(And now I will not feign),

A "Silbing" is the thing I am,

And now I've told you plain.

nban.jpg

However... your silly free verse!

Artistic approach? Not the worst...

But it lacks the great skill

(Call it what you will)

Required to keep rhymes non-terse.

...Free verse?

This is how I talk. I have a nasty habit of hitting enter often.

I blame Steam and Minecraft for developing this habit.

GETTING OFF TOPIC...

I don't know if posting a transition scene would break the rules. It's just discussion, really.

Like what we're doing now.

Arguing about poetry. POETRY.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Basically, I had several ideas pop into my heard earlier that directly relate to this game and the trilogy it's a part of, so I wrote it. It's about the same size as a scene, except it doesn't really do much except build up the upcoming Night 1 scene and dive a little deeper into the tale of the Darkened Skies. Hence why I am unsure whether it fits the rules (which sucks, because it will not fit if I just slap it on top of the first scene). =|

I question why this breaks a rule.I do not understand.For Mafia has tales galore!They never have been banned.

nban.jpg

Disclaimer: Any members I mention in the Intermissions are merely there for story purposes, and their appearances should not be taken as a reason to lynch them.

Intermission I – Evening of the First Night

“Hey Voltex, whatcha searching for?” Portalfig asked, approaching the Matoran from behind.

“Hey Portal,” the Matoran responded. “I’ve just been searching through the wreckage for hints towards the Mysterious Figure – Pulse found the cloak they were wearing on the ground awhile ago, so I figured I’d check and see if I could find any other hints.”

“Have you found any?”

“Unfortunately not,” Voltex said, standing to his feet and rubbing his neck. “It’ll be night soon, though.”

“You’ll find something then, I reckon.”

“Probably, yeah.”

“D’you think this was a bad idea?” Portalfig asked.

Voltex glanced at him. “What, the whole ‘the two of us could totally host three games in a row’ thing?”

“Yeah.”

“Pretty much,” said Voltex. “I mean, it’s been terrible all around, hasn’t it? First Metru-Nui goes into blackout mode… then I get killed immediately, and then Taka Nuvia is the only one to really survive the whole ordeal. Then everything just went downhill even more. The Staff has been stolen, Metru-Nui is nothing but twisted pieces of metal, and if we don’t all die from starvation, or dehydration, or from the Mysterious Figure, or from some other godforsaken hazard, then we’ll all die anyways because of this stupid Staff radiation.”

“Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?”

“Far from it.”

Voltex kicked a piece of what used to be a door away, gasping with shock at something underneath.

“What is it?” Portalfig asked, scrambling over eagerly.

“It’s… eh… it’s nothing.” Voltex muttered. “Just a stupid piece of that wall in the Archives that defined all of the different player types.”

“Oh.”

The disappointment in the voices of both Matoran was clearly evident as they gazed at the tablet, which didn’t even give them any hints at all.

Type 111: A player who betrays their assigned or allied factions to help the opposing faction win or for other purposes.

“That,” Portalfig said, “is the worst find ever.”

“Of all time.” Voltex added. “I guess, technically speaking, it’s useful and all, but….”

“Not what you were looking for.”

“Not what I was looking for,” Voltex agreed. “Well, I gotta get going, Portal. More places to search.”

“I’ll catch you later, then.”

“See ya.”

---

“We should definitely kill him,” one Hunter said to the other.

“What about those two, though?” the other asked. “I mean, look at them. They look important.”

“Just because one has a fedora and the other one has a syringe gun does not make them important!”

“Okay, fine! Be that way! What about over there?”

“That’s my sibling, you dolt!”

“Fine!” the second Hunter huffed. “If you’re not gonna listen to my suggestions, then you pick! I’m outta here.”

The first Hunter rolled their eyes as their companion stomped off. Grabbing the binoculars with night vision and super heat seeking with laser pointers that the second Hunter had left behind, they gazed at their sibling in the distance.

What are you up to? The Hunter wondered.

Zooming in closer, the Hunter realized that faint wisps of what looked like white smoke trailed between certain players – however, when they removed the binoculars, the trails disappeared.

“Interesting…” the Hunter whispered, replacing the binoculars on their head.

The Hunter noted the trail from the siblings of each Hunter that led into locations not visible from the hilltop – however, the Hunter was not interested in finding siblings. There was only one person the Hunter wanted to find, and-

“What have you got there?”

A foot kicked the binoculars out of the Hunter’s grasp; and then there was nothing but darkness. The Mysterious Figure shook their head, stepping over to the binoculars and blasting them with the Staff of Unlimited Power. They were evil, yes, but evil needed balance. A tool like that in the hands of the Hunters simply would not do, oh no.

Allowing a quiet laugh -the Mysterious Figure vanished in a blast of shadow, and fifteen minutes later when the Hunter awoke again, they held no recollection of the events that had taken place after their companion left.

---

The three Sentinels had been arguing for hours over who they would protect that night – one insisted that protecting themselves, as they would surely be priority targets. Their point was disproven when one of the other Sentinels pointed our that their identities were not known.

The second Sentinel suggested protecting the most well-known players; after all, they would surely be the first players targeted for death. However, the third Sentinel pointed out that everyone else would be following this logic too; meaning that none of the well-known players would be killed.

The first Sentinel then pointed out that if everyone was following that logic, they would then follow the logic that since nobody was targeting the well-known players, targeting the well-known players would guarantee a successful target. When the second Sentinel then argued that the logic would then dictate everyone to leave the well-known players again, the three Sentinels gave up on trying to predict the moves every player would make, as they were all inevitably cyclical in nature. Stupid players.

---

Back at the makeshift Hunter HQ (they reminisced about the days when they had a glacier or a tower to make their home), the five Hunters were now trying to figure out exactly how they worked, exactly, and who would be best for the first round.

“Send me,” said the Sniper, “and we will not have to worry about dying for two rounds!”

“Not true,” said the Hunter. “That Mysterious Dude Guy Thing is out there.”

“Then send me,” said the Coder. “I can scramble their brains like deliciously scrambled eggs, and they will never suspect me!”

“That could work,” the Father said, “or I could go and efficiently kill twice as many of those fools than any of you could. Clearly that is the best option.”

“But then the Detective can collect so much more evidence,” the Hunter pointed out. “I don’t know if you’re the best idea.”

“I am clearly the best idea!” The Coder noted. “Send me!”

“What about him?” the Sniper asked, pointing at the Cloaker.

“Not I, not yet,” the Cloaker responded. “I might be of better use protecting you later on.”

The Sniper shrugged. “True enough, I suppose.”

“My children, please listen to me. I am obviously the smartest choice for this first round,” said the Father.

“No, I am the best choice!” the Sniper said.

“It’s definitely me,” said the Coder.

“What about me?” asked the Hunter.

The other four fell silent for several minutes, glancing at each other contemplatively before bursting into laughter.

“You’re so ordinary! Why would we send you?” the Sniper asked.

The Hunter sighed. “I never get the cool jobs.”

---

Like the wind, the Mysterious Figure was invisible, and it was worth it. How long they had waited for this, they did not care to think about – all that matter was that their powers were already growing. Unlike the rest, the radiation of the Staff empowered the Figure; unfortunately, the Figure had noticed a connection forming between himself and the Hunters; although he was not certain, it seemed as though the Hunters as a group had become integral to his life force. If he was still invisible and invulnerable, that was all that mattered – mortality was not a concept he wished to live again.

With a glance at the setting sun, the Mysterious Figure stood. It was time to find a target before the night died – if he deemed any of these piteous mortals worthy of his personal attention.

Who knows, maybe I'll be inspired to do more intermissions between scenes. Anyway, feel free to dive in and look for clues, if I left any! =P The first bit with Portal and I is specifically meant to tie into a prequel to the Darkest Days trilogy that should release within the week.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the new type I named. (No it is totally not a reference to the Roman Numeral III that I seem to obsess over hosting I swear >.>)

Edited by Tex