Why Should Lego Bring Bionicle Back?

fishers64

Because it's the best line LEGO has ever cared to make. Case closed. PERIOD.

No it's not. Your opinion doesn't mean fact. You can't go along pretending that it does. -Dovydas
This is a question that asks your opinion, not facts. I stated my opinion that it's the greatest line ever. The name of the topic is not 'What is the fact about LEGO bringing Bionicle back.' Tell me where I even remotely state that my answer is fact, and not opinion like the posts of everyone else in this topic.
Although I have no doubt it wasn´t your intention, the part Dovydas bolded does imply that BIONICLE being the best LEGO line is indeed a fact. ;)~Gata. ;)
Exactly. "Case closed" quite frankly means, "It's a fact."-Dovydas

Bionicle was the only Lego product line I stuck with from beginning to end. The sets were fantastic, the story was deep, the comics were fun, and it was plain awesome. As soon as Hero Factory came out, I "quit" Lego, so to speak. I don't buy any sets of any kind anymore to their expensive prices. However, I'd make an exception for Bionicle. The problem is that Lego might ruin Bionicle's legacy with a reboot, so do I want it back? I want to say yes...but deep down, I say no as well.

• 2 weeks later...

You know guys, you're not an immature noob or anything if you want Bionicle back. A lot of members seem to think so.As for me, if the story was at least as good as before an the sets were better than the Bionicle Stars, yeah, I'd definitely want it back.

My answer:"Why? You shouldn't bring it back. Ten years is long enough to exhaust every story possibility."

Exactly.
Obviously not, because we had about 50 gajillion unanswered plot points going for us before Bionicle ended, and that was when they were trying to wrap up the story. They definitely could have dragged this out a little longer if they wanted to.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with RC-1505. The story did have its course, although it wouldn't hurt to do what avatar is doing, passing the mantle down to new characters while keeping the most of the mechanics the same.

The Old King is dead long live the King

Dragon types will rule

PM me if you have Pokemon White

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

I probably wouldn't be wearing a Bionicle shirt being that I don't own one nor know where I can get one- But for simplicity's sake, I'll say:"Lemme start off by saying that it was the only form of Lego that I would actually buy, so once Bionicle ended, Lego stopped getting my money. If that doesn't convince you, Imma give you three more reasons why Lego should bring back Bionicle."1. It was THE best line of Lego for creating characters (In my opinion). I feel that Hero Factor is too much of a blank slate to start off with a character. It feels so "standard" and, for lack of a better word, industrialized. Bionicle had character to not only its bad guys, but its good guys too. Exaggerated features separated the sets from one another, like the Mistika and Phantoka (seriously, I actually liked those guys)."2. The story was more original. I feel that Hero Factory was more like a generic Saturday morning cartoon while Bionicle was more in depth and (to me) seemed more personal. I don't mean to bash Hero Factory, I'd just like something for the older Lego audience to enjoy too."3. The abilities and the actions (at least the first part of Bionicle had it). a. I really enjoyed the different actions that they had with the Bionicles up until 2005 (It wasn't so constant then). I think if they figured out a way to incorporate actions into more of the newer models, Bionicle could get more attention again. I'm not complaining, I'm just being nostalgic. b. The powers through the masks and weapons that the characters had were so cool, and some of them unique. I really liked the yellow Makuta's (his name escapes me) power of the temporal clones and how he pulls himself from different time periods; that was pretty creative."Personally, I say you can keep Hero Factory, but you could also bring back Bionicle and gear it toward that slightly older audience. High-schoolers still think they're cool (my friends get distracted whenever they see the Bionicle army in my little bro's room). Maybe you could just advertise them as an art medium rather than just toys (this is coming from an artist). You could still have models of them to be used for inspiration, but the way that Bionicle was molded and shaped helped inspire me to nurture my creative side." Nothing too complicated.

Comedies: How the Inika really became Toa, How the Inika Really Became Mahri, An original comedy for people with a more intelligent sense of humor

Epics: Darkhunter Rebellion, Genesis of the Toa Rava, Review

Bionicle-based creations: Random Bionicle Pics,

(Please don't write over my signature if theres anything wrong with it, just PM me. I use the links)

Simple -- it built a huge loyal fandom that can influence sales positively once they become parents of their own kids. This means it shouldn't necessarily come back just yet, but when the time is right. :)But even if it's brought back earlier than that, if it's targeted at today's young audience (to whom, by now, it will mostly have the "new factor"), it will get them plus a boost of however many older fans are added onto that due to loyalty.Either way, it's practically guaranteed to be a better seller than just a brand new line with no pre-existing fanbase. ^_^Also, it has a ton of storyline potential already in a universe that's already established, copyrights already worked out, etc. So it will be easier to work from than by building something totally from scratch and hoping it works -- the Bionicle universe is already proven to work.The only stipulations are that it must be done in a way that pleases the new, younger fans, not focused purely at nostalgic fans who are too few to carry the line alone, but some "classic" sets in addition to more modern ones may help for older fans too, as other classic LEGO favorite sets have been done. And that the plot must center somehow around a new threat; it can't just bring Makuta back. That's been done to death, in more ways than one, heh. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

"Well," I would say, "to be honest, I don't think Bionicle should be brought back right now. It needs a break of, at the very least, a few more years. If you're asking why Bionicle should be brought back, period -- it's huge. It's the closest thing Lego has to a professional science fiction storyline, and let me tell you, it's, in my opinion, brilliant. To throw it away forever so Lego will stay with younger kids... I don't know if that's the best move. If you can make Lego appeal to more older kids, even young adults, that opens up many new possibilities for storylines. Bionicle can do that."I think we should give Greg Farshtey and the rest of Bionicle's story team a break. Then, after several years, when they come back to Bionicle, they'll have new and exciting ideas for its continuation."

"Well," I would say, "to be honest, I don't think Bionicle should be brought back right now. It needs a break of, at the very least, a few more years. If you're asking why Bionicle should be brought back, period -- it's huge. It's the closest thing Lego has to a professional science fiction storyline, and let me tell you, it's, in my opinion, brilliant. To throw it away forever so Lego will stay with younger kids... I don't know if that's the best move. If you can make Lego appeal to more older kids, even young adults, that opens up many new possibilities for storylines. Bionicle can do that."I think we should give Greg Farshtey and the rest of Bionicle's story team a break. Then, after several years, when they come back to Bionicle, they'll have new and exciting ideas for its continuation."

You hit the nail right on the head, LL. BIONICLE shouldn't come back right now, but it would be a tremendous waste for it to never come back.:e:

I think Bionicle, properly handled, could be a real nice way to attract an older audience back to the LEGO franchise. The older story (the comics, anyway) had a much broader age appeal, I think, than later storylines that decided witty dialogue and action were the most important thing. I was always drawn by the story, though. The sets themselves are probably a different story. And I'm not huge into Hero Factory.

I think it should be brought back eventually, but as a reboot. There'd still be the same characters (Tahu, Teridax, etc.), but maybe the story itself will take on a new direction, and some things here and there will be changed. I would dare use the analogy of this Bionicle saga being something akin to Transformers G1, and whatever afterwords would be the Prime to that G1 (or the IDW G1 comics to the original Marvel ones).

plop

• 1 year later...

I think Bionicle should be brought back because...I really want to hear what happens to Velika! Were his plans stopped, for instance?

So, I'm still waiting for it to come back. Or at least be updated. Because if Bionicle is left unfinished, people might write their own endings to the story, and those endings might differ somewhat. (Google "Sanditon by Jane Austen" for an example of a similar story.)