Cordyceps - The Zombie Ant Fungus

Paleo

For those who have not heard of this before.

For those who wish to learn more.

Basically, there exists a fungus in nature (or rather, a number of them) that infect insect hosts and sometimes influence the host's brain in order to reproduce.

I built one for BBCC 66

(for those who have not yet voted in the contest, please consider these images as opposed to my entry picture, which was taken with poor lighting)

(votes are greatly appreciated)

cordyceps_main_resize.jpg

Edited by Paleo

I could maybe complain about the lighting in your entry picture but dang son I can't find anything bad to say otherwiseThe design and structure is great and cordyceps are the most terrifyingly rad thing ever so you get so many points for thatthe pincers and the eyes and the antenna and the legs and the sprout this entire model just makes me really really happy

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I could maybe complain about the lighting in your entry picture but dang son I can't find anything bad to say otherwiseThe design and structure is great and cordyceps are the most terrifyingly rad thing ever so you get so many points for thatthe pincers and the eyes and the antenna and the legs and the sprout this entire model just makes me really really happy

The limbs look pretty well structured, I like the design. The body has a unique design, with those HF pieces. It looks somehow realistic, like it's ready to eat me...

Thanks.

Creepy... and also really accurate (to one type at least; there are a lot of other pictures of Cordyceps I've seen which are... really weird).

Now build a version attached to a human and call it Last of Us. :lol:

I was originally planning to create a second victim that would look like this, but I ran out of time in the contest. As for making a clicker (I know the name but I don't play), I'm thoroughly terrified of them, so I won't be making one anytime soon.