sunflower

So here's another fun little thing, though I probably spent more time on it than I really should have. Nothing much, just me trying to improve on my other Zauk and Lohkar art, as well as overall tablet savviness.

The Link

The character here is one of my own, a Toa of Acid by the name of Elirak who's generally of the shifty thieving type, which I use for the various contest RPGs that pop up time to time around the RP'ing parts. Wanted to test out some new brushes, though might've gone a bit too all out with them.

Meh.

Was fun.

Comments and criticism appreciated.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

It's not really an out-of-hand border, but I do feel there's a slight disorientation, as if the focus of the image does not match up with any perceived lines of symmetry in the "frame." My eye's drawn to the lamppost, but it doesn't seem centered. I'm not sure what part of the image you intend as the focal point, though.

Still, the effects are quite nice to look at, certainly. Excellent work.

It's not really an out-of-hand border, but I do feel there's a slight disorientation, as if the focus of the image does not match up with any perceived lines of symmetry in the "frame." My eye's drawn to the lamppost, but it doesn't seem centered. I'm not sure what part of the image you intend as the focal point, though.

This goes to show that I probably shouldn't judge my own artwork before it's finished, both in good and bad aspects.

I do see what you mean by disorientation, especially now after not having seen the piece for some time, and looks to me to be primarily stemming from the fact that the border is neither completely random nor passingly symmetrical. In it's current state, it creates a somewhat lopsided effect, definitely skewing the image in one direction.

As for the focal point, my intention was to have the lamppost be the main point of interest, with the direction of the falling rain then drawing that down towards the figure himself. Could probably have executed this more subtly, though the lack of consistency with the border probably takes away from my desired effect.

Still, the effects are quite nice to look at, certainly. Excellent work.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Going over to completely digital work has been a huge learning curve for me, and I'm glad that I'm making progress in that general direction. Right now, even the smallest comments help tremendously.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -