• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Database Jobs Running

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,213 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 30 2013 - 07:11 PM

Some issues were reported with BBCode not being properly parsed in several posts on the forum. In order to resolve the issue, we kicked off a database job to rebuild posts and hopefully fix the problem. The job is taking longer than anticipated, but the impact to the site seems to be minimal.With that in mind I am turning the forums back on while the job finishes. You may experience some slowness until it wraps up.Meanwhile, if you see any BBCode errors or other issues with posts. Please report them here so we can look into them.Thanks for your patience and assistance!

#2 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,002 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2013 - 08:55 AM

That explains why some of my longer posts look like huge walls of text (including, unfortunately, some of my fanfics). I've been forced to fix them myself and it's slow-going, but at least no permanent damage seems to have been done to any of my stuff and the BBCodes are completely unaffected. It's just the paragraphs that have suffered for some reason.

Anyway, hope y'all fix the problem soon. I had no idea it was a problem until I saw that the forums were down, though.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#3 Offline Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 534 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2013 - 09:22 AM

I've got the same problem with my posts' paragraph spacings becoming nonexistent; color tags are still not operating correctly, as well.

Or maybe the problem itself is fixed; it's just that now I have to go back and manually reformat everything that the problem messed with? :o

Renegade_banner_1.png

#4 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2013 - 10:17 AM

Odd, I haven't encountered any of these problems.

EDIT: Nevermind, I spoke too soon.

Edited by Dr. O, Dec 01 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#5 Offline Zeene

Zeene
  • Members
  • Toa

• 149 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2013 - 02:23 PM

Meanwhile, if you see any BBCode errors or other issues with posts. Please report them here so we can look into them.

Looking at these two threads, it would seem like both lists and colours and not yet working properly.

More specifically, while the color-tag is just listed as raw text in it's entirety, the starting list-tag seems to be missing.

EDIT: While the actual list itself does not parse, the indentation it creates does and persists throughout the rest of the post. As a finishing touch, it also stacks with itself.

Edited by Zeene, Dec 01 2013 - 02:28 PM.

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#6 Offline Scanty Demon

Scanty Demon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Steely Visionary

• 360 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 01 2013 - 02:35 PM

Meanwhile, if you see any BBCode errors or other issues with posts. Please report them here so we can look into them.

Looking at these two threads, it would seem like both lists and colours and not yet working properly.More specifically, while the color-tag is just listed as raw text in it's entirety, the starting list-tag seems to be missing. EDIT: While the actual list itself does not parse, the indentation it creates does and persists throughout the rest of the post. As a finishing touch, it also stacks with itself.

[color=#00cc00;]Fonts also seem to be having problems as well for example as seen here. The blogs don't seem to have any problems with colors though.[/color]

NGX30lD.png

#7 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,127 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2013 - 08:51 AM

The thread I've seen it most in is this one.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#8 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,213 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 02 2013 - 12:17 PM

Invision will not support us on this issue until we upgrade to the latest software version. Expect to see a front page announcement around the end of the week on when that will be taking place. Further updates regarding this issue will appear in this Tracker ticket.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users